What is Jow Forums majoring in?

and to those anons who already graduated, what is you career and is it related to your major?

Attached: wow.jpg (2048x1166, 176K)

I majored in bio and now I'm a second year medical student.

chemisery PhD student.

Attached: bench.jpg (3264x2448, 2.19M)

Nursing. Good job prospects, ok pay, travel options, surrounded by chicks. Might have to wipe assholes and clean up piss for most of my career once I graduate but it seems like a good balance to me.

Second year aerospace engineering

Plant genetics and breeding, want to get into ag science so I can fuck fat cowgirls

what are you doing on Jow Forums at 1am?

English. Wanting to be a technical writer. Can work in solitude while still maintaining some communication with clients, pretty comfy job. Make 100K after 8 years in field

Bachelor in architecture and got offered a job during my internship. Offer was high enough for me to take it and not go for a masters degree.

Comfy fucking job lads.

My sister is a nurse and does delivery. She seems to be doing well and is paid to continue her schooling too. Seems like a reliable career path but very stressful.

No idea. Finals next week, should probably be studying.

petroleum engineering.

most based engineering major. you make a shitload of money straight out of college. only downside is that oil market is cyclical. still a decent career tho imo.

Im high! I'm a psych student. Second year! Finals are next week too. I am instead high.

Computer Science and Engineering. Software engineer’s starting pay is ~80k in most major metropolitan areas, from what I can tell. I don’t care about anything but money.

Physics

artist/designer and completely unrelated to the major i graduated university with. i only took one art class ever, and it was basically independent study in high school.

Software engineering

so jelly of you high iq fucks reeeeeee

i dropped out

Attached: 1543992671778.png (900x1042, 90K)

Nothing

Attached: 1543693470429.jpg (550x398, 20K)

CompSci

>Computer Science
>high iq

Mechanical Engineering. Should be graduating this coming May.

ecology and evolutionary biology.
i wanted to be some kind of wildlife biologist but right now i'm a microbiologist for the wet lab experience.

how are job prospects looking like? Did you do coop?

Nutriology

Yes I did, worked with Cardone industries and with ULA. I got offered a job at San Marcos near Austin Texas, starting pay at 70k.

A lot of demand. I mean a lot

Physics. Still haven't decided if I'm going to be astrophysicist or theoretical physicist though.

Attached: phos45.gif (500x281, 1.97M)

Construction Management

I know all male nurses are insecure in their job choice because every time they say they're a nurse they follow up with all the good parts of being a nurse.
Like bro, it's a good fucking job. Nobody is judging you or second guessing your choice here. Get that relationship to patients, pay, and free time. I get it.

T. MD student

Hows it going? Which country are you from? How are the job prospects? I just finished High skewl so yeah!

Impressive. Very nice. I wish you all the best user in your future endeavors. Hopefully I'll be able to nut up and actually decide what I'm gonna major in.

t.18 year old zoomer in a decent canadian uni

Attached: nice.gif (350x350, 2.09M)

Yeah I doubt you have much to worry about with those sophomore year psych finals.

Biochemistry

Meteorology. Currently at CC and cant fucking wait to transfer and go to an actual uni next year.

Attached: weatherman.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Forestry.
Either going silviculture or forestry engineering.

I got a BS in physics, now I work for min wage at an overseas military gym.

I dropped out twice and lucked out becoming an engineer doing an extremely easy job.

I like your style

Been a cop for two years, three more and I can take the detective test, which has been my dream career since I was a kid

Attached: 2E5E1DAB-3100-41FC-86AD-D2004C8491D9.jpg (436x429, 54K)

Take it on step at a time. I know you will find the way... and thanks user. You will make it. We will all make it.

Attached: 1543954343.jpg (618x741, 75K)

Do you like architecture? What’s the lifestyle like? I’m considering going back to school for an M. Arch. I have a meme humanities degree from undergrad but the program is designed for people who haven’t studied architecture.

Your 1rm lmao

My lad. Data science major. My goal is to swindlz the most money out of companies before they realise how utterly useless we are.

Third year electrical engineering

It’s alright sometimes

Might work for an electric company

Who knows

How did you break into that? I’ve been an artist/designer freelancing with little success for years. Feels bad man

Not a ton of business majors?
I am going for an MA in finance. Start this fall at 21 (I know I waited awhile, honestly had some shit to work out).
I plan on just having fun through my twenties and around 27-28 making shit tons of money. I think that's how most people should do it. Don't want to be the oldest guy at the disco.
Also, I think the closer to 30 you get, the more you actually enjoy academics. I honestly enjoy going through a lot of different college prep work with my advisor. (I haven't done math for like 3 years lmao).

>CompSci major
>Working full time making $150k/yr straight out of college.

You just have to apply the formula to get a good CS job.

>tfw also brainlet
is it possible for us to make it?

Attached: 1496620711547.png (888x1185, 48K)

sorta same, i'm a graphic deisgn major

Kek, they always have to bust out their pre-written spiel before any accusations come out.

Attached: MAKE THE CALL.jpg (853x960, 106K)

Geo eng here. Planning to do oil or mining myself

honestly, i got into it by luck. i only do what i like to do, and i posted on random social media and got noticed by some people, including some "famous" people (like youtubers, IG people, twitch streamers, etc). some people i befriended in the beginning were nobodies but now are pretty damn popular and will basically just shout me out randomly. i'm very thankful to have more work than i can complete, but i'm also really aware that my success could just die at any moment, haha.

You're a based cop, right? Cops in the city vs. suburbs/rual areas are night and day. Inner city cops have to deal so many nogs they get alittle militarized out here.
I don't blame them. They deal with some shit.

> studied applied economics (marketing)
> Now working in corporate banking middle office

Pretty comfy and challenging job

You will make it.

Attached: 1544128674446.jpg (249x203, 8K)

also wanted to clarify that i had no intent of making money off of art in the beginning. people just asked, and then it sort of happened.

stuck with a meme degree in advertising and marketing due to switching my major 100 times and not having enough credits to do anything else.

The marketing side is actually useful though, as I intend to work in marketing analytics as basically a data analyst/SEO guy

Either way, I enjoyed university thus far but the debt i've gotten myself into is autistic.

nice, user. Any tips to make it as a CS major?

thank you. I have always been annoyed/hate being around smartfags who brag about going to a top 5 uni in the country, or parents who brag about their kids going to the US for school. I went to a low tier university and still failed. just feels so bad.

Attached: 1516092798275.png (657x600, 84K)

I patroljust outside of Orlando so I see a lot of black people but it’s not a big deal. I try to be fair and not fuck over people just to be a dick like some cops. Like if I see people smoking weed I’ll leave it alone.

That's sorta the whole thing, is you just work some meme shit like uber and get daddy government subsidized loans. Don't worry about the debt, you're already in it. Just find the best intuitive solution.
Unless you're kids a stupid piece of shit and live off a trust fund in Williamsburg.

If you do software engineering or comp sci and Engineering (whatever your university calls it) you have to get through calc 3 and linear algebra, and physics 1, 2, and 3. I’m not saying you have to be high IQ per se, but it’s no cakewalk for most people.

Study.

>Fitness bros
Major douchebag i assume.

IQ is overrated. Average person that commits to giving consistent and honest effort can attain any degree.

History then going into law

School used to mean something user. Take it from me, I am a Mechanical Engineering Senior and trust me. There are better routes to success. School is just a "safe" bet. Fuck anyone else telling you shit about your experiences at school.

After you've taken Data Structures and Algorithms (3rd semester CS class), Leetcode easy and medium problems until you can reasonably do them all without having seen them before. Also work on a personal project of literally anything that shows you have a desire to learn on your own.
Sophomore and Junior year apply to every summer internship you can starting from at the latest October. You should be doing at least one interview a week in your junior year. Even if you don't want to work for the company, interview there for experience. Go to all of your university's STEM career fairs. They are pretty much just for CS students.
If you go to a good school, the big paying companies (google, fb, microsoft, uber, etc) will want to interview you. If you went to a shitty state school like me, you'll have to get lucky.
Keep your GPA above 3.0 minimum, 3.5 is a bonus, 4.0 is a waste of time unless you want more than a bachelors.

Suppose it depends on if you want to actually make money or not user

Physics in a computer engineering degree??? Enlighten me user. Why do you need it.

> no sarcasm btw.

Global studies with chinese language minor. After 4 years of mandarin study I can speak and read at maybe a kindergarten level. Wat do? I'm fucking miserable and lost.

Fucking this 100x. Just fucking try, honestly. Nothing in college is more than mildly difficult if you just stick with it.
That's because you took engineering. That shit sucks. School should widen you intellectually while letting you specialize.
This dude fucking gets it and knows what he likes.

>what is you career and is it related to your major?
dr
bigthink.jpg

Study outside of the coursework if it isn't that effective. Find what works for you. Khanacademy kept me with a solid gpa in highschool, fucking hated highschool teachers.

why would you want to study anything outside of STEM at a university in 2018? there are cheaper ways to indoctrinate yourself

Because it qualifies you to work on the research and development side of computer hardware. I probably won’t be doing that though. Pic related are the transfer requirements from my community college. I’m poor and putting myself through while working full time so that’s where I’ve started.

Attached: ED732F05-DAC7-4EC9-B53C-4B2531BB7498.jpg (750x1045, 229K)

liberal arts because my dream is to not work

>tldr if you don’t understand how and why individual components work you can’t produce better versions of those components

Physics bachelor here, doing my masters in optics. Shit is fucking cash.

Attached: 1535382736837.jpg (500x333, 20K)

Just finishing up my masters degree in computer science and engineering. Just signed an offer for 120k a year. I’m only 23 and this is my first real job. With benefits I’ll be making like 150k and I have no idea what the fuck I am gonna do with all this money

Journalism and a minor in anthropology

Mhmmm. I am a Mechanical Engineer and I remember Mechanics of solids was a bitch. You must have a good understanding of statics. Interesting user.

Finance and accounting, minor in econ.

I choose engineering because that is what I wanted. Engineering widens your horizons probably more than any other field.

how long did it take you to finish your undergrad?

I’m doing a master in information science. It’s pointless and you don’t learn anything, it’s basically for people who are interested in computer science and data science but are too stupid to actually do it.

Either drop it or go to China and actually learn the fucking language

I'm trying to decide bois, should I major in finance, marketing, or entrepreneurship?

Attached: f.jpg (1072x872, 183K)

That’s very lucky. What kind of art do you make? I do photography/design and write poetry

Linguistics

>major is religious studies
>minor is linguistics

ill be the pope some day...

Biomedical Science

I did that, went to a PAC 12 school, went to law school, now I'm a big boy lawyer. Who still goes on Jow Forums at 12:03 am.

You're never leaving.

Lol you at semper fit, bro???

MSc in IT Security. Have my own little consultancy. I love it every time I see the news and see a report about the latest massive hack and it puts the fear of God into people.
Think i´m lucky, demand well outstrips supply and will do for years to come.

just keep being present for opportunities, and hopefully there will be a good one for you as well. i mostly draw now but i have also made cosplay props (which is how i got noticed but i no longer do it)

Just finished first year civil engineering

Did my undergrad in unrelated field (chemical engineering) took 4 years

I studied at the top uni in China... T_T

Tfw still bartending after graduation

Law

>Finance
If you love crunching numbers all day then by all means.
>Marketing
Meme degree. Only those with connections excel
>Entrepreneurship
Since your considering finance I'm assuming your somewhat business savvy. You should be fine