/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

His name is just DENI Edition

If in need of resources look into the archives for the OP pasta.

Attached: 36D130A4-81D3-4B1B-927B-505EF4FB940A.jpg (1909x1201, 332K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ashgabat2018.com/schedule
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I keep losing my balance on high bar squats and it’s keeping me from adding big weights what do

how you lose balance
i would say stretch and do more front squats

Gotta be more specific m8. Does the weight shift forward to your toes or backwards onto your heels or are your hips shifting too much to one side? Post a vid if you want actual advice or constructive critique.

Idk I just started leaning once I get atg

It definitely shifts backwards to the heels. I don’t have a vid unfortunately

when is group a

try that 3 position toe touch thing, make sure big toe, little toe, and heel are all pressed into the ground throughout each lift

Deni did well, much better than I thought he would. Shi was a fucking monster tho

>Shi
hurr I mean Chen

Chen's actually looked off his best for months now but still easily best in class

ashgabat2018.com/schedule
Also, checked

i really wasted those quads

Worst stream in history

the A sessions are better

> (OP)
I'd really love to see Lasha beat his record on Saturday.
He's a monster.

bump

When doing snatch and cleans, are you actually supposed to "slam" the bar against your hip/upper tighs? When i do hang version i usually drag the bar against my legs but i cant do that in the starting position. On many chinese lifters i see them remaining bar contact but on others they slam the bar.

The slam is something that happens when you extend powerfully. Chinese lifters that you watch have perfect leverages and technique, making it seem like the slam doesn't happen.

Then again some people don't have the same leverages that allow for such a smooth bar path, and also their tech might be different.

As long as you don't push the bar away with the slam, you should just think about aggressive extension and pushing the bar upwards.

do the streams work on mobile?

yes

link for a stream?

No one slams the bar

Bump

anyone have a stream link or previous events archives? hell even a torrent of recorded events will do.

just discovered my problem with front squatting is keeping my upper back vertical while maintaining a full grip hand positioning, none of that t rex shit. I have problem staying vertical though and feel the bar putting weight on wrists and this happens when I start going down/doing the lift
I tried gripless with the bar on my front delts and arms straight and it was perfect

any secret trick to fix this?

it isn't a slam, its smooth concurrent hip and knee extension. Slam encourages hip smash which is bad