/fast/ #327.5 Based Ciara Mods are Fags Edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>Can I fast if I have ___?
See your doctor before fasting if you:
>Have any sort of chronic illness
>Have gout
Don’t fast if you:
>Have type 1 diabetes
>Are malnourished/severely underweight
>Are pregnant
>Are breastfeeding

>How do I safely do an extended fast?
Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max
>Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day.
The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (8-10%).

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes, headass.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No

Previous Thread:

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 11.52.38 PM.png (684x1224, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/fit/search/text/4700mg/type/op/
youtube.com/watch?v=8rcfvRGZsDs
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/article-abstract/2623528
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> Do I need a multivatamin
No?

So we just die on anything but a short fast?

fasting is a meme. you shouldn't be taking health and fitness advice from obese retards who don't exercise.

additionally, ciara died due to a heroin OD. top jej.

You won't die bro. Your body is actually set up via evolution to burn fat for fuel. Shocking i know.

>additionally, ciara died due to a heroin OD. top jej.
no she has daddy sugar bf who is 40 nao

Attached: ciara.jpg (4032x2708, 1.71M)

So what happened to the thread? I was asleep.

>So what happened to the thread? I was asleep.
mods nuked it, perhaps because of the OP pic? which was no big deal

or maybe they think someone is going to starve themselves to death? I have seen them just start randomly nuking generals they don't like till you can't have them anymore

Attached: 1541625009231.jpg (768x1024, 98K)

Tfw no slender basic bitch gf

she is a faster she is mentally unstable though and does a bunch of weird shit, super cute tho

Attached: 1541099826292.png (1080x1920, 1.06M)

>eating brownie batter again
at least I'm running low on food and am unable to buy more

Attached: 1514997527641.jpg (633x758, 134K)

brownie batter, really

are you even trying

Attached: 1539535145617.jpg (640x1136, 127K)

thinking about trying a 48hr black fast... thoughts?

what is the difference between black fast and dry fast

To be fair I'm not fat, just trying to get rid of skinnyfat at bit.
t. 179 cm and 58 kg

>To be fair I'm not fat, just trying to get rid of skinnyfat at bit.
not sure in what realm of convoluted mental gymnastics this makes it less bad to be sitting around eating brownie batter but OK

Attached: 12120538_1659548230951293_675303508_n.jpg (900x900, 134K)

showers/brushing teeth not allowed, you cannot touch liquid

pls be in london

Watermelon

This bitch is BPD nightmare fuel

>Thigh gap skinny
>still fat on belly
Well I guess I should make my peace with that now. Hell I just want to be normal weight anyway, then start really strength training

>posting trannies

Off to /lgbt/ with you

Am I supposed to feel cold? Currently 48 hours into a water fast. Kind of just going as long as possible

>showers/brushing teeth not allowed, you cannot touch liquid
that is just outright stupid

>>Thigh gap skinny
>>still fat on belly
just a bad pic of posture and lighting, this is her tooit's harder (impossible?) for girls not on anabolics to get ripped shredded abs and retain plump boobs

Attached: 1539534483860.png (476x742, 517K)

why does /fast/ keep getting deleted? CIA? Big Agriculture?

>mods nuked it, perhaps because of the OP pic? which was no big deal
>or maybe they think someone is going to starve themselves to death? I have seen them just start randomly nuking generals they don't like till you can't have them anymore
it's because you guys talk about random shit or creep on girls in this general and are usually totally useless to anyone who comes in asking about legitimize fasting

>why does /fast/ keep getting deleted? CIA? Big Agriculture?
this is supposed to be Jow Forums as in fitness

nearly starving yourself to death is not fitness, it's like cutting yourself

I'm a degenerate, I don't want boobs

i think you know user

Attached: 1541573197641.jpg (608x656, 14K)

>ignorning science

>it's because you guys talk about random shit or creep on girls in this general and are usually totally useless to anyone who comes in asking about legitimize fasting
maybe I should make a 100 threads about no gf a day on Jow Forums since those are fitness related more than losing weight and never get nuked

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 1.40.14 AM.png (1700x1292, 314K)

kek the top result is literally about suicide and no girlfirend

Literally only the last thread got deleted and that was because the OP had suggestive pictures of a 15 year old

You can check the archive if you want, only the last thread has a trash can icon in the header. Gaps in thread numbers are due to OPs getting them wrong
desuarchive.org/fit/search/text/4700mg/type/op/

Maybe 2 threads out of the fucking 300 or so I've been around for, try again dipshit

>Nearly starving yourself
all the food you need is on your fat fucking gut, you aren't going to starve, fucking moron

I miss the old /fast/
People did fasting instead of talking about fasting

Just by curiosity, am I the only one who completely lost interest in Ciara when she turned 18? No pedo, it's just that she seemingly suddenly became ugly that year, and also the fact that she dates a guy so old disgusts me.

Relax, take this shit elsewhere. Resume /fast/ thread please thanks.

I stopped making the new generals for a while and the last 2 ones, counting this one, went to shit. Fucking r9k tier generals

Fuck dat noise

Attached: 1541349368279.jpg (905x881, 266K)

Feeling a bit cold is normal. You won't notice it after a while.

Just ate a dozen cream crackers

when can i expect a reduction in excess fat while doing FEEEFEE with 4-5h eating window?

Hey guys, started a snake juice fast this afternoon. Had a coffee in the morning but no breakfast or lunch (started the fast without really planning it out).

here are my stats
>5'5''
>200lbs

I surprisingly don't look as fat as I am but I've started to notice that I feel like shit so I'm going to lose some weight and then get back into strength conditioning.

Planned fast of 2 weeks minimum, if possible I'd like to go for an entire month because I can safely fast until I weigh around 120-130lbs anyway.

Any advice or thoughts? Will post pics later.

Attached: manlet.png (736x537, 634K)

Sierra Six, Gulf Recon Copy, how over?

Based schizoid poster

don't eat

Help me out Jow Forums

What’s the longest you can fast without drinking snake juice???

Attached: EE6EDAF2-93B6-4FE9-8930-EC3E183BF30A.jpg (637x503, 32K)

Attached: 88c.jpg (1347x1424, 713K)

just broke my fast with 2 different home made fermented cabbage mixes. gonna make some chicken gizzard soup later.

STEP IT UP SENPAI

until you you get to dizzy or your muscles start feeling really fucking weird.
first one is not dangerous, second one is

Cream crackers are based
I never poop as well as I do when I'm on them

can I bulk while intermittent fasting? is it bad to have my eating window being from 10:00 to 18:00? I can only get enough calories in if I have breakfast, sadly

Thanks buddy,

Also when I return to eating again, I know to eat low carb but what’s a good thing to eat?

I’m almost at my first 48hrs, and the day before that I had done a 24 hour.

Not even feeling that hungry or anything

Best thing to eat on refeed is a keto friendly meal. For example, chicken breasts with olive oil, carrots and broccoli. You can look for keto recipes online or other anons can give you advices but basically keto meals consists of meat, fats and vegetables. Avoid carbs at all cost :)

How can I fast for 2-3 days without getting dizzy or breaking?

The most I've done is 2 days and I fainted on the third lel. I've tried over and over again but my stupid mental power is so weak I can't fast more than a day.

>maybe I should make a 100 threads about no gf a day on Jow Forums since those are fitness related more than losing weight and never get nuked
holy shit

First thing is to know if you failed because your body couldn't stand anymore without food or if you just couldn't resist the urge to eat. Also, were you sipping on snake juice ? I used to be dizzy first times fasting without it.

the first time, I think my body just wasn't prepared for it. I had to end the fast because I fainted. Back then i wasn't getting any salts or anything.

I've tried again, supplementing correctly this time, but I can't resist the urge to eat.

Thx! That’s exactly what I’ll do.

Attached: B5A7C0E7-D1DD-4282-9FDD-B5950922E2FB.png (467x433, 227K)

So you know that the problem is mental. When I get some urges, I just think of some things I couldn't even think of doing before like going to the pool with friends or wearing plain t-shirt without feeling weird about my man boobs all the way. Now that I can do those, I feel way better with myself. I know I'm working on myself to enjoy life ways I was too embarrassed to do before. If you think about it, fast foods or big high-caloric meals won't disappear by the time you get your life on tracks. Think about why you want to loose weight, if that doesn't get you the motivation to find something else to do other than eating, like going for a walk, drinking water, reading a book or anything productive. Nothing I or anyone here will say will help you. Some things must come from yourself :)

2 days water fast + 1 day keto on a cycle, yes or no

Good luck ! Keep on keto and fast as much as you can to hit ketosis faster :)

sure
better than nonstop keto

Can i take my sodium and potassium all in one go instead of throughout the day?

Thats trash
Omad is ez to bulk on if you eat fatty meats

Tfw dont know if i should cut on bulk
Part of me wants to be lean
Other part wants me to be yueg

Attached: 1513872426194691795.png (1176x792, 1.1M)

Sip it through the day. If you drink snake juice too fast, you'll get a hard time no shitting in your pants ;)

i like chicken livers with salt and pepper plus 1 kg of cucumbers because i just want to eat volume

Fasting for like 7+ days is best fucking MEME Jow Forums has ever created.

Guys killing their (probably already small) gains and stuffing themselves with disgusting salty water so they don't DIE and just lose muscle instead.

You guys are evil geniuses. Sadistic mfs but geniuses nonetheless.

Attached: tenor (1).gif (360x346, 170K)

I recommend you all watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=8rcfvRGZsDs

Key pointers:
>Processing of food makes it unhealthy
>Eat whole foods
>Eat fewer meals

poor bait but still, if you're fasting for more than a week you're a fat fuck to begin with and losing muscle is the least of your problems

I haven't so far.

>muscle
I just wanna be fit and look great in clothes, idgaf about having moosles that only fags appreciate
why lift when it's all about the face

Friendless NEET and recovering fatty, on 4th consecutive fast and I want to kill myself. I was 170 lbs a few weeks ago and now I am skinnyfat 155lbs. 10 lbs to go. I am so lonely and I feel like having a fucking mental breakdown

Attached: camps-57c5c6375f9b5855e5d0b9eb.jpg (768x565, 93K)

You're almost there, the time for mental breakdowns is gone. Just get it over with, then you can ADF/OMAD and stuff yourself silly without gaining an ounce

Ok maybe it's fine for pure fatsos who would rather look skinny fat than lardasses.

The meme I was refering to is Jow Forumsizens claiming FASTING is the best way to lose fat and spare muscle, when it's actually the WORST for people with 25% or less that actually want to look good when shirtless.

Attached: 57c48c1ab996eb93008b507f-750-563.jpg (750x563, 53K)

You're not wrong there

>can I bulk while intermittent fasting?
kys

Attached: gymnastinjury.jpg (576x1024, 81K)

better then MAD

So I can fast by drinking only water?
How long should I fast for?

Attached: 1523943314191.gif (728x720, 550K)

As long as you can. Try two days to begin with

Your muscle loss is barely different during fast compared to just not lifting. You lose muscle if you don't lift, not because of fasting.
On gaining muscle during a fast I agree, not a good idea.

If you fast you lose muscle even if lifting, that's my point.

Gaining muscle while in caloric deficit (such as fasting) is a ultra-noob-gains feat only. But preserving muscle is not.

>am I the only one who completely lost interest in Ciara when she turned 18? No pedo
sure brah

Attached: 1535571351620.jpg (443x787, 32K)

That's ancient mom science-- fasting doesn't result in significant muscle loss.

Yes I agree, fasting is not very good when you want to build muscle, but you can easily maintain your muscle even during a fast. OMAD is better if you want to get stronger.

Does OMAD “mean one meal a day”

Yes

Maybe 16/8 IF with -500 deficit doesn't. 72h+ fasting does burn muscle, a lot.

I'm not even joking when I say that. It has nothing to do with age, I'm attracted to plenty of women who are older than 18. She's a special case because of what I mentioned.

*citation needed

and you have to do 15 IF days versus 3 days of fasting. you really think your not burning less or about the same amount of muscle in those 3 days compared to those 12?

You burn more fat and less muscle with -500 deficit (IF or not, according to evidence, doesn't really matter that much if macros are the same) for 12 days than with 3 days of fasting. The weight loss is similar, the quality is not.

>You burn more fat and less muscle with -500 deficit (IF or not, according to evidence, doesn't really matter that much if macros are the same) for 12 days than with 3 days of fasting. The weight loss is similar, the quality is not.
source:my ass

Attached: 1536865460095.jpg (1920x2560, 1002K)

So let’s say I fast for 48 hours, and then eat a meal and drink like a Gatorade or some shit for electrolytes. Can I go right back into fasting another 48? And then eat a meal, etc etc

Attached: 348EF096-8AB3-4DAD-9926-81E0B91AD62F.png (500x667, 137K)

What's a safe level of exercise while fasting? 32 hours in and woke up pretty light headed, wondering if I should hold off biking to work like usual. Any advice? It's about ~8 miles each direction for reference.

Oh boy is that hard for you to use PubMed search bar? Do I really have to spoonfeed you?

All things being equal, IF and regular dieting are similar, except for convenience. Prolongued fasting is muscle burner. It's simple, really.

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/article-abstract/2623528
>Conclusions and Relevance Alternate-day fasting did not produce superior adherence, weight loss, weight maintenance, or cardioprotection vs daily calorie restriction.

Attached: file.png (240x240, 28K)

>>Conclusions and Relevance Alternate-day fasting did not produce superior adherence
yeah not to random "should i diet maybe" faggots

but for people who are dedicated enough to seek out the depths that is this board and be looking for a different solution it can be a helpful tool. Some people find it easier to not eat at all than to restrict and carefully count. It's obviously not for everybody, but heavy freeweight squats are not for everybody either

Is the best time of day to OMAD in the morning so that it gets you through the day?

Attached: 1539638390289.png (442x720, 148K)

Attached: stopit.gif (480x358, 1.16M)

She has pretty nice tits for how skinny she is. Too bad no one dumps the nudes anymore.

Attached: 1539296016969.jpg (719x748, 84K)

>can i
>can i
>can i
why is every thread filled with these.

YES YOU CAN. YOU CAN FAST FOR 3 WEEKS ON YOUR FIRST FAST IF YOUR ABOVE 10%
just do it and see what happens. i assure you you will break before anything damaging will happen.

Anyone here doing liver refeeds?