I'm fast approaching 1/2/3/4 but my physique looks terribly unaesthetic. Will it look good when I reach those numbers...

I'm fast approaching 1/2/3/4 but my physique looks terribly unaesthetic. Will it look good when I reach those numbers? What did you look like when you first got there?

Attached: 5a20e74e1df8c345d35aede14a3bd506.jpg (800x1236, 110K)

Post body user. Not memeing, you could have a classic case of body dysmorphia.

this
We can't give you advice if we can't see what you're working with.

No you won't look aesthetic. Building an aesthethic body takes years.
Pic related is what I looked like after 1 year of training at reaching 1/2/3/4

Attached: 1234.jpg (636x749, 52K)

1/2/3/4 should be your 5 rep max, not 1 rep max.

I think he knows.

I wouldn't say I look particularly aesthetic now (after two years) either but I never really did a cut lol

Attached: now.jpg (2318x2939, 224K)

Nah you look pretty good.
You just need to train abs more and do some hypertrophy accessory work.

You are doing pretty good, but that guy in the background has you beat.

1/2/3/4 it is amout of plates on each side of bar, right?

OP here. I weigh 165lbs btw. Should my weight be going up or down on the road to 1/2/3/4?

Attached: 20181206_020927.jpg (1271x2278, 1.35M)

yes 60 100 140 180kg

Here's a shitty side profile.

Attached: 20181206_020854.jpg (963x1802, 786K)

Looks good, just need more abs definition and you will get every pussy around you.

>I'm fast approaching
What does this mean?

looking thick, tight, solid. Keep us updated on your continued progress

135lbs ohp 1rm
195lbs bench press 5rm
265lbs squat 5rm
And I literally just hit 3plate deadlift. It's my weakest area but it's what I'm working on the most. A month ago it was 30lbs lower.

I’m 2345, Not really aesthetic bc basically bloatlife but would probably be better if I cut (probably lack the willpower though).
Aesthetics imo is just uncontrollable factors like height and face with a decently low bf% and some muscle mass which you should be looking to grow over time anyway

>just need more abs definition
Fucking this, please don't believe the meme that compounds will take care of your abs, that's the most nefarious lie on Jow Forums

fuck you. your arms are literally my goal. but the rest of your body looks like absolute shit. literally fuck you. my arms look like fucking fat noodles but the rest of my body looks aesthetic as fuck. i hate you. i hate all the dyels with great arms and shitty legs/torso

but they literally do.

How do you get an aesthetic body but "fat noodle" arms?

They do, but not in a way like abs targeted exercises.

>the meme that compounds will take care of your abs
They will but only if you lift enough weight.

You have good arms, just build that chest and abs and you're good.

this, until you reach 4/5pl8s in squat/deadlift, stick to your leg raises and cable crunches

How do you have such big arms?

Idk, I only curl like twice a month. I'm benching about twice a week but clearly it still needs improvement.

Even if you could do 1234 for reps, that still doesn't mean you'll have a good looking body. It takes at least 2 years and a lot of accessory+reps+genetics+height+body fat to actually look good.

Caught ya mirin

Attached: 20181206_124511.jpg (389x394, 73K)

Please tell me youre doing accessories with your strength training right

kek

how close to 1/2/3/4 are you? Pic related I'm pretty much sitting exactly at it for 5 reps currently, I do some accessory work obviously too. No pump and tried to be as relaxed as possible. I've neglected delts though and pretty much done nothing but OHP for them thanks to an old injury which I feel isn't worth teasing just for aesthetics sake. 6 feet tall

Attached: body.jpg (2694x2583, 805K)

gib program

I've been lifting for around a year. Had some sports background but no lifting. Started with SS for like 3-4 months (though I only squatted twice a week instead of 3 times), then switched to PPL. I started as a skelly (68kg then, 85kg now) and would definitely recommend SS for anyone else who starts from scratch, just make sure to actually eat shit ton. I bulked like 10kg in my first 3 months of lifting

I switched to PPL but kept strength focus because I felt like grinding for hypertrophy is half meaningless unless you can actually grind it with considerable weight. So my push was
>bench 3x5
>incline bench 3xf
>flies 3xf
>skullcrushers 3x~8
>two more tricep movements of my choosing

I did OHP on leg day because I felt like going heavy on both bench and OHP in the same day was impossible. I stalled on bench around 80kg working set so I simply deloaded and increased volume, added two more sets with lighter weight and more reps after the initial 3x5. I probably should've added more volume a lot earlier but oh well

For pull I did
>3x5 chin-ups
>3x5 rows
>3xf lat pulldowns
>3xf cablerows
>3 different bicep exercises of my choosing 3xf, pretty much did whatever I felt like. Sometimes focused on forearms more because I have bitch-wrists, sometimes just biceps. For legs I just did OHP deads squats and core work

I'll probably switch to upper/lower now

>15-20% bodyfat
>why do I look like shit reee
retard

Minus 20kg from all of that

>train abs
absolute fucking lmaooo

Attached: 1542000112998.jpg (638x1000, 92K)

>he enjoys being limited on his squat and deadlift by his core
Training abs improves both your heaviest lifts, as well as improving aesthetics. Why the fuck wouldn’t you train them?

Lifting for strength >>> lifting for hypertrophy

>not mentioning the sexual benefits
core is hella important for slaying pussy as well
real niggas know what I'm talking about

1/2/3/4 isn't impressive and has never been, it's a milestone and nothing else.

>muh dick

You look good dude. You're not by any means a bodybuilder but if you work on your abs a bit you'll look like a slick ottermode.

Lifting for aesthetics >>>>>

What the fuck is the point of hitting 1/2/3/4 if everyone in this thread look dyel to normies. Sorry brahs but SS is a fucking meme

It represents a year or so of consistent hard work. It is impressive. You're never going to be impressed if you compare everything to the best it could possibly be. Of course 1/2/3/4 isn't impressive when you've been to a powerlifting meet or watched WSM. But if you travel all the local gyms and look at what people are benching squatting and deadlifting, 1/2/3/4 is the top 10% for everywhere.

post body

1/2/3/4 is the bars minimum. you dont look good until 2/3/4/5

dude u were looking great just more conditioning and ab workout

what are you, fucking gay?
why would i have cut at such low progress, i don‘t want to look like a sissy twink like you probably do

You look fine. Hit strength over the winter and start cutting in March, you’ll look really good after a cut.
Body dismorphia never goes away, but you can also try a hypertrophy program while cutting.

OP here, these are my lifts rn.
As you can see I neglected my dl a lot in the past but just recently said fuck it and it's been going up pretty fast.

>SS
Please. 531 or fuck off.

>approaching 1/2/3/4
>bulk for 6 months
>first time I've stuck to lifting longer than a week
>unaesthetic af
>silently just wanna slowly shred until I'm lifejacked at 60 and still completely alone and unfulfilled

I'm thinking once I reach 1/2/3/4 I'm just gonna switch my program to 531 BBB and stay on it until I'm satisfied with how I look

Your chest is a bit small