Do you guys think human strength will ever approach that of a Gorilla?

Do you guys think human strength will ever approach that of a Gorilla?

Through drugs, genetic engineering, evolution etc?

Any historical legends of men approaching this strength?

Attached: blocks your path.jpg (1000x666, 366K)

yes of course, can't you understand how anatomically similar we are to other apes?
WE'RE PRACTICALLY IDENTICAL AND ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME. EXACTLY.
Just look at them compared to us!
Let that sink in for a moment. I know, it's a lot.

The question is not "can humans get stronger" but "can humans get smarter".
Judging by OP, evidently not.

Never. The world is shifting and even though many are going towards fitness; only the lucky freaks achieve massive numbers. We're as fragile as we've ever been and the need to be strong only gets smaller as tech advances.

I'm certain I could beat a gorilla in a fight. Hook that fucker! Oh yeah! Bam! He's out!

With all the drama about Chinese genetic engineering I could see them some how impregnating a women with engineered gorilla sperm. Use said offspring to wreak havoc at the next Tienanmen square protest.

The next tank man will be a Chinese student being beaten by his own torn off limbs.

Athletes are getting stronger every year and steroids are getting better. Eddie Hall just broke the Diddly record a couple of years back. So in the future, someone will match the deadlift of a gorilla.

Gorillas are stronger than bears, there should be a TV show for these types of "challenges" though

>genetic engineering
All he did was fucking try to build HIV immunity and doctors say even that was unsuccessful.

> GET STRONG ENOUGH TO MATCH GORILLA AND LIFT HEAVY SHIT
or
> GET SMART ENOUGH TO MATCH ANCIENT PHILOSOPHERS AND INVENT A CURE TO CANCER AND COLONISE SPACE AND SHIEET

a gorilla would get btfo by a bear

We have the ability to make stronger/smarter babies but every one is still crying about the ethics of it when really its just resentment and jealousy.

Now if we had the ability to genetically engineer mature adults all these ethical qualms outside of religious groups would disappear.

user we aren't that far yet. Experts literally say the engineered foetus is very probably fucked.

Biomed majour here. The technology they used (CRISPR/Cas9 if you want to do any reading up on it) is actually quite sophisticated. It can very accurately identify sections of the genes and cut them out and using other proteins we can insert new genes or edits to that gene. The only issue with it is that we aren't 100% confident on its selectivity. It could just go around and fuck up a lot of other genes other than the intended one. But I reckon within a few decades we would or at least could be there.

I dont know, gorillas have more muscle and even stronger bite force, while bears just have more weight. I've read some comparisons where the gorilla would get fucked over on one swipe, but you have countless humans survive bear attacks.

There are so few gorilla attacks that its hard to make a comparison

What everyone is forgetting is that lifestyle accounts for a lot. And humans aint no wild animals.
Granted, through training they can get stronger, but gorillas have such different neurochemistry that for a human to be vaguely similar would probably mess them up mentally/emotionally and make them unfit to be integrated into society.
Humans are meek and tolerant, a byproduct of large social groups/tribe with complicated structure and a lot of compromise.
Gorillas dont have to deal with the stress, hassle, or even communication/expression problems.

Being more like a gorilla would make you less human, behaviourally and functionally.

Is that what you want?

>not radically changing your neurology to ascend from mere humanity
Never gonna make it

Attached: 657569.jpg (600x600, 34K)

>Any historical legends of men approaching this strength?
Even 50-100 years ago, even average men were much, much stronger than we are today. Not to mention going even further back.

Imagine doing 12 hour shifts with a 20 lbs (and heavier) sledge hammer. And those were the malnourished manlets during the Industrial Revolution.

No. We are anatomically very different from great apes, both macro and microscopically.

you're talking about ascending from mere humanity by regressing into a prior state.
R E C A P I T U L A T I O N

Bears beat pretty much everyone. Lions, Tigers, Gorillas, bulls, doesn't matter. One swipe = broken skull or broken neck.

SSBtYWRlIHlvdSByZWFkIHRoaXM=

Attached: images.png (225x225, 3K)

yes, i was being sarcastic mate, haha.
upon a cursory examination, it should be obvious that there are certain vast unspannable distances/differences in our phsiology

Old time workers were bad ass when shit like pic related was common

Attached: LunchAtopASkyscraper.jpg (728x410, 48K)

Ach shit sorry m8.

The differences are fascinating though. We can even pinpoint specific genes that have been modified and result in smaller/less dense fibers in our muscles.

just search for "people are awesome" to see all the cool shit we traded in gorilla-strength for.
protip: its a lot more than any gorilla could ever do

it goes a bit deeper than muscular, but sure.

It was only an example, smartass.

Attached: 377897e37245bdc3.png (649x358, 201K)

yes, so was what I said.

Custodesposting?

We never had gorilla strength, they are relatives. Early humans almost went extinct and we likely migrated to a place with little natural predators where intelligence was the deciding factor of survival.

We were probably stronger on average but no where near other wild animals.

If you're so smart why don't you ennumerate all the differences and make a case?

You look at Gorilla Grodd and tell me its regression

Attached: gg.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

>wasting time on Jow Forums - the posts.

Gorilla will beat that giant baby to pulp easily

Monkey paw
Strong as a gorilla, but dick as small as a gorilla

Would you guys do it?

my pecs mog the shit out of this manlet lmao nice forearms idiot

oh yeah, you are quite right there. I got excited for no reason
obviously, anatomically and behaviourally modern humans do not compare. hence, this thread and all discussion in it seems like little children wanting to be superman, when they should aspire to be socrates, plato, or buddha instead

yes because i want to spend all my time on a Kyrgyzstani soap eating enthusiast imageboard talking about the differences between gorillas and humans to a bunch of strangers and psychopaths/sociopaths on a board dedicated to discussing human fitness... and i forgot my point.
but needless to say, there are major fields regarding mammalian physiology. bone. nerve. neurochemistry. behaviour. and so on.
tldr: I aint getting paid for this shit

yup. its regression Bob.

What's your academic background bro?

Actually it's the complete opposite - everywhere we migrated animals magically went extinct, be it predators or not

I read that Jesus of Nazareth could bench 395, but legend has it he wasn't natty.

i dropped out of uni lel

Mirin those forearms. Now I know the inspiration for Popeye.

Attached: becomeonewiththepaint.gif (645x773, 3K)

ayyy

which grade tho

>eat tons of spinach as a kid cause popeye
>Never notice any thing except my poop was extremely green

Now pic related on the other hand made my aroma mog every one.

Attached: soy.jpg (277x182, 10K)

That would be a big deal.

We should engineer people that can have their fertility turned on and off.

You mean and

we didn't come here to talk about me, we came here to talk bout gorillas

not really.
LIMITED HUMAN POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT WHAT IS IT
you been playing too many games kid.
Shit's mutually exclusive.

Elephants ;)

No all he did was lie about doing anything to get press

There used to be a show on discovery channel I think that did exactly this. Put different animals against each other, it was basically deadliest warrior but for animals. Forgot what it was called

No it's not

HOW DO I GET THOSE FOREARMS?

hahaha. okay kid. riddle me this:

what is the human brain. how many parts does it have. how is it affected by the development of the body. why lose advantageous characteristics like physical strength.
what could possibly be the drawbacks of huge strength?
how does one become mentally, emotionally and socially adjusted. what is the relationship between hormones and behaviour.
why did David beat Goliath.
why was Jacob favoured over Esau.
why arent humans getting bigger and huger.
how does physical characteristic, behaviour and conditioning affect social skills.
how is the human brain specifically adapted to human behaviour, what is different about human behaviour and the behaviour of large animals such as gorillas. how are they comparable? what is the overlap.

etc.,

you're a trained gorilla warfare

>>>
> Anonymous 12/07/18(Fri)00:03:50 No.48634479▶
> (OP)
>HOW DO I GET THOSE FOREARMS?
10x300 tree grabs every day

O my falling to my death!

>t. gorilla
Fuck off back to your tree nigger

How many Brock Lesnars?

Attached: 10v100.webm (800x446, 1.41M)