How much is a respectable deadlift?

Everyone on here apparently deadlifts 5+ plates but how come I never see people in real life doing so?

Attached: 1535289240289.jpg (540x540, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

symmetricstrength.com/
strawpoll.me/16687725/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2.5 x body weight

how do you lift 5 plates
that would make the bar very unbalanced

Thats why its so hard

symmetricstrength.com/

I'd say 3 plates for reps is the amount when you are no longer considered a disgrace to evolution.

>lift 2x my bw
>compared to the average lifter youre 0% stronger
Ive never seen someone deadlifting 3 plates at my gym

4 plates, because thats my max

3 plates is far beyond the average man, don't listen to DYEL wankstains for your standards

t. DYEL :(

That site's concept of average is based on estats

How much you dl bitch boy?

>Everyone on here apparently deadlifts 5+ plates

strawpoll.me/16687725/r

Around a quarter of this shit hole pulls lmao4pl8!!!1 and above.

110kg now, 145 back in the old glory days. I might be the only actual 22 year old boomer on the board

I've only seen 5 dudes deadlifting 3+ plates. But 3 plate squats and 2+ bench is a lot more common. I'm guessing people try to avoid deadlifting.

Yes, they are scared shitless from it, which is odd. Worst case scenario during a deadlift is a hernia. The bench press can literally kill you, and squats can leave you as a head of cauliflower for the rest of your life. Yet most people in my uni gym legit bench 10, 20 kgs more than they deadlift.

4plates and over and u will earn my respect
4plates on squats and 1.5 ohp aswell

how much do you deadlift?

I deadlift 150kg for reps and have honestly never seen anybody do more, but I've only frequented shit-tier gyms.

If you go to a commercial gym 4pl8 is absolute show stopper more than likely. If you go to a non corporate gym then you start seeing outrageous shit. So I think the respect for average people is 3+pl8

The reason you don't see people in commercial gyms etc lifting 3plates+ is they don't know how to train. They do their pump fluff work and don't go near their maxes, I bet most of the guys at gyms who lift somewhat regularly could deadlift 3 plates ez.

I’m 70kg and my one max is 160kg. I consider it decent, saw better done at my uni gym but at pleb gyms near my home I never see anyone DLing more than 2 pl8

365 for reps is solid af and very respectable

315 for ez reps is where respectable starts

I've seen 4 people in my gym so deadlifts, and out of those four, one does 3pl8.

I do 3,5pl8 for reps and I get people staring at me.

It's 5 plates of 5lbs each

Tfw i sometimes post my glory days stats in addition when post my current stats not to seem too dyel in the face of fitizens. I used to deadlift 6plates 4 years ago when i was 18 and now i struggle with 4 plates. MFW when i´ll allways be a has been kind of dude.

Attached: 1531534708043.png (1000x861, 218K)

I do 2.5 plates and get people staring at me.

Same, I also go to my work's gym and everybody who works here is a fucking nerd.

Why is the boomer dressed up as the pkmn trainer from Black/White

I'm a 22 yo boomer as well

People hardly deadlift at all when I'm in the gym, I was deadlifting the most weight during my hours for months before this new European guy showed up and mogged me last week. He was deadlifting 250 kilos for 3 reps, madman.

Same im the only one doing deadlifts accept a friend of mine

In all the gyms I went to I saw like 20 people total pull over 6pl8
Majority around 180kg max
Then 150kg for the rest
Exclude boomers and fuels
I would say you should be able to pull
200kg after 1 year
220 after 2
240-250 after 3
260 -270 after 4
300 after 10-12
I pulled 270 after 4 years natty beltless
Most of my trainees achieve numbers in above stated order
Same goes for bench
100kg after 6 months
110-120 after 1 year
130 after 2
140-150 after 3
160 after 5
180 after 6-7
200 if genetics allow in 10

My PR is 160 kg/352 lbs which isn't particularly impressive but it's still the best at my gym.
>tfw homegym

Attached: 1539728078867.gif (658x366, 230K)

>some people in this thread say 3 plates
And how much exactly is a plate? The heaviest ones in my gym are 20kg. If I can deadlift 120kg am I ok?

By plate they mean the 45bs plate, so 3 plates is three of those on each side.

They likely laugh at you for struggling at bitch weight.

3 plate is 3 total plates without without bar and bar counts as a plate. 3 plate is 20+20+bar meaning 60 kg or 80kg if you don’t count the bar because there are 3 plates

if you can only bp 100kg after 6 months then you are a genetic failure and you should probably stop lifting
I hit 100kg after 2 months, and 140kg after 6 months
same for diddy, if you can't deadlift over 300kg after 1 year just fucking stop

So yeah, 2x3x20, which is 120kg
lol fuck off

nice buddy

I would say anything above 140kg is probably decent enough to not look a bit silly as an adult man but we all had to start somewhere. I'm currently lifting 160kg for reps and about180kg 1rm. heaviest I ever did was a 235kg farmers deadlift but that ripped my hands to pieces and I've never tried again.

E S T A T S
S
A
T
S

I thought it was because most commercial gyms hate it when people slam weights

405 is respectable, 500 is strong by non PL standards