Okay dudes, I'm on the verge of not making it and I need you guys to talk me into fucking making it, once and for all

Okay dudes, I'm on the verge of not making it and I need you guys to talk me into fucking making it, once and for all.

Here's the background:

I'm 28, I didn't work out at all my entire life but decided to stop the bullshit and start lifting weights. I've been going somewhat consistently for 5 months now, but I hurt myself doing deadlifts last week (pulled a muscle in my lower back) and now I'm constantly contemplating quitting.

I've been more inconsistent prior to hurting myself too, which sucks. I love it when I'm there but hate waking up and going.

Also I still feel really out of place at the gym itself. I go to a pretty serious place, and I'm by FAR the weakest dude there. I still train with a coach and it's too expensive but I'm too much of a pussy to train on my own, especially now that I hurt myself.

I'm starting to think weight lifting isn't for me, that I'm too much of a spaz, that I should be further along than I am at 5 months.

But here's the thing, I'm like this with everything in my life. I can never do anything consistently and I always end up quitting. I HATE myself for this, and I want to change so badly, but my discipline and motivation is so off and on and I've never been able to force myself past the intense anxiety I get.

Guys, please help. What is the magic answer I need to get my shit together? I want to get strong as fuck. Some of my lifts are pretty solid already, but some are way behind. I mean I pulled a 4 plate deadlift already... that felt awesome, but then the next week I pulled my back out doing significantly less.

I know a lot of you are just going to call me a pussy, but seriously, I want to finally move past this pussy mode. It's not that it's hard, it's that it feels impossible.

How do I stop being scared all the time?

Attached: 324234242.jpg (534x800, 80K)

Stopped reading after 3 sentences.

You're a 28 year old man. If you need encouragement from strangers to get going with something, you will never make it.

Be a fucking man and do it. Stop making excuses.

Bump

It's not too late my dude, get after it. In your case, talk to a personal trainer who knows what theyre talking about. Lifting may not be for you and that's ok.

Don’t know what else to say other than if you’re doing it for the right reasons, i.e. to improve yourself, fuck what anyone else thinks. Don’t be a douche in the gym, and just get in there, lift, and get out. The more you go the easier it will be, and the anxiety will lessen.

Good luck op.

FPBP

Tldr past 1st section. Injuries are a part of life regardless of what your hobby is. Consistency is key in any aspect of your life if you want to succeed. It's easy to quit. I do it because I know I will regret it later. "If only I never quit a year ago, where would I be now"

Wow thanks for the blogpost faggot

Attached: 1513286397751.png (356x356, 134K)

Just quit. You sound like a pussy bitch who doesn't deserve the gains.

this is pure bro science but the first time I heard of a deadlift I thought it was retarded and I still believe that

I would rather lift an amount I know I can lift comfortably and do it till failure but thats just me

I would say fuck a coach, bring a buddy to the gym as your motivation/ to keep you i guess comfortable at the gym if you dont like going alone

as far as the motivation thing that's all gotta be internal. I dont wanna go to work ever, but i got my ass up at 7am today for work because I didn't even view not getting up as an option. if you want to be fit, if you wanna get big you have to view going to the gym the exact same way

tl;dr

Talk to your coach about it. Honestly.

Here's a TLDR:

I'm a wussy bitch and I want to not be a wussy bitch. Help.

Also not to bite the hand that feeds but if this is too long of a post you guys might want to start reading books and the like, build up your ability to not get bored reading shit.

Attached: 546345634645.jpg (1039x1336, 192K)

that nose job wasn't done very well, nose is nice and petite, nostrils fit the beak she must've had before

ignore all the faggots in this thread

get a membership at anytime fitness or wherever that's 24/7 and go late on weekdays or weekends because (hardly) no one will be there and you can take your time and do whatever you want.

im 6'2' 225 pretty big dude with good looks but still don't like going to the gym when there is a lot of people so i get where your'e coming from it's not something you just suck up and be okay with

Attached: i055982.jpg (922x498, 69K)

>I hurt myself doing deadlifts last week (pulled a muscle in my lower back)
>He fell for the "Linear progression bruh, just deadlift ever workout brah, keep getting that weight up. Compounds totally matter brah just put more weight on the bar keep putting weight on the bar every workout, reps don't matter man just put weight on the bar and do GOMAD brah all that matters is strength homiue you just gotta lift so much weight. Girls don't even like abs or definition dog just weight and everyone cares how much you lift that's all that matters" incel Jow Forums SS meme
lmao

if you are too nervous to go to the gym, like me, then just buy a bench and some dumbbells and do Bulgarian split squats until you can afford a squat rack.
However, ideally you should be able to overcome your insecurities and go the gym regardless of social anxiety. I still havent gotten to this stage yet desu.

You've been a quitter your whole life?
Well if you quit this you'll always be one. Except this time nothing else comes next to try. Ignore the lazy voice saying don't go or skip the gym. Ignore the weakness that says stay home, sleep in. It isn't the real you, you've said it yourself you like working out once you're there.
Whatever perspective it takes, use it. Lift to be selfish, to glorify yourself and extended your lifespan. Lift to look better, feel better, as a totally selfish investment in you.
Lift for your family and friends so you can be there longer, and be a more strong/useful/good looking person. Lift for the discipline that you so clearly lack, lift to save your manhood and will power and future. Lift to Kindle the flame of passion. Lift to make more perfect the form your creator poured your soul into. Lift to fulfill the Divine vision. Lift for your soul. But for the love of God, don't be a fucking pussy, and Don't fucking quit. You're not allowed to. You've never been allowed to quit shit, you've been breaking the rules. NO MORE. From now on you play fair and play through. Lift, and by fucking God, you're gonna make it.

Dont you fucking quit you retard

>he fell for the deadlift meme
When will you retards learn

>Be a fucking man and do it. Stop making excuses.
>I'm a wussy bitch and I want to not be a wussy bitch. Help.
And people wonder why male suicide rates are at all time highs.

Post body brainlet. Deadlifts literally transformed my body entirely from dyel to thick solid sikkunt

Deadlifts are a meme excercise and don't build mass

>This whole thread is an anti-deadlift meme.
Fuck off.

Pic related is on the off chance you're seriously just being a little bitch.
Do you want to quit and be pathetic all of your life?
Nobody is going to make you go. But nobody is going to make you better.
You have to do it yourself for yourself.

Attached: 1530904250488.jpg (712x600, 83K)

A torn muscle heals, and you can still recover to 99.99% so your lifting is far from over

>have enough willpower to kill themselves
>not enough to go to the gym for an hour or two.
Lel

holy shit quit feeling miserable for yourself. Watch some patrice oneal or something

This is a good idea. He's really good actually, puts up with my inconsistency, even though I'm sure it's driving him insane.

Attached: 2341242.jpg (640x796, 46K)

Yeah I stopped reading after the first 3 lines. Pathetic.

Fucking hell I'm not reading all of that.
Based off the first word I read and the last, you're a massive pussy faggot.

This is idiocy.

I might be a pussy but at least I can read a couple tiny paragraphs.

Attached: 54634634.jpg (1080x1350, 97K)