Is doing the army a gains goblin or is it good for gains?

Is doing the army a gains goblin or is it good for gains?

t. Applied for paid studies program as an artillery officer

Attached: is04-2015-0015-001.jpg (2048x1307, 501K)

>canadian army
why don't you just become a mail man?

You'll be fitter than 95% of non military guys, but you probably won't get thicc juicy.

Go for it, it's fun.

Attached: not fat just bulking.png (725x898, 477K)

You get lots of push ups but not many actual gains

Attached: 7e6.jpg (408x352, 21K)

right now most active duty Canadian military are assisting new immigrants in Canada. Your job will be wiping 40-year-old somalian "teenagers" butts for a living.

Lmao false. You'll more than likely do stupid exercises and dig trenches all day.

I was in way better shape before joining the navy. don't waste your time in the military.

doing Canadian military reserve basic training right now, its a lot of running and close to no weight training. I'm bulking and lifting heavy to avoid losing gains. Overall it is a gains goblin unless you play it smart.

Attached: 1541623837739.png (400x397, 244K)

I’ve seen a lot of before/after pictures of guys going to basic training. Lots of them end up pretty shredded but lose a lot of muscle. Good for fitness and general aesthetics but not good if you wanna get yoked

this

POGs do that shit, not combat arms guys.

Caf is fucking jokes now don't bother.
>gunner
Fake ass combat arms wannabe

Did u just finish ur battleschool or what?

depending on the specialty you choose it could force you to do tons of cardio and rucking which makes it very hard to become huge, partially because being heavier makes it hard to meet the PT standards. It's easier for skinny fucks to do well on the tests. This is for the U.S. military at least, but apparently they are changing most of the fitness tests to include strength.

It also depends on your unit, I've had some where I had the ability to go to the gym during duty hours and do my own training. I've also had commanders/supervisors get a hair up their ass and decide to make you all do group pt which includes some kind of stupid circuit training.

basically if you choose a non combat job you have a better chance of being able to pursue your own goals for the most part. The military has many different cultures across different career fields. Some are all gung ho about running and group pt (infantry for example) some let you have more control over your life.

brother is in the caf. all his peers are fat slobs

stay away. you are allowed to skip nearly all forms of pt if you feel like it. the trannys mafia run the show now

I'm not canadian.

Attached: 1538008448520.png (500x782, 518K)

well since i'm a red blooded burger i can only offer my experience in the US military. If you are in a none combat job then you can get gains in the gym, hell some marine POGs even use roids. If you are in infantry you will become DYEL but also have a feral look to you. If you are spec ops then your body type can vary from just about anything. I've seen dudes who were absolute units and guys who looked very skinny but incredibly muscular. It just depends how far down the shit you want to go.

Attached: 2DAxwA3.gif (350x197, 1.69M)

no but it's a brain and money goblin

Gday Australian Grunt here, can confirm that army ‘can’ give you gains but just like anything else you have to put in to get out. If your a ‘combat’ core like arti you might have the ability to do more pt in your own time, I don’t know much about an officers rotuine but most I know are pretty bulk so I say go for it.

All the navy gave me was a need to drink almost every night.

I never smoked or used tobacco until I was in the military, drank some in high school but only socially. Now I still smoke 10 year later after being being out 2 years and can't kick it, also drink like a fish

i thought training in any army is about being able to tolerate harsh conditions. Not about lifting as much weight as possible or looking as buff as possible

Attached: 1455931384266.jpg (765x764, 102K)

also if you are a young enlisted in the infantry in the U.S. army, or a marine, or security forces in the AF, etc, you will not be considered responsible enough to PT on your own and will probably be forced to run, and do pushups and situps and BS every day which will cut into your time for yourself and also make it harder to have the energy to lift

0311 Marine Infantry here, 8 years in.
>during garrison, leave or stationed somewhere like Okinawa
>you will get pretty swole
>deployed to Afghanistan
>gains goblins galore, cardio is king
>combat doesn't care how bloat or zyzz you are
>you need to know how to run indefinitely

was it a good financial option for you? I understand it's not the best paying but surely if you're smart you can save and invest.

It opens up some unique employment possibilities. A friend of mine I went to SOI with has been with the Marine Raiders, and has gotten offers for Maritime security once he gets discharged. Infantry pay/life is shit if you're junior enlisted. The shit is still around and worse once you hit staff NCO, but the pay is much better.

Completely depends. Some people save up a whole lot into their TSP (military 401k equivalent).
If you deploy, put your shit into storage and save that sweet tax-free pay.
One of my NCOs has bought 1-2 houses at every location he's been deployed to (0% down VA loans) and is making some serious bank off of renting them out.
Other people blow all their money on dependas and strippers.

Was close to walking into a recruiters office with my bachelors and leave law enforcement because i'm bored and want something new in my life. Got side tracked because of surgery. With all this reflection I think I have to do it so I don't have that what if? in the back of my mind. Just looking to see if it's fiscally responsible I personally would be looking to save and look for growth into my character and not be a shit bag.

With a degree and prior serious work, look into going commissioned. Better pay and quality of life.

Understood, thanks pal.

Also, don't believe everything the recruiter tells you in terms of jobs and availability. If you want a certain job, stick to your guns and be adamant. They're supposed to work for you, not the other way around. Be willing to go to another service's recruiter and play them off one another like you're haggling between vendors in a market.

Initial desire was airforce due to family prior service and intel/cyber or anything else. secforc just seemed like doing the same thing i'm doing now. CG will be harder for officer but seemed more fun

I'm someone who did 8 years then voluntarily separated as an E-5 in the air force. I was making $4k a month after tax, full healthcare/dental obviously. I was never good with my money and didn't save a dime or invest it. I got out because I was tired of it and I'm going to school full time now but you don't realize how good that money is until you get out. Now I'm going to try to get back in any branch that will take me as an officer after I get my degree so that 8 years towards retirement don't go to waste. Also currently I'd be 10 years from being able to draw retirement.

Sure, a younger enlisted living in the barracks/dorms isn't going to bet BAH/BAS but the money you are paid basically just goes to a car payment and whatever you want to blow it on as your meals and housing are paid for.

Combat roles will cause you to have a shitty diet, encourage you to drink heavily and get poor sleep. Lost gains in training.
The joociest guys I know are admin clerks and Signalmen

I’m currently an Army Infantry Officer, what do you want to know?

NTAYPT but what do you do on a daily basis

What was your job if you don't mind me asking? I can see why you would be sick of it after 8 years, some things you just got to do.
What job are you, and what jobs do you think translate into civilian life better?

I been navy 8 years.

Ive always been giving time in the morning M-F to PT until 9AM. And this is at 2 SOF commands, and one great shore duty. But Ive never done that, I show up at 7 and am lifting at 1300 in the gym out in town. I like getting to work early and having the afternoon to myself

Jet engine mechanic. I didn't mind the job itself, just got tired of the politics involved with making rank at this point. The military has changed a lot and the AF really is like a corporation in some regards. Also my first base was great and then went to Barksdale AFB in Louisiana which really killed it for me.

I'm and Air Force intel officer right now and have a few friends who are cyber. Both are the only growing officer career fields in the AF. Lots of opportunities depending on what kind of work you want to do. Also, the private sector pay of doing intel/cyber with a TS clearance is very good.

That's what my grandfather did in the 50s. Pretty cool stuff dude, were you mechanically inclined prior or they taught you everything?
Do you regret not going cyber, and do your cyber guys regret not going intel?

Not at all. Intel is all about "career broadening", meaning trying different kinds of work. Cyber isn't really my bag. My assignments have been embedded in a fighter squadron and now working with SOF. Intel and cyber work very closely together. If you go AF intel, you can actually go cyber as a specialty and go to the AF cyber tech school. Then you can go work with the NSA and do all of that stuff.

Not at all mechanically inclined or even interested. I didn't do what said because I didn't know wtf I was doing and basically went in open mechanical and got lucky by getting propulsion instead of being a crew chief or AGE or something. That's a big regret of mine is not doing more research on what jobs are available in the military because there are tons. Who knows, might have ended up doing something I liked better. Yes you go through a technical school for your job and do on the job training. You don't have to know anything. That's why the military is actually a good option for someone who has no direction in life.

Now I'm actually pretty interested in mechanics, automotive specifically and my major is mechanical engineering when I always used to think i wanted to do IT when I was younger.

That sounds like the experience i'm looking for. What bases have you been to, and how do you like that lifestyle?

Good on you man, glad to hear it's working out. I'm almost 30 so it took a lot for me to look at myself and see I wasn't happy and didn't have the courage to try something new I always wanted because I got comfortable. Thanks Goggins..

What sections of an ASVAB study guide should I read for intel? I bought a study guide book on amazon and it's 600 pages.

Where you at famalam? I was Naval aviation but got NPQd due to my vision. Redes's to Cryptologic Warfare. I have a lot more spare time now, it's a fucking joke academically compared to flight school. Lifted for the first time today in 2 years.

Also how long is yalls Intel basic school?

I've been to an F-16 base and now I'm at one of the stateside AFSOC bases. It has its pros and cons. I enjoy working with the guys who are carrying out the mission and killing the bad dudes, so working with Vipers and SOF has been cool.
Cons: I went into a deployment-heavy area of intel. I'm on my 3rd deployment right now since 2015 and will likely go on a 4th one about a year after I get back in a couple months. It's rough to be home for around a year and then gone for 6 months. I'm looking to get out and go civilian for better pay, no deployments, and live in a better location. At my homestation, my job was/will be once I get back drones, which can be soul-sucking shift work.
But, there's something for everybody in intel. You can be embedded with units at the front, do cyber stuff, sit on spy planes and listen in to bad guys phone convos, work research at a big place like NASIC or DIA. Really all kinds of options.
Sorry, I can't help you there. I never took the ASVAB.

I'm at one of the stateside AFSOC bases.
Ha, sounds like me. Went to UPT for the AF and instruments got me. Our intel tech school is 7 months and yeah, academics were cake compared to flying.

military is gains goblin but your cardio will rise

you gotta be able to lift after doing PT and rucking which not many can do

"Combat core"
Fucking lid