Do you think it takes at least a bit of masochism to enjoy lifting as a hobby?

Do you think it takes at least a bit of masochism to enjoy lifting as a hobby?
You're essentially damaging yourself over and over for fun.

Attached: tumblr_ohs8nlCRGl1rh7drbo1_1280.jpg (1012x1433, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=98RdRDaOsNg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe,
I do have masochistic tendencies so you may be onto something.

I think it takes a little bit of masochism to enjoy doing anything which builds you up.

I never thought of it that way. I just like lifting bigger weights every time I step back into the gym.

Considering I lift purely to prove my superiority to others, no

Ive been thinking about that but I think I get more of a drive from getting angry at the pain and while lifting than liking the pain.
I like to imagine myself as the Doom guy and every rep is another demon killed, and I just have to keep killing and killing.

Attached: Doomguy_2016.jpg (800x800, 185K)

Thats retarded lifting feels good. You only hurt yourself if you fuck up.

Nobody cares that you workout. Nobody likes you more for being 'mentally tough' and going to the gym. All that matters is your physique. It's wii fit and zumba, boys.

"Best Hustle" trophies don't exist in adulthood

no, but I think you have to be a little gay/androphilliac , or at the very least meta attracted to enjoy lifting.

No I pretty much hate it. This isn't fun for me I do it because I need it to stay healthy

quit over-sexualizing things. Pain makes you feel alive, and reminds you what you're working towards.

3DPD
2d is best

Yes, i enjoy pain. Feeling sore and tired after a hard workout is all I want in life.

>fun

Mother fucker I don't do this for fun I do it to look good and for work (military and LE)

Attached: 45015692_2033315696725524_3766578373178949632_n.jpg (480x360, 14K)

>to enjoy lifting as a hobby
Obviously people have different reasons for lifting. OP is specifically asking if it takes a masochist to enjoy it, not persist with it out of necessity.
On-topic I don't think it's a coincidence that it seems a lot of dudes who are into masochism are pretty well-built. If lifting doesn't attract a masochist mindset I believe it can at least make some people develop one, as muscle gain is a reward system pretty much based on how harshly you "punish" yourself with the pain of exercise and how often you do it.

Attached: 1537033811137.png (540x512, 143K)

I feel nothing in life

I lift
I race
to feel the pain

with the soreness comes some kind of satisfaction, like I've achieved something.

Attached: 1527619397544.jpg (500x500, 187K)

>Cute Jow Forums artificial knee gf

Attached: tmp_18270-150124115315063296640.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Driving out of the bottom of a hard squat does feel pretty amazing

I kind of do the same but with pic related.

The Lower Norfair theme from Super Metroid is great lifting music.

youtube.com/watch?v=98RdRDaOsNg

Attached: BEBAhnp-super-metroid-wallpaper.jpg (1680x1050, 316K)

>You're essentially damaging yourself over and over for fun.

Since that sentence also applies to my work and social life you`re probably right.

Attached: You_477fa6_6544172.jpg (361x350, 43K)

But all positive development occurs though that process of destruction and regeneration, or the “stress-recovery cycle” as Rippetoe puts it.
To learn anything new is to remove false beliefs. Surgery requires cutting. Moral development is acquired through discipline and denial of temptations.
I wouldn’t call it masochistic because the pleasure isn’t in the pain itself. If you could remove the gain and would still choose the pain, then it would be masochism.
But I doubt many of us would lift heavy if we were promised that we would stay exactly the same.
Also nice Erin picture.

Attached: Rip in his normal state.jpg (800x458, 185K)

This
Can't believe so many anons skipped over this post, but there have been more genuine fags on the board than usual of late