Struggle with power clean

Im a beginner on SS, currently at 105kg squat and 125kg deadlift. I am starting to do power cleans now but I cant successfully do more than 40kgs.
What is wrong with my technique?

youtu.be/L5WEal5MHbE

Attached: 63701F82-5564-4E61-944A-E25E6FA8F226.jpg (1125x1552, 963K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mo5Dwy7dhjA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your technique is very poor which is why you ain’t progressing. Watch some technique vids on the oly lifts - Catalyst athletics do some alright stuff for example. You should try some clean shrugs to really get the feel of the clean being a seamless movement because that pause you are doing mid lift is fucking your shit up big time.

Sorry, i didnt mean to leave in that ‘your technique is poor’ bit. You’re already asking for help. Didn’t mean to be a dipshit about it OP, good luck

you need to break down the lift more, among other things. bring the bar to below the knee, then halfway up femur, then explosively into the hips with the shrug/lift portion. at the moment you're only reaching the first step, then kind of jumping right into it, the bar wants to stay in contact the whole way up to the hips, with the three steps i mentioned, then thrust into it and bring it up, yes you might dickslap the bar but thats ok.

Like the other guy said, stop pausing mid lift. Should be one explosive movement upward. Also squat down more so you're lif ting more with your legs instead of your back.

Also try leaning back slightly when first pulling from the floor

Im doing the pause because Rip said to slow down the whole movement when learning the lift so you can focus on the pull motion better. Ill watch the vids and try again, thanks

I was starting from a deadlift position, Ill try to sit my butt a bit lower at the start of the motion, thanks

Dont jump just for the sake of jumping lmao.

if you can't do it with more than 40kg, don't learn how to do it with 40kg, learn with the bar.

Pls dont learn the oly movements from mark rippetoe, watch real olympic weightlifters explain (catalyst,clarence kennedy,zack telander, cal strength) all have good tutorials.

the rip video is bs watch the juggernaut video series with klokov that was the best 4 me. The torokhity videos on the clean are also pretty gd

youtube Juggernaut Training Systems and watch their videos, it's a great source for weightlifting. From your video i can see that you need to bring the knees foward and try to stay more upright, but that's just my limited understanding of the lift. Good luck op

Most important thing is to actually hump the bar and jump up at the same time. It should feel like its flying up

drop your ass from the begining. youre bending over then getting to position. squat down. grab the bar and get into position from there. youll feel the pull more and hopefully itll help connect the dots from there

also. that pause makes this shit more of a hang clean

try a lighter weight and go through the whole motion. youll find your shrug is important and connects the whole thing.

Attached: 1544325780009_0.jpg (800x1232, 865K)

It's hard to tell but it looks like you may be pulling with your arms right before your jump. Keep elbows locked until after the jump

Shrug with your shoulders
Shrug backwards not up
Thrust with your hips
Shrug when bar is half way up thigh
Rotate your elbows

Watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=mo5Dwy7dhjA

In the slo mo it really looks like the bar is floating. Also, there is no jump in weightlifting.

Jump is a bad cue from Rip and company. You definitely don't wont to be jumping backwards in any event. The force you're producing to make yourself jump back should be used for making the bar go up instead. Watch the Lu Xiaojun posted just above. Also notice he has a little arm bend, something Rip et al will also tell you is bad.

Check the Lu Xiaojun

Freeze your video at 11 seconds. Your elbow needs to be above the bar here. This is why it looks more like you're reverse curling and you are going back rather than up.
You're not that far off from a solid SS power clean- but your technique will not work for heavier weights.

thanks a lot for this tip, so my hips should be a bit more back and i should move myself over the bar a bit more?

If you want to do some form of explosive movement but you don't want to do power cleans you could try doing weighted box jumps instead
They're a lot more fun and imo have equal if not more carry over to S/D than cleans

So I’m gonna break it down step-by-step

1) drop your hips down before the pull
2) don’t pause during the pull, keep the bar in one fluid motion
3) extend at the hips, you’re missing the hip drive which is important for putting up more weight on a power clean

The catch looks good, I think those are the 3 biggest things that you need to work on

Thanks for the great tips, this helped me

>youtube.com/watch?v=mo5Dwy7dhjA
Beautiful

My clean is also shit, so I'm gonna pay attention to this thread.

>>>/reddit/