Why is it so hard for people to lose weight?

I can see how you could easily let his weight go, but once they make the conscious effort that you're going to lose the excess fat, why do most individuals fail?

Attached: 1534174576276.jpg (1080x1076, 529K)

Anyone have the edit where she got fatter.

Strength of habit.

They got that way by being lazy and ignorant and doing what they want, 'losing weight' is just another thing they want, and the method of getting what they want has usually been by being lazy and ignorant...which doesn't work for losing weight...

Isn't it obvious?

going from 18 to 14% was the hardest thing ive ever done.

14% to 10% was easy because i just LOST MY FUCKING MIND

This sounds about right. Well put.

Lack of discipline; a weak mind.

>losing weight
>hard
Nigga just fast until you're on your goal weight and then count calories afterwards.

because there is a big difference between knowing you have to lose weight and really wanting to lose weight. Most people who say they want to lose weight only know they should, but dont really have any interest on doing.
The ones who want, just do.

No will power
Plenty of excuses exist for them or latch on when they know the truth deep down I. E. "Dr.noseberg says being skinnyfat 70kg is a healthy weight", "wow 1200 calories a day? That's not healthy according to my Facebook group"

can't expect normies to do shit like that. They think they'll die or some other retarded meme because it doesn't align with the public's idea of what loss entails.

first time I got to 13% it was hard as fuck. Now I just hang out at 10-11% with omad and weekend fasting and still gaining weight.

Then thats why.

these comics are always so lazy. its always about the creator self depricating themselves while refusing to take responsibilty for their actions. these are same people who are pushing "positive body image" and nonsense like that. and the drawings are shitty, she just copy pasted the same image and just drew different food

because people snack alot
you cut out snacking you cut out like 1000 callories easy

they just don't hate themselves enough.believe me when they do,they will lose weight.

>they dont hate themselves
They dont love themselves enough, if they did they would lose weight

Same reason it's hard for people with fast metbolisms to gain weight

>can't expect normies to do shit like that.
Then they can wallow in their own suffering for all I care.

Thank you captain obvious. Now, the hard for one, how do you turn that into life lasting? Do you really think people enjoy discipline? Are you a slave? Do slaves enjoy being slaves?

Attached: wut3.jpg (480x480, 32K)

I am mentally ill
Food and alcohol is my only relief

>Thank you captain obvious. Now, the hard for one, how do you turn that into life lasting? Do you really think people enjoy discipline? Are you a slave? Do slaves enjoy being slaves?
If you don't enjoy discipline then YOU are a slave, slave to your own desires.

overeating or emotional eating are really bad habits. Do you have any bad habits? Think about what they could be and then try to not do it for 6 months. It's a lot harder than you think. Obviously it can be done with great effort but you have to show more empathy when asking a question like "Why is it so hard for people to lose weight?"

It's been said a bunch in this thread OP, in the case of most weigh-tloss ventures the leading cause of failure is lack of discipline. There are a host of contributing factors which make meaningful and permanent weightloss difficult but they can all be overcome with discipline. It's incredibly difficult and I don't begrudge people for falling short of their goals I do take issue with them quitting all together.
>In b4 hurr it's not hard just don't eat like a cow and workout
That's 100% true but it's not constructive to tell someone who doesn't understand why they are failing. 95% of people who try to lose weight fail or gain it back but that means 1 in 20 will succeed and that person is worth helping.
The biggest problem I've found with normalfags is that they don't understand that health is a lifestyle and instead of cultivating a sustainable diet / exersize plan they dive into some stupid crash diet or meme program, wreck themselves and feel like shit then give up. The ones that understand that health requires a more comprehensive long-term approach usually stumble over the destabilization of other systems of behavior that incorporating health and fitness into their life will bring. Going to the gym means less time for hobbies, freinds, significant others, work etc. It changes your schedule, which throws off your rhythm and humans naturally crave stable patterns. Eating healthy means changing how you shop, how you order at restaurants, it means having to turn down free cookies from that nice coworker, etc. Not only will your body and brain resist this change in habitation but people around you, who also crave stable patterns, will concoisly or subconsciously attempt to return to the status quo (not gonna tuch the fucked up psychology of sabotage. 1/2

2/2
In addition to the social pressures fighting weightloss, people who are chronically obese, the ones that NEED to lose weight, will often have a fucked insulin response and are in fact addicted to food. Adding to the biochemical difficulties is metabolic elasticity or lack thereof. If you are on acaloric deficit for any appreciable amount of time your body will store fat rapidly should you go back to a surplus and then resist losing it should you return to a deficit.
It's a process that no one really wants you to win, yourself included, but 1 in 20 make it and if you're here that means that you know something is up and you are looking for answers (and dank memes).
We're all gonna make it brah

For me my career gets in the way. It's 90 percent networking..at the pub.. plus I travel a lot. Transient lifestyles.

But yeah once I decide to fix it, there's not a lot I can't fix in 4 months. Currently on a weight loss push and down 13 kegs in 7 weeks. I need another 6 kegs then I'll be back in the pub, in time to ruin it over Christmas.

I'm married so.. there's also no pussy drive now

You guys absolutely forget how fucking fun it is to smash 6 litres of whiskey a week, stuff yourself with pizza, burgers, bacon and egg rolls, chocolate milk and shit the next day when hungover.

Getting fat and staying fat kicks ass.. until your blood pressure starts flipping out.

If you're in a relationship.. it's way, waaaay more fun to abuse your body with 5k calories per day without trying.

Based and stoicpilled
>He is most powerful who has power over himself

An absolute failure hamplanet made this post.

Attached: 1497055690801.jpg (500x500, 30K)

You fall into this trap where you value the instant gratification from stuffing your face more than the delayed gratification of getting fit.

My theory is there arent enough consequences for being fat to override the pleasure from eating. We cant make food less tasty, so we need to make being fat more miserable, except western cultures refuse to do this.

Feel closer to enlightenment after reading this post.

Because they are retarded. Just today I had some 1.6m/90kg woman in front of me in the canteen. Was talking to her friend about how she never really feels hungry and has to force herself to eat three meals.
Giving her the benefit of the doubt she was not just lying, she's clearly retarded and not listening to her body who's trying to tell her she's eating herself to death.

>why is it so hard for people to lose weight

it's not

but i dont wanna lose the meager gains ive made

Nice digits, you have a trade off man, if you are losing weight you can build muscle up to a point if you have enough fat reserves to make up the caloric deficit.
That being said the general adage that you will get a bit fatter while building muscle and that you will lose a little muscle while losing fat. Being at the awkward mid stage is hard, pick one direction and stick it until you reach a point when you are ready to head the other way.
Id recommend cutting as if you are already tubby you dont want to get really fat for aesthetic and health reasons. I dont have pics on this pc but if the thread is still up ill post my progress pics over time.

When your body's gets reliant to a thing it's going to react negative to its absence at first.

Fasting makes you lose less muscle than eating on a deficit for several months and doesn't fuck with your metabolism as much.

Good job with the progress my man keep it going

that's because they don't go to wrestling practice

how does one even gain weight (fat) on just pure habit?

i'm trying to dirt bulk because im skelly at 7% bodyfat but eating above 2500 a day is excruciating... i constantly feel bloated, tired to the point i can't chew another meal so i have to down it with water
i mean sure i could just fucking eat snacks all day but i don't wanna be die of vitamin deficiency so i only reach for healthy calories

If they're morbidly obese they probably are addicted to bad food. If they slowly drifted towards fatness it's either laziness or a busy lifestyle.

>Fast until goal weight
>Start eating again and instantly put on 5lbs of water weight
>Look even smaller and more bloated than before, start gaining weight uncontrollably off your fast

Tfw I go buy milk and sausages. Two days later I haven't drunk any milk, realise it might go off and down a litre of milk ruining my calorie restriction.
Id rather get fat than waste food sadly.

>[...]But wherever I found living things, there heard I also the language of obedience. All living things are obeying things.
>And this heard I secondly: Whatever cannot obey itself, is commanded. Such is the nature of living things.
>This, however, is the third thing which I heard—namely, that commanding is more difficult than obeying. And not only because the commander beareth the burden of all obeyers, and because this burden readily crusheth him:[...]

t. freddy-kun

People have no willpower. They are entitled and living life on easy. Mostly everyone in the 1st world is. Everyone is, in fact, if you do not count people who cannot think about something as trivial as weight loss because they have larger obstacles in their lives - such as drugs, monetary issues, mental issues, health issues etc.

So from the 100% of people who have the "privilege" of thinking about weight loss and diet and healthy lifestyle, yet refuse to participate in the endeavor, each and every one of them lives their life on easy mode, getting everything they need (not want, but need), having surplus of basically everything, yet feeling entitled to having that one more thing, because someone else has it too and, because they are not used to really fight for things, that is they never learnt how to REALLY want something, they have never developed willpower, determination, discipline, and the ability to conceive a goal that they could follow (and if they somehow do, they are not able to elaborate on the issue, they just see the end but not the journey, and so they do not realise that things take time; unsurprising in our "immediate society".).

Furthemore, the issue of "everyone is beautiful, you are perfect, and someone will love you" (which, unfortunately, is often practiced by people) makes the journey towards the "unattainable beauty standard" even less desirable.

>I can see how you could easily let his weight go, but once they make the conscious effort that you're going to lose the excess fat, why do most individuals fail?

Attached: keto-tards.png (1080x1076, 650K)

I'm on the opposite spectrum but for gaining weight, it's so fucking boring to cook and to eat

I am eating at a 700 caloric deficit and still no weight loss. I was eating at maintenance and my weight still stayed the same. WTF do I do anons 125 kg 6'6 1/2/3/4 here

nigga have you had food before? shits delicious...

I can understand this, but if I live my life to a set routine for the remainder of it I'm going to go insane. I've cut back on my eating and I'm going to the gym again (mostly cardio, sorry lifting bros) and I'm doing better this college semester than I ever have in previous years, but as my weekly routine solidifies I feel miserable with the exception of the weekends. I fear discipline because I feel that I'll get stuck in an iron cage and lose the things that I enjoy in life. All I want for the near future is to bring myself down to 12% bf and eat better.

eat low GI foods so you don't blast your blood sugar through the roof every time you eat.
You can also shift your eating window to maximize the amount of time you have low blood sugar to increase your body's ketone production.

If there's no weight loss and it's been more than a week or so you're not eating at a deficit