At what weight can I wrap my knees and sqaut without shame? 3 plates?

At what weight can I wrap my knees and sqaut without shame? 3 plates?

Attached: Knee-Wraps-with-Velcro-for-Cross-Training-WODsGym-WorkoutWeightliftingFitness-Powerlifting-Best-Knee (500x485, 57K)

>wraps
only sleeves are acceptable and only if you have bitch knees

Why do you squat?
> 3 plates?
no

4 plates for 3+ reps minimum

Wraps if you are squatting 1000+lbs from a monolift with a squat suit on
Sleeves from just the bar

Wraps by themselves are lame as fuck. If you wanna lift with assistance just go full eq.

Wraps are for competition, sleeves are for training.

If you want to use wraps to help lift more weight, youre a retard. Go ahead.

If you want to use wraps for safety, understand that the wraps are literally holding your knees together so that the weight doesn't split them apart. If your knees are really that delicate then you shouldn't be squatting the weight in the first place.

Just use them if you need it. Aka you cant hit depth consistently after the first couple sets.

Dont depend on them.
And by all means dont fucking death grip your knees by wrapping it super tight.

>tfw I will NEVER be able to squat heavy because I have pic related

Don’t really care though. I’ve realized lifting heavy is literally a meme and will only fuck you up down the road.

Attached: 99E76285-CD34-4A05-8E04-76A3EFEA8896.jpg (750x1172, 160K)

this is cope, sorry bout your knees though

I hate this retarded "purist" approach trolls and idiots spread on Jow Forums. Use whatever helps you to lift healthy and effectively, no one gives a shit except for a couple of lonely gymcels who will never be a part of your life anyway.

lifting at your absolute limit is only for powerlifters, but progressive overload seems like the best way for beginners to gain muscle

If you have ever fucked up your knees, the answer is 'just wrap'.
If you have never fucked up your knees and don't want to end up like me (it's officialy winter when I can't walk for a couple days) then wrap the moment you start to worry about your knees.

I had a patella fracture back in 2013. Every time I try to do any leg exercises involving bending my knees I feel like my knee is about to pop out. The brace my doctor gave me feels like it doesn't do much, and to top it off it's incredibly uncomfortable. Plus I have very hairy legs, so it irritates the hell out of me. What's my best option in terms of wrapping/brace that is comfortable and will stop me from being terrified every time I run, and exercise?

Should also mention the muscle in my left knee (the one that fractured) is not strong at all. It's fucked. It's a situation where I want it to improve, but any exercise I do I get scared that it's going to pop out of place.

>3 plates?

Attached: 1412572574999.gif (311x223, 1.52M)

the alpha attitude

Don't wrap your knees if you're not competing. They serve no purpose if you're not training for a competition.

why not use a bunch of rubber bands that will lift the weight up for you instead?

I started wrapping my knees when I did my first PL comp because the fed (APF) recognized no difference between raw and raw w/ wraps.

Wraps suck for regular training. They hurt like a motherfucker and they take a good bit of time to re-roll / re-apply between sets.

If you're going to compete in wraps I'd start wrapping up for everything heavier than 85% (add weight too compensate for the wraps too) for the last 4 weeks before you taper / peak (so 6-8 weeks out).

How do you even balance 3 plates on a barbell? Do you put 1 in each side and one in the middle? Lol that's stupid