Stalled lifts

>Tfw only about 6 months into SS
>OHP stalled at 30kg and now I have to reset

Why do my triceps hate me Jow Forums? I even had good rest and food lately, but I'm being punished.

Attached: 1467037029155.png (357x313, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

barbellmedicine.com/novice-bench-and-press-plug-in/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I’ve stalled about the same. Ohp and bench stalled. Squat going THROUGH THE ROOF! DL also just less bc previous back pain. I stopped AlphaDestinys novice program bc I developed a pear shape.. Saw a 3-plate squatter across from me 1 day w massive squat ass,shitty physique, ugly as sin body and I just said enough is enough. I’ve been doing push ups/pull ups at home now waiting to lose my leg gains.. Already looking better.

>Eat more
>Sleep more
>More volume on stalled lifts
>Less rest time between sets on stalled lifts.
>Gallon of 'Nog a Day

Move onto a real routine

OHP is a bitch, you will need a lot more volume and accessory lifts. Side lat raises, Arnold press, Klokov press, high volume OHP... Have fun with it.

>OHP only at 30kg after 6 whopping months

E A T M O R E
A
T
M
O
R
E

Attached: 87C3D7E2-88E2-4936-AA0E-3FF36DFE71B9.png (196x170, 40K)

>OHP 30 kg
Kek

I've only just start lifting and had almost no strength prior, SS has taken me pretty far since I started, When Spring rolls around I'm switching to a new program to get a bit more shredded and then next winter I'm doing a different routine.

I should also note that from August to October I couldn't maintain a routine because of school and work, but by late October I managed to balance better.

Happened to me with squat
Stalling at 100kg and can't go past that
I ate like a mofo this week and usually just sleep +6 hours
Right now the only accessory I'm doing is for triceps, lats and biceps

fix your form, youre either hip driving too hard (squat-morning) or you lean forward to the balls of your feet/toes on the way up

~6 hours is the norm for me usually but this week I've been getting ~10 hours because of exams, and I've been trying to eat more but my options are very limited at the moment, there's a couple of other power lifters on campus that all agree that the food here is shit for any decent workout routines

wait, including the bar? lmao

You could look into supplements if you're not getting enough calories
Or you can just do a dirty bulk and eat whatever you can find

Dirty bulk is a last resort, but it may be a realistic option

Perhaps the second
I also felt a slight discomfort on the left side of my hips and got worried of squatting any more

I had to see a chiropractor once because I got back pain mid squat, she took a look at my form and noticed I was leaning forward too hard and spent a few weeks helping me improve my form and readjusting me before she finally signed off on letting me start back up from half of my weight

OHP is easier for fatties. Had to switch my previous routine that had bench and OHP on the same day because it was just not happening.

You don't count the bar.

Wait niqqa.
You including the bar?

Why would I include the bar? I'm only counting added weight

so you're ohp'ing 50kg? how long have you been training?

>he counts the bar

Read the OP. 6 months. I started in July but from August to October it wasn't a well maintained routine. This is my first time where I actually needed a reset since I started.

read the book cause your form is shit. if you still stall try doing a new rep range like 6 sets of 4 reps.

barbellmedicine.com/novice-bench-and-press-plug-in/
TL;DR, do more volume and frequency on upper body lifts

Attached: classicpress.webm (640x640, 327K)

that looks more like an incline bench on the way up

do you guys do warm up sets for ohp?

yeah i do 5 sets of 5 with just the bar as with 10 seconds rest inbetween. then i just add 10-5 pounds until i reach my workset weight.

Yeah I do 4 workout sets of 5 and I increase the weight little by little

Throw in some behind-the-head OHP if you’re stalling. Be careful with weight and technique tho

Basically this, but specifically carbs.
Try potatoes and oats.

>OHP stalled at 30kg
WHAT? I'm like 2 months into SL 5x5 at 50 kg OHP and showing now signs of stopping

are you fucking retarded? the bar weighs 45lbs why would you not count that?

Attached: 1490142312686.png (480x480, 209K)

To clarify I'm not counting the bar in the weight, it's technically 50kg but I never count the bar

30kg is decent.
Oh wait, he probably counts the bar

Attached: 1potatoo3.jpg (534x401, 37K)

>this nigga counts the bar
>this nigga counts his hands
>this nigga counts his arms
>not calculating your chest and shoulders too

This sounds like a good idea. I too struggle to progress on the press, and the fourth and fifth of each set are a grind, even the first working set. I finally broke 95 after stalling, deloading and stalling again. Then for the hell of it I loaded up 100 and pressed it for a rep no problem.
Yeah, I think shorter sets are in order.

dont reply to these people for god's sake you idiot

3rd day on the gym, failed 15kg bench press.

Now that I see other men on the gym, their arms are twice the size of mine. Wish I have bigger arms like them.

Okay well when you start strength training you have to start small, go from the bar and work up by .5kg/gym session

huh, the weights only come in 2.5, 5, 10kg size