Any lifting advice for tall people? I train with a 5'10" guy, and I'm 6'8"...

Any lifting advice for tall people? I train with a 5'10" guy, and I'm 6'8", and I've noticed that i have a hard time using the standard techniques that apply to him. I've researched online and there isn't a lot of lifting advice specifically for taller guys.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KGEKRjlZKf8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Im 6'7 and I can do most lifts the only ones I stay away from are SLDL/RDL's.

Height isnt as important as leverages though, just eat a tone of food and do your strength work and you'll be fine.

im 6'5 there are a lot of machines that i cant use.

regardless of height i think we can all squat. if you have problems just practice the movement.
i can go ass to grass but if you can go at least to paralel i think thats enough. but if you still cant do it then try out machines or do lunges or whatever.

and for the other lifts i can do all of them. bench ohp deadlift sumo deadlift

the biggest difference between us and them is that our range of motion is way fucking bigger and that makes lifting a bit harder.

i think us lanklets our biggest weak point is our core. i can't fucking do bent over rows and it puts a lot of pressure on my lower back so i thought about doing it with chest assisted rowing machine but the range of motion is not enough for me so i ended up doing seated cable row and dumbell rows.

you can always substitute movements that you cant do for something else. keep trying user

His hair is godawful.

>nice circumcision.

Attached: garfunkeled.jpg (460x570, 48K)

that dude is big as fuck

Be easy on your joints, and keep your ego out of lifting. I'm 6'6" and the weight has to travel so much farther in any lift I do that it definitely puts way more stress on your stabilizer muscles.

Also, whenever you do any isolation exercise it's IMPERATIVE that you get full range of motion. I can't stress that enough.

we wouldn't have known without you

I am 6’6” and I find certain workouts to just be way too difficult due to the leverage. Off hand bent over rows are basically satan, and most pull downs require me to sit on the floor to get the full ROM

yeah man fucking bent over rows is every lanklets enemy

im 6´4 and i constantly feel disadvantaged compared to my friends in the gym. Squats and deadlifts feel unnatural and i fear hurting my back. my much larger ROM makes my bench much harder. and as this guy said: my core is always the first to fail i compound movements, should i use a belt bros?

Attached: 1541112816927.jpg (640x480, 36K)

Work out your core

work your core but you can use a belt too
who gives a fuck if you use it on baby weight if it helps you progress.

thx lads, any godtier core exercises for lanklets you´d recommend?

you need to learn how to deadlift right
its shitty when your bros can deadlift easily in the 220's but if it fucks your back up there's no point

practice your deadlifts with 135 and if that weight makes your form break down too then go lower and put plates under. Whatever it takes bro you can do it.
remember that when it comes to deadlift you're playing with your SPINE. You absolutely dont want to fuck your spine up.

i honestly always try to lift the same w8´s as my bros and we are hyping eachother and shit and they want me to do it but it feels fucking dangerous. and i think a actually snapped something in my back doing squats yesterday, had to abort mission and now it feels like shit, can hardly get out of bed. its pissening

Attached: 1538908549565.gif (625x461, 1.62M)

i started out doing planks, side planks, knee raises crunches and hyperextensions.

you can do knee raises, hyperextensions(use weight for this one and progress) at the gym.

planks variations and crunches you can do them on off days or something.

the thing is dont go crazy. ease into it. especially if you're deadlifting.

If you want to improve your deadlift I'd say you should deadlift 2-3 times a week.
2-3 sets of 5-8 reps of 135 or whatever weight you can do thats comfortable and gets a bit challanging for the last sets and reps.

if your lower back is really fucking sore it's a better idea to rest and dont force your lower back. when i first went to the gym a few years ago i gave up after the first month because i snapped my shit up with bent over rows and deadlifts.

6'4" here and bent-over rows and deadlifts are ez for me

fucking bench and ohp are aids tho

solid advice, you seem to understand my problems exactly. my lower back usually feels shitty. i´ve probably been trying to up my numbers way to rapid without having good form, will save your advices and incorporate in my routine, and lower my weights. thanks man, started to lose hope.

Attached: 1541797706179.gif (350x258, 41K)

>tfw 6'3 manlet

i understand your problem because i was in the same situation.

im 6'5 and snapped my shit up countless times. that fucking stinging pain in the lower back when you fuck up i havent felt it for a year since i learned proper technique and stopped ego lifting.

you cant train the same way as your mates.
i went sometimes without them just to practice my form and strengthen my core.

>6'4
>tall

I'd say anything over 190cm 6'3 is tall.
after 6'7 youre a giant

> implying you're not a coping manlet

lmao

its tall enought to have unfavourable proportions in my case.

my bad lads, gave it more thought and the manlet/tall cut off is 6'3

lmaoo

>6'4
Godbless.

Attached: deeee.png (2225x1358, 647K)

one more thing.

stretching can be really helpful
you can do them before going to the gym.
listen to music and do them for like 10-15 minutes.

lanklets tend to be stiff in hamstrings and if youre sedenetary this will help you even more.

Attached: stretching.jpg (572x816, 58K)

ty

unless youre exactly 193cm after squating then you arent legit 6'4

will look into it and add it to my routine aswell. you´re really helping me make it here man, greatly appreciated! when you wrote "knee raises" in this post: did you mean the kind where youre hanging or the one where youre lying on the floor?

Attached: 1543686211353.gif (582x411, 1.56M)

Im 6'9 on a good day, my training buddy is 5'11. First of all, he is going to make faster progress than you, and that is just how it is.

Next, your main focus shouldn't be heavy ass weight or hella reps, it should be ROM. You have to hit every exercise with focus on your form or it WILL catch up to you. Make sure to stretch, hit those toe touches before you bench, it will help with cramps.

As for what lifts you should do? focus of free weights, avoid machines, they WILL NEVER BE MEANT FOR YOU AND MIGHT STRESS YOUR JOINTS BECAUSE THEY ARE AT ODD ANGLES

I cant stress that enough. avoid machines, Avoid the smith machine too, get free weights, and be careful
Make sure to touch your chest on bench and grip wider than you probably are right now, I put my pointer on the silver ring in between the sets of knurling, it works.
Not a joke, do neck exercises at home, it will make you look less lanky. Hit up those dumbbells for everything you can, they will work your flexors much harder because of your leverages, this goes for alot of shit.

And remember, just because someone who is 5'10 can bench higher than you, doesnt mean they are necessarily stronger, they honestly might just have much better leverages for a lift than you, so focus on form, and get back to it.

And if all else fails, pic related, its kept my ass going

Attached: T-t-thanks anon.png (1882x167, 56K)

inb4 reddit spacing. eat me.

>6’9
do women let you sleep with them because of your height?

And pick up a pair of Grippers, Your forearms are built for gripsports. The large hand+long ass tendons= high end competitor
Maybe if i had the balls to ask one out, women terrify me. The few who have asked me out made me really flustered I had to decline because I couldnt work up the courage to go for it.

I know, pathetic.

Anything above 6’2 or 3’ or so is considered kind of weird though I’m sure there’s hoes that kill for it

based humble giant

Attached: 1541165058215.jpg (1620x1080, 433K)

He would look better and more imposing at 13% bodyfat.

6'8 here. Except some machines, you can do everything.
My tips:
> front squat help with quads much more. With back squats, your back muscles will be limiting factor much sooner. Legpress is great to activate quads.
> experiment with stances. Some tall people are all legs, requiring some weird femur positions.
> Adjust reps as needed. Due to huge ROM, it's hard to do 8 bench press reps at 3 plates as some turbomanlets with 3 inch ROM

Other than that,I can't think of many differences. Calories obviously. Also running on concrete at 270lbs is kinda snap city. Swimming, deadlifts, rows are great for us.

Attached: 1543527684708.webm (640x640, 2.6M)

WTF?

New year is nigh

Do things that don’t hurt with a full range of motion and make them heavy as hell, and also eat

youtu.be/KGEKRjlZKf8
some machines may not fit you.
with freeform exercises it will be an issue of executing a form that fits you

Even so... sometimes you have to focus on accessory lifts to correct imbalances based on your structure. When I've done squats, traditionally: i feel the majority of stress in my lower back followed by hip flexors, some quads (very little gluts).

I've added weighted hip thrust (i feel kind of stupid as I've only ever seen gym thots do them but literature supports the motion as best for glut activation) to routines in order to supplement the neglected muscle group. It has, in turn, altered and improved my squat form.

OP here, thanks guys for all your helpful contributions! Ill definitely be taking some of the advice on board. Ive been making good progress at the gym, my training partner is always just a few steps ahead of me in most things. But i figure it's a tortoise and hare situation.
My stats are:
6'8"
141kg
95kg bench
100kg squat
160kg deadlift.

I've been training since june of this year, and hope to go into 2019 on good footing and start making some epic gains.

Attached: IMG_20170909_180331.jpg (3120x4160, 3.81M)

Are you natty?

Gonna be really hard to look muscular with your limbs so long.

top tier video, the channel is amazing

Yeah 100% natty. Im quite blessed with genetics. I look like a regular person except double the size. So, tall with wide shoulders with everything in proportion

194 cm here. Should I call myself 6'4" and a half?