/fast/ #327 I Believed Everything They Said Edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>Can I fast if I have ___?
See your doctor before fasting if you:
>Have any sort of chronic illness
>Have gout
Don’t fast if you:
>Have type 1 diabetes
>Are malnourished/severely underweight
>Are pregnant
>Are breastfeeding

>How do I safely do an extended fast?
Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max
>Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day.
The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (8-10%).

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes, headass.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1541087775787.jpg (724x800, 322K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refeeding_syndrome
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&t=
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/,
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anorexia general

>Anorexia general
Actually most anorexics don't fast. They eat very small amounts and torture themselves. You will find no regular poster in this thread who is sub 9% bodyfat.

google hamtarochan and her threads on lolcow for a lesson in anorexic 4chaning

kiwi farms i mean

Has any regular poster in /fast/ fasted down to abs and posted pics

today is the start of my 20 days fast
began my journey in january with 113 kg
and lost most of it trough calorie restriction
and cardio.

CW 98 kg

hope to get down to 90

beside water i drink different teas like
peppermint, chamonille, green&black tea.

we all gonna make it guys.

Attached: 1512557431066.jpg (400x400, 19K)

lol no

Day 4/82 hours fast.
I'm starting to feel weak and I have light symtomps of low glucose, like cold sweating.
I was the guy taking metformin. However, I havent take it since sunday.
This also could be caused by the fact that I'm not drinking coffee and I'm sleeping less than 8 hours.
Should I crank the salt? Should I try to sleep more?
If the symtomps persists I'll do a keto friendly refeed, but I really want to reach the 120 hours

What exactly is starvation mode?

I'm 6'5" at 195 and want to trim the last bit of stubborn lower belly fat. Anyone have experience taking yohimbe while on an extended water fast?

Attached: file_0.png (841x599, 392K)

No. It's mostly obese people who are trying to reach normal bmi. And these are the kind of people that suggest fasting for cutting.

you're never gonna make it

Outside of certain metabolic adaptations to extreme low fat levels, the thing know as starvation mode is a meme promoted by boomers, people who like eat and mainstream nutritionists

If you are gonna take yohimbine or whatever sarm or fat burning compound, you do not need to fast. If anything it would be more dangerous

Day 1 of a 48hr dry fast, how do you distracted yourself? I'm going to see a movie but I don't have much to do besides that

Thanks, shitposter.

>tfw day 0.25/30 day waterfast w/ daily 1500kcal keto supplement
bros the hunger is killing me

Attached: 1494120586038.png (257x196, 7K)

Fucking wot? Yohimbine works best when you're in a fasted state
I take the Primaforce one, 5mg a day, and it doesn't kill me or give me an elevated heart rate or anything.

Probably a dumb question but is IF always done with keto? If not what meals do you guys eat that let's you go on for 36 hours and more withoat feeling crippled?

>I'm 6'5" at 195
idk brah you might want to post pics and do it in several kinds of threads. In your specific and somewhat rare case it can be very important to see how much muscle you have and where you are at bf% wise. That last 5lbs can really be a bitch and fuck with your head

How do you guys replace the mild workday entertainment you get from grazing on snacks or nuts/berries. Gum? Chewing on toothpicks?

Attached: 1493789558425.jpg (640x640, 78K)

I don't.

I see. Good for willpower.

I just eat whatever and just go for a CiCo goal on my eating days. The lack of energy is really only that bad on the first evening. The next morning it's usually fine. I even got used to do hard cardio (hill intervals), but I timed it so that I could eat right after.
Sip snakejuice and drink 2-3 cups of coffee.

I started at 103kg, down to 94kg in month through a random mixture of intermittent fasting, OMAD and full day fasts. Goal weight is 85 and if I feel like it I'll go for 80.

keto supplementing is not fasting, if you are taking exogenous ketones on a fast, you are doing it very very wrong.

Study or get some decent hobbies. Building and painting miniatures while listening to audiobooks(for example horrorbabble on yt) is top tier.

Should I fast before bulking?

Attached: 20181020_122735.jpg (3053x3460, 2.73M)

yeah you looking a bit fat on the sides there m8

Thank you.

I agree, try to get rid of those ugly lovehandles first

What would happen if I did SS and GOMAD?

>bulking while overweight
gee i wonder what could possibly happen...

you will look exactly zach if he had started out with 10 extra pounds of fat

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 12.20.41 PM.png (1192x1194, 1.71M)

>overweight
Are you literally retarded?

Don't go cold turkey on caffiene, drink some green tea.
Get your sleep, your body needs it now more than ever.
Keep your salt level steady, don't "crank" anything.
Interested in why you chose 82.

Does anyone have links to what you should eat to break a fast?

Also, if anyone has links to the research articles on the receding death syndrome or whatever it was called, that'd be great.

Partner did a 3.5 day fast and broke it with granola, yogurt, and fruit, and was not doing good afterwards, and I wanted to refresh my memory on what you should eat and why.

*refeeding death syndrome

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refeeding_syndrome

You're not gonna get refeeding syndrome on a fucking week or 2 week long fast

Shit, he looked far better before. What the fuck did he do to himself? Bulking like that is a total meme, people think they can do it natty?

Newbie to fasting
I'm doing a 5 day fast for the week and eating on the weekends. Can I eat a regular lunch on those days or is that a bad thing?

>Partner did a 3.5 day fast and broke it with granola, yogurt, and fruit, and was not doing good afterwards
yeah partner could have been killed

partner should be more carful

Attached: 1541531934288.jpg (1600x1200, 281K)

Mostly a meme. You could just add easily digested calories back slowly. Like Gatorade, a banana, peanut butter and ramp up over the course of an hour or three. Not that you have to

You're only allowed to eat snakes on your refeeds

>Shit, he looked far better before. What the fuck did he do to himself? Bulking like that is a total meme, people think they can do it natty?
he was doing it to squat 3plate as fast as possible natty, not to look good to twinks

Attached: 1540887236492.jpg (560x398, 61K)

break your fasts with broth or meat,

granola yogurt and fruit is all sugars which will punch your liver hard after you spent the fast trying to adapt it to processing ketone bodies.

Even a cursory examination of the literature of fasting would indicate why refeeding with carbs is a foolish idea.

yikes
leave already

Why is there so many goddamn shitposters in this thread? No wonder everyone ran to the discord

yeah sure, fuck off with your lowkey discord shilling
if I wanted to suck mod dick and tripfag with others I would join reddit or the misc

>Hmpf! I'm very upset and I must make it known to everyone around that I am.

hey guys how long till i /fast/ down to abs? hope can get there before xmas

Attached: meforfit1.jpg (1440x2560, 1.5M)

>1500kcal
>fasting

there's already a thread with this user's photo, go there.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 1.55.35 AM.png (1168x1102, 1.12M)

Is Intermittent Fasting allowed in these threads? I had huge success with it while I was unemployed and now want to return to lose the weight I've gained from incessent snacking at work. I finish at 10pm every night. Should I simply cut the sips, never eat before 10pm and only have water and mint tea at work?

Dude that pic is depressing.

Of course IF is allowed, do what works for you :)

just b urself dude

I plan on doing a cycle of 2 days water fast + 1 day keto for a month, how shitty of an idea is it.

Kinda?

Attached: 04291366-A02E-4F50-8391-5A90D0735425.jpg (3988x2244, 1.01M)

Fuck
I may have to go back to a low carb diet then

is the 23/1 plan a good idea? My friend keeps nagging that i'm going to gain more weight by doing that

With all due respect your friend is a doodoo head.

I so far I lost about 2 pounds doing it last week. so far so good

It wont magically make you absorb calories from the air. Track your macros and you can do whatever the fuck you want

I think he means my metabolism will slow down but so far nothing. Whats the most amount of carbs do you recommend on a daily basis?

I recently did my first 24 hours fast but I felt really weak. Should I drink snake juice or is that normal the first times?

>I recently did my first 24 hours fast but I felt really weak. Should I drink snake juice or is that normal the first times?
yeah you want to ease back in drinking some snake juice and then some camomile tea after about half an hour then an hour later some broth then 45mins after that half an egg then after about an hour some more keto light refeding so you dot get toxic shock syndrome from eating again after the fast as per the Michigan study

6ft 181lbs-169lbs in almost 200 hrs snake juice fasting. Thinning of breaking bros the hunger is starting to hit me now and so is the headaches.
Anyway I did this as an experiment to see how effective snake juice can be on a minicut while bulking and from the looks of it I think it's worth it. Any other anons with experience like this?

Attached: 20181107_144345.jpg (2896x2896, 315K)

zero, carbs are not required if fat loss is your aim, your liver can produce enough glycogen for liver and skeletal muscle.

metabolic slowdown does not occur with fasting like it does with CICO.
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&t=

bulking is a meme, IMO OMAD would be most effective for maintaining or building, but see what works well for you.

I personally did a few 5 days and 72s and did 20lb in a month, but started fatter.

I have been reading a lot of religious texts and for instance the buddah as well as jesus fasted

have any of you ever experienced any spiritual clarity as a result of fasting?

I actually bulked on omad and had great results but CICO still wins in the end and I put on some fat. So I decided to try a minicut before I keep going

Yes. Prayer and worship feels different. The vibe and clarity feels so good

>Yes. Prayer and worship feels different. The vibe and clarity feels so good
Does it make it feel like your made up god is real lol

Yes

what is that on your shorts man?

I heard no exercise for the first 48hrs recommended of an extended fast. What is acceptable for maintenance after that? Liss? Weights only?

I try to walk at least an hour, more if I can, nothing too strenuous. bodyweight exercises and lifting are also fine if you can handle it. If you are walking make sure your can still comfortably breathe through the nose, if you are breathing hard through your mouth you will be more glycolitic and should slow down.

Duration trumps intensity in the fasted exercise for ketone burning.

Attached: Capture_decran_2018-09-17_a_18.53.04.png (224x290, 53K)

story behind pic?

>story behind pic?
Teacher creeps on every 15 yo student in his school, gives them his number. Finds a girl who was molested as a child, says he will marry her. "Marries" her in a hotel room with a bedsheet dress, penetrates her. Dumps her after giving her herpes. Uploads pics of him fucking her to an open photobucket....

Attached: 1541555934821.jpg (1200x4860, 939K)

You are the most fucking stupid fat autistic imbecil i have evere heard talk

Attached: 1541366027118.png (600x600, 370K)

If you black dry fast from now to xmas you might make it in time otherwise you are out of luck lad

Attached: 1540246705931.jpg (1014x1024, 60K)

I do rope jumping at low intensity

If you're asking why's protruding from my pocket it's my elbow sleeves

>this kills the roastie

How long did this take?

what is the story behind OP pic

see:

Attached: 1447951153994.jpg (768x1024, 589K)

what about eggs with hams as refeed?

How do you not eat out of boredom?
I'm not that hungry but I just feel like eating to fill up the void...

thats a good refeed meal, low carb high fat(keto) will get you better results in the end.
go for a walk, that what I try to do (don't always succeed)

>fat basedface dude bangs the fuck out of some prime snatch, gets away

why even lift/live

Thanks.
I will follow the advise that I found in IDM site (eat a small thing like a boiled egg) wait two hours and if I don't have issues, eat a larger keto meal.
Will post results.

I forgot to mention this:
Could add salted or unsalted penauts to give more flavor to the meal?

Ok skellys

How long till do i need to fast to hit keto? I've read this
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/, but there so many more things to read. How many hours? Does it vary heaps with individuals?

I want to keto to get rid of that gross gut. Pic related. Like my overall bodyfat is kinda low, my viens pop on my arms, im getting that V to my dick, but abs when!

Attached: postbody1118.jpg (1673x959, 377K)

fast for 24 hours and you will be on keto, then just stick to a keto diet and you will be good. Or you could stick with a keto diet and it could take up to a week to actual enter ketosis.

>Finds a girl who was molested as a child
you can do the same if you find such a girl to prey on

09EE308

jesus lol