Fit Faith

Is fit religious? If so how does it motivate you?

Attached: 88EE9BF3-D031-4BA2-8512-0BAA222FCD1E.jpg (468x487, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=klZMjUk-O34
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would love to be religious but for some reason cultural and personal factors have caused me to be unable to earnestly engage in any faith.

I was raised LDS and that religion is such obviously made up bullshit that I think I process religious information through that critical lens and I always end up coming to the conclusion that it's not real.

I wish so hard I could earnestly believe and be faithful. To be a part of a community, have a sense of my place and purpose in creation, have the comfort of repeated rituals, an environment to serve people (I do service now too but it's not the same as when we would help out people from the church when I was growing up, it's always like I'm descending down to some wretched outgroup to grace them with my glorious soup ladling and money collecting skills), a system of beliefs and a culture to raise my children in.

IDK I think being a white affluent educated coastal westerner means you don't get to enjoy actually being a part of any folk culture, I've been entirely consumed by mass culture and can't break away from the materialistic worldview even though I've tried.

Any tips on this bros? I bet I could lift more if I believed in god. I know I'd feel better about things.

I'm catholic, and I'd say it's helped me lift for the right reasons. You see it all the time, people lift for girls or to look good, and when they fail that they lose motivation. 1 Corinthians 10:31 says "whether you eat or drink, whatever you do, do for the glory of God". I've taken this to heart with lifting. My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, it's one of the best gifts God has given me. I'm not disabled or disfigured, no real health issues, and I can't be more grateful for that. By lifting I keep my temple presentable and functional, and because I am made in the image of God and given this great gift of His, I bring glory to Him by treating it well.

good goy

Attached: 15432756455.png (800x1106, 100K)

>Christianity is a jewish trick
holy shit lmao it's recursive

youtube.com/watch?v=klZMjUk-O34

I lift to fight the degeneracy

>Vid HEAVILY related

Attached: 153645c4a132a2d4a75aa121b74b071f.jpg (1600x2132, 299K)

>Low IQ attempt at reactionary thought

jesus this is really cringey. Don't go around telling people you're conservative, lumpy

Hey bud.

I was raised Mormon too on my mom’s side, bio dad was atheist and killed himself. I was born a bastard and the church ostrisized my mom for not giving me up for adoption.

I struggled with religion my whole life but recent struggles i found my way back to the Bible. I delved deep into existentialism/absurdism (Kiekengaard/Nietzsche/Cioran/Kafka/Camus, etc) Eastern philosophy (Buddhism/Daoism) Bhagavad Gita shit. Law of Attraction shit Earl Nightingale.
Left America, Lived abroad, learned Korean and Russian, really opened my mind but I was still lacking, and always contemplating suicide often, had a gun, slept raw with strangers, pure nihilism and hedonism.

Somehow ended up Christian again after going through all of the insanity. Don’t let churches, organized cults, and idiots sway you from the real deal. From a historical perspective there’s just too much evidence for the life, death and rebirth of Jesus. Records from Romans who weren’t fans of Jesus, Jews who hate Jesus and think he’s boiling in hot extrement(they really think this), Muslims, and the gospels all acknowledge that he really lived. If you can’t believe in Jesus based on historical accounts, then claims of people like Alexander the Great have no merit whatsoever.

Current Christianity has been usurped by all lot of deceitful individuals. Don’t fall for their bullshit. Read the Bible, look at Hebrew/Latin/Greek, see the idioms/metaphors/similes in the context of the time and place 2000 years ago. Chuck Missler(24 hour guide to Bible), C.S. Lewis(Mere Christianity), Ravi Zacharias, all get you started.Things are gonna be alright.

Attached: 45949BDA-D67C-416C-B86F-FB8FF0929501.jpg (480x700, 35K)

Truly user I think the reason you feel this way is that the LDS did not provide you with something useful in your life. For me, Christianity helps me to deal with anxiety because it puts my mind at peace knowing God will watch out for me. I think you should find what causes you consistent pain in life and find a religion which puts it at ease. For example, if you are worried about material possessions, find a faith which provides you fulfillment based on spiritual discipline. What helped me was becoming spiritual first and then religious shortly thereafter. Take the process in steps and you will surely find peace.

Thanks guys, I will look into the recommended books and look into finding something I benefit from
I appreciate the advice.

Hey bro i've struggled with kind of the same thing. I wasn't raised religious at all, but I did go to a Catholic university. I have not been to many religious services to be honest but it's weird, i find myself thanking God for my blessings and the beauty of nature and stuff.
I had a friend invite me to his church (a mega, contemporary evangelical) and it was kinda weird tbqhfamilam. There was a rock band lol but the service itself was good. not really my cup of tea but everyone was abnormally friendly and i had a great time talking to folks afterwards.
I prob wont keep going to the church because awkward christian singing and music but I will continue to keep looking for a church that's more my style.
I do believe in God and know that He has a plan for me, even if i feel stuck at times.
My faith aids my lifting i think - i lift to make my body better, and to keep myself focused. I lift because it's a time that i have to myself when there are no other distractions, and i also lift so i can be stronger in order to help other people when i am able to.
Remember bros, faith is knowing that God has a plan for you. Praying is not asking God for anything other than patience to see His plan fulfilled, and for giving thanks. Go well bros and have strength and peace knowing that there are great things in store for all of us.
Not only are we gonna make it, we're almost there.

unbelievably based
brought a tear to my eye

I believe in the Greek Gods.
The Elysian Fields are reserved for heroes who challenged the limits of humanity and those who go beyond those limits become Gods themselves.
Both, beauty and strength are divine and should always be strived for.

Attached: Ares Borghese.jpg (1200x1807, 260K)

Revelation 3:9:
"Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee."

The Jews today are Khazar impostors that worship the devil. The real Jews were also known as Judeans and are lost to the sands of time. None of the tribes of Israel exist any more.

That was Epic

Born in a bushitty pseudo catholic family. Edgy as I was, I labeled myself a Satanist when I was twelve. Then I just realized I was an atheist.

When I was struck with crippling anxiety during my teens I started meditating to see if it gets better. Got into Buddhism, and then I started to compare Buddhism and Christianity. Saw that there are many similarities. Started reading other religions. Taoism. Judaism. Hare Krishna. Islam.

Nowadays I do believe in God (although I don't believe in great old men in the sky, I think it's more of an under-our-nose thing). I think all religions are deep and have great meaning and wisdom embedded in them. Still, I can say I sort of created my own faith through a mixture of Christianity and Taoism (because these are the ones that speak more to me, I guess)

The sad thing is most people get stuck on the most superficial parts.

Blessed reply. I lift for the glory of God, to keep his temple holy.

Attached: 1530878388236.png (468x487, 304K)

Not trying to be edge but what use is religion? What do you get from it that you can’t find elsewhere? How can you swallow the mythology they throw at you?

Attached: 1539426234039.png (1288x1732, 584K)

As someone who's struggled with faith and a relationship with God,
when most of the Christians I knew turned into toxic hypocrites and I started questioning how I could believe in a religion that those people also believed in yet behaved abhorrently.

This threads strangely reassuring, it's not as bleak as my bad experiences with 'christians' as I thought. I miss the faith but I don't trust the people who follow it

i'm a danish mormon, my family are mormies going back to like 1880 and many of them are stake presidents, bishops etc. personally i find the technical evidence for my religion pretty shaky but i would die for the church based purely on the good work they do in Denmark, they are literally some of the only non-degenerate and nationalistic people around, and my stake president recently gave a talk about the importance of national identity and the preservation of the Danish people, culture and language, which is something i really needed to hear

so at least currently i love the mormie church

This is partially correct, what we understand as Judaism is called Rabbinical Judaism which traces to the Pharisees, one of several sects of Judaism, most of which were wiped out by the Romans. The Pharisees, fled to Babylon where they codified the Talmud, which forms the basis of most Jewish teaching today.

Raised Catholic, taken confirmation, etc. I've never felt a connection to anything about it other than the Aesthetics. I also know that the Bible is unclear on a lot of things, Peter and his charge to lead the faithful isn't one of them.

Attached: 1483437121797.jpg (640x631, 67K)

probably closest label I would place on myself is unorthodox christian. On my worst day I am still an agnostic. Lot of good has been done through the bible and despite how old it is I still see it as full of universally true principles.

I wish I could be more into it like user here
but bad experiences more so than the bible itself, have put me out of christian communities. Average to awful leadership at many places I have been has not made me enthusiastic to be at these places. Also being raised in a community and discovering that so many of these religious people are full of shit really rubbed me the wrong way.

Attached: 12325151.jpg (186x217, 14K)

Antisemitism is my religion. I train to destroy jews

You should read some C.S. Lewis if you're interested in Taoism, look up him and Taoism and there's a fantastic book where he compared it with Christianity in relation nto absolute truth

It's called the Abolition of Man

>no
>therefore it doesn't

everything ive been taught in school indicates the scale of the universe is gigantic and theres a whole world even in the smallest speck of dust. it would be insanity to think there arent beings greater than us. what i dont believe, is that any human religion knows whats out there

Attached: 1538553078421.jpg (739x820, 65K)

The Bible isn't even close to being the complete picture, it's why the Catholic and Orthodox churches rely on the teachings of the Church Fathers. The Bible is part of the scriptures but the scriptures do not stop at the Bible by far.

Sola scriptura is meme-tier, all you have to do is change the translations of a few key words and the meaning totally changes. See the Scofield bible and the birth of American protestant philosemitism as a result.

It helps cope with existential anxiety and lack of purpose in life. You don't need to fully believe any religion but you can draw inspiration from religious texts and stuff, there's a lot of knowledge our ancestors passed down to us

see
To understand the importance of religion you only need to see what happens when it is absent. Know them by their fruits, etc.

Revolt Against the Modern World is actually a very good introduction to this idea, foundation in a metaphysical ideal is crucial to the survival of Civilization. He actually really doesn't like Christianity but acknowledges that it was better in the past. Only addresses Catholicism though and Orthodox theology on a lot of things is quite a bit different.

Attached: 71ztNjrAcjL.jpg (1400x2129, 217K)

Unironically some of the best evangelism for zoomers out there

jesus isnt really acknowledged in judaism at all same thing with how the christians dont acknowledge the LDS because Christianity conflicts with a lot of shit in the Old Testament. The pagans know this and take advantage of Christianity to create a bastardized ethnic version of it which is positive christianity. if you actually believe in God then you follow a real monothiestic religion. Catholicism and Protestantism are both bad and ethnic paganism breeds arrogance in the soul just look at this board

revelation is also probably fanfiction

imb4 merchant ive just actually read the OT

>The Jews today are Khazar impostors that worship the devil. The real Jews were also known as Judeans and are lost to the sands of time. None of the tribes of Israel exist any more.

anybody can convert to Judaism as per Ruth, bvut you're pushing an agenda and are against God anyways