Its running bad for the kness? Its bycicle better for cardio? Humans are not made to run...

Its running bad for the kness? Its bycicle better for cardio? Humans are not made to run? Looks like a much troubble learn to run.

Attached: images.jpg (350x238, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.unews.utah.edu/news_releases/how-running-made-us-human/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

depends on weight, the fatter you are the harder it is on your joints

Don't run on concrete.

Both these are true. Our ancestors were not fat fucks running down a paved street. Doesn't matter anyway because the patrician's cardio is swimming. Everyone knows that.

bycicle is better

Running is great. But not on concrete or threadmill. U have to start slow and don't overdo. Also learn proper technique, and more steps. Eventually u get very good. And my legs have never been in better shape.

Where i can run? In the sand? Which are the safe places? The only reason i ran today is because i have a siberian husky... but never again... bycicle ftw... or swimming...

Attached: FB_IMG_1541455727459.jpg (720x404, 37K)

All true. Also our distant ancestors didn't live long enough for the cumulative damage of running to come into play.

Best to keep your cardio as low impact as possible so you don't pay for it when you're old.

I run in the forest. Where there is many paths u can take. I see alot of people run too. U can bike to a place where u can do it. Then take it from there.

sand prob good too

This is retarded. One is based on endurance and one is based on distance. For the bike, you're still going 45 mins regardless of speed. And for the run, you're going distance over time.

Like what's the point.

Knee damage niggah

Oh humans are evolved to run.
archive.unews.utah.edu/news_releases/how-running-made-us-human/

Get some inline skates. They are way easier on your joints than running, plus you don't have to bounce on a dick shaped seat for almost an hour. Best of all, it's actually fun

I rather bounce on a dick then look like a fag on skates

Maybe a long board?

Attached: IMG_20181105_144937.jpg (720x802, 221K)

On concret? And i suppossed you need to have PERFECT FORM.

Attached: IMG-20181105-WA0003.jpg (1080x942, 84K)

>Humans are not made to run?
There is literally noting in existence we are made to do better as there is nothing in existence that can do it better than us.

You can use your inline skates to quickly commute to your boyfriend’s house and bounce on his dick-shaped dick, faggot

Only cycle if you are a girl, it destroys your prostate and erection quality, I like to use a rowing machine or elipitical

>you don't have to bounce on a dick shaped sea

Is this the kind of shit fruitbooters tell themselves?

dirt trails

Forest running is the greatest

>running or cycling?
rowing

Attached: 1489545146808.jpg (320x414, 22K)

Wrong. Just because you can do something better than others doesn't mean it's what you do best.

Also, simply because we are evolutionarily capable of running doesn't mean we're capable of running especially safely or that running has no negative health consequences on joints or cartilage.

We're evolutionarily capable of vomitting to expel poison, but that doesn't make vomitting for fun healthy.

Only if you're overweight or somehow fucking up a basic human motion.

Opinions on barefoot running?

I need support for my feet, but some people seem to love it. It will ruin your feetgame though. Calluses everywhere. You could try those weird minimalistic foot glove shoes. Forgot what they're called.

based

Rowing after uni is gay.

Rowing is the best - but it's just as much a mental exercise as a physical exercise. You're the one that controls the pace and intensity and the lactic acid build is very uncomfortable, but that's where you have to tap into your brain to say you can push through and maintain pace.

Cycling is a good but its easy to be lazy and it's not going to burn as many calories or increase cardiovascular endurance as much rowing or running.

Running is just harsh on your body. In the right the conditions it might be okay, but it wears and tears on your ankles, knees and hips. pound, pound, pound. I personally hate running for exercise and will only ever do it for sports.

Vibrams are one brand. Just don't get the toe separated ones. No one will notice otherwise

>never running
>never squishing your cartilege
Enjoy your joint erosion

Enjoy losing your hyaline cartilage.

If I’m prepping for the military is low level collegiate rowing going to get me fit enough or am I just gonna have to do a shitload of running

you should be running barefoot

With correct form your ass barely touches the seat while riding. Your muscles and pedaling form allow you to basically float just above the seat.

maybe if you mean via marathon, plenty of animals "run" better

I would also say we're objectively better at fucking than we are at running

depends on the branch, depends on the country. imo and ime, nothing but running really prepares you for running (and nothing but hiking with weight really prepares you for hiking with weight, although having a decently strong squat and deadlift sure helps)--not necessarily in a metabolic conditioning kind of way so much as toughening the feet and ankles and developing good technique and what have you. if you're just gonna be behind a desk with a 2-mile test twice a year, meh, whatever. if you're gonna be high speed ranger ricky the big dick bandit, yeah, you probably need to run more

Military = running. You could try rucking from time to time, but try to limit that shit as that will really fuck your knees up. All infantrymen end up with wasted joints because of it.

>compare time with distance

tentative disagreement here. obviously, "running" can mean a lot of different things, and so can "rucking", but my experience has been that walking at a comfortably brisk pace in well-fitting footwear with a load that's not crushingly heavy is easier on my knees, feet, and back than almost any running (except maybe the very slowest possible pace) for comparable training volumes. the tradeoff may be different depending on how big and strong you are, your personal injury history, anthropometry, etc, and I think it's fair to say that relentless airborne shuffling with 120lbs is going to be bad for almost everyone, but in general I think people overrate the injury potential of loaded walking and underrate the injury potential of running (and, conversely, underrate the training benefits of loaded walking and overrate the benefits of running).

just one man's opinion, though. as always, start easy and titrate up slowly.

forest or pic related

Attached: Finnbahn-01.jpg (840x630, 88K)

They usually lived to their 60s. The average age is brought down by high infant and child mortality. People wete just lucky to live past 7 but when they did they often got old.

tfw just ordered hoka meme meme bondi on closeout

Attached: 21b0d19d87f188dedc0e6c97776bc9a575af3d1b96cfff9664a9e16a8c039b41.png (598x566, 277K)

Good luck getting eaten by a lion.

Hominids in prehistory mostly walked as they were endurance predators and could just stalk their prey for days until it died from exhaustion.

Stupid deduction. Of course our ancestors didn't run on concrete and that's why running shoes are made.

NEVER RUN IN THE SAND. You'll get tendinitis.

Be careful with that. Doing steps on irregular terrain is very bad for your ankles.

Fact: Humans are made for running 20km per day. With today's diet it can be extended to 30km. And I said running, not walking.

Only if you're overweight user. Can remember the exact value, but I think if you weight less than 70kg there won't be a problem (with the adequate seat).

Don't. The evolution lead us to have thinner skin on the feet and the actual width can't support the impact.

And you should be killing other males, raping women and eating raw meat.
Stop that 'humans are not meant to' bullshit.

Rowing and boxing are the best physical activities ever. The body uses almost every single muscle.

15min of cycling makes me feel like the Hunchback of Notre Dame and feeling like my boypucci has been pounded by all the bears in the gym. Fuck that shit, imo.
Running is fine if you stretch properly first and warm up before running. Proper running shoes also goes a long way.
Shit will start going bad when you overdo the running and keep going despite having pain signals, never giving your legs a few days off to recover every now and then.
Most gyms today should have decent treadmills with shock-absorption so they're not that bad as people think it is. Also upping the incline to 1.0% while running will also help the knees.
But swimming is the best of them all; Full body workout, most efficient calorie burner and endurance builder, good for muscles and joints (especially after weightlifting) and least prone to any injures.

NEVER EVER stretch before running. Do that afterwards, but never before.

its a meme made by fattiests and lazy lifters

Humans literally evolved to run and its the one physical trait we have superior to all other animals. We can outrun a horse.

You need to run properly though, bad shoes and a funny run will put too much stress on certain parts of your joints

Dynamic stretches are still stretches faggot

Static stretches pre-run will snap your shit up though

Never? How is running different from any other physical activity?
I didn't mean doing hardcore stretching but light and short (mostly dynamic) to loosen up muscle tightness and stiff joints, increase muscle blood/oxygen flow for all the muscles involved and reduce the risk of tearing/joint pain/tendinitis.
For me, it's a day and night difference. Not having stretched first makes me feel rusty (stiff, knee tendon discomfort at the start because of tight Quadriceps, prone to shin discomfort because of tight Tibialis Anterior). And generally feeling more tired during the warm up, which will require more to complete than what I usually just do; 1km (0.6mile) of fast walking (6km/h or 3.7mph) with a gradual incline increase to 3-4% before running 5-10km.

When I used to be a competitive swimmer (RIP glorious stamina), we always did some dynamic and light static stretching before diving into the pool. Otherwise, we would easily be asking for shoulder-tendinitis. The real stretching were always after the workout, of course.
So why shouldn't we do it before running too? If you care to elaborate on that.

A huge waste of time. You only need warm up before the races, going easy for 1-2 km is enough.

>tfw addicted to buying running gear
and people say its cheap...