What OS are you using Jow Forums ?

(I hope this will not get banned)

So Jow Forums You need to somehow access this website so on the topic what OS do you use seriously?

Serious in like you actually interact with them and understand them not "I used a digital kiosk ruining Linux once in my life".

strawpoll.me/16802771

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bs_fEkU8Qco
youtu.be/IiX09kiodfs?t=136
redhat.com/en/resources/unix-rhel-now-brochure
opengroup.org/openbrand/register/xy.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=Df-9UNfEnCk
i.4cdn.org/fit/1541624765694.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't get it why are you asking this on Jow Forums specifically?

I'm actually interested to find out what operating systems Jow Forums uses, fuck knows why.

>2018
>shitposting from computer

I wanted to know what the population of Jow Forums uses for their OS.

Jow Forums will give you racially different results.
This guy gets it.

Windows 8.1 on desktop (for muh games)
Arch Linux on T440p for uni.

Windows 7

Terry A Davis died dude.

Oh. I'm sorry.

RIP
youtube.com/watch?v=Bs_fEkU8Qco

>Arch Linux on T440p for uni.
Interesting did you configure the GUI yourself?

Piggybacking this to ask if people browse in private browser or let Jow Forums enter their web history

To be honest.
I"m just waiting till the russians release that hacked win98 kernel.

Boards have different cultures, and sometimes the culture of one board is better than the "home board" of the topic.

I only browse the internet in private on Firefox on my PC
if there's a tournament on twitch I'll use Chrome since it works better, but rarely view/play games anymore
windows 10 on a computer from 2008
can't shitpost on my iPhone 4
iPad 2 for my primary browsing

you should really have better things to do when at home, I only browse when taking a shit, eating, on the front/back end of sleep

>if people browse in private browser
>I only browse the internet in private on Firefox on my PC
Private browsing pff what a pleb. Only idiots use private browsing.

I simply instigate a new profile in another TTY. Oh they can insert all the tracking they want even super ever cookies don't stick to my system.

>or let Jow Forums enter their web history
> Jow Forums enter their web history
> web history

Hahaha you are so funny. There is no web history on my system and yet there is in a multiverse constant new timeline spawning and timeline erasing way.

Let say there is no cohesive timeline since all the bad stuff happened in another timeline/TTY and oh look this timeline/TTY has ceased to exist.

My life on the internet.
youtu.be/IiX09kiodfs?t=136

Attached: hacks_2.jpg (1300x861, 142K)

Because he needs a market profile of individuals who are both interested in fitness and operating systems. Probably initial research before his company begins development of a fitness related application.

Y-year of the Linux desktop am I right guys haha.

Actually I'm interested what operating systems fitness interested people use.

But why though

>I"m just waiting till the russians release that hacked win98 kernel.
Literally why?

nothing wrong with being interested in your work

Curiosity.

I explain it in a different way.
I shit my pants if I learned that 99% of Jow Forums uses BSD.

real chads use macbooks

Sent from my MacBook Pro Retina 15 inch.

So Jow Forums are computer savvy?

Computer engineering student reporting in.
Only use Linux for my logic design course. Asides that, windows 10 + Android :^)
Don't fall for the Ubuntu meme

>windows 10
Cancer.
>Ubuntu meme
Ubuntu = Windows 10. Get Linux Mint best OS ever made.

It's only cancer if you have autism

Its literally spyware. That is impossible to deactivate.

>windows 10
Ew

It's got a tiny footprint not even 10mb if you're strict as fuck, I know the system inside and out, it's basically invincible on the net, and it lightning fast.

The closest I'll get to it was that unoffical version of React OS that was designed specifically to use equal parts of windows 2000 and xp for what parts the OS designers couldn't figure out.

Used it for a while before dumping it because it was a bit too unstable, but now I can't actually find it again and microsoft apparently took the reactos guys to task and forced a code audit.

I use macOS.
>inb4 faggot
Can you name another commercially supported, POSIX-certified Unix that doesn’t cost thousands of dollars? Granted it becomes much more useful once you install Macports.

>It's got a tiny footprint not even 10mb
Maybe however you can take my cinnamon DE (only on linux) from my cold dead hands.

Especially if you know how to use it.
>>Native work spaces
>>Can switch the order of the items on the task bar.
>>Brilliant snap feature for windows
>>Expose view of all work spaces

I gladly throw 700MiB to have this DE apparently the DE eats it because its all written like a web browser to use CSS and JS to create customization options.

I have 16GiB of RAM so fuck it why not!

If you have ever seen it in action and someone explained how to use it you will never go back to the windows DE.

I used to be like you waiting for React OS however its pointless.

You know when you start windows the icons refreshing and the system not really starting despite being at the desktop?

This is not supposed to be in a actual operating system. Never on Linux Mint.

Then there are all the things I have in it, all my scripts I have made. Seriously I can download from YT or practically every video service and have all the files in the folder I'm viewing.

Its perfectly usable and has Firefox and chromium in it. so basically perfect for file organization and the web.

Why use windows?

The only answer is that windows has specific software like games.

The windows kernel is bloated and the registry is pure cancer that drowns in its own shit over time.

its a terrible idea to emulate the windows architecture if today's Linux Mint is far superior. Literally the only thing windows has is that it is some bizarre boot loader for games and other software.

Also win98 is DOS a single task and user operating system. it only asks for problems.

Also the picture is accurate once you start creating your own scripts there is no going back.

Alternative operating systems are a gateway to system scripting.

Attached: dw71p8q3ctry.jpg (1140x1310, 315K)

Xubuntu Linux and Android phone.
Used to run Fedora, then Linux Mint, but I settled on Xubuntu because video games.
Windows and OSX are shit

>Unix
>POSIX
>certified
What Unix or POSIX features do you use day to day?

Terminal?

All you need and want is a GUI. No one really gives a shit that their distro is not certified (this costs a lot of money).

The joke is that apple was so incompetent in OS creation (hello OS9) and so greedy they decided to steal BSD to create OSX. And BSD clowns are the joke of the FOSS community.

BSD is basically:
>there is no freedom unless everyone is free to steal and kill!
>True freedom requires no laws whatsoever!

So yes you can steal from BSD clowns and not give anything back because they are BSD clowns.

>Can you name another commercially supported
Not that its important however did Red Hat Linux not get certified? This sounds like something Red Hat would do to brag before their customers.

redhat.com/en/resources/unix-rhel-now-brochure

Attached: i-see-you-fuck-bitches.jpg (500x388, 37K)

Windows 3.1 on a blackberry playbook.

Windows desktop for work/games
Thinkpad running manjaro linux when I'm anywhere but my desk
android on my phone

RIP Terry Davis

LOL
Nice.
Ever did the windows 95 on a floppy thing?

>So yes you can steal from BSD clowns and not give anything back because they are BSD clowns.
When I write code I usually release it with an MIT license, unless I have good reason not to; the mere fact that people are using my code gives me satisfaction.
Men are entitled to the sweat of their own brows; I'm not going to steal other people's work just because they used my code as a base.
When I give something away I actually give it away, I'm not a selfish commie.

>All you need and want is a GUI.
Ok, this is a troll.
Either that or you're literally retarded (as if that wasn't obvious from the other parts of your post).

What? How is this related? Fuck off

mint is for gaylords

debian master race

>floppy thing?
Are you saying my dick doesn't work? I'll fuckin stab ya mate

Debian testing reporting in. Tilling wm was the best meme I've fallen for.

Attached: 6d00b874-3404-4272-aa56-c19f7182c924.png (800x600, 31K)

>this whole thread

Attached: 1438725351486.jpg (590x387, 56K)

You are a communist, you're also backing randian ideals, while alluding to capitalism being ebul as well.

Let me guess. You're against unions and think that apple and microsoft ripping off the hardwork of coders to add to their own programs is great. Thus pushing the horrifying slave mentality that is keeping good third party os's from being created. BUT WHUT ABOUT MUH LINUX!!
You mean that thing that was created to keep the bright minds of computing tied up eternally with a broken useless desktop os so they can't actually work on something worth while?

>they decided to steal BSD to create OSX
It’s not “stealing” when they’re literally following the license. If BSD devs didn’t like it they would use a different license. The BSD license is more about getting good code on as many machines as possible, not artistically enforcing software communism. Because of the permissive license, hundreds of millions of devices from iPhones to PS4s to Netflix servers to Citrix Netscaler appliances run BSD derivatives.

coming from Jow Forums, so obviously Loonix (Fedora)

I lift my dumbbells everyday too, so this Jow Forums's me

Why do you austist actually believe >le bobnet meme?
Its not like anything you have digitally is of any interest or value for the people that actually has access to your shit.

Attached: e14ec85.jpg (1242x1504, 115K)

Oh shit. We got a windows loser here.
Just point and laugh

He says while browsing a far right extremist website

Cinnamon for the best DE.
Mint to not have driver bullshit or Ubuntu spyware.
Any questions?

>Ok, this is a troll.
Prove to me that 99% of people don't want only a GUI.
The post I was responding was talking about Unix and POSIX certification. Unless this is explained the person posting this has no idea what this even is , hint its not the GUI.

>Not that its important however did Red Hat Linux not get certified? This sounds like something Red Hat would do to brag before their customers.

>redhat.com/en/resources/unix-rhel-now-brochure

You understand that brochure is talking about how to migrate FROM Unix to Red Hat. Because Red Hat isn’t Unix because it isn’t certified and therefore not allowed to call itself one.
opengroup.org/openbrand/register/xy.htm

No idea the Internet and computers are nerd shit.
What are you doing here?

youtube.com/watch?v=Df-9UNfEnCk

Im still a good boy regardless

It litterally is a botnet.
So is chrome so is firefox now apparently.
And yeah, windows has been the bottom bitch of the NSA since forever.
Hell windows 95b was created because linux at the time was the only way to get on the net and they were losing marketshare.

The major reason why M$ won't release the source code to windows 9x or NT systems and basically decimate the entire linux desktop initiative is because there is way too many software backdoors in the system.

Now that all backdoors on the system are on the metal and THE MAN can literally just stroll on down to the local internet service provider phone company and get everything they need to know it's not really a thing anymore.

Desktop Linux is the same way. THE MAN has a lot of backdoors and ways to use it to get into your system.

What it really comes down to is convenience and keeping monied interests and shit kicking low tier officials out of your hair out of your business and away from your info or using you for their own ends through subtle manipulation through using information gleaned from reading your habits online.
Take a look at google, facebook, and the entire android platform for instance.

I didn't really give a shit what red hat has to say on this subject.

I was only asking a question and not really giving a shit if its true, red hat loves to brag about stuff.

Why should anyone want these certificates?

PROTIP: More than 1% of people are smarter than you, and they need a good command line for things like programming and automation.
You keep sucking microshaft cock though, you pathetic example of the dunning krugar effect

>He says while browsing a far right extremist website
lol
A few people being paid to whore racist and nationalist ideals on Jow Forums 24/7 does not make this a far right extremist website.

Jow Forums happens to be the biggest board on Jow Forums and its main source of income

>Why do you austist actually believe >le bobnet meme?

Because win10 is literally spyware and this is not even debatable.

>Its not like anything you have digitally is of any interest or value for the people that actually has access to your shit.
I explain this to you.

Lets say you have saved or posted a funny picture like this:
i.4cdn.org/fit/1541624765694.jpg
Funny right?
HAHAHa.
Only its current year and this is transphobic and a hate crime in some countries you will go to jail for this and in the US the corporations are happy to black list you and get you fired from your job for
On-line racism, transphobia and alt-right white supremacy.

So tell me one more time you have nothing to hide.
And if the political climate changes literally anything and any opinion can become heresy or hat crime or whatever.

Attached: 1496017193678.jpg (638x5176, 968K)

Stop pretending like Jow Forums is not a core element of the alt-right

>And if the political climate changes literally anything and any opinion can become heresy or hat crime or whatever.
So much this.
It's scary how shit like the #metoo movement is ruining peoples' lives and careers over shit that was socially acceptable and normal less than 30 years ago.
And that was before the age of ubiquitous recording of literally everything you do

>PROTIP: More than 1% of people are smarter than you
>you pathetic example of the dunning krugar effect

You are projecting hard.
Pro tip you are still not answering why anyone needs or wants this certification and what magic you can do if you have this certificate.

I don't give a shit about certification.
I'm criticizing you because you're a moron who doesn't know how to use a shell or write code yet thinks he knows dick all about computers

Exactly and this is why privacy is important.
We have a totalitarian political movement today.
And who knows what the next problematic subject will be or what will be wrong think in the future.

Everyone who disagrees needs to create a facebook account and post all his fav memes under his real name.

Oh really?
Is that why the people who're paid to post on Jow Forums have been branching out and ruining the rest of the fucking site?

>Is that why the people who're paid to post on Jow Forums have been branching out and ruining the rest of the fucking site?
I'll never understand why Jow Forums attracts so many schizophrenics
NOBODY IS BEING PAID TO POST ON Jow Forums, NOT NAZIS, NOT JEWS, NOT DEMOCRATS, NOT COMMUNISTS, NOT ANYBODY
ffs

Nice reaction.

You have to be completely mentally retarded to think that companies don't advertise here with posts.

Wow you are so funny.
Lets track this back:
>Unix
>POSIX
>certified

What Unix or POSIX features do you use day to day?

Aw snap I did ask for this.
Unless you can explain what even POSIX or UNIX is and why anyone wants this certificate and what magical features are absent from the not certified Linux distros (that can not be downloaded in less then 1 minute) you have no argument.

And I bet the one saying
>Muh OSX
>Because muh POSIX and UNIX certification

Has no idea what this even is.

Side note:

>I'm criticizing you because you're a moron who doesn't know how to use a shell or write code
I know how to program and have written my own scripts for POSIX environments (not certified POSIX), you are so funny.

You'd have to be retarded to think they *are*.
Jow Forums is just a bunch of creeps and weirdos who who sometimes like having a laugh at the expense of people like you by riling you up with false flags and conspiracy theories

GNU slash linux ofc

I never said windows wansnt spying on its useres. I was saying that the vast vast majority of users dont have anything of intetest.
And no i have absolutely nothing to hide.

Shut the fuck up you moron.
OSX is a shit OS, but Windows is just as bad.
I'm not the macfag you replied to like 20 posts ago, this may surprise you, considering your IQ is sub-room-temperature, but there's more than 2 people on Jow Forums.
>I know how to program and have written my own scripts for POSIX environments (not certified POSIX), you are so funny.
No you don't, otherwise you'd appreciate the value of a good shell.
Nobody except complete know nothings use Windows because it's such a pain to do *anything* except videogames

>And no i have absolutely nothing to hide.
Post the memes you liked on facebook under your real name and see what happens.

>And no i have absolutely nothing to hide.
Timestamp of face and ID please, plus secure tripcode that you will use for every subsequent post so we can catalogue everything you say and use it against you if you ever say anything controversial

I dont think id get in trouble for liking bogged posts and cursed pics.

Then do it!

Also don't forget to make your posts visible to all progressives and feminists for maximal effectiveness.

I dont have boomerbook and im not sending an induvidual snapchat to 150 people
That would just be retarded

You this this is on the same level like saying
>No one needs sleep
>Me not sleeping to prove my point? NO!