/fast/ - #340 - HIT SOME IRON FATTY EDITION

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>Can I fast if I have ___?
See your doctor before fasting if you:
>Have any sort of chronic illness
>Have gout
Don’t fast if you:
>Have type 1 diabetes
>Are malnourished/severely underweight
>Are pregnant
>Are breastfeeding

>How do I safely do an extended fast?
Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (8-10%).

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes, headass.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No

Previous thread:

Attached: FATIRON.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.fi/search?ei=7E8JXInfGcSssgGJuJiABQ&q=stomach bacteria effects on weight&oq=stomach bacteria effects on weight&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i22i29i30l3.9401.12578..12701...0.0..0.87.1149.17......0....1..gws-wiz.......0j35i39j0i203j0i22i30j0i8i13i30j0i19j0i22i30i19j0i8i13i30i19.rBpm6FYsmcI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CONFESS

Attached: cole.png (1280x720, 486K)

>If I just do occasional 48h fasts with my cut, will I get the benefits?
NO, NOT REALLY. YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO HIT AUTOPHAGY IF YOU CONSISTENTLY DO 48S BACK TO BACK, IT'LL JUST TAKE MUCH LONGER, REQUIRE MORE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, AND MUCH LOWER WEIGHT REFEEDS.

FORGOT TO ADD: ON THE 48 YOU'LL DEFINITELY BURN A BIT OF EXTRA FAT AND IT'S STILL MUCH BETTER THAN EATING EVERYDAY.

Enjoy your excess skin remaining.

Attached: 1_0eGXIU7PDpyBxaBNtUoT0w.jpg (793x513, 44K)

YEA IF YOU DO A MULTIPLE MEAL A DAY MAINSTREAM CUT, YOU'LL HAVE MUCH MORE LOOSE SKIN COMPARED TO FASTING.

I meant the detox benefits, I know I won't hit autophagy and I don't really care.

YOU'LL GENERALLY HIT SOME ON THE TAIL END OF THE 48. YOU'LL GET MUCH MORE ON THE TAIL END OF A 72, THOUGH.

Anyone tried getting a poop transplant from a Jow Forums person?

Attached: IMG_1137-copy.jpg (640x387, 59K)

this is some dark ages medicine wtf

Fasting is retarded. Post your dyel bodies pls.

idiot

Alright. I need to lose as much weight as fast as possible in 5 months. I have been doing OMAD for 2 weeks already and lost 10 ibs already, but I need it to be faster. I am 265ibs and 5'8". You can already imagine how fuckin fat I am.

I am aiming for probably 200 but most of it from my fat. If I can at least not look as round as I am I am ok with just getting as "thin" as I possibly can.

What are my options? I have done a snake juice before but since I work construction it became super tough to hold out. I have lost the most weight with that. I could try again but I'll need a rework on my specific case

OMAD I did a year ago and I dropped from 280 to 233 in 3 months, but I still looked fuckin fat except my face area.

I need to lose weight so I can finally fit into a decent looking tux at a wedding I'll be attending in 5 months.

Please bros. You are all I have to ask this. Fasting is all I've done to lose weight but in this case I NEED to lose fast without too much loose skin

It's not, change of stomach bacteria has solved many problems before.
google.fi/search?ei=7E8JXInfGcSssgGJuJiABQ&q=stomach bacteria effects on weight&oq=stomach bacteria effects on weight&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i22i29i30l3.9401.12578..12701...0.0..0.87.1149.17......0....1..gws-wiz.......0j35i39j0i203j0i22i30j0i8i13i30j0i19j0i22i30i19j0i8i13i30i19.rBpm6FYsmcI

I'm only into my first day right now, should I already start drinking snake juice or do I start a few days in?

Am I supposed to get sick on this diet like keto flu symptoms? I'm on day 4 btw.

Attached: 1536144847002.jpg (960x720, 99K)

You could just start as soon as you feel the symptoms kicking in. Usually after 48 hours is when they start kicking

Yeah keep yourself distracted I'm going to go to the movies and watch 2 movies. On day 4 as well I just need to get to tomorrow for path of exile expansion then I won't even notice it anymore.

Attached: 1543396490961.png (580x490, 229K)

Fast if you're going to break it. Drink bone broth with some saltine crackers and fruit, try to push through. It's better than having in and shitting yourself with full carbs.

I'm 36 hours in to my 48 hour fast and I'm starting to feel bad, like I might puke. I don't have any chemical addictions or dependencies so why do I feel like this?

Lack of electrolytes probably, though I usually start feeling that way at the fourth or fifth day
Is this your first time? Are you going with plain water or are you adding minerals?

I'm 5'3 and 122lbs. I want to fast mostly for the autophagy, health benefits, body reset. I was thinking of dry fasting for as long as I can. I think I'm a bit skinny fat. I don't know if I should gain a bit of weight first before attempting this.

What is the normal timeframe for autophagy? I assume it varies per person.

First time, snake juice.

Well smash comes out tomorrow so that should tie me over for awhile thanks for the heads up.

Attached: 1543966294061.jpg (440x660, 75K)

Is the new league already going to start? Damn, I need to start playing again, I used to spend all fucking day playing and didn't even noticed the time passing

I'd rather just eat kimchi regularly

5'9 170 Dec 1 170lbs Fasted 5 days then refed steak, eggs and sausage. Down 14 lbs at 256. Goal weight 180 by april. Will I make it guys?

When I have that and more snake juice doesn't fix it, I'll eat 500 kcals. I'm doing back to back fasts now, going until I feel like you describe

Made it to 107 on the first stint, ate 500kcals, 62 hours on the second, ate again. Starting the third now. 15 lbs lost so far, shooting for 30-40.

>I'm 5'3
You'd best be a woman in which case TITS or GTFO, otherwise you have worse problems than being fat

Attached: 1527286128765.jpg (1108x769, 161K)

Do not mock our fellow man for something beyond his control.

God I would slam her so hard, while tugging on those skin flaps.

5'9 170 Dec 1 270lbs Fasted 5 days then refed steak, eggs and sausage. Down 14 lbs at 256. Goal weight 180 by april. Will I make it guys?

Yeah I guess that's a low blow. I was tryna be all edgy and cool. Forgive me senpai for I have sinned.

Attached: 1543075625944.jpg (482x427, 70K)

I watched a video where a guy and his wife did a 7 day water fast, they recommended drinking 8-10 liters of water per day; Surely this can't be healthy? That high of a water intake that is.

Legit, it's bad enough he'll get that shite from women all the time.

Just a manlet trying to do what I can with the crappy deck I got handed. My success in fasting will be a good data point in our struggle despite my unfortunate height.

Thank you desu. We're all gonna make it.

Been doing 18:6 for a while, waking up very thirsty in the morning.
I'll often wake up during the night too either to take a piss or to get some water, or both.
I feel like I also have to piss more often, but then again, I suppose I'm drinking a lot more water during the day than before.
Is this normal?

Oh. I guess I did try that, though I didn't know it at the time.

Guys, am I retarded or is it possible that I gained muscle mass in a month of fasting without any significant workout? My pecs seem bigger while my belly smaller.

I overeat my eating window by 5 minutes yesterday.

Attached: 1538339777334.jpg (1536x2048, 500K)

Are there any good guides on a 3 days water only fast for autophagy? preferably something that covers
>preparation
>what to do during fast
>symptoms
>breaking the fast

Probably should have specified, I'm a housewife because I'm disabled. I can only do so much by myself and jogging is completely out of the question. I can only be on my feet for a few minutes without swelling up like a balloon. So I'm stuck at home a lot of the time with not much to do, making meals and not eating them feels like pure agony

my gym coach is something like 5'4 and he used to bang models and has since been married to 2. Just lift like your lineage depends on it. literally. he is now 50 but looks like he is 30 in good health. even manlets can make it with enough work.

yes

I'm 5"2. You're underweight as fuck even for our hilarious height my man.

Wanna do a 3 or 4 day fast soon, also tryna kill a caffeine addiction, anything I should do while I'm still eating?

Fasting is already a large stress on the body. Pick whether you'd like to give up caffeine or do a fast.

im 5'9 and 96lbs and still look fat

No fucking way. Pls post body, for science

what would the ideal last meal be before a fast? A short one, I'm thinking about eating lunch at work tomorrow and then not eating anything until Saturday evening.

Anything with protien lots and lots of protien.

>"protien"

Suck dog dick.

eggs.

Make yourself a two or three egg omelette, add some spices, maybe chopped onion maybe cheese (cottage or your choice)

Alright, that's fine. I guess I'm just gonna eat some turkey breast with buckwheat

LOL LE JOKE!!
>Still shilling beastiality I see.

I don't understand this reaction.

What do you suggest to achieve maximum autophagy? Long water fast? some dry fasting?

Yeah I made fun of you as well but I don't get it.

24h is babby mode, you don't need to do anything special. Just stop eating.

That's ok. I'm not the guy who said "protien" anyway, I just wanted to say "Suck dog dick" to someone and you had made the latest post in a thread I had open.

*tips fedora*

that is retarded

1.5 - 3L a day depending on activity WITH SALTS

plain water fasting will fuck you up

so recently ive been working really early in the morning, waking up around 4, do manual labour for 8 hours, finish at 2. woke up today 35ish hours into my fast and literally felt like i was going to die, had to eat. probably due to the excessive working of my body and less sleep than usual but alls good now, felt great right after i ate.
lost 7 pounds this week though

Any reliable sources about weight lifting during a prolonged fast?

Because not eating for a long time after lifting weights sounds like a recipe for disaster, its basically breaking down muscle and having nothing to repair it.

I usually only fast on rest days or break the fast after a workout.

Avoid carbs like the plague.

If you do eat carbs, greatly minimize your fat intake. The insulin response with carbs tells your body to store the fat and you generally just feel shitty on carbs that aren't wild berries.

Otherwise, refeed AT A MINIMUM of every 72 hours with no more than 500 g/500 cal of fat/protein, preferably in a 70%/30% ratio.

Dunno if I should go Arc Traps again or BV. I totally mimic you with not even noticing anymore. We're gonna make it.

do a protein sparing modified fast. Once you get down though, you really, really, really need to see a nutritionist so you don't gain it all back, like you almost did here. You need to go cold turkey on soda and starbucks and just never drink it again in your life until you die. Don't fucking do snake juice if you do construction, snake juice is retarded.

other important thing if you're on a protein sparing modified fast: you fuckin need to see the doctor regularly, because if you fuck it up, you can die.

extended fast, beyond 72h+, if you fail no worries, try again

I saw that too, they're filipino so automatically discard it. WAY too much water.

Cole recommends starting it right away. It depends on how big your last meal was as well

I've found I can go anywhere from 24-48 hours without the headache and malaise symptoms. Any longer than that and I absolutely have to drink snake juice.

if you want to do it for autophagy best bet would be hard dry fasting schedule

72h dry fast
refeed, repeat

thats for advanced snakers tho

do snake juice fasts first and then see if it works for you

All i have is Himalayan pink salt and baking soda, will it still help for like a 4-5 day fast?

Drink Kefir

Attached: front_ru.3.full.jpg (1125x2000, 431K)

Yes, but you don't need to eat nearly that much food.

Keep it to 500 cals or less. The eggs, butter and maybe a few sausage links would be more than enough. The steak is a bit overboard if you just want to jump into another 5 day.

Good on you for keeping your refeeds keto/carnivore though.

The beauty of fasting is that muscles don't atrophy (unless you combine it with heavy cardio), only the fat disappears.

you don't even need SJ for 4-5 day fasts

Attached: 1542391656443.png (967x886, 246K)

KEFIR IS TOO EXPENSIVE. EAT RAW MEAT.

YOU NEED THE POTASSIUM

WHO THE FUCK IS THIS IDIOT? PROTEIN SPARING? WHAT KIND OF FUCKING VEGAN BITCH JUST DROPS IN HERE WITH ZERO KNOWLEDGE OF FASTING, TELLING YOU TO GO TO THE DOCTOR... OH. ANOTHER JEW. ALMOST FELL FOR IT *AGAIN*

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO () IS FUCKING TOUGH IT OUT. TRY TO TAKE A WEEK OFF AND JUST FAST YOUR FATASS OFF, OR FAST WHENEVER YOU CAN. ALSO, LOWER YOUR REFEEDS AND CONSIDER SPLASHING IN SOME DRY DAYS WHEN YOU'RE NOT WORKING.

YEAH DOING PHYSICAL ACTIVITY WHILE FASTING IS TOUGH AS FUCK.

NO. MORE FAT, SOME PROTEIN, PREFERABLY NO CARB UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING

Just ate a ton of kale I had on my fridge because I want to start a prolonged fasting but didn't want to waste good food. So i'm starting it right now, plan to do at least 7 days.

Well it's like equal to milk price if you know how to make it and even a 5 year old can make quality kefir.

>splashing
>dry

Oh really? Well I just asked a 5-year-old, and she started crying.

yeah believe some ALL CAPS retard on a tibetian cave paintings board ranting about Jews because some patronizing moron on youtube tells you to drink some shitty salt water as a diet. Don't go to the people who have years of post-graduate training on how to not die.

Go out and buy No Salt you mong.

You need the K.

IJUST BROKE A 11 DAY FAST AND I FEEL LIKE MY ENTIRE BODY IS HAVING AN ORGASM

Attached: Katze_Home_PoochiesPleasure-1500x430.jpg (1500x430, 83K)

I just realized the multivitamins I take have 1.5g of carbs in each one, I take 2 every morning will this fuck my fast?

Give her yeast and milk she knows how to do

ok trying this

your body will barely notice

She keeps yelling "Mommy help." She's not making any kefir.

So it's kosher then?

Is that the bloatlord?

hate you larping faggots

Stop being a faggot about kefir then.

Fock, I'll start tonight and try to find some no salt tomorrow

You don't have to go out to buy no salt. You can buy no salt without even trying. I'm buying no salt right now while I type. Though I don't need to buy it; I already have no salt.

kys

I know the person in the photo. His name is A. Kazi and he lives in Boston. He lost like 100 lbs!

Why are you so worked up? Is it about the kefir? Does kefir mean a lot to you?