Jow Forums keeps telling me that PPL is shit, so what other intermediate routine should i pick...

Jow Forums keeps telling me that PPL is shit, so what other intermediate routine should i pick? Preferably one with more focus on upper body to balance out my childbearing sòyhips.

Attached: 1539478908353.jpg (1080x1313, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rohitnair.net/pp/#muscle_gain/aesthetics/split
blog.gyminutesapp.com/2016/09/16/phat-vs-phul/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ignore that faggotry, PPL is god-tier as long as you start off with compounds for strength then go onto accessories like any semi-intelligent person.

Attached: 1533965484779.jpg (1024x584, 43K)

it's only peddled by clueless shitters with shit physiques and shit lifts.

like this moron.

Post body

pplppxx is based

PPL isn't an intermediate routine, it's a template for bodybuilding training. And unless you're aiming to be a bodybuilder, it's essentially just another brosplit.

In which case might as well just do bench and curls 3x a week

>not squatting twice a week
A-user...

legs are gay

ur gay

>Jow Forums keeps telling me that PPL is shit
Exactly why you should do it. Jow Forums is probably one of the worst lifting communities on the web hence why it's an endless circle of DYELs all doing strength routines despite not lifting competitively so they just end up with mediocre strength that means nothing and a physique that looks like shit.

this.

5 day PPL is god tier once you've gotten your novice gains

Just do full body with enough focus on delts and lats. If you are still a noob you should just put on muscle everywhere. Don't do direct ab work, sit ups etc or you might end up getting even less of a V taper

>full body

fuck off betadestiny

Attached: 1540816548366.gif (315x174, 1.39M)

PHUL is pretty good.

>dont do direct ab work

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (248x189, 18K)

Jow Forums is full of DYEL. You'll get shit for squatting more than once a week while simultaneously getting shit for squatting less than once a week. Don't listen to those retards. Just stick with the sticky and include the big three lifts into your PPL plan. Posting on Jow Forums is mostly for shit posting, it's the equivalent of /b/ but with a fitness theme instead of a random one.

Post bodys

>brappppp

Unironically push/pull/legs/x/push/pull/x

Don’t listen to fatlifts ITT

Fucking disgusting

Natty lifting is really not that complicated, Jow Forums just makes it seem like that through a combination of retardation and trolling.

is this the twilight zone? in any other thread if you bring up PPL everyone shits on you, but here its being revered as a god.
to answer your question, GSLP, its pretty forgiving to novices and definitely helps you progress faster than PPL, i think theres a Jow Forums variant of it somewhere out there

Its just the plebbitors shilling their little plebbit ppl plan. No joke, someone post the pic if you have it

Jow Forums also shits on other programs like SS because it focuses too much on lower body. There's no consent.

P O S T B O D Y
O
S
T

B
O
D
Y

no u

PPL does not work for intermediates
it is always hilarious how many of you try to program your own routine when you are still making your way out of dyel mode
instead of using a program that you made up after your 1-2 years of lifting why not actually use ones made by people who know what they are talking about
rohitnair.net/pp/#muscle_gain/aesthetics/split

Push strength/pull strength/legs strength/push hyper/pull hyper/legs hyper/rest. or ph3 Is god tier anything else is just shills trying to make you do the shit they do so you end up like a dyel just like them

6’1/168lbs

Attached: 0388FB15-9B71-4C51-8E2A-529C18920C15.jpg (629x1198, 187K)

>no timestamp
k feg

>implying I take pictures at the whim of a DYEL online
Some of us has jobs

Lmao you cant even get the weight right fucking larping fag that is minimum 185 lbs if he is 6’1 and i would say that is probably around 190 or more

thats zyzz jr you kike

Stay MIRIN brah

and generic bodypart split - another one fit shits all over

Attached: 1538426148373.gif (309x380, 2.78M)

do PPLxPPL and pick a method of periodization

Brosplit. All of these new routines are just fads.

This worked well for me. Fucked my hip up at work so I just pp now ;_;

Attached: 1527209271813.jpg (1920x1237, 405K)

>generic bodypart split
did you even look at the link m8?
it is showing multiple routines such as PHAT, WS4SB, Doggcrap, etc.

kek, sure
and this is me
7'2"/135lbs

Attached: 1495649101131.png (1008x1002, 1.02M)

is this klokov

Haha imagine the smell

Sadly this, a lot of smart people here, but they are too afraid to use common sense and think for themselves of a good routine. They overthink things, can't decide, then come here looking for direction from any other random dyel in the same predicament.

thoughts on madcow with accessories like weighted chins, face pulls(mandatory), curls, lat raises spread over the days?

Yeah i did m8 its almost last paragraph where is written you can generate programs on strenghtcalc - which doesnt work.

based hahaposter

Going to try bodypart split after few years of upper lower. What 4 day split would you recommend?

I would suggest that everyone do Madcow after finishing up their newbie gains. Then do a PPLPPxx routine. Unless you want to just to powerlifting.

>PPL
>Intermediate routine
You made it to an intermediate level and you are still asking questions like this is your first time lifting

Attached: 1540079670247.jpg (700x600, 50K)

I don't mind doing ppl eventually but I don't really want to do a 6 day routine. Is there another one which would be just as quiche?

This.

Attached: 1532899915667.jpg (704x792, 76K)

Unironically doing this:

DAY 1 Reps
Lift
Barbell bench 8
Bent over row 8
Military press 8
Squat 8
EZ Curl 10
Rope pushdown 10
Hanging leg raise 15

DAY 2 Reps
Lift
Pull/Chin up 8
Dumbbell curl 10
Incline dumbbell press 8
Overhead triceps ext 8
Seated dumbbell arnold press 10
Barbell / dumbbell lunge 10
Hanging leg raise 15

DAY 3 Reps
Lift
Skull-crushers 8
Preacher curls 8
Dumbbell bent over row 8
Lateral Raises 8
Standing calf raises 10
Incline dumbbell flyes 10
Hanging leg raise 10

PPL isn't bad per-se. I just think its a misallocation of time because you could do all of your upper-body work in the same day and have an additional 2 days off during the week. Unless you're a highly advanced lifter who needs the extra time to really get in the volume that you need, there's no reason to not be doing either full-body workouts or upper-lower split. It really all about what routine allows you to get the weekly volume and frequency that you need to progress on all of your lifts, because at the end of the day, you cannot get bigger without getting stronger.

You should start doing it ironically.

PHUL or PHAT

>Pic related
>Not squatting every time you hit the gym

Ain't gonna make it

Attached: 1541380973717.png (645x773, 398K)

I've been doing PHAT for about 2 months now, Its been a pretty good program. I've seen good progress in all of my lifts so far even with subpar dieting

Attached: image1 (1).jpg (750x998, 176K)

user is definitely a fag

>only does direct ab work

Attached: 1531935899717.png (616x480, 237K)

How long have you been lifting user

2 months

Did you look that good before lifting? Nohomo tho I've been for 2 and half monhs and don't look anything different, been doing SL 5x5 and about 2500 cal per day

What are your stats user? My goal body

Take out the legs, taking out a full day for legs is a fucking meme, its the only bad thing about the routine. I started doing Push/Pull a while back and it works great for me. Add squats on push day, deadlifts on pull day.

Lift 4 days a week, do cardio and abs at home the rest of the days. Huge legs are not aesthetic and suck for fashion

>2500 cal per day
Either you are cutting or you are into eternal auschwitz mode

He hasn't been lifting 2 months you retarded newfag

Is just a troll not me, I'm I guess ill post back as proof

I did sports in high school and lifted sporadically in college, but have only been extremely consistent for about a year and 5 months. I've always had abs since like middle school so im lucky there, but upper body was utter shit before lifting

6'2 222 lbs

Stats (estimated from last work sets):

bench: 315
Squat: 425
deadlift: 500

Typically I like shorter rests so those may be a bit underestimated

Attached: image2.jpg (750x998, 155K)

Upper lower or push pull?

mirin

Attached: 1466070570079.jpg (1062x1062, 171K)

Imagine if she spread her cheeks wide and sat on your face, then let go of her cheeks so they sandwich snugly over your nose, then she rocks her ass from side to side while pushing herself harder on to your face haha

I did PHUL and it was alright but PHAT looks better. I never progressed on incline bench.

Don't listen to fucking Jow Forums. Look at scientific fitness youtube channels. This place is fucking awful; the only reason why I haven't stopped coming back here is to help out those who don't know better.

PHUL is basically both.

UL for the first two days, then PPL after a rest day.

I made more progress on PHUL than PPL since the first two days were focused on strength rather than an entire week of hypertrophy.

What channels? Give example please.

Jeff Nippard
Athlean X
Jeremy Ethier

Do you even have to ask?

Attached: B736B1F2-6810-4735-8EDA-3A18CB64B259.png (420x678, 344K)

this. i don’t want huge legs and need my upper body to catch up after cycling for 5 years and doing no upper body work.

I run ppl. Lifts are 280x2 on bench, 415x3 on squat, and 460x3 on deadlift.

great body

Personally i like plpx. 7 day cycle is an arbitrary convention. I work out 75% of days of the month and dont overtax my shoulders.

Just do push leg exercises on push day and pulling leg exercises on pull day. That's what I do. It's high volume but the extra rest days help with that.

Well what are your lifts so we can see if you're really "intermediate". If you're past 1/2/3/4 try madcow 5x5, candito, or nsuns. If not, do SL 5x5.

What have your routine(s) been since being consistent?

Since last summer i've done:
Buff dudes 12 week plan
Arnold's blueprint to mass phase 1/2
Arnold's blueprint to cut phase 1/2
Chris gethin's Muscle Building trainer (a shitload of reps)
Hany Rambod's FST-7
Lane Norton's PHAT routine

You can find the PHAT routine as well as a PHUL workout at this link: blog.gyminutesapp.com/2016/09/16/phat-vs-phul/

Thanks, that's a lot haha. Guessing you bulked then cut with Arnold's then have lean bulked since?
Would you have done anything differently, mainly do you think you would have been better off with standard plan of a 3xweek fbw program then switch to more reps?

PPLPPLx is the perfect routine schedule, what lifts you do make the routine, its optimal in that its 2x frequency for each group and many prefer to run it very high volume which is great for hypertrophy but its easy to burn out and spin your wheels doing too many accessories, better for people in uni/neets/those with little life stressors etc who can recover from the huge volume

GOD FUCKING ASS YES

Sit on me, smother me, I DIE HAPPY

*SNIFS SCREEN AS HARD AS I CAN*

FUCK

*ZOOMS IMAGE RIGHT ON CRACK*

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

ITS HAPPENING

DAY 1 OF NOFAP FUCKING CANCELED

LOOKS LIKE BRAPS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: snnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.jpg (645x773, 17K)

If you can find them online (and you can if you know where to look) John Meadows has some pretty good aesthetics focused programs. I like the Taskmaster and Gamma Bomb.
You just have to know how to really push yourself. Also pinning helps with recovery.

Hit delts and bis every session, they recover quickly. Only medial delt volume is 30 reps a week, don’t let your delts lag luke a retard like me.

Do full body 4x a week look up Scott Stevenson Fortitude training

I made good newb gains on that but now that I’m approaching 1/2/3/3.5, I find the volume is too much some days.

>Just stick with the sticky

Good beginner routines:

> Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength (minimalist and a classic. This one has worked countless times already. Check the extensive wiki and the bodybuilding.com forum FAQ to answer all of your questions.)
Stronglifts (a variation on the above theme)

Attached: giphy.png (1360x782, 34K)

Sorry, let me try this again:

>Just stick with the sticky

>Good beginner routines:

> Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength (minimalist and a classic. This one has worked countless times already. Check the extensive wiki and the bodybuilding.com forum FAQ to answer all of your questions.)

>Stronglifts (a variation on the above theme)

Where to look? Please.

I finished blueprint to cut some time in April and just kind of maintained for a while, now I’ve started bulking about 3 weeks ago.

If I only had 3 days to work out then I would have definitely just done full body workouts, but I had time for 6 days so I did the buff dude and Arnold workout plans which work up to 6 days. I’m pretty happy with PHAT now since I only really want to commit my weekdays to lifting and then have weekends for going out

>pp
>peepee
>could also mean urine or a penis
HAHAHAHA AHHHHHH HAHA HAHAHA

Attached: 1024B207-09F3-4428-9303-661662789EE3.jpg (764x1068, 406K)