Can anyone recommend me a solid PPL program...

Can anyone recommend me a solid PPL program, ideally programmed by someone who knows what they're doing with suggestions for accessory lifts included?

I tried pic related for a few days and I'm really liking it so far, but I can't help but feel like it's incomplete.

I just want to put on mass and gain some functional strength, bros.

Attached: ppl.jpg (1200x1187, 216K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/gMUfM#selection-2225.7-2225.24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no trap or real delt
>no abs
>no calves
>all there excessive leg exercises

A
Squat
Bench
Row

B
Press
Deadlift
Squat

>isolation movements

Lol

Squats and oats

Well, a lot of these are compound movements, user.

This is kind of the opposite of what I was asking for.

>deadlift
>legs

Attached: 1527542405080.gif (500x346, 471K)

"rows" no trap or rear delt
"abs" isolating abs in 2k18 just lol
"calve raises" no calves

HOW THE FUCK
do people still do leg extensions and curls and other meme shit
when you're already done with heavy squat sets, heavy deadlift sets and a lunge sets

Push
(OHP, incline press, flat bench) rotate these first 3s order, lateral raises, dips, tricep extensions, front delts raises, upper chest cable flies, one arm cable tricep extension, side delts cable raises, lower chest cable flies, bent over rope cable triceps extension variant, front delts cable raises, chest fly, skull crusher variant, dumbbell ohp dropsets

Pull
Rows, preacher curl, rear delt raises, lat pulldown, spider curl, cable rear delt raises, low row, hammer curl, face pulls, pull ups, curl variant dropsets

Legs
I improvise

I hear you, dude. Why do you think I'm looking around for alternatives

Thanks for the contribution user

Do you do all of the pull exercises every session or mainly just the first 3?

Sorry, meant all of the push exercises. It seems kind of unbalanced towards this side.

Swap row and press

if you did ALL of pic related for a few days and it wasnt effective, theres something else wrong here

because pic related isnt a set, its just a list of exercises. doing ALL of that routinely, is honestly almost too much, and SHOULD leave you completely fucked up.

why didnt it, should be the first question here?

>all that push volume
YIKES

Attached: 5D4BC57B-D666-4030-8C63-7366BA878696.jpg (473x495, 167K)

>suggestions for accessory lifts included?
accessory lifts are specific. like something you want or need to improve on, then you add a accessory lift. like hiptrust if you have weak glutes or more biceps of you want some tickets to the gunshow

My favourite ppl routine is Blaha's ice-cream fitness

Here's my routine, it's pretty nice for me but then I have shit legs.

PLP

Push

Barbell Bench Press: bar warmup 2x10-12, 30% 2x8-10, 40% 2x6-8, 70% 1x6, 80% 1x1, 85% 1x5, then I either try a 95% 1x1 or go for a new 1RM, depends how I feel that day
Overhead Press: bar 1x8, 50% 1-2x6, 85% 1x4, go for 1RM, depends how I feel that day
Incline DB Press: 3x8
DB Front Raise: 3x8
DB Bent Over Raise: 3x8
Dips: weighted 1x3, 1x6, bodyweight 1x10
Tricep Pushdowns: 3x10
Cable Flys: 3x12

Legs

Barbell High Bar Squat: warmup, then 50% 1x5, 70% 1x5, 80% 3x5 and go for 90% AMRAP.
Calf raises machine: 12x12-14
Leg Press: 4x8 work up to 5RM, try and go for the 6th rep always.

Pull

Deadlift: 60% 1x3, 70% 1x3, 80% 1x2, 90% 1x1, 95% 1x1, go for new 1RM like once a month usually.
Klokov Press: bar warmup, 60% 1x6, 85% AMRAP, 1RMx1, 70% AMRAP
Pull-ups: 3x10 or 3xamrap weighted
Hammer Curls: 3x8
Back Extension: 3x8 weighted
or
Extension Holds: 4x weighted
Seated Rows: 3x10
Hip Thrusts: 4x8
Supinated pre-loaded meme-barbell curls: 3x10
Face Pulls: 3x10-12

That's my base routine currently and I change it sometimes to suit my needs. Pull is switched with Legs to allow for Squats before Deadlifts, as they are less taxing on the lower back. I often skip accessories and do core work instead or practice oly movements. Currently my PLP is intertwined with Smolov Jr for Front Squats, so I do Smolov over PLP but keep what I can and don't Deadlift for the duration of Smolov.

I got to 315 bench in one year and 3 weeks that way, always have my buddy spot me so I can push myself till failure. However, I have shit legs and can't train them for shit because my paused ATG high bar squat is like 275 1RM. I fucked up my back for two months and only now I'm back to lower body lifts like before. Weak ass legs I'm trying to fix with smolov. Deadlift is 380 in oly shoes, I have overdeveloped lower back compared to my legs. Stats are after 13 months of training, now at 5'11, 180 bw.

Attached: 47683894_2043618419018204_6298579946289758208_n.jpg (545x693, 14K)

Okay, that makes sense.

I was thinking, though, lifts like deadlift benefit a lot from adding certain exercises to the side like shrugs, close-stance squats with a pause at the bottom, etc. So a good program might have some suggestions for these kinds of accessory lifts built in that you can consult if you find yourself stalling in your lift, or which you can maybe cycle through at the end of your workout.

On the first day I didn't feel like benching so I did 70 pushups (silly, I know, but I enjoyed it), OHP for 3 sets, incline DB press for 3 sets, chest flys for 2 sets, side laterals for 2 sets, push downs and tricept extentions for 2 sets and felt mostly fine.

On the second day I did barbell rows, pullups and DB rows for 3 sets, lat pulldowns, concentration curls and chinups for 2 sets and again felt fine.

Similar story for the third day. So I did skip some exercises I felt were redundant. And again, this large amount of volume definitely contributes to me feeling that the program is incomplete, which is why I'm looking for an alternative.

>Okay, that makes sense.
>I was thinking, though, lifts like deadlift benefit a lot from adding certain exercises to the side like shrugs, close-stance squats with a pause at the bottom, etc. So a good program might have some suggestions for these kinds of accessory lifts built in that you can consult if you find yourself stalling in your lift, or which you can maybe cycle through at the end of your workout.
find a solid base, stick to it. then add the lifts you want and think you need

I feel like this would take 20 minutes even with generous rest time

Do PHUL, op. Feels very complete and will keep you going until you find the perfect ppl program

Thanks, this is great inspiration.

I try to do as many as I have time for for each session I put my most important lifts first, the rest is extra. On push I'd say first 5 are essential though

I like the look of this program, but does it really work to put power and hypertrophy in the same week?

The ways I've seen it programmed before it was always in separate cycles.

Okay so I searched around a bit and found something on Reddit. How does this sound to you guys?

PULL
Deadlifts 1x5+/Barbell rows 4x5, 1x5+ (alternate, so if you did deadlifts on Monday, you would do rows on Thursday, and so on)
3x8-12 Pulldowns OR Pullups OR chinups
3x8-12 seated cable rows OR chest supported rows
5x15-20 face pulls
4x8-12 hammer curls
4x8-12 dumbbell curls

PUSH
4x5, 1x5+ bench press/4x5, 1x5+ overhead press (alternate in the same fashion as the rows and deadlifts)
3x8-12 overhead press/3x8-12 bench press (do the opposite movement: if you bench pressed first, overhead press here)
3x8-12 incline dumbbell press
3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

LEGS
2x5, 1x5+ squat
3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift
3x8-12 leg press
3x8-12 leg curls
5x8-12 calf raises

I'll almost certainly be substituting exercises that require machines with other analogue exercises until they finish building a new fitness center in the end of january that I want to try.

Big movements will be AMRAP, I'll have 1-2 rest days a week, depending on how destroyed I feel I guess, rest days will always be after legs.

And then what I'll probably do is run 3 weeks of 3x5 every other month, or something like this. I have to figure out what frequency I think is best for fitting strength in there. And then of course do progressive overloads on the heavy lifts as long as I'm seeing progress, and stick with slightly lower weights on the accessory lifts like the calf raises, curls and facepulls.

I'd up the DL volume. Other than that it's a solid program.

That's all the validation I need.

Imma go ahead and pull the trigger on this.

>routine without front squats or lunges
>has leg press and leg extension/curl memes

Attached: 1542868664043.jpg (641x530, 25K)

You thought that was a program? It doesn’t even have reps and sets. It’s just an example of what exercises to do on those days

Hey, speaking of front squat.

Is there any downside to doing the arms folded holding the bar method of front squatting? I don't have the wrist and finger mobility to do the classic variation.

yeah... I kinda did, lol

I guess I figured it was a very free-form way of programming, so I just did the exercises I could perform with my own equipment and went for 3-2 sets. Honestly it didn't feel bad at all.

I definitely will be sticking with a more defined program in the future, though.

Not per se, it just feels a lot less comfortable to me. But to each their own. Some people say it has stability downsides though.

On the pull days
If you do chinups, depending on the grip, it will overlap with one of the curls, so use that slot for farmer walks
Very low deadlift volume (for 6 day/week)
Never understood why 5x12-20 for facepulls when most of the isolation is 3x8-12

On push days
Flys wouldn't hurt
Don't understand the lat raises here, instead of on pull days
Kinda low bench volume (for 6 day/week)

For leg days
RDL are kinda redundant with leg curls
I'd put some leg raises here

If you're doing PPLPPLx, then it's only a rest day/week.

The progression for the +5 sets is, if you complete all the reps, bump the weight by 5lbs (10 for squat/DL). If you fail, reset the weight -10% and work back up
For the 8-12 sets, once you complete 12 reps for each set, then bump the weight. If you fail to complete 8 reps on each set, lower the weight.

My routine modified from Coolciacada's to target specific weak areas and for aesthetics:

PUSH

OHP
Lateral Raise
Incline Bench
Pec Deck Flys
BB Shrugs

PULL

Cable Upright Rows
Face Pulls
Lat Pull-downs
Rear Delt Rows
Bicep Curls - I vary between cable (EZ bar and straight), incline DB, and BB- usually stick to cable thought as quickest to do drop sets with.
Cable Reverse Curls

LEGS

Squats
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Leg Press
Calf Press on Leg Press Machine

For isolations, I aim for 4x8-12 depending on how I feel. For compounds 4x5

Attached: 1441672664865.jpg (557x732, 98K)

Use straps

Push: Chest, triceps, shoulders
Pull: Back, biceps
Legs

Google exercises for each one

If i wanted to pick 1 exercise from each of these categories and do pplpplx how many sets should i do just for general "hey user you lift weights, right" purposes?

Attached: 1493761614543.jpg (250x220, 6K)

Not OP, but I've been looking at PHUL. I've noticed each version of it I've seen has seated calf machine on it, but my gym doesn't have one. What's an alternative, or should I just stack some plates in my lap and do it that way?

Probably 5-10.

And make sure they're good exercise choices.

would ppl with high volume be best if I only have dumbbells (both go up to 60 lbs) and a pull-up bar
can't imagine doing 5x5 with not so heavy weights

PPL seems dumb to me. How can you do any of those exercises enough to actually progress? Especially in ohp and bench. You shouldnt do both of those in the same session which means you'd have to do one every two weeks

I'd assume its 9-15 sets, so it isn't taking 20 minutes unless you do baby weight.

ppl usually looks like this

m w t t f s s
p p l x p p l
x p p l x p p
l x p p l x p

So you get two push and two pull in every week for the most part. And who says you can't overhead press and bench press in the same session?

> And who says you can't overhead press and bench press in the same session?
Just about everyone? Unless you half ass one of them you should be too fatigued to do the other effectively. When I'm done with benching I can maybe do a set of ohp, and vice versa.

>20 minutes
dyel spotted.

>just about everyone.
nice work capacity bro. step on the treadmill fat ass. i OHP after i bench no problem

Push Day
OHP 4X8-12 (2 sets of Warm up before it)
Superset Cable Extensions 4X12
Arnold Press
Superset Dips (Weighted if I feel like it) 4X12
Military Press 4X8-12
Superset Single Arm Cable Extensions 4X12
Bench Press 8X8-12 (A mix of Decline and Incline, usually the former)

Pull Day
Upright Rows 4X10-12
Superset with Barbell Curls 4X10 (Light weight, mostly just 65)
Lat Pulldowns 8X12 (4 Sets Wide Grip, 4 Sets Close Grip)
Superset with Bicep Curls or a variant 4X10
Pendlay Rows 8X12 (4 at heavy weight, 4 at light weight, usually between 225,175,and 135 depending on how I feel so far)
Superset Spider Curls 4X8-12
Dumbell Side Lateral Raises 4X 10-12 (I think thats what they are called. I bend over, with 40-45 pound dumbbells, and flap like a bird.

I also do weighted pullups, but I usually save that for home while i play video games. I prefer to do the exercises I can only do in the gym...at the gym.

Legs

Barbell Squats 12X 15-25 (usually 3 at 175 as a warmup, 3 at 225, and 3 at 275 or 320, depending on how I feel that day.

Superset with Hanging leg raises (No really set amounts. Just do as many as I feel like doing.

Deadlifts 10-12X 8-10 ( I stay around 225-275 because I don't want a back injury.

Repeat, with either a break Sunday or a random time of the week if I need to do something (So generally only 1 break per week)

You can also replace the cables with Dumbell Movements. I prefer cables because working triceps are very awkward with dumbbells and barbells.

PPL is fundamentally wrong.
>training your upper half twice as much as lower half
>thinking this will lead to a balanced physique

user who the heck has a 1:1 ratio of upper/lower movements regardless of program

>or should I just stack some plates in my lap and do it that way?
why not? Same thing. Sit on the corner of a bench, stack up and go.

archive.is/gMUfM#selection-2225.7-2225.24

>inb4 reddit

Your lower half has fewer functions than your upper half and so can be trained with fewer movements.

the program hardly matters as long as you're consistent. you're not a special snowflake

The template you have in your pic is fine I'd just put DL on legs day but I'd do something like this:
>Push
Flat bench
OHP
Flies
Dips
Band Pull starts
Lateral Raises
>Pull
Barbell rows
Curls
Pull ups
Pullovers
>Legs
Squats(main focus)
Deadlift variation
Hamstring curls
Donkey calf raise
Sissy squats
Abs
>Rinse and Repeat Push/Pull
>Legs 2
Deadlift(main focus)
Front Squat
Back extension/Good mornings/Reverse Hyper
Abs
Donkey calf raises

No man that's just an exercise selection, where you should pick 2-3 for your main lift so it doesn't tap into recovery. Accessories dont matter as long as you get enough volume in depending on what your aiming for. The main focus is the compounds and weight being added to the bar.

Man that's not the program that's just exercise selection. Omg OP you better be at least an intermediate lifter and I mean at least 2 years lifting before you try programming yourself. I cant believe regards actually think that pic is saying do all exercises in the OP pic. That's not the program it's an exercise selection. If it were the program it would have prescribed sets, reps, %'s etc. This fucking board is retarded.

What kind of rotation have you been doing?

I've been doing pic related or 4 months and thoroughly enjoying it. My autistic brain likes the 7 day rotation.

Attached: routine.png (617x195, 16K)

I've been running this for a couple months after my 1x5+ DL I do 3x8-12 Deads

You could do a beginners oly program for a while.

M: Snatch 3x5, Clean and Jerk 3x5 (70-80%1rm)
T: High bar squat 3x5, Bench press 3x5, Pendalay Rows 3x5
Th: Snatch 3x5, Clean and Jerk 3x5 (90% or more)
F: Front Squat 3x5, Overhead Press 3x5, Romanian Deadlift 3x5

That's not a program. That's a list

I'm not going to say I know what I'm doing, but this is what I have been doing and it's been working great for me (progressing on all my lifts).
>Push: 5x5 bench, 3x5 OHP, 4x12-14 tricep pushdown, 3x12 lateral side raises, 3xAMRAP dips
>Legs: 4x6 squat, 3x6 deadlift, 3x12 calf raise
>Pull: Pullups 3xAMRAP, 3x6 bentover BBrow, 4x12 curls (varying combo of close-grip or wide-grip barbell, preacher, hammer), 3x25 shrugs, 3x14 facepulls, 1xpullup amrap
I do P,L,P,X to space out the arm work because my shoulders start hurting otherwise.

i feel this way about people who do flat bench, incline bench, and ohp in the same day (i tried this for a while following coolcicada's program) but just doing 2 of those 3 isn't too hard. and if you're concerned about it just flip between doing the other one first.

I started doing the reddit ppl recently, doing it 6 days a week pplpplx. I like it so far but the only thing I have troubles with is how it has romanian deadlifts and normal deadlifts on consecutive days. Am I supposed to do the romanian deadlifts with really low weight to make it easier?

Let me specify what I meant. The template in the OP pic is fine meaning do the compounds and choose 2-3 accessories in that list. I apologize for your autism.

Yeah, I wonder this too. But I don’t think the classic lifts hit same muscles as leg curls and extensions, especially hams. What do you do instead?