YOGA EVERY DAY

Yoga every day till the end of the month! Its been three days for me and already seeing massive flexibility and optimism gains, as well as quickly able to progress in poses I thought were impossible.
Working with a book the sivinanda companion to yoga book and getting fine pointers from youtube. You do it however you can.
Yoga Month!
Who's with me?

Attached: Side-Lunge-Pose.jpg (1254x836, 394K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rawjeff.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/sivananda-companion-to-yoga_partial.pdf
ashtangayoga.info/practice/downloads/cheat-sheets-pdf/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah sure why not

Attached: nude-yoga-teacher.jpg (1010x689, 44K)

I stretch everyday but i dont do that fancy stuff. mostly what the bjj coach taught. does that count?

give yoga a shot. Its like compound lifts for stretching. It rounds out the corners and evens things out. Theres also a mild strength building aspect to many of the postures.

Me. Can you recommend a good resource or routine to follow?

rawjeff.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/sivananda-companion-to-yoga_partial.pdf

This is the meat of the book im working from. Start here. Its a great sequence.

Does yoga increase height?

It could via posture improvement and lengthening the spine. Will at least make you look taller by the way you stand.

It does, I've been doing ashtanga for 5 years now and I grew about 1 inch

I've been doing ashtanga for 5 years and while I'm fit I want to be big, best I can do due my skinny appearance is get "athletic" any advice?

Did yoga for a bit, it was really good
I should go back to it

jej

Yes. Eat more. Work out harder - less reps to failure.

Yoga is gay. Lol what you want to be more flexible so your bf can pound you in more ways? Faggot

O no. I am scared of being like that. I better not yoga anymore or anything.

Yoga is nice. I did bikram for a month a while ago and saw good gains but not beyond the level of a stretching routine for those same 90 minutes 2-3 times a week. I do sun salutations pretty often, also nice, as well as certain yoga poses that are good or unique stretch/mobility.

But it's kind of like lifting having certain better set/rep schemes and exercises here:
Peak flexibility gains come from a hold at least 15 seconds. And optimum I think is 3x30 seconds each stretch beyond which is very diminishing returns.
Mobility it seems things like crawls, weighted dynamic stretch versions and more dynamic or involved gross movements are more efficient than moving between yoga poses.
Balance yoga is pretty good, so is dancing, martial arts and even just regular stretching and mobility.
Beyond this (though OP's link resource isn't guilty of this) a lot of classes/tutorials seem to want to be an all-in-one with putting extra emphasis on getting exercise in rather than focusing on flexibility etc. and helping recovery from lifting.

I'd like to find a class that takes some of this on board, but the market is flooded with pumped out certificate yoga instructors.
And it seems like it's not enough time in poses and moving between too many too quickly, or yin yoga with spending more time than is efficient in each pose.
Any suggestions? I might try that book you posted since doing it on your own you can do the right time on each or choose extra for things that need more work.

Agree completely. Def do the book I posted. Youtube has a fair number of excellent instructors for details on postures you dont understand - mixed in with the cardio bunny types. Thats what im doing. For me, its nice to do it at home so I dont care so much about classes. Maybe eventually just for social stuff. I use it to supplement my normal workout. It makes me feel healthier and more engaged with the world than some of the other things I do. The sivananda style just fucking works for me.

enjoy your hip dysplasia and 5" vertical jump from having zero fascial tension

I'm with you! This is pretty cool honestly

Citation needed.
Performance in the internal kung fu stuff I do indicates perfectly fine fascial tension

Fuck yeah!

Is there a good YouTube channel that has different routine videos? I like a class model but don’t have time or money to do that daily.

Yoga With Adrienne, or Ashtanga primary series if you want something more physical.

ashtangayoga.info/practice/downloads/cheat-sheets-pdf/

Jujimufu has some pretty good videos on the subject.
I recomment watching the "where I got strong" video
Some 5 min into it he explains what routine he did to get his splits
I have been doing the same for some weeks now and to my suprise I got a pretty good result so far
I can fit it easly into my day as well since I juat get up a little earlier, it really helps with waking up fresh

Attached: what are you doing anon.jpg (1384x836, 185K)

Thanks

Where yoga helps the most is not flexibility, it is the breathing exercises. Those help to withstand the pressure under side control and such.
Then they helps to lower the heartbeat rate and the blood pressure so you can go to sleep sooner after evening training and not wake up within 2 hours of sleep.
This is where yoga helps the most.
Flexibility is just a by product of mastering your breathing while withstanding unpleasant postures.
Pic related.
She should be fire in bed and should learn an unpassable rubber guard fast.

Attached: 2013_10_21_23_01_10_yogitoes123_sur_Instagram.jpg (674x607, 105K)

Thank you for inviting me to join you for this month!

I'm a fatfuck but I hope i can keep up.

do ROTK/ROP kettlebells instead, no need to waste time on stretching/yoga.

do your best, user. Consistency is better than intensity.

there is some truth to this.

>he wants to be crippled by lack of mobility and muscle damage past 50
Kek

Tbh Yoga with Adriennes 30 day yoga has been great so far for me. I'm trying to do each video twice, once when I wake up and once before bed. I'm at day 12 and I feel so much better, I've had pretty bad mobility at my hips for ages because of weird posture from playing a bunch of instruments and being very tall.

i've been to yoga 3 times and i'm always stronger and more efficient in the gym on the big lifts.

i go to a studio that is very hands on and the instructors do a lot of adjustments to get you into the poses. very useful for a beginner.

Im thinking it does something similar to Pavel Tsatsouline's greasing the groove, but in a more general way.

imagine the smelle

Bruh look at those knobby knees. Imagine the knobs on those old knobbers haha

Any specific breathing exercises for better sleep?

Had a friend of mine say that in 3 months she grew an inch.

I've done yoga for many years. Shivananda or the book Light on Yoga is what i recommend to people. Aim for 15 minute headstand and 10 minute shoulderstand, and practice first thing in the morning after a shit to really understand the physical benefits of yoga.
yoga nidra

I'm just about to start my daily 20 minutes. I use the Down Dog app, I really like it. It generates a new progression through poses every time, with video and vocal explanations.

Thanks

>hippie doesn't know the difference between a column and a row
hard to take this shit seriously so far

there's also something called restoration yoga which i heard is nap time for adults. there's definitely breathing techniques in it but i dont know the specifics

mahnogga.jpig

in my yoga class there's sometimes a part where the qt instructor does a literal humping motion after doing all kinds of hip stretches and when i try to copy and follow along i spill my spaghetti everywhere

what do i do brahs?