Tfw fell for the BB row meme

>tfw fell for the BB row meme
>finally started seeing results with my back after switching to chinups and rack pulls

Why do we recommend this meme exercise to beginners again

Attached: kk.png (1320x659, 394K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XIbxBpMYifc
youtu.be/6XRhX6LHYwo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=XIbxBpMYifc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Where lies the fault? Learn the fucking exercise if you're a beginner, and shut the fuck up..

This exercise causes me a string of pain and trouble. Consequently I’ve only ever done weighted chins. Close grip Cable rows. And Machine rows. And my back is mental I’m quite happy with it. Also, I don’t see many guys chinning 20kgx15 @ 200lb bodyweight too often

My opinion about barbell rows is as follows: Fuck barbell rows. Really. Fuck them. Stop wasting time worrying about barbell rows and get your deadlift up to 500. By then you'll have your own opinion and you won't have to worry about mine.

Attached: 505CFFAB-9F0D-42D0-ABFD-D6EA13F9809E.jpg (800x533, 117K)

also have bad experience with the exercise. Itsoverrated imo, not a must have in the routine

based
cringe and smallbackpilled

I think ego makes people not want to learn this properly.

I know it was for me. Benching 100kg for reps with ease, but never doing Rows, then doing Rows, and barely being able to do 40kg properly, and I insisted on trying to do 60kg and injured myself.

Started them this week again, will be starting at 20kg max bar only and learning the form properly.

I like to do them alternating with normal grip and snatch grip. The snatch grip feels like it targets my traps really well.

I usually wear a belt when I do them and only max 60kg because I'm scared of hurting my back.

Damn Rip is still strong. I can't row that heavy yet for reps.

False. If I wasn’t happy with my back and thought this dumbshit broscience exercise was a magic pill, I’d probably still not do it

There’s cheating rows and then adding Body English to your rows. Here comes this kid BB rowing 510 lbs for 5 reps. He has a 900 lb DL.

Skip to 7:40
youtu.be/XIbxBpMYifc

weak faggots with scrawny backs and shit lifts spotted. you little pussy boys are always so easily identified.

Attached: 1527109140018.png (470x470, 412K)

>I cant do rows properly so therefore they're garbage
I hate this God damn board. Most of you are retarded

look at this fucking collection of doughboys. Jow Forums meet with riptoe

>weak faggots with scrawny backs and shit lifts spotted
you mean beginners?

because beginners should have a brain too. If the movement is designed to work your back and you only feel it is working your arms, take a step back and evaluate what you are doing.

I can’t even deadlift that.. maybe those rows work for him cause of those long ass arms he has? shit looks like I would hurt my back doing those

Minimalist who hates exercising here, but like to maintain some kind of physical ability, so I lift.

Right now I only do the big 6 (Squat, Bench, Row, Deadlift, Press, Pull-Up)

I do (A) Squat/Bench/Row and (B) Deadlift/Press/Chins.

Can I just replace Rows with Chins on A and just add in some Face-Pulls or something?

Long arms are not good for rows

You can do whatever you want to do. Make sure you have vertical/horizontal rowing, that’s it.

Problem is I lift at home and have a Power-Rack, Barbells, and Plates (for the big 6 lifts) and some Bands for Face-Pulls.

I can't just replace Barbell Rows with Dumbbell Rows or Cable Rows. I either do Barbell Rows or I don't do them at all and just do more Pull-Ups or Chin-Ups.

So like

>A
Squat
Bench
Pull-Ups (Instead of Rows)
Face-Pulls

>B
Deadlift
Press
Chin-Ups
Face-Pulls

one of my favorite lifts. i feel it big in my back and arms. Only thing i don't like about it is doing it the day after deadlifts kind of stresses my erector.

Fucking impressive. How the hell are his legs so small though?

making it

Idk bro, but I’m mirin hard. Look at that trunk, back and shoulders.

wait, are you supposed to have reverse grip on bb rows?

I can deadlift 6pl8 and my back is nonexistant.
I've never done any upper body pull either.
so there you go for the whole "deadlifts will give you a huge back" meme.

I think what he meant is he doesn't have to bend over as much.

Okay, so, now we know the weaklings hate deadlifts AND rows.
What’s next? They’re gonna say dumbbell chest press is better than bench? That squats are bad for your back?

If you don’t want to lift, OP, maybe you should find a different “hobby.”

My lats really like sets of 3 on rows. In 2 months of hitting heavy rows, they popped out past my ribcage. I’m strong (3,4,5.lel) but I couldn’t get my thicc baccbois to widen, until I did this.

Don’t stop rowing or you’ll end up like Isley- small, weak, and soft

It's just a variation of the movement. It incorporates the lats a lot more than the normal double overhanded grip.

N = 1

im pretty sure i have bad form. i watched diptits video and try doing them more explosively and i think it just made me use more momentum in the lift. i can feel it ripping up my back tho so thats cool.

I'm I love deadlifts but I can't fucking stand any row of any sort. Also I found very little info on this but whenever I do upper body pulling I feel it more in my triceps than anything else.

>"m-muh anecdotal evidence"
oh shut the fuck up. you need a study or something?
deadlifts are just too light for the stretch to be enough to build those muscles. if you're not actively rowing or shrugging in any direction you'd need heavy as fuck weight, as in rack pull heavy. deadlifts alone won't build your upper back.

Alright, I’ll bite. Assuming you really do have a 6pl8 DL, if you’re complaining that your back is nonexistent, that’s your own fault. No one told you to abandon all other back work for strictly deadlifts.

However with a 6pl8 DL, you should have a solid lower back and big traps, correct? Because that’s what DLs build. If you for any second believed, DLs were your solution to also build a huge upper and mid back and big, wide lats, you’ve been memed.

Who says I'm complaining? I'm just saying it, I don't really give a fuck.

Yeah I have a developped lower back, but no traps, because deadlifts are way too light an exercise to properly stretch the traps.

again I haven't been memed, I knew that going in, I just don't like upper body pulling and don't really give a fuck what I look like so I don't do it.

Try static holds for your max sets, your traps, forearms and grip will thank me, assuming you’re not using straps.

N = 1

yeah that could probably help my grip, I hold my deadlifts at the top for that same reason. I don't have any grip issue right now though.
I don't think it would help my lockout either.

litterally everything in that field is anecdotal evidence.

Is this the right grip? I usually do overhand, not underhand like in the pic

Well, it's easy to cheat on this one, you have to watch your technique carefully. But if you're such a pathetic dogshit that can't do it right, don't blame this exercise. Blame yourself.

P.S. Your whole life is a fucking meme faggit

most people do, just not ssfags

>"look mom, I'm on Jow Forums"

they give me the best results

Attached: d.jpg (500x327, 22K)

Do some heavy rack pulls and power shrugs bro. Above the knee or below the knee for the rack pulls, it doesn’t matter. Go as heavy as you can until your grip can’t hold it and then strap up to go heavier. Really focus on the lockout. As far as power shrugs, same deal, wear straps and throw caution to the wind as long as you get that stretch in the traps.

That's the Yates row which is larger useless.
If you're gonna row bend fucking over. None of this 40 degree bullshit

do you think the upper back strength will help my lockout on conventional? I hitch a fucking lot.

Wait. Is that Jason Blaha hiding behind the power cage on the far left of this image?

100%
Coaches prescribe rack pulls and shrugs to build the deadlift I advanced stages

I mean I'm not exactly "advanced" I'm still progressing linearly. But from what I've heard rack pulls at least (except low ones, like block pulls) don't have a very good reputation as a deadlift assistance. Explosive shrugs with a slight hinge I've heard good things about here and there. Can't try them now unfortunately because I don't have access to a rack.

yes

There aren’t any right or wrong barbell row, because it isn’t a competition lift.

youtu.be/6XRhX6LHYwo

Rows are great but most people do them wrong

I t-bar row over 135 with one arm at 160. Switch to T-bar and never look back.

Surprised to see Rip doing bodybuilder rows instead of strict Pendalays

based, fuck barbell rows
who here /cable rows/

Attached: cablerow.png (1320x730, 344K)

>I just don't like upper body pulling and don't really give a fuck what I look like so I don't do it.
well no wonder your upper back is shit then

that's exactly what I'm saying.

Much better exercise. Barbell rows are retarded.

why do people bend forward when doing cable rows? isn't it bad for lower back?

I do both

didn't Isley pull 700 though?
how is that weak coming from a 5pl8 deadlifter?

this pic is not demonstrating good form lol

he snapped his back and got fat

Ummm sweaty

Attached: Seated-Cable-Row-Arnold.jpg (276x182, 9K)

God tier, especially for beginners.

Cheat reps don't actually help, you know.

Attached: fries.png (720x540, 325K)

Chaddest row exercise coming through

Attached: t bar.jpg (461x586, 51K)

Can i do "rack pulls" from a bench ? i don't have a rack

Attached: 29404273.jpg (1080x1350, 284K)

No but you can do elevated pendlay rows
So just rest it at the bench after 1 rep while you breathe instead of holding it in your hands or resting it on the ground
Try doing it with snatch grip

T bar >>>>>>>>>>>>> bb rows

For both results and fun

They do

Every time some asshole does a new exercise they attribute their soreness and progress to the superiority of that exercise and ignore the fact that it was fucking new and THAT'S why there's substantial progress or soreness. Rows are an excellent pull, So are chinups and rack pulls.

Ill do a little bend to try to feel a stretch in my lats more, but it should never feel uncomfortable.

Heavy rows and deads made my back explode

srs

Do chins and rack pulls too, you don't have to just do one or the other.

This

>rack pulls

But im not a incel

m.youtube.com/watch?v=XIbxBpMYifc

Started doing cheat rows heavy/ shrugs heavy and in 3 weeks I jumped from 300 to 400 pound deadlift and my back feels incredible.