How many of you can even come close to this? No arch

How many of you can even come close to this? No arch.

Attached: 46190950_2154813808180235_7684485141360192553_n (1).jpg (552x441, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/16687698/r
exrx.net/Kinesiology/BenchPress
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Damn
With no arch i can probably do only 150-160kg

>no arch
>yeeee tear that pec and trash your shoulders, don’t want to cheat right?

>implying that's a standard oly bar
>implying those are 45s

bitch's lifting 100lbs max

are you supposed to arch your back when benching? i just keep it straight against the bench

Yes

oh, see you in snabb ceedee then

>no arch

So not a completely legitimate form that is allowed in every single weight lifting competition on earth because it protects your elbows and don't turn benching in a shoulder injury exercise?

Benching is a full body exercise, arch your back and use leg drive. No memeing, look up weight lifting competitions, everyone does that because it protects you for injuries.

You can also unleash your full potential, I needed until I hit 275 lbs before I looked it up how you supposed to bench, I was an entire year on that and wondered what a genetic dead end I must be.
I learned the form and now my max is 300 lbs.

That's 220kg and with a close grip

Don't ever let me catch you disrespecting the Frizz ever again, faggot.
Post body and apologize, or I sic Liz on you.

Attached: e1989d7b35fd99203be02fc703f68976.jpg (625x409, 30K)

you're supposed to arch your back to get into mating position while you bench so the gym Tyrone can fill you up with extra protein and help you make massive gains

Car-los!

>Stop skipping leg day, glutes look like they got the shrink ray

A few minutes of research showed me that everything everyone said about having an arch in this thread was wrong.
Key points are
>arching will NOT prevent injury
>arching was originally used to allow more weight to be lifted when there were no specific rules
>some competitions ban it out right while some have stringent rules about it
>because arching leverages more muscle groups it is not considered a true test of your upper body strength
>arching is however a better all round way to bench as a workout because it uses more muscle groups
TL;DR is if you're just exercising, definitely arch. If you're training for a competition, you may not want to.

Those are 25lbs plates, bitch.

The plates are red so they actually 25kg/55lbs and the bar in competition weighs 25kg (20kg bar + 2x 2.5kg collars) so she's actually lifting 225kg/495lbs. All that with a close grip, just letting that sink in.

>will NOT prevent injury

Nothing prevents injury apart from not training at all. Arching however makes it way more unlikely.

Arch doesn't help prevent any of that or is safer in any way.
People arch just to egolift more weight.
That's it.

>Arching however makes it way more unlikely.
It litterally does not do that.
It has never at any point done that
It will never do that.

Great citations, doc. And good luck with that 1pl8 bench PR, kill it!

It puts your pec in an way less stressful situation. Lay flat on your back and place the bar on your chest while holding onto it and look at the disgusting angle that your shoulder and pec has.
Then build an arch and compare. You can even feel it.

I feel like none of you have ever benched even close to 4pl8. Literally everyone that benches above 4 pl8 would tell you that benching with flat back feels terrible on shoulder and pec with heavy weight.

I dare you. I double dog dare you to post one single solitary scientific citation stating that arch bench pressing prevents injuries or is in any way safe.

I'll wait.

Post a single fucking citation saying that it prevents injuries or is safe other then "Because these faggots who can only lift 405 with reverse catback arches say so".

Yeah I heard your weight on bench is super inaccurate if you arch, it's definitely unfair. I can flat bench 85lbs which translates to 225lbs arched.

strawpoll.me/16687698/r

UNFRIENDLY REMINDER

How the fuck would a “scientific proof” look like you fucking mong? You think someone took 10000 peopel and had half for them tear the pec and the other half not? What a mongoloid question.

There are 1000 sources out there that look at it from an anatomical point of view and give good reasons why it looks like there is way less stress on your shoulders whilst arched.

Then there is millions of lifters that spent their life benching heavy shit and using their anecdotal evidence to suggest that while going heavy on bench press, arching feels better for your shoulders.

And then there is this retard DYEL on Jow Forums that hasn’t even benched 3 pl8 nor will he ever in his life that asks for “scientific proof” (you).

> Benching 4 plate

Dude you're either talking about heavy weight professional weightlifters or heavy roiders.
The overwhelming majority of men who lift (and take it serious, not counting meme lifters) will never bench 4 plates. The bodies of most men are literally uncapable of reaching that without several roiding cycles.

99% of chance that any faggot in Jow Forums claiming he benches 4 plates is LARPing.

Ms. Frizzle is a fucking beast

Attached: 0j14m_1.gif (1280x720, 476K)

These “faggots” that you call out bench twice as much as you with perfectly flat backs.

Some of the most extreme archers have posted their flat bench and it wasn’t even 20kg less.
And here you are, the 2 pl8 bencher on Jow Forums

Underrated

Fucking name one of those flat benchers who can lift a fuckton who will say that arching is perfectly safe and healthy.

Bounus points, none of them are fat as fat asses who put on tons of weight so they have to move the bar less so they can bench more and have the lift be seen as legal.

Here are your scientific references btw:

exrx.net/Kinesiology/BenchPress

This post looks at the anatomy behind the bench press and explains why scapulae retraction (aka arch) lowers the force on the shoulder and puts the pec into a way stronger position.

Arched-145kg
Flat,legs up-145kg
It's an abstract kind of feel

What the fuck do you mean by “perfectly. Safe” you mongoloid? How one human be so fucking stupid, what the fuck is this retarded question?
Lifting more than 200kg with your arms is never “perfectly safe”. No one here has even ever said that.
If is SAFER than doing it flat backed.

kek is there a bigger meme than legs up? i can lift the exact same as well.

Lot of scientific references.
Not a single one states that arching prevents injuries or is safer.
Only that retracting the scalpula will help with the bench, and not going down all of the way helps prevent injuries in some.

It does say that doing it with arch lets you bench more weight however.

So there's that.

Yes bitch. I know it's not safe. Most bench injuries come from people who are too fucking stupid to respect the bench.
No it isn't.
Arching your back is in no way safer.
Not from a biomechanical standpoint and not from a logical standpoint since you are in fact lifting more weight because of said arch.

all the best benchers arch. flat back bench is the same as heels together, completely upright standing press, that is, fucking stupid.

>all the best benchers arch. flat back bench is the same as heels together, completely upright standing press, that is, fucking stupid.

Now that
Is some fucking TOP NOTCH bait.

Be like geared up future cripples who destroy their bodies to lift heavier for no reason other then to lift heavier

Lift normally to gain strength and mass and be healthy and aesthetic and functionally strong

>reverse catback

Bro, retracting your scapula and keeping a tight back to create a platform is not reverse catbacking. Hold your horses.

Gotta keep your back tight. That results in a slight arch. Don't go crazy though.

Your rebuttal

Attached: index.jpg (303x167, 8K)

OP you literal mong, how long do you even lift and what are your stats?
It's really obvious even on lower weights that the weight goes too much to your shoulders with a flat back.

Keep on coping copeboy

>I'M SO ANGRY ALL THE TIME

What is the dumbbell equivalent?

Those are reds nigga. It's 220kg = 485!

Those are actually 55's bitchboy

Ass isn't on the bench
Bad form

>is a healthfag
>unironically uses the phrase "functionally strong"
*snap*
lol. keep doing those STRICT 1pl8 presses. you're so much stronger than people who OHP 2pl8+, because they lay back and don't even have their heels together.

What are you talking about retard, you don't risk injuring your spine by arching, the force goes to your pecs/shoulders.

reds are 25kg, thats 485lbs

1.This entire argument is about the health and safety of the arch. You fucking retard
2..I infact DID use "functionally strong" ironically.

Sure...why not.

retracing the scapulae IS arching because there is NO way to maintain the retraction without building a proper arch when there is 200kg pressing into you.

Arching DOES shorten the ROM which is exactly what the article says prevents injury.

For fucks sake it isn’t exactly hard to understand

1.The only reason you can't maintain that retraction is because you can't fucking lift that much weight without arching
2.The reason they do the arch is to be able to lift more weight then they should and use a shorter rom so they don't have to go down so far.

Your entire argument is ass backwards becasue you are doing nothing but trying to justify that ridiculous dangerous as fuck movement.
NOTHING in powerlifting is fucking healthy or safe. It's all about lifting heavy shit and ego lifting. Deal with it.

I cant believe there are still people who dont know how to bench when they have the internet.

(You)

does this count Jow Forums?

Attached: bp.webm (1080x1920, 1.58M)

Yes.
For SOME powerlifting meets and ego lifters.
Most people won't let them use the arch.

holy fuck is that what you faggots call an arch? that's literally just proper form.
probably not legal in pl because of the bounce I guess.

It's not legal in basically all PL meets of note because his ass is off of the bench.

desu I also hate ultra arch 2 inch ROM bench press like this vid

Attached: 1541781871910.webm (640x640, 1.71M)

there is not a single point in this lift where ass left the bench

Then how in the fuck was he using his legs.
You can clearly see his ass hopping off of the bench during the lift.
Not competition legal.

lol mate it's me in the video, of course it's not comp legal there was no pause in press, but ass was on bench, i just ultra flexed it i guess lol

Always wanted to suck a brap right out of her ginger ass in the back of the bus.

absolutely not.

>says stupid shit
>gets promptly BTFO'd
> Deflects
Pure unadulterated S.O.Y

LOL
Fag I was doing 315 for reps at 16 and still think that legs helping you and ass off the bench arching is bullshit.
There is no scientific study stating that it's fact. YOU PEOPLE are the ones saying it's safe when everyone of note on the fucking earth says the opposite.
The only people who say that it is safe are ego lifters. That's it.

Your legs are shaking like fuck bro.
No PL comp is going to let you get away with that much airhump.

i dont compete, this is just normal training pr

It's this magical technique called leg drive

She was in space in this episode nigga she was telling people about how low gravity on the moon works smdh

is this legal in brench press contests?

Attached: deadlift.jpg (542x744, 60K)