Thoughts on beginner routine I made for new Jow Forums bois?

There seems to be a bit of a conflict between conventional training wisdom for beginners (3 day a week full body linear progression! SS/SL/Greyskull only!) and what beginners actually wanna do (in the gym every day, biceps and triceps, woo!). What I'm going to write here is an attempt to reconcile these two ideas and produce a sane way for a beginner to train more frequently and give the attention to the glamour muscles that they want, while also progressing in a correct, appropriate manner. To do this, I'm going to borrow wisdom from a few different programs and ideas. My goal is to provide an accessible program for beginners with enough volume to stimulate growth in the bro muscles, while also giving enough intensity in the main movements to elicit strength adaptations.

PULL

Deadlifts 1x5+/Barbell rows 4x5, 1x5+ (alternate, so if you did deadlifts on Monday, you would do rows on Thursday, and so on)
3x8-12 Pulldowns OR Pullups OR chinups
3x8-12 seated cable rows OR chest supported rows
5x15-20 face pulls
4x8-12 hammer curls
4x8-12 dumbbell curls

PUSH

4x5, 1x5+ bench press/4x5, 1x5+ overhead press (alternate in the same fashion as the rows and deadlifts)
3x8-12 overhead press/3x8-12 bench press (do the opposite movement: if you bench pressed first, overhead press here)
3x8-12 incline dumbbell press
3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

LEGS

2x5, 1x5+ squat
3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift
3x8-12 leg press
3x8-12 leg curls
5x8-12 calf raises

It's 6 days a week. You can run it one of two ways: PPLRPPL or PPLPPLR (where R denotes a rest day) depending on your schedule and preferences: it really makes no difference. Personally, I would run the program in the Pull, Push, Legs order.

Attached: 1538969242766.gif (250x187, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/gMUfM#selection-2225.7-2225.24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lol

DAY 1 3x8
Lift
Incline barbell press
Flat barbell press
Dips - chest
Close grip bench press
Seated tricep ext
Calf raise record scratch

DAY 2 3x8
Lift
Barbell deadlift / rackpull
Barbell row
Pull up/chin up
Barbell shrugs
Dumbell curl
Barbell curl

DAY 3 3x8
Lift
Barbell squat
Leg press
Romanian deadlift
Military press
Lateral raise
Bent over rear delt raise

At least make the trolling less obvious. Fucking ledditor

this is what happens when dyel retards try to make their own routine

post body

Attached: 1538933282342.jpg (249x249, 16K)

Reddit is able to create a good routine unlike Jow Forums.

But the routine in the OP is unironically good and 10x better than anything from that site you should go back to

lmao OP routine is THE reddit ppl
archive.is/gMUfM#selection-2225.7-2225.24
and yes it is a good program

Attached: 1539103008725.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

beginners shouldn't make their own routines

once you're more knowledgeable then you can start introducing your own methods and modify it to target the muscles you want it to

Attached: 1523299232602.png (547x465, 47K)

PPL is a meme
here's the best beginner program

Attached: 1505703294556.jpg (1280x748, 272K)

Is this trying to gaslight retards into doing Starting Strength?
>it's not a cult

>posts meme

It's not a cult! Lord Chief Rippetoe said so in the holy scripture, Starting Strength for Beginner Athletes by Mark Rippetoe!

Lmao do you actually think pplrppl and pplpplr are different?

>any routine that has squats in it is Starting Strength

nah dude more like
>every whole body routine is starting strength

I'm somewhat of a beginner and I'm making rapid progress (5kg to every barbell lift and 2.5kg to every dumbbell lift every second session) with this
6x a week, ABABAB
>Day A
Deadlift 3x5
DB Rows 3x10
Pull-ups 3xF
Bench Press 3x5
DB Inc Press 3x10
Chest Cable Crossover 3x10
Dips 3xF
Skullcrushers 3x10
>Day B
Squat 5x5
Romanian Deadlift 3x8
Rear Lateral Raise 3x10
Lateral Raise 3x10
Incline DB Curls 3x10
Preacher Curls 3x8
Hammer Curls 3x10
Because of good genetics (I guess, I have a good frame and lots of energy) one day is enough for the muscles to regenerate. Three bicep exercises because they hit different heads of the bicep and my biceps are in general lagging behind (before I used to do ONLY compound lifts)
Any opinions?

Attached: 135745784574.jpg (1080x1080, 113K)

Oh yeah forgot Standing Military Press on Day B, 3x5.

Sorry I don't respond to zealot gaslit retards who want me to be just as braindead as they

>thinking AMRAP is good for a beginner on a NLP
lmao ok

why are people so obsessed with beginner routines?

just

>focus on free weights, start with compounds and work your way down to isolation
>the more days a week you do the more you have to split
>don't stay in the gym for more than 2 hours
>do sets of 5 to 10 but make sure that your either fail or can do not a single rep more
>eat healthy

b-but muh """""lost"""" gains

whatever nerd, consistency is key and if your goal is to lift for life the only lesson you need to learn is to train often and train hard

Attached: 1541633235893.jpg (750x747, 37K)

unironically just do SS
read the book
use the SS and BBM forums for more help

be more of a clueless newfag, I implore you

Yes Lord King Rippetoe! How much shalk we tithe you this month, my liege?

Notice you didnt post body. Weird...

More SpongeBob shoops?

Seconded. Whoever made that image was a genius who expressed what was in my soul

Licking that butthole that is

>hurr durr you need to be a sikkunt to know shit
reserve your sarcasm for your mom, it doesn't translate well over text. I'll admit it, I'm a fat dyel. doesn't mean I can't call someone out for saying dumb shit. do you also think starting strength is better than everything mark rippetoe could come up with?

Haha fat retard go back to plebbit this place is for people who care about fitness. Not le epic memers

This thread is great