BOOMER THREAD

30+ Jow Forums, what are your biggest challenges?

I'm in the best shape I've been in since 20 thanks to rock climbing and cycling, but still have a little spare tire on the waist and have trouble getting abs to show. Hard being a boomer.

Attached: boomers.jpg (968x681, 65K)

Hey gramps whatcha doing on the computer?

Attached: 2b1.png (820x331, 191K)

t..trying to get fit.. user

is everyone here under 30, really? And it's a whole board of guys under 30 who are worried about being fit? What the actual fuck? Literally can't be under 30 and not in good shape.

Idk man id hope by the time I'm 30 this place will be a distant and disdainful memory. It got me into the gym and started my self Improvemnet journey but other than a (very) occasional laugh this place isn't good for much.

Attached: hw67pycu3bf11.png (500x400, 133K)

this is sean at age 26 800+ pounds

i contradict that presumption

Attached: sean-1.jpg (800x453, 53K)

you'll be shocked at how quickly you turn 30

and how little has changed

I'm 28, can I join?
After too many years of ignoring my health and social sides of my life for work I'm trying to get in to shape.
Thanks for the reminder, I've been here for the better part of 12 years, I'm closing my browser

I am 29, first came to Jow Forums in 2010. This place has gone way, WAY downhill. There was always some faggotry, it's unavoidable. But there was also no shortage of useful advice.

Now it's just a bunch of cancerous Jow Forums, Jow Forums, and /b/ born zoomers with exactly zero backbone to actually LIFT, but with an inordinately high opinion of themselves, acting holier than thou over being vegan/teetotaler/scrawny/nofap/stoic/redpilled/etc/etc/etc.

I know no generation is perfect, but this generation of people who never didn't have a fucking iPhone in their hands might be the first uniformly useless generation since the dawn of the species.

im 32. Knee injury from sports mostly. I lifted one year few years ago. Didnt know shit then. Im aiming to be at my fittest as soon as possible.

lol you're unironically repeating the most senile statement ever

>television sets are ruining the youth
>video games are ruining the youth
>rap music is ruining the youth
>iphones are ruining the youth

its almost midnight old man go to bed so the next generation can get "ruined"

I'm 34. My biggest challenge is lack of caring, I have to keep pushing out of my head the voices that say: "Who the fuck cares if you're ripped or not?". As a kid, you have no status, so your body is a way of projecting a certain level of superiority over your peers. But now as I've been promoted (which means people, usually suck up to me), have a little cash saved up, have the comfort of vacations and toys... I start to think: "Why bother maintaining your physique".

I've decided, I'm going to finally get on gear, because honestly I don't like these thoughts.

Upper 30s here.
Biggest problem is years of basketball and rugby catching up with my knees. It makes squatting a bitch, so I usually do other lifts.
I refuse to take anti-inflamitories bc of side effects. Really just losing weight and cutting sugar makes a huge difference.

Attached: 1539352968644.gif (287x270, 3.9M)

>joints
Sports are a meme, they hurt your body, and when you lift make sure to always always ALWAYS use good form. Your body needs to literally last you a lifetime... take very good care of it.

33 here. I got in a relationship and ballooned up to my heaviest. Broke up after a few years and now I'm pretty much back to a healthy weight now after a year being back. I realized how much easier it is to gain weight now that I'm older.

How do you like rock climbing, OP? Considering getting into it since I’ll have some more free time.

I’m in good shape but I wish I gained faster-always been on the lightweight side and getting older hasn’t helped that at all. I lift with someone in his mid-20s who started heavy so it’s somewhat frustrating.

31 here and I agree, knees fucking suck and squatting is where I make cuts in my routine. I still enjoy squatting but I just stick to baby weight.

Yeah but for cardio, running or elliptical cannot compete with the added t boost, endorphins and confidence you get from actually competing. Very hard to give sports up.

37 yrs old here. Come at me fellow 4 changlers

See what I mean? You zoomers can barely read. The smart phones and shit aren't the problem. I have one and have played Super Stickman Golf backwards and forwards.

The problem is the little bastards who were given a smartphone by their parents instead of a functioning brain, then shipped off to some State daycare to be raised by the teachers' union because your parents didn't care enough to do it themselves.

Roiding is retarded. Lifting as you age becomes more about keeping healthy than looks

>he thinks his parents didn’t say exactly the same thing about TV sets and that their parents didn’t say exactly the same thing about radio

You’re too young to be old, so cut it out.

I know no generation is perfect, but this generation of people who never didn't have a fucking iPhone in their hands might be the first uniformly useless generation since the dawn of the species.

hmm thats weird because that's not what you actually said. but you're repeating the same senile statement that the youth doesn't have a functioning brain for xyz reason (you keep changing the reason)

this has been repeated through decades ad nauseam and somehow humans keep getting smarter

you remind me of teachers that said wikipedia is a completely unreliable source of information

...no its pretty reliable, you're just...old

Talking to people my own age or younger
Can still build muscle
Test is optimal
Can lose fat easily
Joints still in good condition
I just hate the sort of nihilism people have today it's just an excuse to be immature about everything.

I thought boomers meant baby boomers ie. People who would be 60+ by now?

Im 30 btw so maybe im COPE hahaa

32 here. I've only recently started getting in shape; pretty challenging, I feel like I get injured more easily than when I was in my 20s.

Not OP, but it's fun as fuck. I've been climbing for 6 months. Just remember it's easy to push yourself too hard - tendon strength can't be rushed.

Well, TV sets were bad and ruined several generations. Moral of the story, listen to your elders you insufferable youth.

>just turned 27
>loser in every single sense of the word
>basically had a boomer mindset since I was 19-20 due to being a loser

Suck my 9 inch cock you fucking little twink faggots, you aren't SHIT.

Turned 31 a few months back, been unwell just a cold. Doctors ordered an xray

Currently waiting for biopsy results of a mass in my left lung. Hopefully its benign

Dont waste your lives waiting for things, just go and do them.

>30+ Jow Forums, what are your biggest challenges?
It's simple, really: You NEVER STOP. The older you get, the steeper the hill you have to climb back up if you let yourself sink back to the bottom again. Basically, beyond a certain point, if you stop, you DIE. Your'e going to die anyway at some point but how you die is up to you: you want to die slow, as everything decides to progressively degrade, shut down, stop working? Or do you want to die suddenly without warning? I'd rather the latter of the two. So to reiterate, you can be as awesome as possible right up to the end, or you can slowly decline, become decrepit and useless, then 'fade away' in some fucking hospital bed, after becoming nothing but a burden to everyone around you. Choose wisely. Remember: quality of life is more important than quantity.

>this has been repeated through decades ad nauseam and somehow humans keep getting smarter

Attached: Citation Needed.jpg (600x600, 33K)

Hey loser I'll be fucking your sister soon

(Not him) but it's pretty true though we're reaching all time highs of adults unable to do basic math or even mental math, spelling and short term memory are also significantly lower.

I'm 29, and similar.
I thought I'd be married, modest income, kid on the way, my own small house...
But here I am, much the same as I was when I was 20. Fuck.

good news boys, 30 is the new 20, thanks j*ws

This. There are multiple studies from all across Europe (France, Brittain) that show that IQ has actually been _decreasing_ these past few decades.

I'd like to swim more, my form is shit and i gas out after two laps.

My hair is grey, but it's nice having hair.

Hangovers are terrible

And i forgot, loud things piss me off more

Oh damn. Hope its nothing. Do smoke cigs or weed?

I get tired and sore after just a few minutes of biking and rowing. Is this normal? 2 sets and im completely spent. this is really tough, and i get depressed whenever i feel i didnt do enough.

Attached: 1530831431752.jpg (690x588, 79K)

I'm 42 and get lots of mirez dropping my daughter at preschool.
Still have full head of hair though my beard is a bit Gray.
Have lots of money own a house, business, investment property. Wouldn't trade it to be young again, why go back to playing the game when you already won.

Lifting while watching my lil girl. I put her down for a nap, but I'm unable to get all my sets in before she wakes up. I have only dumbbells so I might to actually go to a gym to get the sets in with a barbell.

Attached: 1532832614548.png (1032x1242, 303K)

>30+ Jow Forums, what are your biggest challenges?
Sleeping with little children who somehow manage to wake up at 6am on saturdays and sundays, but have to be physically carried out of bed at 7am on week days.

>came to Jow Forums in 2010. This place has gone way, WAY downhill
It has gone downhill specifically because you came here.

Fit golden days were 2008-2010. All you fucking 2010 immigrants are what ruined everything for everyone.
2011-2013 were the year whene the cancer got terminal and in 2014 Jow Forums died.

Attached: 1411135092135.jpg (996x1128, 221K)

please tell me life gets better with 30

t. 27 who thought he'd be on the way of "wife house kids" with 30

I'm 30. It's just a number. Life is great, but don't compare yourself to others. Seek wisdom and enjoy your journey. Don't let your culture decide how you should live. The only thing stopping you from happiness is fear or laziness.

Attached: ckRmuIb.jpg (800x1111, 179K)

i'm feeling like getting older isn't getting me anywhere to my dreams and hopes

>>television sets are ruining the youth
>>video games are ruining the youth
>>rap music is ruining the youth
>>iphones are ruining the youth

And they were right.

I won't pretend it's easy, but it gets easier once you know yourself. We tend to do the same shit over and over. It was important for me to be aware of it and change the cycle, age can help but understanding why you react to things the way you do is key. It took mushrooms for me to go deep and see my inner flaws.

>Not telling you to do shrooms

Attached: 1436893690367.jpg (2560x1600, 2.56M)

As of today I am 35 and checking on this board while on the shitter. I hope to really leave this place in the coming year, until then I am going to drink to my fellow boomers!