High protein, low cost food

Okay Jow Forums. My grocery bill is higher than I like, but I need dat protein. What are some good options or recipes you guys have? Also food, diet, and recipe general discussion thread.

Attached: 16beans.jpg (1600x1298, 224K)

fruits, roots, meats is a good start when you don't know what to eat

my diet looks like this atm
>oatmeal with greek yogurt and peanutbutter
>Chicken breast and brown rice
>pork
>a fuck ton of vegetables, most raw
>hard boiled eggs
>beans
Working on getting a deer for some lean red meat too. Beans are new to me, what are the best beans for gains?

Unironically tofu. It's cheap, healthy and versitile complete protein.
>inb4 estrogen
Been debunked multiple times

What exactly does one do with tofu?

Good for bulking perhaps.
Fry it in oil if you want actual flavor out of it, or cook ir with other flavorful foods

textured vegetable protein

imo it's poison but this is the cheapest protein on the planet (it's the waste product after extracting basedbean oil)

Attached: TVP.jpg (259x194, 10K)

What makes it poison? The men in my family tend to die before old age, I'm trying to break that streak.

Don't buy into this kikery

eggs

Go back to Jow Forums

Red split lentils, buy in bulk from immigrant stores. Essentially you just boil them for 20 minutes or so and stir hard towards the end. You end up with something similar to oatmeal. Then you add whatever seasoning you want, and that's what it'll end up tasting like.

I recommend garlic + lemon or pepper + cumin. Broccoli added directly into it works great too. Boiled eggs and rice in a spicy lentil stew is amazing and easy to make.

Read some labels
Buying dry bulk is way cheaper, but time intensive. Crockpot and weekly prep helps

L E N T I L S
E
N
T
I
L
S

Make me, faggot.
Jokes on you, never even visited the board.

Thank you for actually posting something with some substance user.

In my country chiken liver is practically free because no one buys it (and you can cook pretty much anything with it, you can grind it and put it in bread as butter or use it as condiment or eat it cooked, more iron and shieeet)

O A T S
A
T
S

Attached: oat-milk-oatly.jpg (2405x1603, 627K)

I'm eating oatmeal. What the fuck else does one do with oats?

You can use them as muesli in yoghurt or whatever

Eat them like cereal, with cinnamon

I like this way of preparing red split lentils as it is the easiest. Sometimes I drain lightly boiled (but soft!) lentils and add them to a bowl toghether with finely chopped onion, garlic; mabye some red thai curry paste, fresh coriander, spring onion and fish sause if in mood for something asian. You could also use quinoa for a fuller protein, but they are more expensive than lentils.

Add the spices you desire together with some spoons of flour (chickpea flour is higher in protein), a splash of oil, and and egg or two to help it all bind.

Let it cool down for atleast half an hour and fire up a pan with oil. Form the dough to balls with your hands and place them with some distance from eachother in the pan. Fry on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, then flip them.

Serving them together with noodles and satay sauce is really nice. Also in a wrap with salad/pak choy, carrots, kale, etc.

Attached: quinoa.jpg (640x550, 133K)

Fuck I'm going to try this, thanks. What is your fish sauce?

this

I use a high qualite one from an asian store. Ask them for advice.

Fry it in olive oil until all sides are crispy brown, add some onions sauce and whatever spices you like and voila. It is my main meat substitute since im a vegetarian and it has a great amount of protein. Eat no more than a cup a day if you are that slooked on estrogen in onions.

not him but if you've never visited pol and aren't baiting in your previous posts i got bad news for you