Deadlifting belt

At what weight should you start using a belt when deadlifting

Attached: belt.jpg (1500x1125, 713K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's no weight that you have to start using a belt. I started using it once my core was giving out more than my back. Around the time I was at 315 x5. Just don't use it on real babyweight (>225lbs).

Can this be avoided by doing more ab work?

My last workout was 190/420 x 7 beltless with no problems. I recommend finding Chris duffins video's on bracing, practicing that and you'll be fine

I've read things that say don't use a belt and let your core do the work and I've also read that being able to brace the core against the belt actually helps your cure so get ready for tons of conflicting advice.

Try with, try without, do whichever you think will help your form and lifts without leading to injury or reliance on the belt.

For Lifts above 90% of your 1RM

Daily reminder that anyone who mindlessly slaps on a belt for all their heavy sets is just egolifting
The point is to get stronger, not stronger only while wearing a belt
You have to put some amount of thought into how you incorporate it into your training to see any real benefits

Just wear it all the time so that everyone can see you're a powerlifter and not just a regular fatass.

Attached: Having a light snack.jpg (1200x800, 158K)

I'm thinking about getting one since my bracing is starting to give out (and nearly snapped my shit) at 180kg, but I don't really know. I wouldn't use it for things you can lift for more than 3-5 reps tho.

i have pick related, pretty gud desu senpai

Attached: POOPO.png (512x304, 97K)

What's a good belt to get?

I wear one because I have crushed vertebrae and herniated discs.

You're a moron.
A belt allows you to tense your abs harder and hence push harder, it doesn't do any work for you

>A belt allows
So without a belt you're not allowed? Sounds like its doing something for you.

.t retard
Can you push your arm harder against a wall or against air?
Belt works the same way for your abs

Against air. I win.

Contrary to bro science, using a belt increases core activation.

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/

Every single study on this finds no difference or higher activation with a belt. It's not like straps where the strap preforms the role of the grip muslces. The belt merely gives your abs something to brace against. Sort of how your pecs can contract harder moving against a weighted bar than with no resistance.

Think leather ones are best. They can be found for $30-50.

Doesn't really matter when you put it on. It's personal preference.

I mindlessly slap on a belt for all benches and squats (not every day, but basically every set on days when I do it). Adds at least 30lbs to my bench and 60+ on squat

Sometimes I use a belt while sumo deadlifting.

However, I HATE belted conventional DLs. Belt robs me of 50-100lbs easily.

I'm not even fat. I have a BMI around 22 and am mostly quite flexible.

Tbh I think straps robbing you of grip is massively overhyped. Autists freak out about it but it's nbd

Lmao quit posting and eat a sandwich skinny

>muh stoicism
use it once you can brace properly. nothing to do with weight

This. Straps are just a way to do mixed grip without feeling like you're creating some muscle imbalance if you're OCD like me

I don't see why you wouldn't be using a belt. It's not like it does your core's work for it, you still have to brace. It just increases the amount of pressure you can exert in your insides.
Then again, you don't want to be the faggot wearing a belt for 20 pound curls.
I'd say if you're handling more than 50% of your bodyweight, you should consider one

Well named, user.

> I win.

Attached: dummy.jpg (645x729, 81K)

people on Jow Forums are convinced it's better to do everything the hardest way possible because they have a retarded mentality and sense of inferiority. that coupled with the idea that a belt somehow lifts the weight for you (or something) means you will always be discouraged here to use a belt
protip: basically all a belt does is it makes it easier to keep your form good

>makes it easier
Stopped reading there

>not using a bench press belt