How do I get rid of acne, Jow Forums? So fucking tired of this shit. Should I just wait a couple years for it to pass...

How do I get rid of acne, Jow Forums? So fucking tired of this shit. Should I just wait a couple years for it to pass? Had it for about 2-3 years already
t. 19 year old

Attached: grG1Oi7kzsPzvHvTcQh35HPOhOg-FcxON45l9v-0UUk.jpg (633x758, 46K)

best to see a specailist. I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to it but asking online will just bring up memes that you should already do like "drink water" and "change ur sheets"

1. Go to a fucking dermatologist y'ah tard. Ever wonder why rich people have decent skin?

what are you doing currently and how consistently do you stick to the routine?

what if i dont have acne but just few pimples once in a while?
what is some prevention or shit i can put on my face to make it better?

alright i'll help you user, i have a soft spot for acne sufferers since i was one myself. i've helped a lot of people get clear skin.

first answer some questions:

0. Are you a girl or boy?
1. Is it inflamed (red), or is the acne present without redness?
2. What kind of acne is it? pimples/zits (small, have a head), nodules/cysts (generally no head, big)
3. How long do the spots persist, assuming you dont mess with them?
4. Where is it located? On your back and neck? Where on your face?
5. Do the spots leave red marks that last for a while after the spots are gone?
6. Do you drink milk, or eat cheese, or onions products?

Attached: 1543888902001.gif (375x346, 3.59M)

Things a dermatologist would give you

INB4 a dozen meme things that people sweeear worked for them

OP here. I went to a couple of dermatologist 2 years ago, they gave me some meme advice and creams which didn't work.
0. Boi.
1. It's not inflamed, no.
2. Pimples/zits.
3. I haven't really paid attention, I'd say they switch up every month or so.
4. Nothing on back or neck, face only. Near the eyes on the sides, between the eyebrows, and upper cheeks mainly.
5. I never noticed any red marks.
6. I drink about 16 oz of milk per day with protein shakes.
Any help would be appreciated.

stop consuming cow's dairy, and try goat's dairy
works for me

sounds like mild standard t-zone acne to me. interesting that it's not red/inflamed, that's good.

there's a lot of things, most mild/minor, that can aggravate the skin and cause acne like you describe. in this mild type it's not usually hormonal, so there's a lot of things you can try that should help.

one big thing to try is cutting out the milk for 2 weeks and see if that helps. hormones in the milk can aggravate skin and cause acne of all types, especially if you're in your teens or early 20s.

medicated topicals:
>benzoyl peroxide 5% or less, dont use 10%
>benzaclin (BP+clindamycin), same

general products:
>get a facewash without microbeads that has bha (salicylic acid usually), use it once a day in morning
>try an aha facewash (carboxylic acid) every day, or an aha facewash (glycolic acid) 2 times a week if the bha one doesnt produce results after 2 weeks, same use in morning
>use a moisturizer after washing your face, it should have an spf 15 in it (sun can cause mild breakouts like you describe), important for oil control
>wash your face with water only twice a day (this is v important) if you can but always after exercise, use a towel during exercise to keep sweat off the face (the goal is to reduce natural oil output by your skin)
>if you have hair longer than 3 inches or so, change your pillow case every few days, and wash your hair with shampoo twice a week esp if you exercise (the oil in the hair can transfer to the face easily).
>make sure not to touch your face, you might do it a lot more than you realize
>take an omega 3 (anti-inflammatory eicosanoid) supplement, not 3-6-9, and limit fast food, which is high in omega 6, which increases inflammation in the skin.

There's a chance it's not acne and is actually rosacea, eczema, or some kind of dermatitis. If these basic things don't help after a month, then see a dermatologist. At the very least be greatful you dont have moderate or severe acne :)

Attached: 1542873525739.jpg (604x460, 60K)

checked
thanks user
I'll order the facewash and moistuizer today.
I have a couple more questions.
1) When should I wash my face with water only? Afternoon and evening? And what should the water temperature be?
2) What should I replace milk with? Bulking rn.

You should wash your face in the morning and at night. Having a washed face before exercise is important, if you exercise say at noon I'd wait to wash your face then, before exercising. It's ok though to wash your face 3 times a day if you're exercising because it's important to get the sweat off as soon as you're done. You just don't want to get in the habit of washing your face eg every 4 hours, it dries out your skin and causes you to produce more oil, which makes you want to wash your face more etc nasty cycle.

Water temp can be cool-warm, excess heat causes inflammation and irritation. Also Pat dry not scrub or rub with the towel. The goal is always to irritate the skin as least as possible, because inflammation does the actual damage and determines how long the spot will be there.

You should find once you start using a moisturizer in the morning and at night, your skin will produce less oil after a few weeks and the shine will go away, and your complexion will be more even.

Try just replacing milk with water or maybe almond milk. Onions is no good imo, I'd stay away from that. You can always get your milk calories from something else.

Cottage cheese can be ok, but i'd cut all dairy for 2 weeks and see how it goes. If you are sensitive to lactose you can get breakouts as well.

If you find a lot of your breakouts seem to be caused by sweating or exercise, or shaving, you could add an aha cleanser with the bha, and use the aha in the morning as it actively scrubs off dead skin cells, and the bha at night (it accelerates shedding).

Attached: 1543435647732.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

Onions is no good*

Soi ffs Jow Forums

Attached: 1543520569750.jpg (493x449, 43K)

accutane, wash face everyday, first warm water then cold, dont touch your face, dont eat to much sugar, not smoking, drinking helps, change bedsheets and pillowcase regularly, accutane still has the best succes rate, but there is a small chance of severe sideeffeccts

>wash your face with soap after you wake up and before bed
>clean towel over pillow
>don't eat junk food
>stop touching your face

Unless you got some really bad acne, that'll be enough to get rid of it

Accutane is too much for OP, a dermatologist would never prescribe.

OP could try a topical retinoid like retin a micro, but still that's overkill, it's noninflammatory acne.

Stop consuming dairy. It cleared my face up

This man speaks the truth. I used benzoyl peroxide 5% and 8100mg d calcium pantothenate per day and it disappeared, never to return again

If it's actually bad then accutane.

Thanks for the advice frens. I will lay off dairy for a couple weeks and get started on the facewash and other things.

yea i agree didnt read replys first lol

Don't listen to anyone else, i'm gonna give you the complete formula.

>wash your face every 12 hours with a gentle, non-comedogenic cleanser
>use your fingers/hands to wash only, don't rake a washcloth across your skin
>gently blot your skin dry with a clean towel
>apply a low% benzoyl peroxide cream to your entire face
>when it dries, apply a gentle non-comedogenic lotion to your entire face
>do this entire routine every 12 hours

>drink a gallon of water minimum per day
>change your pillowcases, towels and sheets every 3 days max
>sleep on your back, or if you can't, make sure there is no hair product on your hair when you go to sleep
>dont stay up late, get 7 hours+ of sleep per night

There, your acne will disappear and never show up again. But if you falter on just one of these things it will return.

Accutane is taking a chainsaw to your face. Months, up to a year of purging side effects. A real dermatologist would probably just give you sulfur cream which you can basically OTC anyway.

I'm so sick of /fa/ggots coming in here and recommending absolute bullshit like baking soda + apple cider masks. That shit will make you worse yet nobody listens to me because they're desperate.

This, accutane should be reserved for the most severe, hideous cases possible. I took it for moderage acne a decade ago and i have chapped lips for life.