"We all know how this ends. When the organism dies, as signaled by the cessation of the heartbeat and respiration...

"We all know how this ends. When the organism dies, as signaled by the cessation of the heartbeat and respiration, not all body cells die simultaneously. The cells’ mitochondria swell, disabled proteins are not replaced, cell membranes start to leak. Macrophages and other phagocytes, which are not wholly dependent on the bloodstream for nutrients, last slightly longer and perhaps enjoy a brief orgy as they rush around devouring damaged cells, but they, too, soon succumb to the lack of oxygen from circulating blood. Bacteria from the gut find their way through leaky membranes to the rest of the body and begin the process of putrefaction.

The muscles, once so carefully sculpted and toned, stiffen when calcium from the dead body leaks into them, causing rigor mortis, then loosen when decomposition sets in. The organs we nurtured with supplements and superfoods abandon their appointed functions. The brain we have tamed with mindfulness exercises liquefies within minutes after the heart stops beating — according to the report of a forensic anthropologist, “It just pours out the ears and bubbles out the mouth.” So much, then, for the hours — and years — you have devoted to fitness."

Attached: 4545454545.png (511x460, 323K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Ehrenreich
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A thread died for this

>You will die some day, so it is pointless to do anything
Sounds like fatty logic to me

Attached: gear.jpg (534x800, 39K)

Thanks but I rather spend my life looking good, feeling good and being strong then being a fat blob.

nice rebutal

>guys you will die one day!
thanks captain obvious, and this is exactly why any given self respecting man must strive to be the best version of himself, in other words, not an emasculated basedboy that believes this bullshit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Ehrenreich

This is the owner of those quotes by the way. Looks straight out of an A. Wyatt Mann comic.

Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one. Do every act of your life as if it were your last. It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.

Marcus Aurelius

Fatass cope.

Attached: EC0FDB0D-3500-4BCE-9F51-3E4B6ECCA745.png (768x768, 554K)

Who is responsible?
>I owe you a beer.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-07-02-54-00-Kek.png (480x800, 155K)

I'm confused, do gou agree with OP's statement or not?

because stoicism is used by both sides

>Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.
What if you're wrong about what a good man should be and you end up being a bad man? It probably could have been corrected if you argued with somebody with a different opinion that happened to be more right than yours.

OP is like "I could become a better man than i am now but what is the point since one day I will cease to be that man."
You will get old and die one day sure. But that doesn't mean give up on your dreams, nor is it an excuse to neglect the duty to harness your potential.

It's true though. Depressing nihilism is for the weak-willed man to cope with how useless he is in real society by saying "hey, nothing in life matters anyway because we're all gonna die."

Seriously, if nothing matters in the end then you can at least have fun for the sake of feeling good until the day you die. If any aspect of lifting makes you feel good, you lift. If not, do whatever it is that makes you feel good. It's as simple as that, but I doubt OP's fatty-cope philosophy will let him see through his crippling delusion that everyone else is at his level of pathetic just because we're all bound by the rules of mortality.

Being a good man is a jewish construct, come on goy be good br obedient

Hurr Durr "low effort, blame it on the outsider, morality is subjective." go back to
>>Jow Forums

>babby's first existential crisis

Cute. You're 26 or younger aren't you?

>(sic)

might as well just kill yourself now, get it over with.

>not getting all your existential crises out by 20
lmao brainlet

>waahhhh I’m gonna die one day I’m so sad :’(
You faggots are everywhere and always pathetic. If it’s all gonna end one day and you’ll stop existing, why the fuck would you waste it crying about it? There’s so much to do out there in the world, so much to see, so much to do, but noooo you just gotta be a pussy and do nothing because muh nihilism. Unlike you literal waste of life, people like us are actually doing something with our lives, perusing goals before we eventually tip the bucket because we have the power to do it. Actually, people like me don’t have much power, but damnit I’m trying. That’s why I’m here: I’m trying to make something out of myself. What the fuck do you have to show for it? Some pseudo-intellectual blogpost? Yeah, I thought so

Attached: C70B29B8-604D-499D-AC22-8970D1B2B5C0.jpg (855x1024, 81K)

>Be mortal
>Might as well be a degenerate

Want to know how I can tell you don't lift?

Attached: 1515390398229.jpg (640x629, 312K)

Nihilists are so fucking stupid.

fuck off, depressive nihilist. you're giving the entire philosophy a bad name.
life is an adventure of learning and discovery. what's the point? there is none. but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try or do anything. Enjoy your limited time here to the fullest.

Attached: F710oMN.jpg (842x1191, 203K)

>you eventually die

might as well live life miserable as a fat piece of shit who never lived up to their potential

there is one cell of your body that might survive. your doing this to get that one cell to live on.

Oh look.
Another spineless hedonistic coward hiding their lazyness and heedless consumption and pleasure seeking behind a thin layer of nihilism.

A nihilist wouldn't give enough of a fuck about what other people are doing to even make this post or stay on this board for any amount of time.

Now go be lazy and stuff your fat face somewhere else.

Attached: 1526172291470.gif (234x159, 315K)

nihilists = subhumans

If youre going to die anyway why not just off yourself now and make it quick

Damn, who is raiding us?
not even crossboard posters are this blackpilled

Why die now when you can die tomorrow?

>not lifting to prepare for the transmigration of the soul into a divine vessel in the astral plane

I believe in the resurrection of the dead during the Final Judgement when those who served the Lord will get perfected bodies.

Attached: BE089491F38045D9AC3A4B8727755BFC.jpg (623x852, 75K)

Thanks for teaching me how rigor mortis works, I was never clear nor interested enough to google it specifically.
Sounds like that forensic anthropologist is just jealous because he's too steeped in nihilism to have a life worth living.
Yes, you die, I die, we all die, if you're gonna get this emo about it just kill yourself right now instead of wasting more time.
Oh wait, you're still too scared to do that too.
Fuck off crab, I'm out of the bucket and you're not gonna drag me back in no matter how bitter you are about it.

based

fpbp

(((Ehrenreich)))

Indeed, our bodies will die. But when the other parts of me pass into the afterlife, they'll be tempered by an iron will and made strong by a life of spectacular experiences. This will give me a leg up over you...
Assuming your consciousness doesn't just dissolve into nothingness due to your weakness.

Attached: 1446242411013.jpg (2560x1600, 290K)

So much for the hours I've spent jacking off and playing vidya
I'll spend my life how I please and it will be better than yours

Sure is a lot better use of your time than being a sorry bitch like op

>consciousness

How do you prevent your consciousness from dissolving?

Good and bad are about perspective for the most part. If path you choose, no matter how rough or opposed by others, sets your mind at ease and allows you to sleep calmly at night, then it is a good one and your life would have had purpose. Even if it isn't the objectively best one you could've taken it was still yours, made by you for you; if anything, that makes it the most desirable.

Attached: 1533911101628.jpg (500x652, 254K)