Plank position

You CAN hold a plank for longer than 1m40s, right Jow Forums? You're not THAT weak, are you?

Attached: plank.jpg (1280x751, 66K)

Why 1m40s specifically?

Attached: planke.png (389x127, 9K)

I thought planking was laying on your back with your legs raised a couple inches.

Guess I'm a woman then

Because he did 1:40 the other day and thought that he was the shit doing an average time in some random exercise.

Now he seeks validation in a mongolian carpet trading forum

That's hollow hold

of course i'm not, who here /5minuteplank/

They had to be testing athlete students because no fucking way that is average in modern schools

I managed to do it yesterday, but I've been lazy all day and I was itching to do some exercise. Plus I was listening to the radio at the same time so I didn't think about dat burning feeling too much.

OP, at least you could have used an image with proper form. No PPT... At least planks aren't important so it doesn't matter if you do them wrong.

The fuck you said about my senegalese berry cultivation forum ?

I havent done one of these for 5 years,

just tested it and passed 1m 40s but was struggling hard af lmao

with ppt?

bitch i can do it for 4 minutes straight

3min is my PR at 90kg bw

Just held for 2 min. Can also do 25 chin ups.

Feels good to be marginally above average.

what the fuck did you just say to me?

>1m40s
aw you think your max is impressive. that's cute faggot

Probably but there's little point in doing isometric over a minute

>n = 168
nice """""study"""""

Attached: 1541534601155.jpg (480x360, 22K)

planks are done with a PPT. If you don't know it you are probably doing them wrong. It's posterior pelvic tilt.

lmfao like, just to them dude, like just dont do them wrong senpai, like nigga just look away

why are you posting a fake version

Attached: hmm.png (780x217, 109K)

Because now all the retards claim they can hold it for 1 minute and 50 seconds and surprise, you are just an above average female and low tier male.

I'm attempting this today. I'm 4m30s so far

does nobody in this thread realize OPs pic is garbage form?

6:30 is my best, doubt I could do that atm though. My guess would be that most normal people are probably able to at least hold 2 minutes

this. average person is way weaker than you think

How the fuck is that average? When I was a lanklet starting out, I could hold 3 minutes and after about a month, 5 minutes. Like yeah, it hurts, but I also knew that was my mind telling me bullshit and not my body actually being incapable of holding a plank for so long.

Do most people just have shit willpower and pain tolerance?

If I implement planks into my routine should I do 3sets of 1minute if I'm starting? Or 1 long 3minute hold?

Attached: 776c173c-f43c-4761-a0b5-6380b9569449.jpg (970x582, 75K)

I have a 300 high bar squat, 130 ohp and vertical jump about 30 inches, I barely just planked for 1:55, at 30 seconds in I was shaking. I have very little endurance , I mean just a basic yoga class wears me down

Don't know the best method but I personally hold plank 3x90s(or so) at the end of every other workout

How the fuck do y’all hold for so long? I mean seriously- I’m the guy with the 30 vert- I can touch the rim at 5’8” without a running start- but I’m absolute shit at core / endurance training. When I took a weight training class I could deadlift and leg press more than everyone except the 200+ pound guys who trained legs, but even the girls matched me or beat me in sit-ups. It’s like I’m build with no slow twitch in my core

Test your max hold time then 3 sets of 70% of your max hold time. I remember reading this on some Olympic gymnastics or calisthenics forum I dont remember which one but I've been doing it a while and I saw pretty quick time increases. Sadly its insufferably boring and justnexhausting enough I cant even watch TV in my phone while doing it

Can't you put shit on your back to make your max 1min or so?

You black by any chance, user?

Nope, full anglo, just somehow got the hops and running gene

It would essentially follow the same formula. Isometrics are shit for gaining mass anyways so it's not really worth it anyways. What they are good for is motor neuron activation. Training your body to actually put effort into your lifts. Highly undervalued component of lifting a lot of people who lift for aesthetics miss out on completely. You see it in the low rep range and you see it in holds but not so much in the hypertrophy rep range.

>not doing long lever planks

I gave up at 3 minutes. Where do you guys feel it most? I had to stop because of my shoulders.

I did a minute with 15 kg on my back
Am i cool yet

Shut the hell up

I did 4 minutes a while back.

Planks don't do anything. They are one of the most pointless exercises.

false

I could only do a minute, but I'm able to do 100 situps without stopping.

>How the fuck is that average?
Because they tested volunteers who were considered athletic. The average fatass couldn't get even into the position without their stomach sticking to the ground.

This is some weird shit. I’m the guy with the good vertical leap. Physiology is weird as fuck. I used to be a distance runner when I was a skinny kid, and I ran a mile in 4:40 at my best, but even then I sucked at core work and wall sits. After i started liftan, I got fast as fuck on sprints , but still my core and endurance are shit

True

So 80% of students? Hardly average then

More than 15 sec planks are bad for your back. Enjoy your dehydrated discs.

They are probably slacking and do not do it with proper form keeping their butt up. It's something easy to do wrong and boast about.