/plg/ - powerblogging general

is the big gay edition

Attached: 14296.png (583x805, 492K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4C3UwDT4Mks
youtube.com/watch?v=PLhNXCUGtK0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1526433931183.png (270x344, 50K)

Nice blog homos

Let's play a game
Post a picture of your chin, others guess your total
Tripfags post user or it'll be too easy

Which chin will MA post?

Hehe

I'm going to have to be very selective to figure out which will keep my identity at least somewhat a mystery

You could post all three separately to throw people off.

I started doing muscles snatches just for laughs
suddenly my scapulae and lats feel amazing
they seem to be working like heavy cheaty facepulls

Did you guys do your facepulls today

>WAWTT

Concentration curl, single reverse-grip cable curl, leg press, seated leg curl.

>tfw mike programs meme pulls and you can let your inner ego lifter out

Attached: block meme.webm (1920x1080, 2.97M)

ah fuck its sideways

>sumo deadlifts

Attached: 1509314650389.jpg (900x900, 88K)

>Spotoshot 2.0
Now there’s a meme I haven’t seen in a long, long time.

Am I a big goy?

Attached: 1FA8D7BE-8129-47CF-955B-E5CDF2CDB956.jpg (3721x2096, 1.36M)

nope, just a faggot manlet.

I’m 6ft

Do you live with your grandparents or are your parents elderly?

>neighbor traveling and asked to borrow my scale to test luggage weight
>he tried to return it but i was not home. I just told him to give it back when he returns
>go through a few weeks with a lot of work and diet went downhill
>eating a lot less than usual
>get scale back...up 5 pounds

I thought id be down 10 but i guess not

>I’m 6ft

you and every other 5'9" - 5'11" manlet who decides to "round up" and "count your shoes" lmao

Attached: 1510907454753.png (637x588, 18K)

what a based op image

someone at the school gym told me that they're starting a PL club and next week everyone is meeting to test their 1RMs. I'm supposed to have skills test next week so I might go to that. I just don't want to be associated with it if it's going to be a bunch of fags half squatting, tng benching, and deadlifting conventional with a sumo stance and slamming the weights.

how was everyone's day today?

Attached: side cut black shorts.png (640x800, 709K)

Go and educate them, user. Just don't be too autistic about it.

>how was everyone's day today?

Thanks for asking, it was ok. I took a ~2hr drive to a customer site. They haven't upgraded anything since the installation in 2005, and they're literally the last site on Earth using these projectors. They had one down, and we don't have a replacement for the part that's gone bad. It was a bummer.

I hit 800lb for ten on the leg press, though, so that was cool.

GIB

Attached: DO WANT.png (304x272, 116K)

i wish you luck in that your school's PL club isn't full of fags.

day was pretty good because decided to go off program and do singles at 8-8.5 for squat and bench. hit 5lbs under my comp bench max and 10lbs under my squat bench max. also at a lower body weight than aforementioned meet which was only like a month ago anyway

I usually try to keep my opinions of other people's lifts to myself unless they explicitly ask me for advice so I don't seem like a dick. it might be fun though and a decent way to meet some people.
what type of things do you install? projectors? that drive sounds pretty comfy though. I like long drives because I can just chill and listen to podcasts or music or something uninterrupted for a while. nice leg press numbers too btw. I don't think I've ever pushed hard on leg press for fear of heeming my knees.

>i wish you luck in that your school's PL club isn't full of fags.
thanks. I also really hope that everyone isn't a douche. I think I'll probably show up and keep to myself like I normally do unless someone talks to me first lel.
gj on the progress. I do like to hear it when people are making good progress. at least it sounds like if you're hitting just below your comp max for a single @8 you're probably getting stronker
>and 10lbs under my squat bench max
what did he mean by this

Attached: leather boots.png (640x938, 604K)

i'm an idiot, so i deleted my post. i meant 10lbs under my squat and 5lbs under my bench meet prs. hopefully am getting stronger because doing a "for fun" meet in 2 months, and while i don't expect to make any huge PRs, i would like to at least PR by the smallest jump on each lift.

secretly daydream sometimes about what it would've been like to do PL in college, especially in a college club. so also hoping it's cool for you so i can live through any stories you may post on here.

nn plg
I hope your day today was excellent
I hope you have an excellent day tomorrow too

>i don't expect to make any huge PRs, i would like to at least PR by the smallest jump on each lift
progress is progress my dude
>hoping it's cool for you so i can live through any stories you may post on here.
if I go, I'll make sure to report back with how it was

Attached: boris ssb.png (1440x2560, 982K)

go there and see how things are, if it's really super ghey you can always cite school workload as a reason not to go anymore. I went to mine back in the day and all but me and two others were such a bunch of fags like you mentioned, but we managed to get some sense into them and by the time I left things were really looking good in terms of technique and weight lifted. but if you don't have the goodwill or time for that, don't bother.
also undershoot your 1rm test a bit, I felt bad outpulling a room full of people by up to 1.5pl8 even though some had trained for twice the time I had, kek

>how was everyone's day
uneventful and tedious, but made quite a bit of $$$ so who am I to complain

>squat bench max
I dunno what that is but it sounds like cheating

Plz rate program

Attached: 39004829-EBAB-46A6-A395-94E782D788F7.png (1950x988, 162K)

>The Talk™ with a new client
>fail to sell because in all honesty he wants more than I can offer, at least if I want to make any kind of profit
>no hard feelings, still spend the evening finishing dinner, drinking, ogling the bigtitted waitress
>bond over the fact we both lift and compete (although him only for jejs anymore, like once every two years or so)
>work stuff is done for, but we agree to meet up in private occasionally to push some iron
I made a fren!

>Push press +ohs

I really hope you don't intend to either overhead squat with your push press grip, or push press with your overhead squat grip.

I'm not sure what a "lever row" is exactly, but it sounds like some sort of machine and it's therefore shit. You might also benefit from a touch more upper body bodybuilding work. Like chin ups and an extra press accessory or two

But that's details, it looks respectable.

>lever row
Latest meme, like a DB row but with one end of a barbell.

>I really hope you don't intend to overhead squat with your push press grip
t.fat powerlifter with piss poor mobility

lever row

Attached: RE61-T-Bar-Row-1.jpg (450x450, 62K)

>gf looks over my shoulder just as I open Yakob's recent back pic
>"eeeeewwwwww"
>??? (he's not _that_ ugly after all)
>"way too narrow and grossly defined, someone get this boy to eat so he looks like a man"
>gets mad that I'm just pulling her leg when I tell her his actual height and weight
no offense kowalski but [laughs in 25in shoulder width and 16+%bf]

Attached: 1516768550313.gif (245x280, 976K)

So like meadows row, good choice.

I have enjoyed using this piece of gym equipment for several years with no sense of irony intended pal-friend. Is something wrong with me?

no of course not

arguing over row variations is the most retarded thing i can imagine, just pick one that feels nice and hammer it for a while and then when you get bored pick another one

This is elder god-tier lever row.

Attached: file.png (1196x1196, 1.87M)

why not just do pullups and chinups
why's row special

I'm too fat and weak to do chinups you fucking retard.

If you want to get anal, no homo, that's a t-bar row.
youtu.be/4C3UwDT4Mks this is a lever row.

Explain these routines?

Pure math, baby

too fat and weak to do that much chin volume

Start shovelling in lat pulldown, arm and dumbbell row volume and do chin negatives in the meanwhile until you're strong enough.

aren't rows better for scapular retraction

If you're doing them for scap retraction might as well do rear delt row instead, no?

Is there any point to taking BCAAs if you take protein supps?

yeah its tasty as fuck

I do *ups two days and rows one day

i can do chin ups already but my max is only 12 reps, i weigh 100kg

can do a lot more volume with rows than i can with chins

Sumo faggot. Do a real deadlift.

Attached: 1543900103357.png (1000x1000, 267K)

Just finished week 3 of Barbell medicine 12 week template. Man this program is really epitome of trying hard between all high frequency squatting, pulling and benching.

I love that Mr blue sky song but its so synonymous with my childhood that I get nostalgic depression just listening to it.

Take me back

what a dumb fucking way to spell clean and press

>why do [one plane of motion] when you already do [other plane of motion]
yes, I too only ohp these days, who needs bench aka horizontal pressing

srs though even if you couldn't care less about size or looks, hitting your upper back with both a horizontal and vertical pull is important m80

>trap bar dl exclusively for 5 months cause oof ow me low back
>finally back to trying conv again
>former 2rm goes up for 8 so ezpz I almost upright row the first rep
I knew there was carryover cause of course there is, but dayum

Attached: 5773AC95FB214F9CA66650D15C438D75.jpg (482x413, 98K)

but muh deadlift muh functional strength

SQUUUUISH PLOP

SQUUUUUUUUUUIIIIISSSSH PLOP

SQUIIIISH PLOP

brrpftsss brrpftsssss squuuuuuiiissshshhhh sploooosssh splop!

Norman khan has now been disposed into the toilet

Nice blog

Trap bar deadlift helps with leg drive off the floor. I believe you would get a better effect using weightlifting shoes with conventional.

33rd workout.

Failed 80kg x squat to pins
walked out
hope i die

You need to stop, you aren't even trying anymore. Reset to the bar and start again. Also read the book.

are you a girl

Also if there is any legitimacy to this yarn you're spinning you have to be eating and sleeping like absolute shite. If you carry on doing SS then do those workouts on mon/fri and use wednesday for some kind of dumbbell/bodyweight thing to build some mass and get yourself in better shape. I won't give up on you, this shit is too emotionally frustrating to let happen.

Lemme ask you a question. When you're done disposing of your Norman Khans, and you're standing over the toilet thinking about how you're going to describe them to a group of strangers who hate you, do you ever catch a reflection of your face in the toilet water, ebbing and undulating amongst the disposed Khans, and think to yourself "maybe I'm the Norman Khan?"

Attached: image.png (605x647, 344K)

Gay blog

Take up jogging and calisthenics.

Do you have any serious medical conditions we should know about?

He has big gay.

lel I literally pull barefoot (and in dl slippers in comp), I'd keel over instantly doing that. my theory is that with my fucky low back not being a limiting factor (which trap bar hits far less due to my leverages) I could smoke my gloots and upper back with more volume, which helped overall pulling strength it seems

my 125lbs flatmate started from bar around the same time as you (at least when you started posting) and is 5kg shy from outsquatting you. either you're larping or you are The One True Rock Collector

It's a major LARP. He's going to be magically squattibg 120kg 5x5 in a week.

Share your feelings with me.

Attached: Screenshot_20181207-075655_Evernote.jpg (719x891, 86K)

There is no doubt that your template would work. It is just a question of how long, whether due to progression advancement, adherence, or whether you need to adapt it to your current needs.

mostly blatant indifference. nothing inherently wrong with it tho

.2 lbs below weight and still have to shit. But weigh ins are at 2 and im hungry.

Attached: Itsgotrapeandmurderithinknotprovidingwas_ebe5a8666d479903d6fcac6851c42897.jpg (612x612, 94K)

You mean OHP, right? Bench has your backs, shoulders, glutes and legs all supported on a sleeping bench. Not to mention you core is not activated for shit as it is on OHP. I get it it's a bait but writing this for people who might take you seriously.

I've read the book.
> Reset to the bar
JDIMSA
>you have to be eating and sleeping like absolute shite
I gain about 1kg of weight in a week. Around 108kg now. I was around 105kg when I started iirc.
Not that I know of.
I don't think this is going to happen, ever since I squatted 115kg every squat weight (even 60kg on the bar) started to feel lot heavier than before). I have red face and exploding when I try to squat it. When before I squatted 115kg I could squat 60kg with ease. I don't understand what happened.

I think recovery will be the toughest part. I've been sleeping 9 hours a night since I started this thing, which is very out of character.

Thank you for being indifferent enough to respond.

It means that you are a fat piece of shit.

so I should cut?

Your wrists, yes.

Maybe he can use your edgy humor to do it fuck head

You should take a 1-3 months to do cardio, and basic athletic movements. Jumping, throwing, calisthenics. You are seriously out of shape.

nice you dled 3pl8 for 8 reps

Bitter < better.

no, 180kg :) also fuck you

>unrelated
who of you guys is this

There's a trap bar in my gym, with two or three handles (like low, mid, highest setting). Wondering what's the difference really.

>16%+ bf
That’s fat belly tier, women hate that. So does your gf

Well, I just mean educate them on what a meet really looks like. Proper commands, judging, etc. If you can make it more official-looking, then the club will be taken more seriously and get more members.

I install planetarium AV systems. Projectors, speakers, computers, lights, etc. The drive was pretty comfy, I went with an old engineer who has really great stories.

Good job, user!

You'll probably run into trouble after not too long, since you're repeating bodyparts one day after the next. For example, you're hitting shoulders four times per week.

Low handles require a more severe back angle, like a snatch grip deadlift. High handles are more like a hack squat.

These days I feel very unmotivated to go lift. I've been at it for 3 years and it's become a hobby that I do anyway without much thought put into going to the gym, so you could say I've been pretty disciplined with it. But the last week it's weird.

Maybe change things up a little?
Do a bodybuilding program?
Gym bro ppl?
Strongman?
Anything but the comp lifts?
Treat 3 new lifts like the powerlifts (powerclean, bb row, and push press) would be my

I've changed my program like 2 weeks ago, doing hepburn. When I'm in the gym the workout feels good, intense and I still enjoy doing it. But right now I should go lift yet I just wanna stay home and shitpost and eat chocolate or some junk food.

Heard hepburn can be very fatiguing, not sure if it'll affect you this early though.
Hows the diet? Maybe you just need to eat more.
You could just be in a slump and will have to persevere until you get through it.

The weight is still light.
The diet has always been shit because of medical condition not being able to bulk, but I've always pushed myself hard in the gym regardless. I fucking crave sugar like a motherfucker though.
I'ts not like I will skip training, I might just postpone it for a day.

So is Louie Simmons a genius or a hack, people seem split on this

Attached: 1542670746748.jpg (960x960, 146K)

Thoughts on this for extra quad work?
youtube.com/watch?v=PLhNXCUGtK0