/plg/ - powerlifting general

"pray to the iron gods, respect your opposition and smoke a fat one" edititon.

Attached: images (94).jpg (225x225, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/goblet-squats-101
youtu.be/WdGP120e4B0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: motivational op.png (2342x1500, 1.43M)

the next time i get to start an OP im using this one.

>reposted by thatstrongdude
sort of like the AIM username I would have had at 13, IG really is for brainlets

Attached: 1369998074222.webm (640x640, 976K)

This nigger has saved 94 thumbnails

I had an iron lyfe moment the other day

>be me
>benching
>trying to exhaust 3x5 gains
>basically at the end of my genetic limit
>first two sets RPE 10
>5th rep was a grinder each time
>final set
>estimated I'd get 2-3 reps with how I was feeling
>sitting on the bench, seconds away from pulling myself under the bar
>hear gym owner talking to some other guy
>don't know what they're talking about
>but he says something like
>"you either get it done, or you fail and amount to nothing, so your only choice is to get it done"
>something gay like that
>really obsess on those words
>all I could think about the entire time I'm under the bar
>knock out 2 easy reps and 3 difficult grinders

Felt good man

Would running smolov jr for bench and smolov for squat at the same time be a bad idea? Im 181 385/265/545 rn

Sounds like a great idea. Blog your experience.

If fasting is so good why don't pro weightlifters do it for a cut so they can get back to bulking faster ?

also run smolov for dl trust me it can be done just eat alot

>fasting is good
said no pro athlete ever

Plenty of pro athletes on here have said this exact thing

How strong do I need to get before making powerlifting friends?

Attached: BF8A5014-B165-4166-BB33-277A0C2C75F3.jpg (236x214, 10K)

Apparently klolov did a 24hr fast weekly

*on anabolics

>pro athletes
>on here

LOL

Dont be niggers

Dont baby him.

I'm imagining that you did that with 205lbs

225lbs but I'm 160lbs

None cares Joe much you weight manlet

Sorry had a stroke. *No one cares how much you weigh

how do I learn to squat

Bend your knees lmao

box squats

Goblet squat 50 reps per session in as few sets as possible until you can do 50 reps of .5 bw.

i hear this so often I legit don't know if it's just another stupid meme or actual advice. can I get a source on any credible real person saying this?

t-nation.com/training/goblet-squats-101

you cant really fuck up the following

box squats
belt squats
hatfield squats
goblet squats

all 4 allow for proper positioning of the lower body, with the box squat being most similar to a free squat, only with a consistent depth marker

I said credible.
feels like the pick here depends on what my issue is? form doesn't look horrible, but i don't feel like I have the same power like in a bench press or deadlift, where as long as I hold everything together I just extend whatever is flexed as hard as possible.

Thoughts on buying used lifting shoes?

>I said credible
Dan John is credible, fag.

why would they do that

Box squats then, moving on to paused squats when you no longer need the box

Is it better do just replace normal squatting with box squats until further notice, or to use them as assistance?

Seconded.

I've never actually done them myself, but of the four things listed here they're they only thing that involve a straight bar on your back, requiring you to stay tight throughout the entire torso and upper back (which is probably the guy's main problem in the first place). And will therefore have the best technical carryover to actual squats.

The ability to set a box that signals depth by touching it at the bottom is also useful for those that have problems knowing when they're deep enough.

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: IMG_20180225_011712.jpg (442x439, 29K)

I am that faggot. Why do you think it's upper back?

Well he said pro athletes
Dont tell me you think any pro athlete is natty now pls

You wanted to learn how to squat, i told you

Everyone in here has a weak upper back, no one trains it enough

Yes. thanks. It would help me even more if I could get some advice regarding the practical implementations of your advice.

Will strong upper back help be stay tight on bench?

Can you sit on the toilet and stand up when youre done?

Theres your practical application

Are you taking the piss?

The upper back can never be strong enough for the sport of powerlifting

Implementation, not application. I can already do that but still have the squat issues described previously. Knowing what I can do to help them is great, but what I meant to ask is how I could or should use your advice considering the training I'm already doing; if the box squats or whichever movement I choose should replace or take priority overt the normal squat training or if you believe it's better to use the excercise as an assistance movement in addition to normal squat training.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, English is not my first language.

Thoughts on the trapezoids?

Sorry dad. So what should I do? Would facepulls every session be enough? (5x a week. That's on top of the days I do rowing and pull-ups etc.

In this context, I'm not necessarily saying you need to be training upper back muscles more (though I doubt it would hurt). I mean you'll get more benefit from some squat variation that still has you pulling your scapula together really tightly and making a rock solid shelf for the bar. So that when you "just extend whatever is flexed as hard as possible," the force is actually transferred into the bar instead of squishing out of your back and possibly costing you balance.

>sport

Facepulls are a shoulder movement

Id be doing a vertical or horizontal pull for at least 50 reps every session, or a mix of both, do blocks of light and strict and heavy and not so strict

If you cant squat then replace all squatting with box squats until you learn

>but I'm 160lbs
Seek help.

Attached: alex.png (2342x1200, 1.7M)

I'm going to start running this in addition to still benching 3x a week and some dumbbell press/bench.

Attached: Screenshot_20181106-104540.png (1080x1920, 333K)

>6 rep curls
Confirmed autism. Cable curls are superior, trust me. They force you to keep elbows tucked, do them with a fat grip or thumb in the same side as your other fingers for even better bicep focus.

For triceps try Strickland pushdowns, by far my favourite tricep accessory (not counting bench variations).

front squats give you a strong upperback erectors

look at wlers they never round their thoracic

>he thinks the miniscule difference in curl or ext variation matters
lmaoing @ ur life

lots of pointless overthinking for just doing more curls and extensions lmao

t. Shitter with 16" fatceps

youtu.be/WdGP120e4B0
Is this only thing avaible about emerging?

At least he has something he can stick to rather than "just curl more" (because we know how that ended up for him)

>DB Preacher curls
>mfw

Though I'd break all that shit up over more than two days.

Attached: Smiling Nod.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

>tfw supposed to do dips today
>tfw i just did more jm presses

Oh well.

>hit 285 on bench today
Feels good lads, been stuck at 265 forever

Attached: 1541186531595.jpg (680x613, 135K)

There's a new guy at my gym who is stronger than me. Hate him and his chad aura. I bet he is roiding.

Board death is goat -
>more benching
>works as secondary press
>works as tricep work
>good volume in a tiny amount of time
>easier to progress than single joint movements
>can go much heavier
>only need one set

Was BLOPS2 the best Post-CoD4 CoD?

>i failed 3pl8 squat yesterday
>tfw when some dyel saw it
>tfw he came up to me and said "just do weights you can handle or you'll break"
i haven't had a fag give me """""advice""""""" in 6 months i feel terrible

Do you use your standard comp grip, or do you go closer?

>some dyel saw it
You probably shouldn't squat in front of a mirror, it can make you look and mess up your form

I wish I lived in close proximity to a powerlifting gym so I could do this desu.

I had like 500 hours on BLOPS2, loved that game. Although I just had loads of free time that year and plenty of mates to play league with. The game was really balanced though, and had some great maps.

>can't squat 3 plates
>calls other people dyel

Attached: 1541084849814.jpg (956x1280, 204K)

how do you guys feel with fact that gbro is not a fan of mike t but rts clients strength shit all over his gym
remember when he claimed that his dude gonna be first to squat 400kg?
GUESS WHAT MIKE T HAD OTHER IDEA WITH HIS IPF BRITISH CHILD

Not the guy you're replying to but I squat under 3pl8 but bench 3pl8.

What kind of programming I should do when I'm somewhere between intermediate and advanced

Yes. I liked mw2 but everything else sucked

Kys my man

no u

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

Attached: Screenshot_20181103150323_Video_Player.jpg (400x322, 64K)

Intermediate programming with progression every 6-12 weeks.

nothing special just go lift

oh man
>doing pin squats with 2pl8 to show a fren
>random dyel pt walks by
>"bro that's not how you do a squat"
>smile and nod, fuck off cunt
>his face when i did 4 doubles with 5pl8 later
eat shit

I just got to know that Konstantīns Konstantinovs has died recently at the age of 40.

I'm devastated guys.

at least it's aptly named, kek

My standard grip is thumbs from smooth so its close enough, if you bench wide then go closer

>need a PL gym to make or buy a 3board

Luke was like the 4th or 5th brit to squat 400?

Also ive never really given an opinion on mike t, never really looked into anything hes said or done.

mike T is the lord and saviour of natty PL

I need a PL gym so I could have someone to hold the fucking board and spot me you giant retard. I don't know anyone else that lifts around here.

mike t front squats your raw

>Luke was like the 4th or 5th brit to squat 400?
he did it in sleeves tho

I am aware, but afaik he was the only person trying to break 400 in sleeves so what point are you trying to make?

Luke has the most impressive total and lifts of anyone in the UK, ive never said anything else.

Good for him, ive never insulted him?

I asked a random person in the gym to spot me with a 5 plate bench yday, if youre training in a gym and not at your home then you have no excuse. If you are at a gym and you cant ask a stranger a simple question, of the two of us, am i the giant retard?

>he was the only person trying to break 400 in sleeves so what point are you trying to make?
the only person who was able to do it without wraps in the UK lmao

you are jumping on pepole doing RPE stuff here so you are basicaly jumping on Mike T

Home gym. And the one gym around here is empty half the time, so I can't exactly structure my training around the off chance of maybe getting a spot. Yeah, you're the giant retard. Stop assuming shit.

i disagree

you sound like those retards who think rpe is exclusive to mike t, its just a standard way to rate difficulty when will you retards get it its nothing special

Im not sure what your angle is? Ive got nothing but praise and admiration for the guy

Im not against the principle of rpe per say. Beginners and early intermediates training alone, which comprises a large percentage of plg, generally dont posess the awareness to accurately and honestly judge rpe or have eyes on to judge it for them. As previously stated, i have very little knowledge on what mike t has done other than his impressive lifts

this is the reason i cant take you powerlifting faggots seriously. how do you see embarassing images like that and think "lets start the thread with this image, so everyone can know that we are cringy tryhard faggots". you remind me of the past when 12 year old kids wanted to be "hackers" and posted anonymous images everywhere

But rpe is based on bar speed and almost everyone here has the ability to whip out their phone and record a set

Then say that in the first place instead of looking for reasons to be agressive. You wished for a PL gym, not a gym in general, was a fairly vague post

tried a qr belt today, its good but how the fuck do you equip it jesus christ

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 9K)

It's ironic and clearly shopped you autist

12 world records set by his clients, almost everyweight class has RTS guys on podium, other guys doing RPE programming are either coached by him (Barbell Medicine - Jordan, 500 wilks and not fatty, Austin 488 wilks not fatty, Calagary Barbell - Bryce Krawczyk, Strength Shed - Luke and the other strongest guy, etc.) or admit to learn from him (TSA - Bryce Lewis).

>I asked a random person in the gym to spot me with a 5 plate bench yday,

Don't you lift in something of a powerlifting gym that is filled with powerlifters and the like?

Finding someone who will LEAVE THE FUCKING BAR ALONE, but then actually GET IT if the rep fails is nearly impossible in the average tard hatch gym. They either actively help you with reps you were doing just fine with, like an assclown, or barely touch the bar with their index fingers while hollering "IT'S ALL YOU BRO" even after you've clearly failed the rep, like somehow even larger assclowns.