Protein Thread

Tell me Jow Forums bros, I started taking 1 scoop of protein in the morning with eggs and bacon/wheat bread and 1 Scoop after my work out. Tell me, is it going to work? Also what are your protein intakes?

Attached: 1522604692880.png (724x724, 482K)

>1 scoop
If only he was here with us now brahs.

Attached: 5E965843-F9A2-441B-9A05-56BC46DD82B3-206-00000089314DCCEF.jpg (947x464, 43K)

I have a question about protein powder. Arnold says you should aim for 1g of protein per 1lb of your target weight, so I need about 190g of protein a day. Does that sound right? Also, what brands should I be looking at? I don't want anything too crazy. Australian if it matters.

I'm not an expert but everyone says you should go from 0.8 to 2g max. But you shouldn't get everything from the powder, just add what you lack. I take 2 scoops a day which gives me aprox 40 grams extra. I usually eat 4 eggs a day with chicken breast with gives me another 80 grams aprox. of protein. I should add more eggs to my diet though.

>5 scoops
There's a reason he's dead

5 scoops? Holy shit.

Don't take advice from roiders if you don't roid. No matter how much you respect them, they are playing the game differently than you

I take two scoops with 250 ml of whole milk after workout and that's it.

Your pic related is the exact protein I use. It's great. I do two scoops in the morning before work and another two scoops with my pre workout later on. I love it because it's low sugar, got lots of protein, and bcaas in it already. It's expensive though

4 scoops and oatmeal for breakfast, approx 50-60g proteins if you include the milk. 4 scoops after workout, and mostly chicken(or any lean meat) combined with veggies like broccoli and tomato for dinner. Might be a bit high intake, but i lift 6 days a week so i think its fine dunno

Yeah it's kinda expensive
Wow it's a lot, I lift 5 days a week, should I be taking 4 scoops a day if I wanna be cut (and for wheight loss?)

What powder are you using that 4 scoops is only 50-60? That seems low.

i dont take whey at all. im fasting some weight down and lifting. will be intrasting to see how i look with lower bf

5 scoops

small scoop size probably. 8.4g protein per 10g scoop, so 84% protein in the powder. 2.5% carbs and 1.6% fats. MYO 5-phase protein, can't find any english sites on it sadly. It highly depends on your body, just google "protein calculator" and pick one of them to calculate your recommend range of intake. Everyone builds muscles and burns fat differently

generally to stay cut, just keep working out like you do, and eat healthy food. you don't have to go all-out on any broscience diet, just avoid junkfood and try to eat lean meats and vegetables.

Is breast and thigh roughly the same? I eat two eggs in the morning along with muesli and yoghurt, lunch is a salad sandwich or two with ham and dinner is usually 2 chicken thighs with veggies and rice.
Should I look into protein powders?

>fasting
Lmao
>not lifting
Lmao

You’ll look like shit.

I tend to store fat so I need broscience
Yeah but thighs usually have more fat

just keep lifting and stop eating fatty food, dont have to fast or do anything crazy to get lower bf lmao

lern2red

skippin breakfast makes losing weight easy mode also fasting is healthy

You dont need one 1g/1lb, the real number is more like 0.7-0.8g per lb.
Get this per day even on rest days. Doesnt matter when you eat it as long ad you reach that macro range for the day

If I don't eat much per day because of my job would I be able to add more scoops to make up for it or would I just die?

No, you do. More work with trained, muscular dudes has suggested 2.2g/kg on rest days

Everyone is different, I stick around 1.5g/lb, some can even get by on 0.8g/lb, as long as less than 80g of your daily intake is proton powder, you wont have any issues. Generally stuff like pork loin and chicken will do you the most favors for thr least amount of fat. Also add it to food, not drinks, will block up your shit less in pancakes or oatmeal vs in a straight shot shake

i started taking proteine powder with an amazing expensive powder one (Whey Arkens, damn i really was in love with that one, the intake was just the best moment of the day) and really got hooked on it after i switched to the one you you got in the pic (4kg bag) and i miss the old one but for whey it's still decent and affordable.

expensive powders are a meme to bait normies

felt like drinking kids juice everytime now that i remember.

>only 5 scoops
>not 8-12
No wonder he scooped for strength

There's a deal on this stuff right now 10 lb for about $66 USD shipped

What are the best flavors, I'm trying to avoid chocolate so looking at the double rich chocolate and the vanilla ice cream.

Switching from my protein btw since their blend seems to have some onions as well as sucralose.

Chocolate malt is killer

>1 scoop

cmon

>24g protein in 1x 30g powder scoop
>he takes one scoop only
It's like you don't want to get big

I recently discovered the magic of garlic bread.
One small sized baguette (it has like 6-8 slices) has like 15g and I can basically down 2 of them before feeling remotely full.

It's fucking crazy tasty too who doesn't fucking love garlic bread

Unless youre lifting daily idk why you'd need all those carbs on top of the rest of your meals

gotta eat big to get big
atleast 4k calorie a day
cmon

I realize but unless you want to be fat or are already nearly 230lbs at 10%bf or doing the whole lifting daily thing I couldnt see how those carbs would pay out for growth

im 7% body fat 133 lbs skelly riding dirty bulking train until im 10%

In that case, I guess go ahead, just make sure youre havin enough protons n fats too, you'll put on shitty fats if its just refined carbs makingnup the majority of your diet

Halp!

My stash of protein powder all have s0ibean or Flax products!

Obviously I don't have a gf to give them to.

Two scoops in a shake with creatine after workout. The rest from lean meats throughout the day. Pick your God on how much protein you should be getting.

>not getting enough protons in your diet
Never gonna make it

Attached: 1540139634596.jpg (125x125, 2K)

>4k
Hows the cut going?

its just to help you hit your protein goals.

if you're hitting your goals with 1-2 scoops then yes it will work if you're putting in the work.

Whey definitely works, but you need to 1.8 grams of protein for each kilogram of bodyweight for optimal gains.

What the fuck do you mean "work"
Its fucking protein you retard, not test

Attached: 1539378528860.jpg (1920x1080, 108K)