What's the most painful lifting injury Jow Forums has gone through?

What's the most painful lifting injury Jow Forums has gone through?

Attached: IMG_19221.gif (99x74, 813K)

Wrist was smashed to pulp in a football game.
Was never set or seen too by a doctor.
Was in agony for weeks
Even the slightest breeze set off a cascade of pain.
Swelled up to the size of a small melon.
Still practiced still played the next week.
Just iced the shit out of it.

not lifting but i got large muscle tear on my back when some stepped on my back on rugby.Was out for limping for 3 months

Either pinched right sciatic nerve or low back strain.

Pinched nerve wasn’t so much outright painful so much as it’s persistent. Pinched it 6 years ago and still acts up with a throbbing pain down my leg if I deadlift too much or twist my torso the wrong way

Strained my low back bad after not lifting for 6 months and squatting. Had to literally crawl around my house, walking would make my back tighten and I’d collapse, standing would make my back tighten and collapse again unless I was careful and walked short distances.

Tore all ligaments on medial side of left ankle during fucking rugby PRACTICE. Worst pain I have ever felt in my entire life.

Shattered my first metatarsal bone in my left foot playing indoor football.
Surgeon said it's the worst break he's seen and didn't know if I'd run again. I can sprint and squat and deadlift just fine thanks to his work.

Also slipped a disc in my back from deadlifting 150kg with shitty form and then playing goalie at indoor football. My back has never been the same since.

I cut myself on a sheet of paper once

Bulged disc from stopping 300 kg concrete thing from breaking and also a torn bicep from that

Spiral fracture of femur

Got a booboo on my hands when I stopped using gloves. :(

Dislocated right shoulder by getting kicked in it while doing pushups. Took me two weeks before I could raise my right arm again.

Let me kiss it better babe

>Decided I’m was going to do a marathon
>cardio is fucked because all I do is weight
>Decided to do 6 miles
>takes me an hour and my knee feels crunchy, it’s been giving me problems for years so ignore
>next day decided to do squats because I’m Retarded
>warm up great
>100kgs on the bar
>first rep good
>reach bottom on my second rep
>CRACKING POP noise comes from my knee, most disgusting noise I’ve ever heard
>See Stars
>Ears ringing
>Can’t feel the pain yet and manage to re-rack

Took me six months to do another squat

Attached: F70E6B55-0425-46EC-A33B-E1C39BDDFE4B.jpg (1024x1024, 149K)

Most painful lifting injury i've had was during a set of rack pulls I somehow manage to pull or tweak my lat on the right side. It wasn't bad at first but when I got home the pain set in and I had to just lay on the floor the muscles were cramping so bad. Took a few days to get better from that one.

The most painful thing I've had happen period is in high school I was wake surfing, I had been going for a while and decided to stop so I just tossed the rope to the side. Somehow the handle and rope bounce off the water, wrap around my left leg, I get ripped into the air by the moving boat, dislocate my hip, but I didn't even notice that because I took a shot straight to the left ball and nearly passed out from the pain. Testicles were swollen and bruised for weeks while I walked around on crutches from the hip.

Attached: 1534127564161.jpg (828x673, 118K)

>Doing 50kg OHP
>feel pop in mid to upper back left side
>fizzle like a snail got stepped on
>put wait down
>can’t look left or right without intense pain
>go home
>driving was a nightmare
>pain goes away a week or so later

This was 2 weeks ago and I haven’t done squats OHP or dead’s since. Just bench and arms

I can feel the injury threatening to come back every time I test my OHP with some 20 kg dumbbell presses

Hit my a truck, broke my tibia and fibia, femer, radius and ulna.

Worst athletic injury, dislocating my knee

I herniated my l5-s1 disc which compressed my sciatic nerve. Couldn’t walk without excruciating pain for over a month

what the fuck

This sounds eerily like what I'm afraid of. My knee has been feeling weird for a while and I've been afraid to run too far because of it. Good to know my instincts were right.

Didn't have much lifting related other than sprained wrists from bench pressing a bit too enthusiastically. Have a rather overworked tense back from sitting in front of a laptop all day and physical labor twice a week.

Only injury worth mentioning is a motherfucker though. Don't know if anyone here ever had a concussion? Got one during football (soccer) smashing head first into some manlet. He flew. I was bed bound for 3 straight days as even looking at anything hurt too much. Could barely walk for a glass of water without screaming.

Pushed a rib into my body using the leg press machine. I didn't believe it, but the pain was excruciating so I asked Google and it turns out that it happens to tons of people who try to use full ROM (or more).

Days of agony and boredom since lifting anything heavier than a book was out of the question.
Weeks of shit sleep; I would wake up screaming and gasping from having rolled on my side while unconscious and wiggling the bone more.
Months of hoping I would heal, and then praying for death, and even trying to reach in and pull the bone back into place.

>will never do fucking do that death trap exercise again. Overextend and lose your leg at the knee. Full ROM, maybe get stabbed with your own rib and be out the gym, feeling your gains slip away month by month

What the fuck

Did I win?

Had a handful of assholes in my class back in high school. It's been years since then and my right shoulder still clicks when moved in a certain way, but doesn't hurt nor did it ever pop out of its socket again, hope it stays that way.

>lifting injury
I've suprisingly never (yet) injured myself during lifting though probably the most painful thing that I've ever expirenced was having a man'o'war wrap around my entire calf.

Did you figure out what is injured?
Remember RICE to heal quicker
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

When I was a dyel 14-15 year old and doing incline dumbell bench.
>Someone left dbs in spot I was going to put mine after the set
>Dropped my dbs when I was putting them down
>My right-hand ring and middle finger get squished between my db and the one on the ground
>Fingers busts open and bleeds everywhere
Ended up with a ton of stitches, smashed the bone at tip of fingers into nothing, nerves somehow survived. 5-6 years later and my ring finger is still slightly disfigured and super sensitive.

think i may have the pinched nerve now. what are the symptoms?

standard charlie horse shit in my legs from years of running and not stretching down properly afterward, my most recent one was ridiculous

>been afraid of charlie horses for years, always sure to massage my legs / keep blood flow going to them if they start to feel stiff or cramped
>positive i'll do everything in my power to never get another charlie horse, always got them in my calves but successfully avoided them for years
>go to bed after a long day where i did cleans earlier in the day for the first time
>somehow, wake up out of my sleep with a fucking charlie horse in my front left thigh
>excruciating pain and takes a half hour to come down from it properly, another hour to get back to sleep
>walking with a limp the whole next day

fucking charlie horses, they are my nemesis

Attached: 1483166284617.jpg (870x790, 277K)