Help me blow my chest up /fit

Help me blow my chest up /fit

Attached: 0D5AF8B9-EF74-44BF-9F94-AE0F6A23B57A.jpg (750x1334, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/89e518dl4I8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cut your fucking hair hippie

youtu.be/89e518dl4I8

Chest isn't massive by any means but here's some advice.

1. Ignore the chestlets who say flat bench is a bad Pec Builder. It's the primary Pec builder, and is extremely closely correlated with the size of your pecs. If you can rep 2pl8 you will have a relatively decent sized chest.

2. You should always have 1 flye motion in addition to your pressing volume. Flyes are not as taxing and will allow you to accrue additional volume.

3. Frequency is KING for bench. Every time someone complains about their shirty Bench they're doing SS/SL or base 5/3/1, which is to say fuck all. Bench really shines being hit 3-4 times a week imo and assuming you sanely program your intensity this is more than workable.

HIGHLY recommend Nuckols 3x Bench (on strongerbyscience.com) or Sheiko for bench.

4. Interestingly enough intensities above 70% don't induce more Pec utilisation but rather recruit more tri/delt usage. This is probably why submaximal benching is so frequently recommended.

5. Hammering your sticking points.
Weak off the chest? Start doing 4x8-10 Paused Bench.
Weak at lockout? Floor Presses/CGB0
Poor stability? Dips & JM Presses.

Attached: IMG_20181108_141730_385.jpg (640x640, 83K)

Bretty gud

Cont.

6. Experiment with different grip widths and find what works for you. It will feel alien at first but that's fine. Some people prefer a closer grip (more arm dominant individuals), some a wider grip (strong delts).

7. Are you tight? You don't need an excessive arch but the tighter you are the more stable a base to press from and the more you'll bench. I get tight enough my hips hurt. Leg drive should always be utilised to the fullest. Everything should be tight. Your Traps should be digging into the pad.

“On my bench setup, I always try to keep my upper back tight and in a locked position. I have found that most people who are starting off do not really understand how to do this. A cue that Tom Delong, USPA Director of Science Education, taught me was to 'retract and depress' my shoulder blades as I set up and maintain that position throughout the entire movement. It works wonders!”

A good quite from raw bench record holder Jeremy Hoornstra:

“If you're comfortable when you lay down on the bench, you're doing it wrong.Shoulders should be pulled back with traps and rear delts, erectors tight, quads tight, abs flexed and pushed out, and your forearms should be engaging by squeezing the bar as tight as possible. I try to leave finger grooves in the bar I squeeze it so hard.That way the forearms are used, which not only controls the bar path itself, but makes it feel lighter. If it's light in your head, it's light in your hands.”

Any questions feel free to ask.

based

post a higher res pic

forget about big chest

you want long chest

long

>be me
>easy bench 225 for 10
>long chest
>long

Attached: Loooooong.jpg (2368x1684, 717K)

>before the gains
>blessed long chest genetics

Attached: loNG.png (388x616, 389K)

This user is on point. Doing full body 3x a week now because I hurt my bicep and can't really pull, so squat and bench each time with variable intensity. My squat and bench are going up. Weird huh?

This should blow up your chest, OP

Attached: images.jpg (200x160, 7K)

Based knowledgeable poster. What should I do this body?

Attached: fuck your internet.jpg (2300x2595, 3.68M)

agree on everything but going below 70% RM.
Try to do sets to failure -1 with your 60% and weekly gaining reps on that set, your chest will explode

Bumping so more anons who are benchlets can learn from This

1st day strenght reps
2nd day resistance reps and finish it with calisthenics

ty have a cute girl

Attached: 1541295227067.jpg (640x1138, 141K)

howdy

How do I apply this for shoulders gib programmes

hows this OP

Attached: splod1.jpg (750x1334, 223K)

Does OHp build the chest well?

>strap some c4 on your chest
>detonate
not just your chest, everything will blow up