Weighted Chinups

how do I plan progression on this movement over the next say 6-8weeks?

Attached: Weighted-Negative-Chins.jpg (620x349, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/pull-ups-vs-chin-ups
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>start with a little weight
>keep adding a little weight every workout
this ain't difficult

hang the weight behind you opposite pic way

Why?

Add 5kg or so, reach amount of reps you did before adding weight, repeat.

Nuts + levers

do warm up a bit, dont go around tearing your tendonds

what would you do to warm up?

if ure doing something like 5x5 with the same weight do proper warm up unless u want to fuck urself up that includes fair amount of pull ups w/o weight.

Not OP, but I've been doing 4x1@55% added weight, 3x1@70%, and 2x1@85% for my warmup. Am I gonna fuck myself up?

why not just do weighted pullups? much better for the back

Bodyweight chinups

seriously why cuck your lats for some minuscule biceps activation?

t-nation.com/training/pull-ups-vs-chin-ups

Attached: Screenshot_20181206-142217.jpg (1080x1848, 455K)

Attached: Screenshot_20181206-142334.jpg (1080x1848, 638K)

how fucking brain dead do you have to be to not do one set of bodyweight pull ups before putting the belt are you a fucking toddler

Hang the weight around your neck

>The amount of lat activity was virtually the same
>bicep activity was far greater in the chin-up than in the pull-up.

so what, turning your wrist around somehow makes you heavier in a way that only stresses your biceps? or could it be that whoever wrote that doesn't know how to properly read scientific data?

It means the reason you might be able to do 2 or 3 more chinups or simply have an easier time executing chinups than pullups is because you're putting your biceps in a better position to recruit them fully.

If you can't do more chinups than pullups or can't generate more force in a chinup than a pullup, you probably just have very weak biceps

He's asking why the burden on the lat, "lat activation", isn't decreased by the presence of greater bicep activation.

That's a scientific question that is beyond my knowledge or really imo what one should care about in the conext of recreational fitness/bodybuilding

But I suppose it has to do with the fact that the angle of the lat stretch hasn't changed and the plane of movement hasn't changed nor has the ROM.

Probably reduced activity in the other elbow flexors in chinup compared to pullup.

Weighted pull up is a meme dude. All you're doing is stressing your joints and ligaments.

Are you fuckin retarded

i can't do more than 4 chinups, should i just do negatives instead?

You have 3 muscles that flex your elbow. The biceps are when supinated, the brachialis when neutral, and the brachioradialis when pronated. Chinups are with a supinated grip, thus you use your biceps more. Try flexin a 'cep with pronated wrists. You can't contract as hard as you could if they were supinated.

Because the burden doesn't switch between lat-biceps but brachioradialis-forearm.

Brachioradialis-biceps I mean. That's what I get for being a fucking phone poster.

WHAT ARE THE TWO CUES

That and/or they didnt do a great job of controlling for how far away the hands are from the face on the chin up

The plate will stay snugly in your ass cheeks and not move

>grip doesnt matter
>width matters
So grip does matter

Grease the groove throughout the day.
Have once or twice a week chin intensive workout including hangs and negatives. T nation has a good one somewhere

I'm doing 3x3 (currently 25kg) on tuesdays and 5x5(currently 15kg) on fridays. Going to add 2.5kg next week.

Attached: 3e0720d3.jpg (1120x840, 200K)