Are videogames the main cause of health problems and degeneracy in today's society?

Are videogames the main cause of health problems and degeneracy in today's society?

>Promotes a sedentary life, bad hygiene (look at smash babies) and obesity
>Cause addiction
>Long periods of gaming fucks your eyesight
>Produces high levels of soiness
>Make people frustrated and angry

B-but videogames improve my reflexes

You know that's bullshit

Attached: IMG_20181125_113221.jpg (720x1280, 127K)

tl;dr. post more of OP or fuck off, faggot.

video games and leddit are the things emasculating men in our time.

can't stand when people get mad at dumb shit. people getting upset with me over petty things is the reason why i have trust issues to be honest

How do you know he was cucked by his girlfriend?

I used to like vidya a lot, but after i got into lifting and overall sports i never looked back
An occasional game of Red Orchestra is cool, but anything more than that is soifaggotry

>I don't know how to enjoy my hobbies in moderation so that means nobody can

ostfront or 2?
>tfw always play with the lads around christmas time for comfy winter aesthetic

Only a symptom, not the cause. The cause is capitalism and neoliberalism.

I dare any of you retards to call me a commie

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-09-08-51-49.png (720x1280, 906K)

Look into the Darkest Hour mod for RO

No but there is a subsection of society that can't handle entertainment without become an indulgent lump. All media has the same potential. Anyone who can't just dabble in things and continue to enjoy life and get shit done is a child inside. The object of obsession and escapism isn't the problem, the obsession and the decision to escape are.

>Jose Antonio and not Franco
based af my brother

t. self-conscious faggot

Jose was too much of a dilettante playboy. Franco got shit done.

video games are the best non-athletic form of entertainment
if you think otherwise you can fuck off

No, that would be anime.

Who that tiddy?

>routinely play Crusader Kings, terraria and mount&blade
Am I a soi male for this?

Attached: 1516128346412.jpg (2250x1845, 981K)

>Crusader Kings, terraria

No, just an autist.

>>Long periods of gaming fucks your eyesight
I've been playing video games since I was a kid and spent loads of hours in them, and I never had any problem with my eyesight. In fact, video games, or at least the ones I like, helped improve my reflexes

Video games can be beneficial in moderation. Some are good at teaching problem solving etc. They can also be good for de-stressing yourself and winding down after a hard day. However, the level to which they are consumed these days is not beneficial to anybody.

>Are videogames the main cause of health problems and degeneracy in today's society?

no. That's the Jews.

Interesting question, except games don't PROMOTE a sedentary life, bad hygiene and obesity. These issues come when a person spends too much time playing them. Games themselves often promote socializing, going outside on adventures and fantasy shit. The gamer himself is the problem, no need to blame the game for their autism. And the same goes for addiction, eyesight issues and anger. If you get too invested it's your fault. Take a break, manage your gaming time. Or don't fucking buy them, nobody is forcing these things on you. Blaming games is you lying to yourself.

Attached: 11988252_1525907671033432_530148512303729401_n.png (540x780, 357K)

>Promotes sedentary life
So does owning a home.
>Cause addiction.
So does everything with a quick and easy dopamine release. Video games are quite easy to walk away from. People stick to them so hard, not because the game itself is so addictive, but because they don't know how to prosper in other situations and they go back to the game to feel like a winner.
>fucks your eyesight.
Literally not at all. I used to spend up to 26 hours straight playing games, back when I owned them. Eyesight is still 20/20.
>High level of soiness
It literally doesn't. It's just not exercising. Lack of manly behavior doesn't equal feminine behavior.
>Makes people frustrated and angry.
Again, just like addiction. This is not the game's fault. This is the fault of a person who has so little going on that they invest their self worth all in one thing. Whether that one thing be weightlifting, a sport, or a game, when the one thing containing all your self worth isn't working out you get kind of desperate.

Have you ever gone outside? Have you ever left highschool? Critical thought, people. Critical thought.

Anything to avoid taking responsibility.

You're on Jow Forums my friend, this site is a far greater form of degeneracy than any video game.

>jew using jew tactics

the jew fears the gamer

Attached: 1534373950186.jpg (600x780, 129K)

>antisemite doing anything to avoid responsibility

That's right, Hershel. We purposely rigged the credit system to avoid responsibility.

Are you crazy? Don't expose the secrets.

>>Cause addiction
Addiction isn't a bad word. Addiction is only bad if it's detrimental.
>>Long periods of gaming fucks your eyesight
Been Gaming my whole life and still 20/20 vision.

Lmaoing at your lives. People here will declare everything, from eating vegetables to jerking off degeneracy, but you can not lay off the one thing you have going on in your lives. Pathetic. Literally manchildren crying over toys. I can feel your söy from here.

video games take too much time. when i think how much time i spent playing and what i could've accomplished in that time i just get disappointed in myself. i still play the occasional game, but generally i've greatly reduce it.

>video games take too much time.

If your hobbies "take too much time", it's because you aren't managing your time properly. I play about half an hour a day to unwind and I have plenty of time for other stuff. All it takes is will power, self-control, and some scheduling.

I don't get why this board spergs out over the slightest thing vidya related. Do you play more than 5 hours per week? If so you are more than likely wasting your time. Anything less and it's no different than if you read fiction for 30 minutes. I swear this board is full of retarded addicts that can't just do something casually without demonizing said thing due to their own personal issues

Can anybody give me a quick rundown on these guys?
Hitler, Hirohito, and Mussolini are optional

>No Leon Degrelle

Weak.

Any tips on how to maintain my eyesight?

issue is i dont gain anything from play games. any other hobby can bring me actual real life benefits. games bring me nothing.

Gaming can bring you relaxation and engagement, like watching a movie or reading a book.

You're a fucking commie bro what's up

true, but in that case i'd rather read a book since i enjoy it more and personally i think it brings me greater benefit

>sedentary and obesity are consequences of an unhealthy lifestile. Someone can be obese and sedentary without ever knowing what a console is and someone else can be active while playing videogames
>addiction is, again, a consequence of bad habits/mental illness (temporary or not). It's like saying "I like to drink wine while eating, so I'm an alcoholic
>this one is correct though
>People are frustrated and angry over everything. Maybe something like "people find easy entertainment and contentment" would've been better.
t. someone who playis vidya since early puberty, who got obese because of mental illness, got fit and still plays vidya

How the fuck do you only play for a half hour? That's like 2 games of fortnite and it takes me at least 4 to get a fix

Stop playing gay shit like fortnight.

Literally any other game can't compete. I don't like single player games cause they are gay and I can play fortnite with my homies. Fortnite haters are just bunch of little faggy edgelords

>Are videogames the main cause of health problems and degeneracy in today's society?
yes, specifically for kids.

I can't believe i used to defend them.

No, society is just looking for someone to blame all of it's perceived problems. The truth is, the main cause of health problems in society are lack of exercise, lack of free time, and punishing work hours. Parents, Educators, and Politicians drill the idea that being a wage slave is all that matters and anything that doesn't conform to the all mighty dollar is useless.

This is bait

I agree with that video games were my entire life from age 10-16 and crippled my social abilities but I still managed to get my shit together over highschool and can now enjoy them in moderation. It was painful but once you get actual friends you can do other stuff with you realize that there is more to life than video games.

Worked out 10 times a week (8 swimming + 2 weightlifting, 2 hours each) and played games for several hours mostly everyday when I was 12-13 years old.
As someone else mentioned, video-games are not the cause. It's never that simple, just a lazy scapegoat for a way bigger issue.

Attached: 1541549475308.jpg (480x467, 37K)