Daily reminder that if you use the smith machine you're never gonna make it

daily reminder that if you use the smith machine you're never gonna make it

Attached: 1396812954928.jpg (2448x3264, 1.44M)

The only thing a smith machine is good for are calf raisers with a step up platform

Daily reminder that if you know of 4chans existence it's over for you, you will never make it. You think Chad knows this shit exists? lmao, have fun with your life of never ending self improvement, you'll be so sad when you realize you've been doing it through your entire 20s,30s, and 40s, and before know it you're a middle age man and nobody gives a fuck about whether you make it or not anymore.

Fucking RIP'A'FUCKING'ROONIE

Attached: 9529300523.jpg (225x225, 7K)

And shrugs

>2018
>not doing batman squads

Not making it.

I use the smith machine to squat because all of the squat racks are always taken at my gym. I would rather squat in the smith machine than wait in line every time I want to train my fucking legs.

There are plenty of legit reasons to use a smith machine but it is not a substitute for free weights

Why would you not do those with a free barbell?

It's the opposite in my gym. Smith machine is always taken, the squat rack is almost always free. In the half year I've been living here I've only seen the squat rack occupied twice. Both times the guys were total bros and I still chat with them when I see them.

Without using a ledge like on a step-up platform you dont get full range of motion, and there is absolutely no way I'm loading 275 on a barbell and balancing on a ledge

Shrugs are way more stable, I'd just load a barbell up for those

>there is absolutely no way I'm loading 275 on a barbell and balancing on a ledge
Not gonna make it.

Fuark youre right, I'll start with 3 pl8 bosu ball squats and work up from there

Naww Smith machine is good for beginners + rehabilitation.

I tore the fuck out of my gluteus medius squating awhile back and the Smith machine helped me get my form + strength back for free form squats.

Is no one going to point out the white pussboy that is literally using a fucking floormat because he most likely finds the weight of 30kg to be too much?

I'm not saying it's superior to free weight barbell but it is one of those exercises that a smith machine was designed for namely small movement exercises. I kind of view it as the assisted pullup version of the barbell shrug.

Work those stabilizers, brah. To make sure you don't actually fall over you could attach a rope to the ceiling and knot it around your midsection or neck for safety.

Meh my first year lifting I used an apartment gym that only had smith machine for squats and bench, when I moved to a proper gym I just deloaded a bit and soon surpassed my smith machine PBs. nbd

I was thinking I could stick a grounded pole up my ass to help stabilize, but I may as well do the rope while im at it

Which Crunch gym is this? I know those floormats. I know that mirror message.

And shrugs behind the back.

I'd guess some where in canada
>that french sign in the top left

idk its a really old pic i had saved probably from 2014 or so

I use them for calf raises sometimes

Enough

Attached: 1540768871468.jpg (200x143, 9K)

Attached: smith machine.png (1148x1337, 207K)

no

SHUT UP!!

Attached: 8449231f500b1604118ca0587bdeab1c.jpg (540x545, 26K)

The only gym near me is fucking Planet Shitness. It's 10 bucks a month and all they have are cables, dumbbells, and Smith machines. Here's hoping I can find a better gym when I move for grad school.

What even are smith machines designed for?
Power cages almost certainly existed before them and are way more useful for everything

Close grip bench for tricep isolation.

>leg day
>squat heavy in power rack, hit new PR
>Deadlift heavy with hex bar, new PR
>do some light calf raise supersets with the smith machine
>proceed to not make it
Wish I saw this thread sooner

Attached: monkas.png (1200x675, 211K)

Shut the hell your fucking mouth and delete this right now

>hex bar
lmao

Insecure faggots too scared to use a big bar.

People recovering from injury and needing to squat in antigravity chamber.