Grip Training

Are these worth it? I'm thinking of getting a few to train with on my off days. I get that deadlifts train grip but I want to isolate. Also I think it would be cool to be able to crush a throat in a fight with my bare hands. Anyone have experience with these?

Attached: coc.jpg (609x609, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fKF9Dw_DVc0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Farmer's walks are better

based

I do them sometimes, but these seem to offer a progression and a more quantifiable result (farmer walks are kind of conditioning in my book)

Just do heavy pulls

Death grip is all you need

does anyone actually own these? kinda looking for advice from people that have trained with them. i do deadlifts and farmers walks already, i want to know if its worth isolating grip

Just start rock climbing. I almost crushed a girl’s windpipe because I hadn’t choked someone since I started climbing and wildly misjudged my grip strength.

i used to climb about 10 years ago, can still do 2 finger door frame pullups(never got to one finger) but i dont have time to climb anymore. i also work with my hands so i have much more grip than most guys do anyway

I have them. They're not bad. Easy to do too much and piss off your hands. I think crush grip is very different than support grip for pretty much the same reasons that other concentric loading is different than other isometric loading, so it's worth doing some grip work that isn't just static.

Do dead hangs.

Try going to a minute and then progress to one arm dead hangs. 5-10 seconds each hand. Try to switch from one hand to another while you are hanging in a slow and controlled motion so you don't injure you elbow.

My mom has one. It's mostly useless if you can deadlift 140 kg, at least that one is. I could probably press it forever if I wanted. Doing overhand grip on deadlift and other pull exercises helps you better, try to do overhand grip for as long as you can.

Two different types of grip strength. Crush vs support.

My biggest gripe with these is that they're constructed in such a way that it's harder to close them with a left hand.

How do I into rock climbing without an heroing?

Here watch this entire video and save your money for real equipment
youtube.com/watch?v=fKF9Dw_DVc0

these are good for building crushing grip (for handshakes or overall squeezing) combine with farmers walks and or dead hangs and you will have vice like grip

I have some that you can adjust the difficulty of by turning a knob. I recommend you get something like that.

???????????????

Unironically, take judo or bjj. You'll get a grip like fucking iron, and it will be functional strength, not puffy pretty boy gym strength. You'll be able to throw people and strangle them to death with their own clothing, while they do all the wrong things and pass out.

You'll know you're on the right track, when your forearm muscles exceed the strength of you finger joints and you start to wake up with early onset arthritis, or you give yourself a nice avulsion fracture.

>t. I take bjj and strangle people with their own clothing.

Attached: grips.jpg (810x540, 78K)

They are good at building crushing strength. If you want strong arms you should and need to he hitting all angles of the arm.
>pinching
>crushing
>support
>extensors
>rotation
Check out plebbit griptraining. They're actually strong and know what they're talking about.

>You'll know you're on the right track, when your forearm muscles exceed the strength of you finger joints and you start to wake up with early onset arthritis, or you give yourself a nice avulsion fracture.
are you saying that judo does this to you?

No, this is shit. Do dead hangs and

climbing gym you dong

>muh functional strength

or you can train your grip strength to improve in judo?

how do you do farmers walks when the gym is packed like a sardine can?

i got one because of how weaker my left is than my right. It won't make you look any bigger like wrist curls/farmer's walk does, but it will help your grip strength. My brother always had a stronger grip strength then me and would basically break my hand, but now it's quite an even fight and it takes a good minute or two until one of us breaks

You have obviously never used a set of these or you would understand what that guy means. They are not symmetrical and thus you don't have as much leverage with your left hand as you do with the right because the handle that your fingers grip is closer to the ends of your fingers when held in the left hand.

Go to a different gym or at a different time. I go during a lunch break and it's empty.

I only have one gym dude, and I can't be runnings in and out just to check if the place is deserted just to do farmers walks

>one gym
What kind of shithole do you live in? Fucking hell. I have three gyms around my workplace and one in my damn building. And like a 100+ in the city.

You know you can ask the receptionist when then gym is the least occupied, right? Fuck, my gym offers discounted memberships with access at their lowest occupancy times. 50% discount.

>until one of us breaks

arm wrestles or do you just fight by gripping each other harder?

gripping each other (hands ofc)