How do we make men great again like Progressives and Teddy Roosevelt did?

Hello Jow Forums. /his/ here. The progressives of the late 19th century and early 20th century believed that middle class America was becoming too civilized. The price of urbanization and civilization was the downfall of the American man. Men were becoming weak, and Progressives (true Progressives not blue haired goyboys of today) believed that weak bodies were indicative of weak character. According to Teddy "The Machete" Roosevelt, "The middle class is characterized by a 'certain effeminacy of character'". Historian Henry C. Merwin believed that "The American middle class has become 'over sophisticated and effete'". Progressive thought ran rampant throughout the United States in order to combat the middle class male's castration. A very significant cure to this growing epidemic was participation in "The Strenuous Life".

cont.

Attached: The Grim Reaper Smiles on the Goal Posts (old ass political cartoon).png (490x654, 543K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rooshv.com/the-inversion-agenda
youtube.com/watch?v=fISgKl8dB3M
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ji_Y7YEbKY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"The Strenuous Life" simply answers the question "How can we turn men back into men?". "How do we turn men back into men?" Manual labor and working with your body as much as your brain. "How do we turn men back into men?" Physical activity. "How do we turn men back into men?" A masculine mindset. Teddy Roosevelt was a proponent for the Strenuous Life, and in the early 1900s we witnessed camping growing in popularity and scouting growing in popularity (The Boy Scouts was founded in 1910). Playgrounds and urban recreation were revamped and rejuvinated across the United States; Physical Education was given a new emphasis throughout. A huge upsurge in college athletics was witnessed. For example, American football nearly died out due to absurd death rates (25 players dead in the 1905 season) and unnecessary roughness on the line of scrimmage, but after Roosevelt's creation of a rules committee helped streamline the game and make it safer without emasculating it, football thrived thereafter.

My main point to you all is this: men were becoming pussies and true Progressives at the time advocated for men to act like men. I believe we are going to witness something similar in the next 40 years with leftists wanting men to act like women even though there is nothing wrong with men being men. My question to you is this: How do we encourage the modern man to become more like a man?

tl;dr: How do we make men great again like Progressives and Teddy Roosevelt did in the late 19th/early 20th century?

Attached: gettyimages-3088056[1].jpg (618x410, 43K)

Promotion of trade jobs as being acceptable for men who are below 120 IQ. The massive surge in college admission is spurred on by everyone believing the only way to be successful is with a college diploma. Most people in college are not particularly bright, and are only there to appease their families. If the taboo of not being a college grad is eliminated, blue collar/trade jobs will become more socially acceptable and masculinity will resurge as a result.

Move out of your parents' house. Do things for yourself. What you don't know how to do, learn how to do. Read more. Exercise regularly. But honestly, it's too late for our generation. We can become manlier, but we're already men. The hope lies in the future. Whenever you have a son of your own, make sure he doesn't grow up to be a pussy well into his 20s like you were. Do outdoorsy stuff with him; camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, etc. Get him involved in sports early on, but don't be one of those asshole dads that demands excellence. Just being involved and active and learning about teamwork is good enough.

Teddy took his children (girls, too) on "walks" through the woods around his home, which were essentially obstacle courses where he'd make them climb over boulders and run through brush and swim across lakes and stuff like that. I wish Teddy was my dad.

>Teddy took his children (girls, too) on "walks" through the woods around his home, which were essentially obstacle courses where he'd make them climb over boulders and run through brush and swim across lakes and stuff like that. I wish Teddy was my dad.
Damn that's based.

eat more meat.

Not posting on this faggoty website would be step 1

I feel rewards and trophies are a big problem with making boy to men. They don't learn how to out preform their other man, or deal with the pits of a loss. Kinda kills the competitive spirit that's driven by Darwinism.

Men need to understand sacrifice and responsibility better, as well as purpose in life. Men "showing their feelings" is bullshit. The most Jewish thing I've heard is the whole "look at male suicide rates, they're so high because the pressures of masculinity are too much and men don't cry or talk about their feelings enough so they kill themselves. The answer is to stop being men". This completely ignores the fact that the popular conceptions of what a man is have mostly remained unchanged in the past 60 years, while suicide rates have skyrocketed. It's because we live in a world with increasingly little need for masculinity, leaving men without a purpose. Why take responsibiliy and endure hardship when your girlfriend can go work and the government will give you anything else you need? Additionally, man is so far removed from his natural conditions that there's no immediate need to be strong, disciplined, delay gratification etc. So the bottom line is, men need to rediscover purpose

Attached: 1541425585273.png (606x1076, 1.29M)

I'll bite, where do you find more of these pics and information.

Roosevelt was fat.

i think if men would stop posting on Jow Forums, it would be a good start

you probably made this post because your own crippling insecurities give you this false perception of what masculinity really is, you saw some rando basedboy walking down the street, your job fucking sucks dick and you hate it, and you cant get laid

you're really ignoring the advances made by humanities in all strides of all fields today, just look at how society has progressed since roosevelt was alive. a drastic amount of people in the early 1900s lacked the basic education to fucking read and were living without basic plumbling, but they had it better right ?

yes people should keep themselves in shape, but please fuck off back to /his/ and kill yourself retard, society isnt as fucked as your pseudo intellectual self likes to think

I'm not american, but if I was the education minister of my country I would implement two hours of exercise every day
and hardcore exercise at that, like one hour of weightlifting/gymnastics/martial arts/ball sports (if you're enthusiastic about it, because with things like soccer it's easy to just wander around and let the sporty kids do 99% of the work) in the morning and something slightly lighter at the end of the day, ramping up with the grades but starting up pretty intense even for the tiny kids

get high quality coaches that can involve themselves with the children and encourage them, enough for each school even if it will be expensive. Allow for the kids to choose what form of (legitimate) exercise they want to focus on, educate them on the basics of nutrition as fast as you can, have adequate equipment for the common forms of exercise

in the end increased productivity and lowered healthcare costs will more than balance out the budget
pretty sure a 14 year old kid that can pull 2 plaet deadlifts, has plenty of sparring experience in x martial art and has a robust non-ugly body will have enough self worth for any man

also this would apply to girls as well, of course

I seriously wish I could go back in time to be more athletic as a kid, I will probably be paying my dues for the rest of my life

>doing something because of a stereotype and not because it is good or makes rational sense
Never gonna make it desu. This is a very teenage way of thinking

No, I actually just did my research. You should look into what that means faggot. You will die locked and low test.

>exercising to make gains and raise test is bad because you're not doing it for the correct reasons
How big is your fucking nose? This isn't the same as buying dollar shave club to feel manly, this is taking back manlihood in the 21st century you cuck kike.

Attached: 1542585251408.png (55x60, 498)

>t. Nosebergstein

>Make Men Great Again
You want to mess with the jews and their inversion agenda? rooshv.com/the-inversion-agenda

Start when men are young. When boys are being boys in school, we put them on ritalin. Boys learn more by doing stuff. But our school system is designed for pupils to be quiet and conscientious. Which both are female traits, thusly women benefit in our school system while men suffer.

Celebrate masculinity, responsibility, discipline.
youtube.com/watch?v=fISgKl8dB3M

Attached: 1543644519810.jpg (878x599, 550K)

this.

You don't need jews for people to grow weak with high culture, this has been a trend in history forever. Just read about fall of Rome

Pic was saved on here, but check out Arno Breker sculptures you might enjoy those

Attached: images (1).jpg (275x367, 25K)

No one is arguing that technologically we aren't any better off. But ask yourself what culture even is for us today?

I have a theory that can only be proven true if op replies to this

>thinking femininity is an undesirable trait
>all modern wars, over 85% of violent crime, caused and perpetrated by men
>thinking men "should" be a certain way rather than exist as full human beings with differences
>unironically thinking things were better in the 1800s

have a critical thought once

Attached: 45023276_10156836862294468_1883759311562211328_n.jpg (960x920, 103K)

>>all modern wars, over 85% of violent crime, caused and perpetrated by men
go cry on your dads dick, although he probably doesn't have one

Yes and the same reason why Rome has fallen are the reason why we are about to fall. However, today the jews support this process and enhance the decline because they want a low IQ eurasian-negroid mixrace to control

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ji_Y7YEbKY

Attached: 1542169153007.png (1190x736, 113K)

>dude like nothing is wrong that's just your opinion loool everything is a social construct
we need another world war

Attached: 1496251809989.jpg (351x359, 19K)

>1800s
>after french revolution
>better
no
no
1789 was a giant mistake

also you're retarded if you think women are more peaceful then men.

>Starving people who are tired of being pushed around by the aristocrats and their absolute shit fuck of an incompetent bitch boy king who didn't deserve the name Louis his far smarter and far more capable ancestors held, and his greedy bitch wife, yeah lol these people shouldn't have thrown off their shackles and killed their tyrants
What the fuck dude? I've been hearing this shit since school, that the french revolutionaries were somehow awful people for slaughtering their overlords and that it's soooooo sad what they did to poor little arrogant, narcissistic, cheating Marie Antoinette :((((((((((. Seriously, if you lived in France at the time you would barely even be able to eat at all some days.

I love it when Jews just fucking out themselves like this. You fags aren’t even fucking trying anymore.

So much of this thread appears to be focused on what we as individuals can do to be more masculine, but that's ignoring the point.

Improving ourselves =/= improving male culture.

Roosevelt's tactic was to systematically re-promote semi-violent sport, and to encourage male youths to engage in physical activity (e.g. with the scouts).

However, this is already in place in modern society in both parts. The only ways I can see of placing the necessity of physical prowess back on the shoulders of young men are one or more of the following, from least to most extreme:

>establish political parties of the New Right, which visibly decry Trump and the Alt-Right, but make right-wing politics palatable to the wider population again (e.g. Tony Blair and New Labour)
>systematic destruction of Tumblr, Twitter, and prominent Neo-Communist Facebook pages (i.e. anywhere where non-gender centric ideology is shared, even humourously)
>systematic destruction of Buzzfeed, Jezebel, etc. (pls Hulk Hogan)
>start a war, with conscription