/fat/ Why did you make me do this edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For roundbois who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. milk, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Previous thread:

Attached: 1506239459544.gif (633x758, 16K)

Three more pounds until I'm back under 200. Going to blow by it with some cardio and fasting this week.

how much have you lost so far /fat/

47 pounds.

53 lbs

Oh fug we have the sames, about 47 pounds

82lb as of today, still have 99 more to go.

Attached: Capture.jpg (869x536, 45K)

test

A little weird but did you go down from 236 to 189?

Not quite but close, went from 227 lbs / 103 kg to 179.5 lbs / 81,4 kg.

>tfw ankle user with permanent injury and 300 pounds
>today wake up at 6 am
>goal is to walk all the way to a place I need to be
>this is so I get used to not being fucking loser
>start the walk early in the morning when its dark and raining
>not too far from home already in ankle fucking up
>its dark, its cold, its raining
>keep pushing through the pain but not so it gets unbearable
>stretch at big distances and stop when need to
>brought a little nutritional bar that has 200 kcal and protein also water
>only had quark for breakfast anyway with vitamins so it's OK, within my limit
>I heave and ho and push forward in the cold shit morning
>see all these normal people walking like its nothing, going past me
>I'm in constant agony and ankle keeps sending pain to my back too
>tfw the fucking lights go from being lit to shutting because the trip is so long
>google maps says the walk will take me...1 hour and 35 minutes at a normal pace
>mfw it took me 2 hours and 15 minutes
>had to walk back too but did some errands on the way and visited a few places I needed to
>finally get home
>we've been out for nearly 7 fucking hours
>oh yeah took my friend with me who is also fat and I'm trying to get him healthy too
>entire trip was over 20,000 steps or something close to 18 km
>finally get home
>it's still Monday
>didn't do morning cardio or lifting
and now I'm eating 250g of chicken and a chicken salad in preparation for my lifting session, but holy shit guys my legs feel like absolute shit. I can already feel the skin being loose. Gonna be a hell of a shower tonight and sore feet tomorrow, but I'm glad I did it all. My friend... fucking hates me. He hates me. Absolutely fucking detests me. Tells me I'm a fucking asshole for inviting him on this trip... oh well. Keep pushing anons. Don't give up.

Also any tips on how to introduce a healthier lifestyle to a fellow /fat/ person without coming off as condescending? My friend has mild autism.

Attached: walk.jpg (800x1422, 152K)

9 pounds off. I'm glad you're lower than me. I had a little competition streak hit my brain for a sec. I'm going lower.

Posted this on the last thread, I dunno what weight I'm on the left but pretty sure it's over 100 kg, on the right is me yesterday at 81,4 kg.
Keep on going, we're all gonna make it. Still got a lot of work to do myself too.

Attached: progress.png (1500x1016, 2.35M)

>Also any tips on how to introduce a healthier lifestyle to a fellow /fat/ person without coming off as condescending?
The only real thing you can do, is lose weight and show him first hand that it works. If you wants to lose weight, he'll ask you for tips eventually.
Everything else is a lost cause, you can't force someone to lose weight unless they're bed bound and you're their carer.

So you're saying break his legs and force him to write a novel while feeding him less and less?

He has mild autism, like he can't count calories. I've explained it multiple times, but he doesn't get it. He can't fathom what 100g of nutrition is and how to multiple that like x2.5 for example when there's 250g. Instead he'll say retarded stuff like
>"I guess that yogurt was 1000 calories so I won't eat anything today"
And then he proceeds not to eat anything that day. Except he must, but he doesn't show it. Or he starves himself now.

I keep getting frustrated at him because he's not only a friend he's family. So I can't just give up on him, but fuck man I am about to give up on trying. I even gave him a free notebook, link to cronometer and how to use it and then I asked him a week did he count his calories and he just looks at me like "FUCK YOU HOW DARE YOU ASK ME" like man.. I'm just trying to help you.

Attached: helper docter.jpg (657x527, 37K)

that walk actually should burn about 1000 calories man so good job, eat up user

>tomorrow weigh in and picture after 4 weeks
wish me luck
I'm nervous as fuck
was going to take weigh in today but couldn't meet the same conditions (after workout and shower, no eating breakfast yet) so it's tomorrow.

Attached: 1543977597822.gif (400x289, 3.16M)

Am I still /fat/, Jow Forums?
>6'4 215, 20y/o, started at 325 last year

Attached: IMG_0977.jpg (720x1280, 96K)

Also what should my course of action be whilst home for christmas break from uni? like workout wise

You probably could stand to lose a few more pounds, but i personally would just focus on getting more muscle instead while trying to keep the bf% roughly the same

>You probably could stand to lose a few more pounds
Was planning on trying to get down to 210-205 for christmas break. I have visible bodyfat on my stomach area(as you can see) and my chest, which if the one little fold by my pecs goes away I will look so much better. I also have a lot of leg fat but that's started to go away too so I'm looking much better. I want to at least have visible abs when I get back from break - I can FEEL them but you obviously cant see them yet.

unless you have access to a gym, cardio and bodyweight shit

>christmas break from uni
I am 30 and going to uni next year, I hope. Any tips on how to blend in with you zoomer faggots while I'm still losing weight? I don't want to be noticed, just focus on studies so I can get a job later on.

about 8kg

not sure if you're just baiting or if you're actually this autistic.

15 kg+ so far, aiming for 30 kg more so a long way to go

>165 kg
holy shit user you are a literal tank. You are doing fucking great. whats your diet / routine?

>Any tips on how to blend in with you zoomer faggots while I'm still losing weight?
Oh shit you're still in university? Jesus christ. If I'm not making six figures by 25 I'm offing myself.

I go to uni in north Florida so it only recently got cold - my daily outfit is almost exclusively NMDs, semi-tight khakis or khaki joggers, a black arc'teryx jacket and if it's sunny, clubmasters. Wear something like that and you'll be fine.

I'm gonna be able to use my stepfather's home gym - he's a former navy seal and ridiculously jacked. I've lost over 100 pounds in the last year so he'll probably have some stuff to get me bulked.

>how to blend in
just be yourself

there were quite a few boomers in my class when i was still doing CS, i doubt anyone will give a shit if you're there

>home gym
sweet
do you already have a routine?

>Oh shit you're still in university
No you dumb ass, I never went. I'm going in now. Who the hell spends that long in uni? No I never went because I was poor, lazy and wanted to try my own thing. After a decade, my own thing failed. Now I need a new thing. Education seems to be the answer. I don't live in Burgerland, so I think I'll blend in easier here, but I was just asking.

>i doubt anyone will give a shit
Nice. Where I live, tuition is completely free for me. However living expenses and food aren't, so I'm still going to have to get a fucking loan. 30k for 4 years is going to be tough.

>do you already have a routine?
Kind of but not really - anything from Jow Forums is better than what I have now. I want to lose a little weight and build muscle mass if that's at all possible.

I assumed you were a grad student or something, idk. best of luck user, I'm in burgerland now as well(grew up in the third world)

do starting strength for a few months and then move onto something else. i've been doing ppl for a bit even though people say it's a meme

>best of luck user
Thanks man. I will try my best. Got another decade to waste I guess. I'll try that work thing and study that everyone goes crazy about.

>there were quite a few boomers in my class when i was still doing CS
CS major here and can also confirm, also lots of asians and neckbeards. It's funny because I'm the only stem major in my fraternity and literally any time any of them fuck up their laptop they immediately come to me like I'm some kind of free tech support.
>"Oh yeah, let me use my knowledge of C and Javascript to clean the jizz out of your keyboard"

Attached: programmer pepe.png (931x554, 333K)

>only ever use my leet hax0r knowledge to automate shit that doesn't need to be automated
CS was a mistake

110 pounds

My school just dumped a $100 million into a "college of entrepreneurship" and I am highly considering switching over there in the fall. There are so many connections I could gain from being there, and with my eventual goal of running my own SaaS fulltime, it's looking like a better idea every passing day. Also I'm on scholarship so I have all the time in the world to fuck around and figure something out, thanks american taxpayers

CONFESSIONS CLOSED UNTIL... UHH.. TOMORROW. DUE TO UNFORESEEN UHH... COMPLICATIONS.

Attached: 1542693433456.png (2217x2217, 715K)

in the same situation. switched to a business major after my first year, glad I did.

great job user

9 lbs, but I just started. 51 to go.

200 as of today

85 pounds

I am currently about halfway through my weight loss. I started at 215lbs, I am 193 right now and have a goal of 180lbs. I staarted SL 5x5 about 3 months ago and initially made great progress. However it did start to slow down. My working sets are OHP 125, BP 215, Squat 285. I want to switch to a PHUL routine but should I wait until I reach 180lb before switching or could I switch now?

Attached: 1528507285970.jpg (1024x768, 107K)

Just started dieting(basically, started eating normal portions instead of fuckhuge and cut out all the candy, soda and fast food), I'm 3rd day in and I'm extremely hungry and my head hurts. Is that normal or I'm doing anything wrong?

Hunger is pretty normal, especially if you've eaten really big portions before. Probably means that your stomach has stretched quite a bit and it'll take a bigger volume of food to feel full. Stomachs can also shrink back though but probably won't be too fast. Head hurting, I dunno. Don't go crazy with the deficit, see that you drink enough water. Someone else with better info might want to chime in here.

21.2 lbs. I've been having trouble getting a consistent measurement some mornings but it's right around there. Should be under 240 by the end of the year

Headaches went away for me after a week or too. For the love of god, keep it up for a few weeks at least, you need to let you cravings fade naturally

This kind of headache usually goes away after I eat, might have something to do with blood sugar. But I ate enough carbs today, if not too much, like bread and spaghetti. I drink enough water, the calorie deficit is somewhere around 600(i'm sloppy about weighting my meals). Painkillers don't help either.

>or too
fuck. or two.

What if I gradually reduce amount of shit I eat instead of cutting it completely? Like, a small glass of soda every day, fast food 1-2 times per week, does it work like that or I have to cut it all at once?

it's ok, it happens

Attached: confess-hugger.jpg (1367x896, 103K)

Eat whatever you want, just keep your kcals under your TDEE. Eventually you're going to want to cut that shit out though.

user here to chime in. Started dieting few months ago. I can fill you in.

>Hunger
Like the other user said, hunger is normal. You have to get used to it. First few weeks are the worst. Your giant stomach just wants to be filled more. Don't. Use water. Eat porridge of raw foods that take longer to digest. By use water, I mean drink it stupid. Drink at least 3 liters of water a day. Drink it throughout of course.

>Meals
Eat two or three meals, or even one. Usually two is doable. Make them big enough to be 400 to 600, so you feel full. If you don't, add in salad (NO FUCKING DRESSING -- unless it's self made out of greek non-fat yogurt), carrots, broccoli (steamed), bell peppers and other foods that have no calories in them to fill yourself up.

>Headache
Might be your blood sugar. Drink some chamomile tea, big cup about 500 ml and add in 2 tea-fucking-spoons of sugar only. Drink it slowly. If you hate tea, go with coffee, but limit your sugars to 2 tea spoons. If the headaches keep going, go to a doctor. If the headaches go away because you eat, it's because you might be starving yourself.

Read the OP.
Calculate your TDEE.
Eat a good amount but always leave deficit.
Be consistent.
Don't give up.
Keep a food diary (or use chronometer)
Never slack on counted calories, DO THEM!
By doing them you learn to do it automatically. You pick something up, you read the FUCKING NUTRITIONAL VALUES and COUNT IN YOUR HEAD how much is in that shit.

Most importantly, have confidence that you can do it. I did this today and I'm a giant fucking whale still.

Attached: 1525358235321.webm (640x640, 2.64M)

.2 lbs because I took a piss
then again, literally started 10 hours ago

I mean user if you don't just distance yourself from it then you'll just come back to huge portions and you'll fail the diet. Maybe soda once every 2 weeks is fine but fast foods are mostly no no's unless you're willing to sacrifice other meals to stay at the deficit and that's only when you eat them very rarely.

Been losing 1kg per week but today I weight myself and only lose .3kg (.6lbs)

According to my scale my vodyfat whent from 21% to 18% and muscle mass from 39 to 40kg.

Are those changes possible in one week? Or did I fuck up weighting myself? I feel anxious because I had my first cheat day last Saturday but I didn't even eat that much.

Attached: az9A81m_460s.jpg (460x366, 21K)

Confess now for peace of mind or forever be plagued by evil...

Attached: 1540408691372.png (1024x1280, 88K)

I ate a lot today that I didn't count, mainly because I did a giant walk. I also did my lifting. I would do cardio but can't, too much pain. I probably ate around 1800 calories today all in all, but burned maybe 1000 with exercise. That's also not an exaggeration. I also missed on a change to buy 7€ worth of 80 Whey, 1 kg, because the store was empty of them. Sold out. I would've bought 3 kg if I had money and the store had some. This week I have to check if they have more. I did manage to squeeze in 150g of protein today from just all the chicken I ate.

Are cheat days boomerscience? I try to stay on my 2200kcal diet (3500 TDEE) and I dropped about 8lbs (224-216) in two weeks, but one cheat day and 3 beers later I'm back up to 220.

WHAT THE FUCK

Dont overlook water weight loss or gain just keep at it

There's a difference between a "cheat day" and a refeed, although dumbasses tend to think the latter is the former. Refeeds should be deliberate and monitored like every other day. For refeeds, you add carbs to your otherwise normal healthy intake for the day.
Also, if you ate a fuckton on your cheat day, especially a high amount of sodium, you should expect to have put on temporary weight in water and waste.
ALSO, an obese person doesn't need to be having refeeds or cheat days two weeks in to their diet.

Had a fuck it week of fuck, no counting, no gym, just do whatever. I didn't overeat or abuse or binge, just eat whatever I felt like it, when I wanted, not counting calories or taking note of fasting.
I didn't gain a single gram in weight, went back to the gym today with a new strength routine and I'm feeling millions. I think I'm able to get back to a normal life once I'm done with this weight cutting.

The fuck is a refeed?

I'll eat ~1500 calories a day with about 120-150g protein, go lifting weights and swimming 3 times a week each and walk where ever I can.
Going great so far, but I can feel the fatique setting in on my novice LP after 6 weeks. Not sure if I can keep that one up for 3 months or if I have to get onto a more "intermediate" routine which doesn't have such a soul crushing intensity each set.

It might like I'm enabling, but you should try deloading a bit if your afraid of failing lifts and hurting yourself. You're such a fucking unit that that swimming is doing a lot of the work.

I want to swim again, but I'm literally embarrassed to do so. I have nasty scars ALL OVER. Not small, but like... start from the bottom of my man tit and go ALL the way down. I want to go swimming again but man, I'm too afraid of the looks.

Attached: 1542656523078.png (1156x864, 677K)

So what's the deal with zero calorie drinks like boomer monster or pic related. It's written on them that they have no sugar but they're super sweet.
Sweet things are something i constaly fail to reject from my diet and typicl last couple of days before going insane and devouring some of them.
I was wondering if drinks like these are fine to drink since they have no calories or if its some poison that companies managed to pass as fine by chemo-therms.

Attached: wariant-PepsiWildCherryButelka.jpg (787x1226, 126K)

If you can, just go around mid day, there is basically no one else as most people are in school / work or already done swimming (old people). And everyone else is usually to dedicated to themselves to notice other people.

I actually had the time off to do that. Maybe I will. If it isn't too expensive.

MA- MA- MA- MAXIMUM SMAKU

Zero calorie no sugar sodas have artificial sweeteners in them that are bad for your bones and shit. You'd be better off training yourself to get your sweet fix from natural sugars found in fruits and such. It doesn't take a lot of food to satisy your palette, so you can have a serving of fresh fruit or whatever every so often without fucking up your diet. You're bound to fuck yourself over if you think it's safe to regularly drink diet sodas and the like. The sweetness will keep you coming back for more without satisfying your appetite at all.

This. My man, I fix my sugar carvings daily with a portion or two of oats with protein powder. It's sweet enough for Jesus so it's sweet enough for me, and helps me get to my protein goal all while being 450-ish calories for a huge ass portion. Satisfies hunger too. What does diet Coke do? Nuffin'

This.

I love fruit so much now I have to stop myself.

the headache is sugar withdrawal. If it gets too bad you might want to ease on cutting your carbs more slowly.

How does one avoid water retention?

8kg. 22 more to go

Eat roughly the same amount of salt and carbs a day while drinking a decent amount of water. But really water weight doesn't matter

Plz help

Weight loss always slows down the further into process you get, and muscle weighs more than fat so if you're putting on muscle it will affect your weight. I don't know what kind of scale calculates your % for you but you're probably fine.

32 in 8 weeks

How are you guys going to survive Christmas this year?

37 lbs, exactly half way

Attached: Silje-Torp-Froya01.jpg (750x1000, 114K)

About 50, but I have fallen off the wagon as of late

I'm doing a marathon in March and need to lose about 30-35 pounds. Should I plan to just barely meet this goal or cut as quick as possible to give myself time in case of problems and so I can train in earnest when I'm close to my goal?

Should I do Body Recomp or Cut then Bulk I always see mixed reactions
(5'8 167lbs)

Im not actually fat but I ate 3 cream cheese brownies today that apparently totaled up to 1400 calories. im bulking so its not much of an issue but I still felt bad afterwards. they were pretty delicious though. remember to treat yourselves bros.

Attached: 1540066827293.jpg (612x408, 29K)

About 10 lbs. Only been at it for three weeks. Got kicked off the water weight gravy train and actually get to see the struggle of the scale only going a pound or two every week.

Keto starts today.
I have tuna, chicken breast, sour cream, cheese, cream cheese... That's about it... (going to get broccoli, spinach, and more meat soon) But regardless it starts today and it doesn't end until I hit my goal. Currently 6'4" 245lbs, goal weight is 200lbs. I join a gym sometime this month, if there's not enough to get Christmas gifts and join the gym as well, then ain't no gifts gonna be got. Gym (and vape supplies to quite smoking once and for all) is first priority.
I'm at a really big caloric deficit, but I'll be consuming enough stuff to be happy.

My body comes first from now on.
Since I was like 5 I've been overweight and that changes now.

Attached: 1538791171537.jpg (960x837, 60K)

Christmas and surrounding days aren't that bad for me. I'll do the usual OMAD without dessert at the end and be just fine. I might not make my usual calorie deficit, but I dont really mind staying at maintainance for a day or two as those meals actually matter to me unlike junk food in a normal day.

My biggest fear is new years eve though.
Last year it ended up in a drug fueled 3 day bender and I don't think it'll be much better this year. On the bright side, I'll spent way less on molly now that I've lost a substantial amount of weight.

If you haven't lifted before, go for the recomp.

At my best, 40 pounds so that I was under 200 total. Of course I'm fluctuating now.

>Week 5
>259 from 300
>Had to go clothes shopping today because nothing I had fit me anymore, my old shirts looks like blankets on me
>Can wear an XL without feeling like I have to butter up to squeeze into it
>tfw I'm almost at a milestone, and I'm not stopping until I hit 200

>Week 7
>260
>Now 254
Jealous of your gains bruh.

Wow, are YOU fasting?

No, I threw all of my shitty old food away. No soda, nothing that isn't water, I eat chicken breasts, rice, spinnach, peas, any frozen vegetables really. I track everything I eat, and just don't get fast food every single time I'm out.
Don't stop bruh, we're all gonna make it

Also, go to the gym 4 times a week. The first two weeks will suck dick, so hard. I went from a sedentary lifestyle of sitting in front of a computer for hours at a time, to running for at least 2 miles per gym session.

Finally started losing the last 12lbs I've been fighting with for the last 3 months.

Been fasting since last thursday, scale went down 6lbs total, around 1lbs per day since the initial water loss, shit's like magic. Just don't eat anything, don't need to cook, don't need to count shit.

Attached: 1544328191399.png (300x300, 67K)

I've lifted for maybe 4 months now but I just started seriously like 2 months ago