/fast/ - #341 - Snake Juice Only Edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>Can I fast if I have ___?
See your doctor before fasting if you:
>Have any sort of chronic illness
>Have gout
Don’t fast if you:
>Have type 1 diabetes
>Are malnourished/severely underweight
>Are pregnant
>Are breastfeeding

>How do I safely do an extended fast?
Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (8-10%).

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes, headass.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No

Previous thread:

Attached: she was right.jpg (426x713, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E-uKeFbzpCs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> drinking only snake juice, nothing else
> it's been 48ish hours since I started
> haven't felt hungry or any symptoms of low glycogen
> don't feel different at all

Am I doing something wrong bros?

Attached: laser designaticide.jpg (750x804, 39K)

How to maximize autophagy? I have chronic tendinitis, only minor but been around for years

Should I do extended water fasting or perhaps some dry fasting? Anyone actually cleaned up any thing like this before?

silly question but why is water fasting bad if you have gout?

Asking again from last thread
I fucked up big time and ate a shitton of carbs, how long will I have to fast for ketosis to kick back in? I was doing keto OMAD but I never fasted for more than 2 consecutive days

>haven't felt hungry
completely normal
>symptoms of low glycogen
there is no such thing, you only notice having low electrolytes

Attached: 1516621242050.png (477x396, 47K)

two weeks ago i started eating 1400 cals and been doing IF a few months. my shits have been soft and if i ate a salad i would shit liquid. i stopped eating potatoes and went low carb diet kinda.fiber ive been eating daily. my soft shits caused me to have hemorrhoids. now im lubing my ass with a cream. i stopped IF instantly and stopped giving a fuck about low carb/cal diet.

does IF or cutting cause hemmorrhoids?

Thanks bro everyone hypes fasting up as this difficult thing this is fukken ez

Attached: SOLID.jpg (646x720, 19K)

Post your Snake Juice bottles. You are drinking Snake Juice, right user?

Attached: 20181207_143826-1.jpg (1677x2981, 594K)

Gone from 96 kg to 90 kg with IF.

It is nice I guess

Attached: 1544130766388.jpg (853x552, 73K)

>water fast for 36 hours now
>bored
>hit the internet cafe to play games
>comfortably gaming
>neighbor orders a ramen
>pork broth with all the fixings
>salivating while neighbor demolishes his noodles while playing dota
>hunger and willpower having a world war in my brain
>hunger won
>order the same one neighbor had

i’m ashamed

Attached: 67A69DA8-479D-4723-96BF-205DD0603C9C.png (794x1024, 471K)

Is it normal to go into ketosis after 12 hours? This is after eating a ton of carbs and sugar as well.

No problem at all I'm proud of you.

Keep going bro

24-72 hours pretty normal, but it can be faster too, like this guy
Sometimes I eat carbs on my OMAD at night and get a metallic taste in my mouth (meaning I am in ketosis) the next afternoon. Depends on the individual and carbs consumed.

If I’m alternate day fasting and I’m lifting during my eating days am I just killing my gains? Should I try a different approach? Any other annons have any success with muscle gains on adf?

Attached: 48DC843B-9997-4F6B-AA92-8050521196C5.jpg (1242x1189, 743K)

>am that former fatty who posted my pic in last thread
>get in bed and lay there in the worst hunger pain I've ever felt, actually groaning
>down a bunch of sleep meds and pain killers
>wake up today and hunger is gone

Was that actual true hunger? I have never felt that before and I've been fasting for a while.

Alright, so around 3 days, probably less if you're already keto adapted, good to know
Might be the right time to try and go for my first longer fast, is snake juice needed for a week of water fasting or can I just chew on some himalayan pink salt if I start feeling weird?

You might feel a bit dizzy after a few days (3-4 usually). The himalayan only isn't optimal because you aren't getting your potassium, but it's better than nothing. Alternatively you can do 72h fasts with small refeeds in-between the fasts (so 72h fast, eat, 72h fast...), you don't need the snake juice if you go this route.

I've lost over 100lb over a few years, but I still have excessive skin all about my body. Fasting for autophagy aside, are there any cost effective, non-surgical methods for skin reduction that are worth considering? If not, how might I potentiate the autophagic effect of fasting?

Attached: ^1BFB5B590D6F271B2E37CBD8BE85B49BB15CBE5E3D2CB50F5E^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg (640x480, 116K)

during my 72-96 hr long fast i drink a couple zero calorie monsters a day, is this okay?

Just dust yourself off and get back on track, foo

>TFW can go an entire day without eating but I take one bite of food I instantly have to eat 1.5k in one sitting

Might try this out, go for 72hr and then keep going until I start feeling too dizzy, small keto refeed, then start over
Thanks user, if everything goes well by Christmas I'll be a few pounds under my goal weight

Would crystal light tea packets ruin the muscle sparring part of the fast?
Im gonna not eat and do it anyway, i just need to know what im in for, cause fuck regular water

How is ADF it working for you? Just started it recently and hoping to lose 30-40 lbs

is drinking a zero cal monster ok on a fast if i'm trying to lose fat? it helps curb my hunger and keep me focused

how about for autophagy benefit?

Attached: 20170503_150247543_iOS.jpg (746x911, 112K)

Is this recipe ok for extended fasting?
youtube.com/watch?v=E-uKeFbzpCs

No and no.

It's going pretty good I lost 15 pounds so far I started on November 1st and I started lifting on like the 20th. 5'10 284lbs

>4 day fast
>lost 4kgs
>shrinked stomach
>did you lose weight?
>ye i fasted on snake juice
>you'll gain it back again
>i love when ppl think keto works
>snake juice sounds rancid
>you just have good genetics
>ur just starving urself and losing all muscle
>did u even measure urself?
>r u stupid u need to eat food
I'm never going to bother with normies with fitness and dietary advice. Even with having results in front their eyes, they'lI find excuses to not even not eating for 2 days. Anyone done a 7 day fast before? I went to gym on my first 24h and felt fine but on 72h some band and bw exercises felt pretty tiring.

Attached: 31045652_2116935151657684_4573956222713194997_n_1.jpg (604x483, 50K)

that's an insulin spike from eating again, its makes you more hungry, especially from carbs, that's why its recommended to eat NOTHING, if you consume calories it is not fasting

>bro if you don't eat you'll go into starvation mode
This is what I get.

So I workout Monday and Friday at roughly lunch time, I get hugely exhausted during those sessions, and my heart rate spikes to near max in the first few minutes. This is really frustrating as I can see my endurance performance deteriorating. Fortunately my lifting seems to have not been compromised.

As it stands I currently eat once on Monday and once on Friday after my workout, in order to improve my workout performance should I be having breakfast on those days before the workout given I’m definitely going to break my fast afterwards anyway.

Why am I farting so much?

From 181lb to 168lb, refeed was this. How'd I do?

Attached: 20181208_172945.jpg (1435x1174, 528K)

It's so funny to watch people just accuse you of lying when you tell how you did it and how long it took, it goes too much against their beliefs even though they've never done anything similar and aren't an expert. For me usually it's like "You have no loose skin so I don't believe you" That's a huge compliment though so I don't mind them calling me a liar :D

Go browse r/progresspics and see how normies lose weight, they take years and are happy with shit results. When there is a rare keto/fasting post progress pic a lot of people are just skeptical and hateful since it's more than twice as much weight loss in half the time than what they'd expect and the fucker doesn't even have loose skin. It's especially virulent if you talk to anyone who has lost some weight with normie methods, they often think they're special because they did the impossible and lost a few pounds that one time 1996, it also makes them a nutritional expert.

Do a dry fast every week for as much as you can take (1-3 days, 3 might be pushing it).

Does anyone else feel guilty after breaking a fast, even if it's a good one like 5 days or more? We eating disorder now.

can I safely do a 10 day or so fast, without no-salt?

I've heard that dry fasting is the best option for autophagy, but what can be done to further improve my autophagy gains both during and outside the fasting periods?

I'm 154, 5'7. I just want to get to 140. How long should I fast for? Also snake juice sounds disgusting and retarded and dry fasting sounds like something only gandhi or someone that doesn't have any fat to lose should so.

Not gonna make it

He's right though, you fasting faggots are retarded. Post body.

I am way too addicted to soft drink, sugar, junk food to go 12 hours without food. I tried OMAD but I got really hungry and went beyond my caloric requirements. What to do? I have managed a 2 day fast once!

Any of you guy fast on diet soda?

I'm doing LOMAD where I drink a liter of chilled milk a day, is it based? I eat and drink nothing else and it fills me the fuck up at sub 700 calories.

day 15, went to a party last night and didnt drink a drop. still had a good time and its great and all but i am literally not losing weight now.

My body is still burning body fat, its just retaining water right?

>day 15
Good work, what was your starting weight?

yeah if you aren’t consuming calories you’ll be losing weight everyday. you’re doing good, make the weekly scale reading count more than the daily since you’re being honest to yourself

i started at 87kg but that was with like 450g of carbs and 7000 calories in my gut
im 79.9kg this morning
I want to go until 140lbs but I was surrounded by all my [triggger foods] last night, oh my god
Im still not over how food is a "numb" thing to look at, and its an entirely mental desire to eat rather than physical desire.

But yeah im aiming for 30 days, hoping for 73kg by the end of it. Final goal with is 67kg right now but I might end up being fatter than I thought, yet again.

I really want to do something for building an ass but I dont have my cage/barbells for squats, just got dumbells that are only 7.5kg each and no bench or nothin.

Well boys I start my fast tomorrow. I'll be eating from 12pm to 8pm to avoid my mum freaking out over skipping meals. But since I workout in the mornings, and I tend to have a coffee with one artifical sweetner in it (I can't stand an extremely bitter coffee) because I'm awful at waking up in the mornings, what do you guy suggest I do so I don't go to the gym tired as fuck? Also since I can't have sweetners apparently now do you guys suggest taking caffiene pills?

Attached: 1520572529611.jpg (1280x720, 193K)

You guys are retarded. Just take creatine on fast days and drink as much water as you can and lift free weights. Then eat as much spinach, all fruits and vegetables as much as whatever else you eat on "refeeds". Just
don't feel bad if you think you ate poorly, there's way too many factors other than willpower alone that made you mess up, like not eating anything retard. Also eating anything in general raises your insulin so stop being a faggot and eat more of everything that makes you feel good, restricting foods might not be the first change you have to make. Snakejuice is seriously retarded. Just fucking eat something if you ever get to the retarded point where you think making a pissjar and drinking it is smart.

fasting is for fat loss, not strength gain
But with strength gain you just eat carbs every 2-3 days one day before workout

That pink fairy dust is fucking with you and making you talk with your asshole. Come back to me once you "refeed"

Great work.
The goal you're aiming for is very low though, unless you're short or a girl I guess.

>Internet cafe
Where can you find them,

I need to fuck a girl like that owo

>32 inch waist
>bloated face
I am sorry for your loss.

Comes from my dads side, even when he was fucking shredded in his prime his face held fat. I'm at 166lb today and my 32's are sliding down. 30's fit now but I'm gonna hold off on buying pants a little longer.

thanks
im 168cm and have like no muscle so I think its about right, maybe

Ah fair enough then.

Anyone that’s done IF for 16:8 for a cut, did you find lifting while fasted or full better for minimising strength loss, or did you find no difference? And should you be eating around your TDEE or at a deficit for just a cut?

I'm getting headaches lads, how come?

Too low on sodium or potassium. Or possibly magnesium.

Gout is uric acid buildup. Uric acid is the stuff that makes your piss yellow. Eg if you arent pissing it out enough, it can crystalize into gout. Not had any hint of it since. Also fasting wont GIVE you gout but if you have a symptom of excess uric acid dont do a thing that makes it harder to flush it out
Had gout in my foot when I was like 16 for some reason. Guess my kidneys were a shit from the drink/sips.

Time to supplement LOMAD with snake juice.

I like it

Redpill me on BCAAs. Will they break my fast? I want to reduce muscle loss and I read online taking BCAAs before a workout will help this, however there’s debate as to whether or not it breaks a fast. So I’m asking you guys who are experiences: can I take BCAAs before a workout while fasting? Also did any of you guys take BCAAs? If so did you see any results?

Insulin reacts to BCCAs so yes they break your fast. Fasting is muscle sparing unless your body fat is reaching single digits percents you poosy.

Alright guys how are you feeling this fine day?

Attached: 1543968971383.jpg (535x960, 63K)

Alright. OMAD meals getting healthier by the day and doing less binges. Weight isn't dropping significantly anymore so probably starting to do 48s next week. Then after I've milked that, 72s. Brettygud week overall.

No difference really. But on fast state it burns fat better. Yeah a decifit of course.

I did 16:8 some years ago and always felt better lifting after having eaten. Same now with OMAD. I'm eating an hour or two before lifting. I think eating before is better for minimizing strength loss because you have more energy when lifting compared to a fasted state, so you can go harder with more weight and more reps.

Just broke my 10 day water fast with 1 cup of plain greek yogurt. I lost 11 pounds. 10 more to go. :(

Is there any hope, anons?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (543x906, 121K)

For me yes, for you, no. Is that the response you were after. Stop being such an attention whore.

of course. if you have patience and a little willpower, you could have a good body by this time next year. quite a bit sooner if you can handle extended fasts.

You've got more tits than my ex

fuckkkkk... been fasting for like 14 hours now to see if my nerve pain is due to my dietary choices and it honestly seems like my nerve pain is still progressing... fuck me.......

Attached: 1526534008769.jpg (764x956, 108K)

>It's especially virulent if you talk to anyone who has lost some weight with normie methods, they often think they're special because they did the impossible and lost a few pounds that one time 1996, it also makes them a nutritional expert.

This is my mother. I love my mom, but goddamn is it annoying when she acts like she knows everything about fitness and losing weight and thinks the only way that works is the way she did it (Even though she gained most of the weight back after a few years).

I ONLY HAVE TWO OF THOSE INSULATED BOTTLES @ 40OZ EACH. GREAT FOR KEEPING THE SNEKK JUICE COLD ALL DAY.

I AM BARELY GAINING MUSCLE ON OMAD SO I'M GUESS ADF IS JUST THAT MUCH HARDER. MUSCLE SYNTHESIS/ATROPHY IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN BURNING FAT THOUGH, SO EXPERIMENT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, RECORD, AND THEN REPORT RESULTS.

you could easily go a few months on an extended fast.

GODDAMNIT I ACCIDENTALLY POSTED MY REPLY. I WAS ABOUT TO ADD TO AT THE VERY END: YOU HAVE TO FACTOR IN A BUNCH OF SHIT LIKE REST TIME, YOUR MACROS, WEIGHT, HEIGHT, WORKOUT INTENSITY, VOLUME, REGIMENT, ETC.... AT LEAST KEEP MENTAL NOTE OF SOME OF THE BASIC STUFF AND *DO NOT LIE* ABOUT ANYTHING IN THE PROCESS.

NOT TOO SURE. DON'T TAKE THE MEDS NEXT TIME. IF IT WAS GOING TO KEEP YOU UP ALL NIGHT, A SMALL REFEED COULD HAVE BEEN THE BETTER SOLUTION.

I HAVE HAD LOOSE SKIN TROUBLES AS WELL AND THE ONLY EFFECTIVE METHODS I'VE NOTICED ARE DRY FASTING AND WORKING OUT.

NO, ELIMINATE ALL DRUGS FROM YOUR SYSTEM WHEN YOU FAST. IT'S THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR BODY AND BRAIN. THE ONLY TIME I WOULD RECOMMEND DRINKING THAT KIND OF SHIT IS IF YOU'RE ON THE BRINK OF SUICIDE BECAUSE YOUR BOOMER ASS NEEDS A ZERO ULTRA.

A LITTLE BIT, YEA. CRYSTAL LIGHT HAS LIKE 10 CALORIES OR SOMETHING? ALSO HAS ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS; BOTH SPIKE INSULIN WHICH WILL FUCK YOUR MUSCLE UP. DRY FAST FOR 2 DAYS AND DRINK SNAKE JUICE, I WILL GUARANTEE YOU WILL ENJOY THE TASTE OF IT AFTERWARDS.

YEP, THAT'S THE PROCESS OF PROLONGED FASTING. WELCOME TO THE CLUB.
I'VE DONE A 7 DAY BUT NOT WITH ANY GYM TIME. I'VE TRIED, BUT FAILED 3 TIMES AFTER THE 48TH HOUR, ALL 3 TIMES. I WILL TRY AGAIN ON JANUARY WITHOUT WORKING OUT, BECAUSE THE FAT BURNING IS MORE IMPORTANT TO ME RIGHT NOW. A BIT OF A TRADEOFF BUT OH WELL.

EATING BEFORE WORKING OUT USUALLY PROVIDES MORE ENERGY, SO TRY IT. JUST BE AWARE THAT THE HUNGER WILL BE MUCH STRONGER IF YOU DON'T EAT AFTER WORKING OUT.

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE? GOOD REFEED THOUGH.

DEPENDS ON THE GUILT. IS IT BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU CAN DO BETTER AND FEEL LIKE YOU CHEATED YOURSELF? WERE YOU EVEN HUNGRY ON THE REFEED?

IF YOU'RE FAT YOU CAN PROBABLY PULL IT OFF BUT YOU'LL FEEL LIKE COMPLETE SHIT. GET IT ONLINE, IT'S NOT THAT EXPENSIVE.

japan

I did a re-feed on a shit load of beef and vegies. How fucked am I?

Tempted to do a 5 to 7 days fast.

Only problem is I have 3 night shifts (10 hours long) and they're kinda intense tues, wed and thurs

Attached: 1516607883652.jpg (786x618, 53K)

3 weeks on high protein/low carb 20/4 IF and only lost 2 lbs. It's like IF lets me cut without dyeling.

Attached: 174-172.png (1013x864, 894K)

I did the same thing yesterday. I had a rumble in my tummy and intense farting, but nothing more. I think it's better to eat something more mushy on the re-feed though,

how long did it take

>How long should I fast for?
>sounds disgusting and retarded
I SEE BEHIND THAT NOSE OF YOURS.

I'VE POSTED MINE BEFORE. WHENEVER I ASKED FOR THE OTHER PERSON'S PICTURES I NEVER GOT IT. POST YOURS FIRST.

>I am way too addicted
>What to do?
STOP BEING A BITCH. WHAT THE FUCK ELSE DO YOU WANT TO DO? GO AHEAD AND EAT YOURSELF TO DEATH, WHO GIVES A FUCK.

NOT OPTIMAL AND NOT RECOMMENDED, BUT IT CAN BE DONE.

AN 8 HOUR EATING WINDOW IS NOT A FAST AND TAKING CAFFEINE IS A CRUTCH FOR WEAKNESS.

>GOES TO A /FAST/ THREAD
>"HEY GUYS JUST TAKE A BUNCH OF SUPPLEMENTS AND EAT VEGGIES! ALSO, EVERYTHING *YOU* DO IS RETARDED AND ALL THE RESULTS FROM FASTING ARE A HUGE LIE! ANOTHER THING: ANYTHING YOU EAT RAISES INSULIN BECAUSE I KNOW *EVERYTHING* ABOUT DIET AND NUTRITION. BTW, DID I MENTION THINGS ARE RETARDED? JUST EAT, BROS!"

YELP

IT *SHOULD* GO AWAY EVENTUALLY, AND YES, STOP THE DRUGS AND SUPPS, THEY ARE USELESS. THE FASTING IS DOING THE HEAVY LOADING AND YOUR PILLS ARE JUST DRAINING YOUR WALLET.

THIS

THE FUCK IS NERVE PAIN? ARE YOU JUST A FOOD ADDICTED BITCH HAVING WITHDRAWALS OR ARE YOU ONE OF THE SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES WITH AN ACTUAL DISORDER?

HOW LONG WAS THE FAST?

TRY TO HUGE ON TUESDAY THEN START THE FAST. IF YOU CAN'T LAST UNTIL THURSDAY, REFEED ON THURSDAY THEN START AGAIN.

If it's purely for weightloss then yeah, you'll be fine. Some purists will tell you that any sweetener will spike insulin but there's no scientific evidence to back that up. yet.

Attached: 6bac0e5a75425dead1f9ffc175e5b121.jpg (564x850, 83K)

I'm 60 kilos overweight
can I snake fast for 3 months without worrying about dying?

Are those 2lbs from the beardcut?

it was at least 1 lb.

If you shaved and moisturized I'd suck your tits srs

I STILL DON'T SEE A DIFFERENCE. IF YOU FAST FOR A SINGLE DAY YOU CAN DROP 3 POUNDS.

4 weeks

20 hours into my first dry fast, any tips?

>bodyfat isn't made up of pure fat
>1 pound of bodyfat isn't 3500 calories, more like half of it since it's 50/50 fat/water in our bodies
is it true or broscience

Fat doesnt bind water