you can pick both

Attached: okey.png (592x747, 749K)

b-but he looks DYEL

theres zero chance that guy hits 1/2/3/4

And yet, compare this to the general population

I'm this guy
Also this, I'm not far off half of these and am not far off that body

>falling for fit memes

Can confirm, I'm at 1/2/3/3.5 and i still look like ass. Once you hit 1/2/3/4 you should do more hypertrophy work.

Attached: IMG_20181205_181018.jpg (3120x4160, 2.24M)

But I'm a lot bigger, been lifting for years and still haven't hit 1/2/3/4 :'(

Maybe this is the 6'4" former lanklet curse

Refuse to believe you can hit 3 pl8 squat with those legs unless you're 6'3.

post form.

But user, i didnt hit 1/2/3/4 yet and i look better how about you stop taking shirtless pics in the middle of gym and also provide evidance for 1/2/3/4 or else stop lying(1/2/3/4 stands for 1pl8/2pl8s/3/pl8s/4pl8s pl8=20kg plate not 5 kg plate so its 60kg/100kg/140kg/180kg lifts not 30kg/40kg/50kg/60kg)

daily reminder that 1/2/3/4 is for 5 reps

Attached: 1496568749195.png (490x462, 89K)

daily reminder 1/2/3/4 is also beginner goals, after which you move on to an intermediate program
daily reminder 1/2/3/4 is strength goals, not vanity goals
for vanity lifting you should be doing hypertrophy exclusively, in fact lifting heavy kills your gains

Look at the door behind him, he clearly ain't 6'3". Plus even if he's a manlet, yeah he's quarter squatting with those legs. Most people don't even half squat let alone hit parallel and still call that a squat, but maybe autists on Jow Forums are more honest

Is that true?
Also, is 1/2/3/4 = 60kg/100kg/140kg/180kg?
I have always been confused by this because you guys keep trolling about whether to include the bar or not, 1 rep max etc.

Do you lift the bar? So include it
5 reps

>lifting heavy kills your gains
Show me one person who lifts heavy and isn't big

you're overestimating how hard a 315 squat is, with some meh form you can hit it easily

point being, 1/2/3/4 for a single rep is absolutely NOT enough to build a solid body, unless you have exceptional genes, which 99,9% of people here don't

Attached: 44213233_2074216782891607_6482010058107387904_n.jpg (720x333, 22K)

1/2/3/4 is a common goal for Jow Forumsizens to aim towards, regarding 4 of the big compound barbell lifts.

The 4 lifts are...

THE PRESS®™ 3.0
BENCH PRESS
SQUAT
DEADLIFT

1/2/3/4 is sometimes referred to as 1pl8 2pl8 3pl8 4pl8.

To lift 1pl8, you put 1 plate on each side of the bar.
To lift 2pl8, you put 2 plates on each side of the bar.
To lift 3pl8, you put 3 plates on each side of the bar.
To lift 4pl8, you put 4 plates on each side of the bar.

Therefore you are actually lifting...
2 plates + bar, when you lift 1pl8
4 plates + bar, when you lift 2pl8
6 plates + bar, when you lift 3pl8
8 plates + bar, when you lift 4pl8

A plate is a large single disk of weight that is placed onto the bar before lifting.

The weight of a single plate is as follows...
20kg for Europeans.
45lbs for Americans.

European 1/2/3/4.

1pl8 overhead press = 60kg.
20kg bar + 1 x 20kg plate on each side.

2pl8 bench press = 100kg.
20kg bar + 2 x 20kg plates on each side.

3pl8 squat = 140kg.
20kg bar + 3 x 20kg plates on each side.

4pl8 deadlift = 180kg.
20kg bar + 4 x 20kg plates on each side.

American 1/2/3/4.

1pl8 overhead press = 135lbs.
45lb bar + 1 x 45lb plate on each side.

2pl8 bench press = 225lbs.
45lb bar + 2 x 45lb plates on each side.

3pl8 squat = 315lbs.
45lb bar + 3 x 45lb plates on each side.

4pl8 deadlift = 405lbs.
45lb bar + 4 x 45lb plates on each side.

Converting the European kg into lb shows that Americans have to lift more to reach 1/2/3/4.

American | European
1pl8) 135lbs | 132.277lbs
2pl8) 225lbs | 220.462lbs
3pl8) 315lbs | 308.647lbs
4pl8) 405lbs | 396.832lbs

Of the four lifts the GOAT lift is
THE PRESS®™ 3.0
Must be performed so STRICT it makes your conservative great-great-grandmother look like a liberal.

>look like this
>feel like I don't look too bad
>see this pic
>realise I was wrong from the beginning
Alright Jow Forums how do I escape the hungry skelly mode ?
Just got out of underweight and have a 18.6 BMI

When are you autistic math science nerd faggot turned "powerlifters" like it's a real fucking sport bc is satisfies your nerd vidya crossover ideas of "progress" going to realize that lifting heavy doesn't make you look big if you're natty.

Lift like a fucking bodybuilder and get juicy or lift exclusively for prs and your little ego. You can't be both.

Kino explanation, user.
I'm saving this.

Attached: 345234535.jpg (600x600, 42K)

This hits home.

>i'm underweight
>how do I stop being underweight?

what do you think? really squeeze those brain cells and think, how could a person stop being under weight? hmmm, i wonder what could be done about that... i guess its a mistery we're gonna have to solve

You forgot it's for 5 reps

It doesn't exactly work.
Should I really go full hambeast and eat twice as much as I do right now ?

Attached: 1522489016705.png (564x565, 409K)

I mean I've seen lanklets squat 4pl8 with good depth but his legs just don't look like he can even walk the bar out.

I guess so.
When we use the term 1/2/3/4 it's all for 5 reps or go home.

Jesus christ, read the fucking sticky and lurk moar. Calculate your tdee and eat at a 300-400 kcal surplus while doing SS. Done.

Yes you mong.
Even if your gut hurts you need to stretch it out and forcefeed yourself or eat every 1-2 hours which most people can't do.

Small stomach, less room for calories.
Big extended stomach, intestinal failure...Or room for calories.

Most American "45lb" bars are actually 20kg. They just say 45 to make the math easier.

But bodypart splits are evil. Once a week frequency is shit and if you workout 6 days a week on ppl you are retard says Jow Forums

You don't count the weight of the bar idiot. That's just what people do to inflate their ego

lifting heavy gives you strength and skill to get into hypertrophy training with heavier weights therefore literally giving birth to your gains

>tfw about halfway to 1/2/3/4
>still bigger and leaner than you

Attached: YJAshGn.png (292x292, 87K)

PLEASE TELL ME
TO COUNT OR NOT TO COUNT THE BAR;
THAT IS THE QUESTION I DEMAND AN ANSWER TO

Attached: 1523739562924.gif (480x480, 1.6M)

depending on the before photo which is not on hand and giving the benifit of the doubt, id say he looks good.

don't, retard

You have to also count your altitude from the sea level, atmospheric pressure. Also remember to subtract every hole your plates has, even the middle one. Also using clips is cheating so that subtracts at least 20kg from the lift. Also if you bar has grooves they take at least 5kg off of the actual weight of the bar.

there's also a 5-10lb. difference between low and high tide

Does the bar have a weight? Are you lifting it? More importantly, how much of a brainlet are you if you really have to ask this question?

Training for strength is a fucking meme if you want to look better. Rippetoe and Medhi are being dishonest as fuck about it. It's perfectly fine to be training for strength but don't go fucking telling people that they don't need to do anything else if they want to look jacked because they'll just waste their fucking time

Attached: wut.png (406x406, 243K)

Nic austism hair

Started gym 4 months ago, i squat 3pl8 anus to ground

Attached: Screenshot_20181210-133235_WhatsApp.jpg (1080x2220, 733K)

You need to build a strength base to then lift to look. better

It's rare to witness such degeneracy

When you have strength base do you move on bodypart split?

It counts toward te weight you are lifting, it does not count as a "plate."

Attached: Don't count the bar.jpg (1000x2500, 834K)

>implying that bodybuilding isn't the most pathetic egotrip of the two

Does 1/2/3/4 make you look like a fag? I'm skipping out on 1/2/3/4 and going straight to 2/3/4/5

This is one fat greasy shitpost.

what if you just run a normal strength program and then slap on half a bodybuilding routine on top of that?

Lol you don't need to be big to squat lmao3pl8. 3pl8 squat for 1 rep is like 125kg 5rm. There are probably asians out there that can atg olympic squat 5pl8 with legs smaller than my dick.

Attached: 1504299822736.png (666x666, 853K)

You count the bar of fucking course, but the bar isn't a plate is it?
2 plate bench = 2 plates 20 kg plates on each side, plus the br = 100 kg.

Took some time to read the stickied guide at the top of the board and it talks extensively as weight lifting to lose weight. I was just wondering why it doesn't mention any specific 'core' exercises. I do a couple things with kettle bells that are core exercises and wondering if I should just ignore those and try the other weight lifting methods.

>autistic math science nerd
These people are attracted to bodybuilding too, dummy it's all progression autism diet autism.

Not him but asking as the sticky isn't too helpful for fatties, but does this apply if you've still got a big belly? I started Stronglifts when I was quite fat and was cutting but stalled out at 40kg on ohp and 55 on row, so I'm doing a surplus.

Reminder that 1/2/3/4 is a completely made up milestone and has no bearing on "novice" or "intermediate" stages.

I know who that is

Yes, so you aren't moving babyweight for sets of 10-15 on a hypertrophy routine and wind up making no progress

Anyone with size worth a damn was/is strong af

That's why 1/2/3/4 is a joke, although it seems crazy for an average skelly dyel.

1/2/3/4 even for reps is babby weight. 2(and a quarter)/5/4/7( and a quarter) here, squats suck from knee surgery, I'll get it back soon. Inb4 estats. I'm an admitted fraud if I couldn't hit these it would be sad.

I don't, I do full body 6 days a week with one main lift everyday like I'll start with bench, dead, squat, or ohp then do a couple sets for each muscle groups split up however I feel like it. On the 7th day I do strongman specifc training, usually 5 events, Atlas, log, car dead, Conan's wheel, farmers. I usually finish this with sandbag runs for conditioning, also use a concept 2 rower every night split up randomly between sprints on it and long distance.

I'm BraPping 76kg and my chest looks infinitely better, so nah famicon

might be beginner if you're a fatass

Retard

DYEL that swallowed the koolaid

post a video
post body

Those are beginner goals easily achievable within 1 year of training at sub 200lbs for a 6' tall man

>1/2/3/4 for a single rep
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

I do a lot of hypertrophy work and don't train only strength. I want to be big and not just strong.

>tfw fat as in freedom but can do 1/2/3/4 for reps

Literally what Boring But Big is.

Brian Shaw go away.

I wish, I'm the weakest male at my strongman gym, hell some of the women out lift me in squats by a bit. I even get log mogged by a woman consistently, none of my lifts are terribly impressive except my bench, I know my bench is really good, doesn't help in strongman and I don't plan on competing in powerlifting so I'm not sure why I work it so much

That's 1/2/3/4 for 1rm.

Now do it for 5 reps

I've posted pics before, not gonna post a video or anything to identifing, I just admitted to gear use. I'm still kinda fat by fit and my standards not by amerifat standards though, 6'2, 235, around 14% bodyfat

Only reason I chose powerlifting is cause the routines are 3 day a week.
Bodybuilding is like at least 5.

its actually 40kg/80kg/120kg/160kg

>"novice" or "intermediate" stages
These are also completely made up milestones.

I'd kill for that physique rn
t. recovering fatass

this.

I realize you need to be in near constant physical pain from working out to get gains. Like you should nearly collapse and yes it hurts like hell until you do it.

Of course they are, they don't even account for bodyweight, 1/2/3/4 is impressive if you are 110lbs, if you are 275 it's absolutely shit

Where does that differ from what he stated?