Stretching

I keep hearing contradictory advice. Do I stretch before or after working out?

Attached: 928065f43ba0075a0c09e5b7b7528ba5.jpg (683x1025, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLQefKzMVjo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

both

dynamic before static after

sweet thanks for the advice brahs. any routines you guys use?

Reverse pyramid

yes

Crazy how the sticky covers that. How about you read it for once?

crazy how both those links are dead

No one has ever said stretch cold.
Dynamic to start to warm up and increase mobility and then static st the end to improve
Blood flow.
/thread

sticky is like from 2006

stretch after your workout.
Stretching beforehand is retarded; just do whatever exercise you want to do and start with low weight and get your stretch like that.

How important is stretching? I suppose it's beneficial if you lift heavy weights but is it also the same for lighter weights?

>Stretching beforehand is retarded
Why?

it's a bad omen

Dynamic before, static after. Also static at random times during the day to keep up flexibility.

Sauce me these Ashkenazi titties

Unless we've evolved a different musculature in 12 years I don't see why that's relevant.

youtube.com/watch?v=nLQefKzMVjo

it's all changed man

fucking Jeff, is anything allowed anymore in the gym?

3:45 does he have a scroll on his gym with news about himself??

no
it isnt
that isnt what he says

face pulls

Depends on what your body needs to reach the best position for your lift. If you lack mobility do static stretches then dynamic then bar work. Transition off of that when mobility increases

Sumimasen, nani pulls?

Attached: 1533851860775.jpg (543x589, 54K)

light stretch before/after workout
deep stretch before bed

>>>
Crazy right! Turns out the human body hasn't changed much in the last 12 years.

Stretch after, you shouldn't stretch your muscles when they are cold.

Stretching increases the chance of your muscles tearing. So no it's not good for heavy weight.

Pretty sure general consensus on shit like this changes in 12 years.

daddario

Literature says to only stretch muscles iff you are lacking range in a joint asymmetrically

otherwise it puts your sarcomeres at a poor length to maximally contract and increases chance for injury

t. physio

I stretch hours before/after a workout so I remain limber without affecting my workouts negatively.
Do a bit of cardio right before your workout if you want a warmup

Is that for dynamic or static stretching?

static

dynamic stretching isn't actually stretching - tissue only elongates when held for 30-190 seconds

It doesn't matter if you have the necessary flexibility and start light (which most people don't -- that's why they need to stretch). There isn't much science to back stretching in the general case unless you're trying to do aerial hoops.

btw lemme ask you something. Whenever I squat down/stand up I feel a lot of pain in my upper thighs, where they're supposed to connect with the hips, as if they're being stretched too far. What can I do about this?

thanks doc

cant say much without examination but pay attention to your saggital pelvic rotation

too much anterior tilt or posterior tilt during squats can result in anterior hip pain and low back pain

Try to keep your hips neutral and warm up with weightless glute bridging focusing on control rather than strength, 2 sets of 30.

Also improving lower abdominal strength may help

Sideways pyramid

appreciate it doc

Don't post trannies.

talk shit about Mammario and I'll fucking kill you

So what are the benefits to stretching? If want to bench press for example, would it be better to do a few reps with just the bar or to do stretching?

There are no benefits to stretching. The dudes at Barbell Medecine also say there is no point in doing it.

Warm up and make sure you have sufficient ROM before lifting. Perform weighted stretches (eg split squats, weighted hangs off of a pull up bar, incline curls, etc) after you've hot a fair bit of blood into your muscles for optimal hypertrophy

Then why is everyone doing it?