When is an acceptable time to start using straps...

When is an acceptable time to start using straps? I'm on a 3plate deadlift and I can barely get 2 reps before my grip starts failing. I tried a hook grip but fuck that I want to keep my thumbs.

Attached: 1540230753891.jpg (859x1526, 578K)

how many other people in your gym are lifting 3+ plates?
how many other people in your gym are using straps?
don't forget to take them off once in a while and keep testing your raw strength

I'm at the same point as you bro. Just use straps on your heaviest sets. Don't abuse it

Never, chalk + grip as hard as you can, and mix grip if you don't want to de-load to a lighter weight

when you hit 7pl8

work on your grip, fucko.

use chalk and hook grip. Grow up you pussy if you want to make it

Not gonna be an cunt and call you a faggot but srsly OP don't do it. When you can DL 4 plate raw next to the HS twink who thinks he's the shit for snap-citying 225 with his belt and straps and butt plug it'll be a happy day.

I hook grip 4 p8 from there up I use straps. I've had no ill effects from hook gripping and not it feels natural to lift that way

This. If you want, wear gloves that match your panties OP

I dont see the relevance, but I've never seen someone deadlift over 3plates. Deadlifts arent really popular are my gym. I've seen a guy use straps on 2 plates though

i'm a firm believer in never lifting anything heavier than you can grip

Attached: 1539393446876.png (1000x1000, 539K)

That’s retarded

Why user?

This is really a good way to go. Deadlifts are really the best forearm work you can do and using straps really does take a lot away from it.

Always do your DL warmups with double overhand and use mixed grip for work set. If the grip is your weak point, you can try pausing for a second during the lockout and just concentrate on clenching the grip.

Now at 150kg mixed grip, 130kg overhand at 78kg 183cm

>muh fragile masculinity

Tries 130x5 the other day and my grip started failing after the 2nd reps, I had to adjust the grip every time I finished a rep. Fuck me sideways bros.

Deadhangs 2x a week for vice like grip.
I’m able to deadlift 4pl8 without straps and I still feel like my grip has more to give.

Hook grip is the more elegant than mixed grip. I hate having to remember which hand was supinated last week

I love cooking my traps with high rep sets of 3pl8 barbell shrugs. My grip always fails before my traps. I need straps for this exercise.

Whenever you feel they are needed. Don't over use them. They are there for when you want to go beyond your grip strength.

b-but my gym is only open for 12 hours, they wont let me hang there for two weeks

Why don't you change grip each set? That's what I do.

ITT: people deadlifting 150kg telling people not to use straps

Attached: 1461700812805.png (289x303, 76K)

3 plate didly is unironically beginner level. Even 15 year old me had better grip strength than you.

t. strap liftin' faggot

at 70 kg i can 1 rep a 4 plate deadlift with hook grip. work on your grip

Hook grip feels almost like cheating once you get over the pain. Do you even get forearm/grip gains with that?

Nigga, what's worse
>guys deadlifting 150kg telling guys lifting less to use straps
>guys deadlifting 150kg telling guys lifting less to NOT use straps

its never acceptable

Nah bro, use chalks and hold the deadlift for 5+ seconds at the last rep. Also do gripwork if you feel it isn't enough just be careful to not overdo it.