Thoughts on eating organs?

My father loves eating grass fed animal organs, they are full of nutrients. I rarely ever eat them though. I've had tongue, brain, kidney, liver but I don't think I've tasted heart before. Liver has a quite strong taste, it also depends on which animal you eat it from. Brain feels strange eating but it's quite pleasant. Tastes mushy and has a unique taste.

Attached: yummy.jpg (658x334, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)
chowhound.com/post/livers-organ-meat-chicken-stock-891104
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaki
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC122606/
youtube.com/watch?v=mb-pXczfe7A
youtube.com/watch?v=mEoHfOlIvC8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My parents still eat it and can still out work people in their age demographic. Don't know if it correlates, but it wouldn't hurt because it's full of micros.

Chicken stew with hearts is great.

Organ meat and fatty cuts are the most cherished parts among primitive tribes, I've also read in Weston Price that some tribes gave mince muscle meat to dogs because they just didn't eat them.
Today we only eat the liver and the brain (the heart and tongue are just muscles) as real organ meat whereas we should eat also the kidneys, the thymus, the spleen the pancreas etc...
Most people have a fucked diet today which leads to dysgenics in just one or two generations. We should eat a paleo diet with most of our calories coming form animal fat and nutrients coming from organ meat. We don't need any supplementation.

Organs are great, just don't overdo the liver. Our body can only handle so much Vitamin A (the real kind) at a time.

I dont think theres an organ that i didnt try, they all taste good and nutritious af

the only organ i eat is pussy xDDD

Do sweetbreads count? Liver and heart are top tier, kidneys and intestines are bretty gud. I dislike the texture of brain though

Even lungs?

in my family we eat them frequently, also because lot of our regional dishes use them (pic related was sunday's lunch: busecca)
other dishes we cook are heart with lemon and parsley, boiled tongue and venetian style liver and of course ossobuco if you consider it an organ

Attached: busecca.jpg (895x500, 445K)

>Heart with lemon and parsley
Sounds delicious

lung's sausage is godtier

it is

Attached: FB_IMG_1544446607615.jpg (720x540, 32K)

No, eating organs is for poor Venezuelans.

all dead flesh is acidic and cancerous

Isn’t eating the brain dangerous?

Dumbass

t. twink

Depends on the species of animal and if there are any spikes in neurological diseases. First to mind are mad cow disease in bovines and chronic wasting disease in deer.

>hehe

If you get itf from a somewhat reliable source you're fine, also cook it to be sure and it's fine.

Cooking doesn't destroy prions, the actual thing that fucks you up.

Based and meatpilled.

Of course you eat organs. They are the most nutritious parts of the animal, and the most nutritious foods on the planet such as the liver, brain, bone marrow.

Human tribes in the past ate the organs first because they were the prize possession. They fed the organs to pregnant women and growing children because it is so necessary for optimal health. Animals also eat organs first when they kill.

Attached: 1b06a0b879f384d424ac83c28c115530.png (307x369, 298K)

only if you eat human brain

imagine eating a cloud
yea

parasites from meat is a meme to scare you. same with salmonella, it's a meme.

prion disease clusters come from where there is munition factories, nuclear weapons plant, bomb testing range, etc..
this affects the quality of the soil from which the animals eat

vietnam eats a lot of brain even as street food, but they aren't dropping dead from prions. also if an animal is infected it is in every tissue not just the brain

This dude doesnt even look so good that he has the right to make up his own eating scheme. I will lift for another 2 years and then tell yall how eating only eggs is the best diet.

no guys I was serious it's about eating human brain en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)

This dyel old man, Lyle McDonald, is one of the most respected voices in the fitness industry.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 11K)

Nigga a prion is a protien not a parasite. There are no treatments and an infection is a death sentence.

I'm trying this soup out, except i threw in some bacon as well and didnt use carrots, but used red lentils instead, hope it turns out well

chowhound.com/post/livers-organ-meat-chicken-stock-891104

Kidneys are yummy.

Eating organs makes me feel powerful and is good for me aside from the cholesterol.

>diet effects your genes
paleofags...

Attached: police_cycling.jpg (460x287, 56K)

even at their peak, people catching prion diseases was very rare, now that the meat industry is extra-cautious, it's almost nonexistent. Still is an extremely scary disease, but the risk of contracting that is so low (one person in 2018) that it's not worth worrying about.

don't taste very good but absolutely based macro profile & nutrient density

Love em. Kidneys are maybe my least favorite and hearts are usually just chewy without too much flavor.

never had organ meats. Where do I start? how do i cook it, i dont want it cold do you just warm it up or cook to a certain temperature. what do you use for seasoning?

That is very similar to polish dish
(flaki):
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaki

Where to get grass-fed organ meat? I can only find liver, and even that is corn/grain fed. The general population is too squeamish to find these in grocery stores. American here, for context.

I like fried chicken hearts.

They are delicious and nutritious

well, there's epigenetics

Butchers sell them for cheap

Chicken liver is the only liver I can eat. Organs just have an extreme taste to them. Meat is pretty fucking bland compared to organs. I really want to like it but I hate the taste of some. Tongue is okay but it's more meat like.

What?

I've cooked beef heart twice. First time I took half, cut it into strips and cooked them to medium rare. Had diarrhea the next day. Next time I took the remainder and cut it into cubes and slow cooked it. No issues. Does beef heart need to be cooked more thoroughly than steak or did my digestive system just panic having heart for the first time?

chicken liver is great and easy to portion, and they are usually around 20 grams each, it's easy to keep track of nutrition

Grass-fed too?

What exactly are the “nutrients” that are so special in organs? You can get all the vitamins from vegetables and supps, and calories and macros from any other food. Genuinely curious because there are moms out there who eat their own placenta.

Organs are delicious and so so cheap. Livers, kidneys, hearts, cow guts, tripe, brain. All of them are brilliant and a staple in many lesser known cuisines.

You can look up guides online, make sure your meat is well cooked. Also look for butchers who give grass fed meat as it is of better quality than grain fed.

I'd love to try this. What is the texture like?
But why would you count ossobucco as organ meat?

The bioavailability of plant nutrients for humans is very low.
Animal protein/fat contains ready made animal nutrients

Cheap as fuck and usually good macros. Just don't eat liver too much. Tongue cooked well is based.

Heart is just muscle, you can eat it as you would a steak. You were probably just unlucky the first time.

>vegetables and supps

You already answered your own question.

Literally nothing wrong with taking supplements. They are used all the time to cure deficiencies. Naturalistic fallacy.

>2018
>thinking cholesterol is bad

If the protein is sourced from plants it's inferior to animal protein. That's a fact.

I passed out eating calf liver once.
Since then i only eat beef liver, even though its supposedly more polluted.

You can get every single vitamin, mineral and nutrient from pills so your question was a non question. In the context you asked, no food is special since it can all be acquired in pill form.

Fucking delicious. Be careful though, too much liver can fuck you up with iron and too much of everything else can fuck you up with vitamin A. Keep it in moderation though and they are amazing.

Its better to have high iron than too low.

Any kind of heart is insanely cheap where I live and has godly macros compared to "normal" meat. If you don't mess up the cooking it doesn't taste much different either.

Liver is great
Intestines are good
Kidneys are gross
Didn't have any other organ I think

healthiest thing you could eat. Liver has every vitamin under the sun, and in a more concentrated and absorbable form compared to fruits and vegetables.

not all tissues, only the CNS

a week after my ex left me, I was at a fancy restaurant.

I ordered pork brain.

then I saw her outside, walking with another guy.

she seemed happy. I didn't finish my pork brain.

Attached: 1514880003433.gif (417x542, 780K)

well well look at this former boyfriend eating a fancy pork brain

chicken heart is the GOAT organ meat.

It's neat to see those cultural changes to diet and what's the luxury good vs the cheap/poor good. Salmon and Lobster having once being seen as more for the poor, I'd say the Roman love of and elevation of the pig in cuisine is a sharp cry from how pig feels a lot more lower class now.

You had me googling beef heart. I really think presentation is a key reason why people get squeamish. Sliced up on the top right and it looks like some insane luxury steak cut. Lean as fuck but it looks mouth watering. On the bottom and it looks like steak when you trim the arteries or whatever the white webbing is. What I've seen of it cooked and it looks no different than any other cut of beef. Obviously butthurt about presentation pre-cooking is asinine, but it just does strike me how the presentation can make all the difference. Then again beef heart really isn't that bad looking - it reminds me a little of a paler red chicken breast.

It's not an organ but the one meat thing I'd never try is headcheese. Looks like actual vomit. Any organ I'm good to try, I know liver is wonderful and I'd force feed a duck if it meant getting free foie gras.

Attached: -9234904--242.png (964x1026, 2.01M)

people who got infected in the uk weren't eating brains and spinal cord

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC122606/

Can anyone recommend any liver recipes?(doesn't matter which animal). I've had pig and cow liver before but I can't seem to acquire a taste for them.

I struggle to get past the taste and texture of liver. How well does it do in a stew?

is natural trans fat from animals bad for you?

Attached: wah.jpg (444x592, 50K)

>natural trans fats

Attached: BrainiaB.jpg (929x701, 64K)

meat and dairy does naturally contain small amounts of trans fats, you dunce.
they're different from trans fats that result from the hydrogenation of industrial seed oil, and actually have beneficial effects.

post good recipes for to eat offal

youtube.com/watch?v=mb-pXczfe7A
youtube.com/watch?v=mEoHfOlIvC8

Attached: thCGZ6L6IY.jpg (474x266, 22K)

so hard for us amerifags to get organ meats but that is probably the most nutritious stuff you can eat BY FAR

I'm from Spain and imagined this thread was made by americans, since eating organs (casquería) is as normal as eating chicken breast here, and in many latin americans coutries I've visited.

Liver, sliced thin, fried in lard with onions is great. Pretty much every liver tastes a tiny little bit different for some reason. It is worth it to get it as fresh as possible from a butcher.

>be me
>leave bf because his outbursts of autism embarrass me
>week later
>taking a chad to my place to seal the deal
>something in a window attracts my attention
>it’s my fucking ex sitting alone in a fancy restaurant wearing a fucking hoodie and eating a fucking pork brain
I didn’t even blow Chad that day

God tier:

>Liver
>Heart
>Tripe

Good tier:

>Brain
>Intestines
>Hooves

Ok tier:

>Heads
>Tongues
>Testicles

Don't know tier:

>Lungs

Holy shit why don't you just lick a public urinal tier:

>Kidneys

>Kidneys are gross
You need to let them a few hours dipped in water or they'll smell like piss when cooked, but they're pretty good

Any traditional Spanish recipes you can recommend? Especially liver.

I've had heart, gizzard, and liver. Organ meet is generally really bland. It's super good for you though.

no chicken livers are still 10 euro/kg and beef is way more still.

organs are only chap in Mediterranean butchers. 2.5/kg chicken livers

>people that live in mutt hutts cherish certain parts of animals
based and redpilled, and sacrificing your first born will probably boost your TEST levels by 20%

I mean, beef heart is meat, right? My issue with beef heart is the strong taste and I'm in a burguignon frenzy in the past few weeks so I like my meat fatty. I love beef heart soup though, with carrots, potatoes, garlic and veal stock, cooked overnight.

Yeah I didn't prepare that myself, the person who did might just be a shitty cook

Have you been able to find any grass-fed organs? I'm American, and even in the event that I do find liver and other organs, they are never grass-fed.

literally the best thing you can eat for micros, next to moluscs.

when lions kill an animal, they eat the liver first.

Attached: fullsizeoutput_140e.jpg (500x281, 51K)

wat?

Im most cases organs are still eaten first because you cant preserve them well through salting. I live in the coutryside and we slaughter pics on occasion.

my lunch hall in university has liver almost every week
i think im the only one that buys it, tastes ok

Where do you live?

the 10 euro/kg is for biological grass fed. though that still says nothing really the beef liver is 20/kg