/fat/ Exorcisms general

>Who is /fat/ for?
For roundbois who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and excercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. milk, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Previous thread

Attached: easy-1040x763.jpg (1040x763, 101K)

CONFESS

Attached: 1541306603593.png (1229x1160, 58K)

I'm back, like I said I would be. A week ago I posted my plan to do 700 calories a day. So far I've stuck to it, more or less. I did go home to the parent's house for dinner one night and ate a homemade hamburger with chips and an iceblock... and then 3 chocolate bars each worth 110 calories... but apart from THAT I've stuck to it perfectly.

No visible results yet but the scale tells no lies.

I've settled into a routine of a soup for breakfast with some veggies cut up in it (about 150-200 calories), and then a big meal for dinner (about 400-500) calories. Usually dinner is another soup or some meat and potatoes. I've been eating strawberries and blueberries as snacks but I think I'll stop doing that. I'm just not in a snacking mood anymore.

What really fucking sucks is BREAD and CHEESE. I fucking LOVE bread and cheese, and yet they are both very calorie-dense. I'm stuck using sandwich thins for my bread and "lite" low-fat cheese that comes in individual plastic wrappings. Oh for the days of my gouda, jarlsberg, and swiss, on fresh loaf or with Jatz.

Seeing as I've basically got 400-500 calories for dinner I'm going to start cooking proper (if small) meals again. 500 calories is more than enough for some moroccan chicken with some fruit and potatoes.

What I miss most is being full. I'm generally not hungry all the time, just in the lead up to dinner or before breakfast, but I never come away from a meal feeling actually full. That's hardly unexpected, obviously, but still. I do miss that. And I miss delicious huge homecooked meat-and-potatoes-style meals. Once I get down to 55kg my maintenance will be 1700 calories anyway, so that's more than enough space to go back to eating things like that though.

Now it's time for me to go home again to see my parents, and try and resist (and likely fail) the delicious lollies and chocolates they always have stockpiled.

I haven't started working out yet. I really need to do that.

Attached: ss+(2018-12-08+at+02.02.55).png (406x578, 13K)

I ate 1400 calories, having a vegetable only dinner.... but ~500 of those total calories came from ice cream and chocolate....

I HAD GOOD INTENTIONS OF GETTING TO 1200 WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH FORGIVE ME FATHER FOr I HAVE SINNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>1200 calories
why are you suicide rushing it like a retard

>suicide rushing
1200 is about a 1000kcal deficit, how is that rushing things

it's a deficit of nearly 50% of your total TDEE
not only is that not healthy, but can be harmful because of a lack of proper nutrition
when you get to sub 3000-2500kcal TDEE, it's best to throttle back to a 500 deficit, sliding to your goal weight with a solid healthy diet already made a habit
slow and steady does it, otherwise you're likely to just binge back up once you're done

Dad took me out to eat since we had no food. Mom brought McDonalds. Still under my Cal limit and I'm going to skateboard later so I'm safe but know today was a bad day. Good thing we going to grocery store tomorrow. I'll buy some broccoli and chicken.

Attached: Day XX.jpg (677x705, 122K)

>6'1"
>~205 pounds
>still feel as fat as I was at 300 pounds
bros... even though my clothes barely fit me anymore I still feel like a disgusting blob. fuck...

>6'2
>202lbs
>Feel fat as fuck
Even if I'm at 180lbs right now I still have a big belly. I'm going to 150 in hopes I lose it by then. If not i'll go all the way to 140 because any under that i'm considered underweight, but I might be forced too if this belly doesn't go away...

Attached: DtLbBECU4AA3io4.jpg (745x1200, 104K)

>not healthy
it's 2lbs a week, which is the recommended maximum. 1200 is enough for an adult male to remain healthy according to any reputable study. it's not dangerous and if i ever feel like it's adversely affecting my health i'll just go up to 1500 which is more than enough to keep myself functional

>otherwise you're likely to just binge back up once you're done
or just have some willpower. there's a danger of yo-yoing even if i eat 1800 a day so this isn't really an argument

This is true. Im sticking around 1500 a day while currently at 295lb 6'0. Some cardio every day and getting back on a small lifting program until I'm down to where I want to be (200)

Crash dieting is when you're doing like 1000cal a day and walking for an hour. That's barely enough to get anything out of even with vitamins.

Not the user you replied to, but posted
[ ] , I try to stick to 1200 calories because I live a pretty sedentary life so figure I can afford it. I usually manage to stay around 1200 comfortably, but went over a bit too much today :(

Oh well, will be stronger tomorrow

i haven't had a 2k day in literally months, going to be a tough monday boys. i ate the whole acai bowl too.

Attached: forgive me.png (668x630, 31K)

>starbucks
why the fuck would you go there
why even go out to eat at all

how the fuck do you eat 0.35 of a sandich? Did you take one big bite and then throw it away?

its 3/4 of 1/2 of a full cuban sandwich. that was my great accomplishment of today, not finishing that sandwich.

Attached: 1502675359030.png (491x595, 84K)

Hey fatass it would have been better to eat the whole cuban sandwich and skip the fucking strudel

maybe your great accomplishment should have been not buying the fucking strudel

the strudels and cuban sandwich were a gift for the opening at my brothers gas station, i really shouldn't should have given in but todays a weak day, i'll swear off the strudels and give them a shrug like i've been doing every time i see them. i seriously never crack this bad, it's rare.

Cry more faggots.

>implying i'm crying about him fucking himself over
what are you talking about

Attached: 1531232763671.jpg (420x416, 19K)

>eating 50% of your TDEE is now a crash diet
This is how you know you're surrounded by dumb /fat/'s with no self control.

Attached: 1365402715439.gif (480x258, 1.96M)

Thread OP should always be a fatjak

why is everyone itt always so dumb
im glad i won't be associated with you people in a few months

>My lower back hurts.
>My left shoulder hurts.
>My ankle hurts.

All injuries by the way. I do workouts and walks through them. If I keep exercising will these pains diminish over time or just get worse?

Left shoulder stops me from doing some body workouts.
Ankle makes jogging impossible at my current weight.
Lower back just comes and goes with soreness.

Can I even make it or am I a cripple for life?

Attached: incredible shrinking man.jpg (417x206, 62K)

>if i keep hurting myself is that bad?
Protip: pain occurs when damage to the body happens.

If it hurts, STOP. Seek medical advice.

> 41kg goal
> literally wannabe ana-chan
ok user good luck with that

Attached: 1543619520940.jpg (626x1124, 291K)

55kg actually. By September 2019 at the absolute latest or I'm gonna eat a bullet.

So I'm 6'3 and 350 pounds and im hoping to get down to like 220 or 100 kgs

I have just started a diet almost 4 days ago and was sticking to it, my main problem is I have a caffeine addiction and will often drink 2 or 3 cans of red bull a day but since I've started I've kept to just water. Until today where I was out and I hadn't my 11am snack(fruit) or my 1pm lunch (spinach and feta roll) like I was supposed to and it was nearing 4 and with no dairy near this place i had to eat something, so I cheated and ate a scoop fried Chips and
A hamburger.

I felt so guilty bros, I doubled the length and distance I walked my dog in during the evenings and will likely do the same tomorrow.

Anyone else feel like this bros

Attached: Sad Affleck.png (600x519, 185K)

I genuinely don't get how people get more than like 100lb overweight how does that happen

You can't out work a shit diet mate.

Also ffs, get your caffeine fix from a zero valle calories source. Black coffee or tea

Lost 80lb as of this morning, just 6 more and I'm finally out of class 3 obesity...hopefully forever.

*breathes in*

OH NONONONONO THEYRE NOT FASTING BUT THEY'RE TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Attached: 1544201191614.jpg (680x861, 103K)

in my case, i had a mother who never made me proper meals and just told me to eat out and order dinner and since she was always sick, she never ate and so i ate all of what i bought and on the fact i was allowed to go outside because i was a white kid in a ghetto area and my mum thought i would die. after years of this happening and my mum not being able to do much, i continued to get fatter and i developed a body dysphoria where i didnt notice how fat i was getting.

Just drink black coffee my man.

the ladies who arranged my meals for my diet told me not to drink coffee, so the other day i had a zero sugar monster to calm my lack of caffine headache i was getting

the boomer one?

yea

They said no to coffee but you thought monster zero would be ok? BAKA son. Oolong tea is bae in your case then. Even better than coffee, many added benefits. (Oolong is my favorite for taste but really any style of tea will do, as long as it's actually tea, the plant species Camelia Sinesis)

they said that it was okay for me to have a monster zero and it says diet sodas are okay in moderation

so im trying to keep my caffienne intake to a minimum

Monster zero okay, coffee no. Happen to know their reasoning?

Maybe they assume that everyone thinks the starbucks fatblaster 9000 shake with extra cream and sugar is a coffee

I need a good CICO diet. please help.

1700 calories per day sounds nice

>calculate ur tdee
>check the calories of what u eat
>make it less than ur tdee
>thats it

>>calculate ur tdee
>>check the calories of what u eat
less than that. But idk what to eat that's less than 2600

Chicken and broccoli. Use spices.

it doesn't really matter as long as its under but try to eat healthy obviously
make sure you get enough protein its filling
people are going to to tell you to eat nothing but lean meat and vegetables but its better to eat whatever that's under your tdee than to start with an ideal diet and give up a week in

This was what I ate today. Keep in mind, most of the weights are just "estimated", as I didn't weigh the food.

I was weighing things for a while, and losing weight. But I don't know how much weight is on the end of a knife? Like if I am buttering bread how much is on there? I know it's kinda trivial but it's just small things like that that annoy me.

Attached: 1537223301076.png (894x1013, 54K)

Absolute degeneracy

>most of the weights are just "estimated", as I didn't weigh the food.
buy a scale asap do not do this

I only decided to start my diet like 20 minutes ago

amazon com/dp/B004164SRA/
order this or go to a store and buy one right now

I've got one and will weigh my food tomorrow.

Problem is, I still live at home so I don't usually cook for myself.

well start now

I've lost over 50 lbs doing so, still have it kept off and going strong. Fasting does give better results, but is not needed to lose weight

use measuring spoons...

A combination of poor circumstances as a child that prevented the development of healthy habits, and clinical depression for me. I had been overweight all of my life, but there was a period of a few years where I massively packed on weight because I was coping with suicidal depression and intense anxiety by only rarely leaving the house to turn in my schoolwork (I was in an independent study program) or to go to therapy. I was getting a small amount of exercise because my family demanded it but I was on medications that stifled weight loss and I ate terribly. I got to be about 110 lbs overweight and I didn't even realize how bad it was until my life improved later, I got a job, and shed 70lbs just from being off the medication and working. I knew I was fat, but I didn't understand how fat I was until I saw a picture of myself from a year or so before I started working; I was shocked that the butterball filling up a whole armchair in that photo had been me.
I think as long as there's a lot of distracting shit going on in your life and you're still capable of performing your necessary daily tasks without assistance, it's not that hard to let yourself go. What I don't understand is how people let themselves get to the point where they can't walk themselves to the toilet or wipe their own asses.

Make it forever! You're almost to your goal but it will be a lifelong effort to keep that weight down. It will be worth it if you stick to it.

Seeing as crash dieting/suicide is now much more extreme apparently, what is the healthiest amount of weight to lose in a week?
Every app will say 2lbs but I honestly want to get into the habit of eating less and moving more, so losing more than 2 a week is just something that's going to happen.

So I made chicken broth again, but this time it boiled a lot. Almost until nothing was there. Well I put it in the fridge, scooped out the fat but noticed the entire thing is now jelly. It's tasty, but jelly. When heated, it turns all watery. Is this normal?

Yes, it's when you boil bones and cartilage long enough, the collagen in it turns into gelatin which is liquid at higher temperatures but solid on lower.

sailrabbit.com/bmr
average tdee - 1000
there you go

protip: don't fuck with the activity settings, sedentary is fine

Cheers user. I put some of it on some chicken meat balls... and holy shit this 400g pack had 800 calories in it. I'm at 1.3k for the day and won't eat anything anymore, although I still have a chicken leg made ready but I'll eat it tomorrow instead. Holy shit I had no idea. All this from one package with 400g.

Attached: chicken meatballs.jpg (935x198, 66K)

Just use your TDEE and don't go lower than 1000cal if you're female / 1200cal if you're male. Make your calories nutrient rich and adjust as needed if you feel weak/fatigued/etc. How much you lose each week will depend a lot on how fat you are. No one expects 250+ fatties to lose only 1-2lbs a week.

>look up whey protein 80 in local supermarket
>80g of protein in 100g of product

>check fitness sites protein
>20g of protein in 100g of product

What the fuck? What are normal levels of protein in 100g for you guys when it comes to whey protein? I am trying to look for a cheap way to introduce some protein into my diets without going crazy in calories (like you do with normal foods and aiming for protein).

>I am trying to look for a cheap way to introduce some protein into my diets without going crazy in calories
chicken breast

Expensive to eat every day. Whey seems to be cheaper for the long run.

Are activity levels generally useless or just on that site?

They're useless in general..
There are just way too many variables to consider for the activity level to be any precise at all.

'bout 80g/100 in my whey

YOU ONLY FAIL WHEN YOU STOP TRYING.

>But I don't know how much weight is on the end of a knife? Like if I am buttering bread how much is on there? I know it's kinda trivial but it's just small things like that that annoy me.
Here's a trick user. Put bread on digital scale. Hit "tare" to zero the scale. Take bread off and butter it. Put bread back on. There's the weight of the butter you just applied.

I didn't give a shit about being fat, so there was no reason not to eat whatever the fuck I wanted.

>stop doing exercise for a month but continue sticking to my meal plan
>0 kg lost
>restart exercise
>go back to steady 3kg/month
wtf
don't stop exercising bros

i can get a pound of chicken breast for $1.30, that's about 100g of protons. not sure how much whey costs, if it's cheaper like you say then i don't see why you shouldn't drink it
i'd just see how much various protein sources cost per 100g of protein

activity levels are hard to measure and people almost always overestimate. you're better off just using sedentary and considering any calories you happen to burn as a bonus

Also works the other way around (butter on scale, tare, butter on scale after), if your scale supports negative numbers.

How expensive and how many calories does it have? For comparison.

>parents' diet is 90% hamburger helper or deep fried shit with the occasional can of corn
>balloon up to 240 by senior year of high school
>spend the next 3 years in uni eating fast food because some retard thought it would be ok to allow me to use my student meal plan to eat burgers every day
>get up to 285 before i finally decide that enough is enough
it's really not that hard to understand

I'm torn over adding protien powder to my diet or not. It's hard to get an optimal amount of protein in my daily diet from food, but--and I know this sounds gay and potentially retarded--I'm put off by the idea of consuming a powdered supplement every day. I want to get down to a healthy weight and just do maintenance for the rest of my life. I'm not looking for huge gains or tight muscle definition, although I'd like to have more strength than the minimum I have now, which is why I've started a simple lifting routine.
Can/Should I use protien powder to improve my protien intake for just the first few months of my diet and exercise to promote muscle development, or not bother?

There is nothing wrong with adding protein powder to your diet to fill in the missing amount you need.Just make you sure youre getting 80 % through food.I personally have 100 grams a day just from a shake

Not the dude who asked earlier, but it really depends on the country you live in. I pay 10.99€/kg of chicken breast (6.99€ on sale). That translates to 5.67$/lb or 3.6$/lb. I can get the cheapest whey protein for 13kg / €.

Chicken breast will give me around 32g of protein per euro spent while whey would yield me 58 grams.

I personally still like to just eat chicken tho.

>13kg / €.
meant 13€/kg lol

>Can/Should I use protien powder to improve my protien intake for just the first few months of my diet and exercise to promote muscle development, or not bother?
whey powder isn't really a supplement, just think of it as condensed milk. if you find it difficult or too expensive to eat enough protein throughout the day then putting some whey in a smoothie could be what you need
you should definitely try to meet your protein goals for the day though

>$3.6/lb
absolute state of europe, why is it so expensive?
i guess whey is the best option in that situation

>absolute state of europe, why is it so expensive?
no idea, the best "natural" protein solution for yuros is eggs I guess. I can get 10 for 1€ which comes out to 70g protein if you buy the extra large ones.

Alright, thank you. Sometimes I just need someone to chime in after I read too much and leave myself wondering. I'm not able to meet my goal through food yet, so I'm going to add a little powder to my diet.

I honestly am thinking more and more of just packing my shit and moving to another country, but wherever I look it still seems worse.

>but wherever I look it still seems worse.
move to rural US or Canada
grow your own veggies and raise some chickens
live the neet life you were always meant to

Fasting can be effective, but I lost 115lbs on a balanced diet with a fuckton of exercise. I only ever do a 24-36hr fast on the occasion where I overinduldge or go out drinking.

good meme

Any good fitness related apps one should have? I only recently got a smartphone and I have no idea what the fuck to install. I installed cronometer, but every barcode I scan it doesn't know what it is.

Do walks do anything? There is a state park not too far from where I live.

>Do walks do anything?
Yes, walks are great, especially if you;re also lifting. They won't build up even more fatique like more "serious" cardio would do, burn a decent amount of calories and are piss easy to do as you only need shoes, and even those are not a hard requirement.
They also translate very well into your every day life, being able to just walk a few kilometers without breaking a sweat is great.

Dude if it hurts. Then stop. Lose the weight. That definitely will help with any sort of joint pain since it will allow less pressure on the joints over the long term. Also you might want to check your form and see if your doing it right. If your doing it wrong you could be hurting yourself.

Either get it from something really low cal like black coffee as some of the other anons have said or skip the caffine and let the withdrawal take it's course should be a month or two until your cravings are completely gone.

>breakfast

I’ve ALWAYS struggled to eat breakfast my whole life but the last couple of months I think I’ve mostly cracked it with an Up & Go and a Belvita Breakfast Biscuit. All up it’s about 400 calories though and I’m trying to lose 15kgs over the next 8 weeks.
What’s a filling, easy as fuck breakfast for less than 200 calories? Can it be done? What do you guys have for breakfast of a daily basis?

Just don't eat break. If you want to eat breakfast, get some hardboiled eggs or yogurt and granola into you.

I've eaten terribly the past few days
>chips
>cookies
>whataburger today
I-I'm going on a run soon. Father forgive me for I have sinned.

Attached: 1535756558985.jpg (428x500, 80K)