Yeah, I'm thinking he's back

Alright boys, I'm a recovering alcoholic (would go through a 1.75 every three days) who is ready to get back on track, not only with fitness but with life as well. I'm going on three days no alcohol by the way.

I gained around 25 pounds while drinking so much, and I'm ready for this gut to be gone. I need all of your energy and motivation, positive or negative, I don't care. Give me all you got!

Attached: 99033_absolut_1l_edo_3.jpg (1536x1536, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7jTGVx2ATLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It’s hard, but you can do it. When you want a drink, drink fucking water. Don’t be a pussy. You’re gonna make it.

I never drank alcohol so I didn't know it was such an addiction, is it like masturbating? You feel the urge to do it?

Thanks man. Yeah I keep watching these intervention videos on YouTube, and it's doing a pretty good job of making me not want to drink.

Depends if you like the effects. I personally love it.

Regardless, you can do it OP. When you want to drink, work out. Turn your addidctions craving into a positive.

Yeah, I don't really feel the urge during the day, but once 5pm hits or so, I get the urge to drink. It's really weird, as I never had it before when I used to just drink on weekends back in my early 20s.

But it just slowly progressed to drinking during the week, then every night just about. That's when the urges came, almost like a routine, ya know?

Thank you man, your words help. Funny thing is I quit drinking on weekends in my early 20s for the gym, as I thought I was wasting my gains. I didn't drink again until a few years ago, after coming back from deployment.

I just started as a fun thing to do with my wife at our house, but it was a mistake. It led me to where I am now, and I'm so mad I let myself get this way.

>this Reddit thread
>hasn't done anything yet but expects praises just for having taken a decision
You'll never make it as long as you rely on this sort of quick gratification OP

Oh I know this thread isn't enough, but some support is pretty helpful. Trying to do it by myself with self-medication, wasn't working. I realize I have a long way to go, but I need to take it a day at a time.

I got my chicken cooked already for the day, food scale, and cal app all ready to go. (I've had that stuff forever) Your words have helped me by the way, thank you.

Better than staring at a bottle and giving in to your urges. If he comes back and says he fucked up and caved, we'll give him hell. Nothing wrong with some encouragement you exponentially huge faggot.

Sounds like it turned into a bit of a routine. Drinking is a routine for me as well, usually Friday and Saturday and sometimes including Thurs, but it hasnt caused me any real problems and I like it

Yeah it is a bit of a routine. Once the evening hits, I start to get urges. So I make a glass, and that in turn makes me play some games on my PC. That in turn keeps me drinking.

Funny enough, I don't have much motivation to game if I don't drink. I thinking gaming is an enabler as well, so I really want to break that cycle, ya know?

Ive been blazing for 3 years and moved town, hard to find somr weed and ive needed something to feel that buzz, definetely not a good idea. When u start drinking alone u become an alcoholic

i've been sober for 2 fucking years and don't go around looking for pats on the fucking back. fuck outta here with this day-0 self congratulation shit

you're going to relapse and get even fatter you failure. hope your liver bleeds.

262 days sober here. Take it one day at a time and keep yourself busy. Idle time is your worst enemy. I know it sounds stupid but my life has improved so much in these last couple of months that I've been sober, it's crazy. Now I'm actually looking forward to all that lies ahead.

I know how you feel man. As for myself I was 20 years old when I would first start shaking uncontrollably after a heavy night of drinking (I could polish off half a bottle of Jameson in a night) and I understand the uncertainty and pain that you might be feeling now but just know that you're gonna fucking make it and I'm rooting for you.

If you can't motivate yourself you won't make it. Your mind and opinions are all that really matters to you OP. I hope you can pull this off

>I just started as a fun thing to do with my wife at our house, but it was a mistake. It led me to where I am now, and I'm so mad I let myself get this way.
I started with an ex when she thought it would help me wind down after work and its kinda spiraled from there. I have to set myself a rule to only drink when I've got people physically around me.

Yeah man, that is a good idea. I never drank by myself before, but once that started, it got real back real quick. I think my wife and myself enable each other a bit, and we both agree we need to stop doing that.

*pats u on head* well done user

I went from drinking everyday to once on the weekends, but i can't stop until I'm blackout drunk. I'm thinking about should kick it all together cause i get dangerously confident and do and say such fucking stupid shit.

What do non drinkers do instead on nightouts? I'm thinking a xanax and some sparkling water would be pretty decent if you only did it every other week

See my thing is I stay home and drink, which I think is far worse. Perhaps find something you do while you are out that can't or doesn't involve drinking?

drinking alone is like drinking with other people but with less people, you pathetic needy fag

I mostly did it with games. I won't lie, it made games super fun and I stand by that. Without drinking, I barely feel like playing nowadays. I want to break that, and enjoy either without the other.

stop making threads and actually do something you tremendous faggot

>needing external motivation from neckbeard 18 year olds on a Himalayan competitive underwater basketweaving forum

Just kys my man

My 2 cents on the subject. 2 years sober, very happy about being sober and active member of AA.

Only you can decide if you an alcoholic.

Drinking on you own or with other is no confirmation of being an alcoholic.

Being an alcoholic really comes down to a lack of ability to control your drinking and chasing the illusion that one day you will be able to drink like "normal" people. 1 is too many, 100 isn´t enough.

Contact AA, go to a meeting and shut up and listen.

Don´t expect your life to change overnight, but if you do the work and your life will improve beyond measure.

Did u go through withdrawal?

my problem with vidya these days is that theres just not enough time to play anymore. How are you supposed to invest 500 hours into a good game when you have maybe 10 hours to play each week? I usually just end up bumming around with low time investment games that are more time wasters than fun games and good stories.
need to find out how to go NEET again.

Attached: 1542754172413.jpg (216x234, 11K)

It works if you work it, fuck nigga.

Well it´s true, Not just in AA, but in the rest of life as well. Whatever you want, good bod, success, money. It works if you work it. It´s not rocket science

Fuck man I’m blocked from uploading pics u know the addict all or nothing mentality I am covered in tattoos and I m big as shit fuck man really tryna flex out here got my glow in the dark 1 year key tag matter a fact I am sitting in a meeting ight now

Well done on getting your Yeah chip.

Took years of relapsing man was a proud moment to have my family come to my one year

>
Back at u tho bro it works

Lifting has been a staple in my rocovery wbu?

Mmm, not as bad as alcoholics that have been drinking for years. I would wake up and have shakey hands and feel like shit for most of the day sometimes, and other days not so much. But after watching some videos on alcoholics, I noticed they had similar withdrawal symptoms, and honestly, it scared the shit out of me. I feel just fine right now.

Yeah, with a family now and school and work, the motivation isn't there. I don't like playing for a half an hour, I like to play for hours on end. It isn't worth it anyways.

Thank you for your advice, as I've thought about going to AA. I just want this damn urge to go away. I think if I get a few weeks down, including weekends, it will, as I've heard some say. But I don't want to be naive and think I'm cured or something if I do good for a few weeks.

Well done man. Keep going.

My "suggestion" is don´t fuck about and procrastinate for a few more weeks, Get to a meeting tomorrow.

You are never "cured" if you are an alcoholic you will always be one until you die. At lot of people have trouble accepting that, but it´s much easier if you can accept it.

I can accept that. I mean almost everyone has some addiction to something, whether it is drugs, sex, boos, games, working, fitness, whatever.

I'd rather admit my problem and beat it, as be defensive about it and let it take over my life.

By the way, usually my urge to drink is really strong at this time of night, but I think talking with you all is helping, as I honestly have no desire to go make a cup. Thanks guys.

My trigger was always about 8pm. I could get up early, work all day, do study after work, tell myself all day that I woundnt drink, then about 8pm something would flick in head and i would be in the car going for a 6 pack. For me a drink was always seen as a reward. But in truth, good news, bad news, good day, bad day, success, failure, boredom, excitement all of those were a good reason to justify a drink.

I very very rarely took a morning drink, rarely drank and drove, didn´t end up in hospital, prison for more than one night, homeless or in detox. But these are my "yets" the kind of shit that would probably happen if i started drinking again.
For years I was couldnt understand why i kept drink to the point of blackout almost every day, now AA has given me the answer, i´m an alcoholic. I have a answer and now i know i can happily move on.

Get your ass to a meeting asafp.

NAC
tudca

Take for 2-3 months to repair your liver better

This is the AA "Just for today" card, kinds sums up the AA program in a few sentences, My "suggestion" copy it, save it, read it.

Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do something for twelve hours that would appall me if I felt that i had to keep it up for a lifetime.

Just for today I will be happy. Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.

Just for today I will adjust myself to what is, and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my 'luck' as it comes, and fit myself to it.

Just for today I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study. I will learn something useful. I will not be a mental loafer.I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.

Just for today I will exercise my soul in three ways: I will do somebody a good turn, and not get found out; if anybody knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don't want to do - just for exercise. I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt; they may be hurt, but today I will not show it.

Just for today I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly, talk low, act courteously, criticize not one bit, not find fault with anything and not try to improve or regulate anybody except for myself.

Just for today I will have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but i will have it. I will save myself from two pests: hurry and indecision.

Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself, and relax. During this half hour, sometime, I will try to get a better perspective of my life.

Just for today I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me.

I stopped playing video games a few years ago when i stopped weed

It seemed boring when I would play them and the associations of playing games gave me the urge to smoke.

An ad the years have passed they just seem sort of pointless and childish

you got it!
youtube.com/watch?v=7jTGVx2ATLI

Wow it's me
On LMAO one day but I actually want it this time.
Really looking forward to actually having my lifts go up, and sleeping 8 hours a night

Alcoholic here, quit drinking a few years ago. Here's some direction about booze:

1. Remove all booze from your residence.
2. Don't drink one day at a time.
3. The first few months are going to suck as your body deals with withdrawal and you wrangle with the absence of booze; power through.
4. It's not exactly a matter of willpower, it's more a matter of resetting habit patterns.
5. Don't listen to faggots on Jow Forums.

I wouldn't worry about being super meticulous with eating a deficit yet, dealing with the alcoholism is going to be annoying enough. Do hit the gym though. Building positive habits and filling time should help.