Oly lifting beginner's program

Hi. Long time lurker, second time posting here. ¿Does anybody know a good beginner's program to Oly? Being doing SS for a while and wanting to change. Not thinking in competing but in improving my power. Thanks.

Attached: dmitry-klokov-barbell.jpg (600x399, 46K)

Get a coach. No one program fits all lifters. I would say just start practicing snatch and c&j. Record yourself and critic it against some hookgrip videos of professional lifters around your height.

Thanks. I'm learning the snatch and clean with an PE but that's not programming.

oly is for homos

You're in fit, we ARE homos

Join a club.

And be serious about wanting to do oly lifitng because it's a very unrewarding sport that you got to have a passion for.

Attached: Kakhi Kakhiashvili1.jpg (465x600, 89K)

I do it as a tool to improve myself cos I'm a martial artist, in don't want to compete

front squat/high bar back squat a lot

how did he make the barbell float

Attached: fugg.png (399x238, 102K)

Then do something else, look up weight training programs for your actual sport.

>2018
>he still doesn't implement jedi training into his program

Attached: improved.jpg (501x689, 45K)

with his fingers dumbass

Attached: 1489703089297.jpg (125x112, 2K)

¿De donde eres?

it's not floating, he's holding it with his dick

Chile. Is my English that bad?

no. you used

>¿

only spanish uses that retarded symbol

Not really worth it as assistance imo but if you relly want to do it stick to powerversions of the classic lifts and maybe look into plyometrics and such.

Attached: arafura_jump.jpg (604x426, 44K)

just snatch and c&j and squat in that order for 5x5 with good technique and weights that make you feel liek you got 3 more reps in you

Attached: eyebrow.gif (600x420, 323K)

Thanks, this will do it for me.

Oreos have two cookies bro

that fucking pic

Attached: heston.gif (290x189, 1.04M)

If you are a martial artist oly lifts are fucking great, but just take a bit to learn. They are fun, but expect some difficulty at the start. Do kettlebell stuff to start out with, it'll help. Everyone IMO should eventually learn them at some point.

>Get a coach
Stop saying this. You fuckers need to stop saying this to every single casual beginner who wants to get into oly.
OP you can get plenty good without shilling out $100 per week on private coaching. Do it if you want but youtube tutorials, careful examination of your lifts and online form checks will take you very far

This. Personal trainers are memes. Check out "Olympic Weightlifting for Athletes", and YouTube everything.

Im not a weight lifter, I compete in strongman at an amateur level. But I have been using a squatting program that is made for weightlifters. Its called Hatch squat routine and its basically squatting twice a week, doing both front and back squats. It was developed by an olympic weightlifter and is a pretty famous program. It suits my training and I made good gains in the squat on this program wich also carried över a lot to my deadlift, atlas stone as well as the pickups of farmers walks. But for clean and jerk youll have to get advice from someone else.

Good reply, will look that program up. I was thinking of getting into strongman, and I've been incorporating some heavy dumbell farmerswalks and some zercher stuff (for front load like atlas stones and such) any other tips for beginner?

llo

Hey you!

Thanks, im going to search some videos

Well the most important implements are probably farmers walks, yoke, stones, log, axle, tractor tire. Make sure you get to touch these implements and get a knowhow in how they are used. Then you can get back to gymlifts for a lot of these things. Make sure you practice cleaning and not just pressing from racks. Farmers walks are something that you gotta keep in touch in to not fall behind in the grip strenght. Otherwise I think yoke is as good or even better as a walking implement since you can handle more weight. Get a proper farmers handles, there arent dumbells heavy enough for that purpose.

strongman is a comedy show and not worth to be called a sport, if you aren't a clown then theres no reason to do it

greyskull LP

So why is it not a sport?

nothing athletic about it, and moving heavy objects very slowly over small distances is already existing in powerlifting

So why is chess or bodybuilding a sport

Yeah sprinting while carrying a 100kg stone is totally comparable to a 6cm bench rom
retard